Inner Workings by CLfan
Summary: Xana creates his own unstoppable warrior and one by one our heros fall. Soon tired and discouraged they can only watch helplessly while the evil spreads.
Categories: Seasons, Seasons > Season 3 Characters: Aelita Hopper, Jeremie Belpois, Odd Della Robbia, Ulrich Stern, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Gaining Power
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 2571 Read: 28777 Published: Dec 04, 2006 Updated: Dec 11, 2006

1. Creating to Destroy by CLfan

2. Son of Xana by CLfan

3. School Gets Worse by CLfan

4. Tension Mounts by CLfan

5. Investigation by CLfan

6. Deception begins. by CLfan

7. Plans in action by CLfan

8. Heroes Fall by CLfan

9. Sacrifices by CLfan

Creating to Destroy by CLfan
Author's Notes:
I do not own Code Lyoko,the characters,or any of the places.

On Lyoko the supertower activates,once again cloaked while Xana's plans unfold. Inside the blood red programs swirled as if they had been given power, and could not control it. Then in came a black cloud as evil as it was dark. Xana was about to attempt something that before seemed an unreachable goal. As power surged through the tower it gave life and form to a new evil, Xana's son.

Back at the Academy it was late at night and Jeremie Belpois was just about to go to sleep, when his laptop started to beep.

"Oh no," Jeremie said tired and frustrated " an activated tower."

At the risk of being caught by Jim he hurriedly called his friends and they all met in the woods.

"Doesn't Xana know what time it is,I need my beauty sleep," Odd joked.

"It wouldn't help anyway," replied Ulrich.

This made everyone laugh but Odd.

"I doubt that Xana cares what time it is anyway," Jeremie said. " Let's get moving."

Once at the factory Jeremie sent them to Lyoko and gave them thier vehicles to scan the area for the tower.

"Do you see anything?" Jeremie asked.

"Yes, I see the top of the tower we should be there soon," Aelita replied.

They arrived just in time to see a dark black figure step out of the tower, a Xana symbol on his chest.

"Who are you, how did you get here?" Ulrich questioned.

"That's no way to talk to your prince, now is it?" The figure asked.

"The only thing your prince of is ugly," Odd remarked.

At this the figure shot lightning out of his hand and hit Odd. Expecting to be devirtualized he was not ready for the searing pain that hit him.

 

 

Son of Xana by CLfan
Author's Notes:
I know his name stinks but  i couldn't think of something better.

"Silence fool! I am son of Xana and prince of Lyoko"

"You are no prince, just a monster with a new look," Ulrich replied.

"For that you will pay."

Suddenly a sword and shield appeared and with his new weapons he lunged toward Ulrich. Before Ulrich knew what was happening he stared down at the sword now plunged through him,he then devirtualized.

When he came out of the scanner he went to see what had happened with Jeremie since he hadn't heard from him. Jeremie was at the monitor wires in his hands trying to fix it.

"What are you doing Jeremie?" Ulrich asked.

"Xana turned off the monitor to where I couldn't see or help you. What happened?"

"It seems we have much bigger problems than that monitor," Ulrich replied.

Back on Lyoko with Ulrich gone and Odd badly hurt by the electric blast Yumi and Aelita had to fend him off on their own. Round after round of attacks and not one hit him. After a while they would get tired and he would not. They devised a plan to defeat him, Aelita would attack from the front and yumi from the side.

As he held up his shield to block Aelita's attack Yumi's connected with the Xana synbol on his chest. The next moment suprised both Yumi and Aelita, as insted of exploding he stood there laughing.

"Fool, my father's symbol is not my weakness for I have none. You humans have many and that is why I will eradicate you all from the face of the earth. Say goodbye because if I have anything to say about it you won't be coming back."

"Good thing for us you don't," Yumi replied.

In an instant he zoomed forward took out Yumi then Odd and Aelita as well, for the first time they hadn't won.

 

 

School Gets Worse by CLfan
Author's Notes:
This is the good part!

When the other's came out of the scanners they found Odd badly hurt. They took Odd up in the elevator to find Jeremie and Ulrich waiting.

"Xana turned off the monitor and the mike so I couldn't help you, by the time I got it back up it was too late," Jeremie explained.

"Odd's hurt but he should be fine after some rest," Yumi said.

"Well let's all get back to school, Xana wasted half our night we'll be lucky if no one found out we left."

They all went up in the elevator so no one was there to see the same dark figure step out of a scanner and follow them. As they walked home they had a feeling someone was watching them but payed no attention to it, or the figure lurking in the shadows just behind them.

The next morning when they all woke up they found out a new student had enrolled at the academy, and by rumor he was quite the genius. At breakfast they saw him, a boy dressed in all black the look on his face was bleak and emotionless.

"Hi," Jeremie said politely.

"Goodbye," the boy replied a tone of hatred in his voice.

He then walked away scowling at anyone who stood in his way.

"I can tell he'll be mister sunshine," Odd joked sarcastically.

"Yea, but at least that's one more person that hates Sissi," Ulrich replied.

"Only because he hates everybody," Odd said.

They all had a feeling that this new student would make things a little more intersting around Kadic.

 

 

Tension Mounts by CLfan

Within less than a day every single person in school feared the new guy, even some of the teachers. It was as if he hated everything the people, the ground, even the very air he breathed. Some were sure he did. When the teacher asked him his name he would not reply, not sure yet what he wanted to answer to.

"My name is...," he started, while staring at the codes going by on the teacher's computer screen,"Cody."

"Well Cody on behalf of all of us at Kadic I would like to welcome you to our school," the teacher said.

There won't even be half of you all when I'm done, and I will not feel welcome till I am home, he thought to himself. Just then he experienced the one thing he hated more than the world, pain. He screamed in pain as he ran from the room, covering his eyes as he did so the others would not see the red glow in them. He ran to the computer lab, ran towards a computer, and jumped in, only to find himself back on lyoko; his home.

"Stupid human world, I cannot survive out there without more power, and power is what I shall obtain."

Everyone worried about what had happened to him but continued class anyway. Afterwards Jeremie went to find Cody, only to find that he was missing.

"I wonder what happened to him?" Jeremie Belpois wondered to himself.

"Whatever it was it sounded pretty painful," Odd replied.

"Yea I know, that's what worries me."

 

 

Investigation by CLfan

Later they all met back at the bench and Odd and Jeremie told the others what had happened.

"Do you think it was Xana?" Yumi asked.

"I don't think so, or we would have known about it," Jeremie replied.

"Yes but if Xana could sheild the tower's from the superscan, it's possible that a tower could be activated," Aelita said.

Jeremie had to admit she had a point. He decided that he would investigate around school with Odd, while Aelita would go to lyoko with Ulrich and Yumi.

When they got to the factory they went to the control room. Aelita then activated the auto feature and they went down to the scanners. At the same moment they were all virtualized onto Lyoko. When they arrived they were in the Ice sector and found an unplesant surprise.

"You again," Ulrich said.

The figure met his gaze and scowled just before he lunged.

Back on earth Odd and Jeremie could find no trace of Cody, it was as if he had vanished. He was getting more concerened that it was Xana and that Cody was in danger. He may not have liked him that much but he wasn't about to let Xana claim anyone's life.

"Uh, where could he have gone to!" Jeremie yelled in frustration.

"Maybe he went back to wherever he came from," Odd replied.

"That's a great idea Odd, let's go check his records."

Odd destracted evryone who came by so that Jeremie could check the records, but to Jeremie's dissapointment his records hadn't come in yet. When Jeremie came out they both left and Odd started to ask questions.

"Well Einstein anything turn up?"

"No Odd, his records haven't even come in yet," Jeremie replied.

"Oh well, let's go see how the others are doing."

On Lyoko our heroes fought back valiantly but knew they couldn't keep it up.

"It's like he never get's tired," Yumi said.

"That's because I don't," he replied.

Soon he got Ulrich which left Yumi and Aelita to fight him off.

"I don't have time for this," he said.

At this he devirtualized Yumi and jumped into a tower. When in the tower he jumped up to the second platform and pulled up the screen. When the screen was activated he entered the code power. The programs then turned red and the outside grew hard and tough, then a surge of electricity pased through him and he vanished.

Deception begins. by CLfan

Creating a son had taken a lot of Xana's power, but now that he recharged the real trouble would begin.

When Jeremie and Odd made it to the factory Jeremie had to materialize Aelita. When told of their defeat Jeremie began to think about how quiet Xana had been since the arrival of his son.

"So he said he didn't have time for this?" Jeremie asked.

"Yes, it was as if he didn't care that we were there." Aelita replied.

"I think Xana has plans for his son and xanafying towers isn't it."

"You think he wants us to think the towers are his target?" Yumi asked.

"Yes, and his plans are probably far greater than that."

If only he knew how wrong he was. The next day at school they saw Cody again. When asked where he was he said he went to the hospital because he didn't know they had an infirmary, he was let off easy but warned not to do it again. Jeremie was suspicious but accepted it as a logical answer. At lunch they walked over to talk to Cody.

"Hey mister sunshine, how's it going?" Odd asked.

"Call me that again and you won't be able to see the sun shine," Cody replied hatefully.

"Alright fine, someone's a little cranky today."

"You try leaving your home and see how you like it," Cody replied.

"What was your home like?" Jeremie asked.

"Let's just say it was like a whole different world," he replied.

At this he almost smiled, but then remembered what the plans where for today.

"Gotta go, I'm meeting my dad later. You two should come and meet my dad." Cody said.

"Sure," Odd replied,"and we'll bring the othres too."

"Perfect, see ya later."

As they walked away an evil grin spread across Cody's face, as phase one was complete. The rest was up to Xana.

 

Plans in action by CLfan

Xana's true plan had been the towers all along. Cody had told them to meet him amnd his dad in the computer lab where a group of xanafied people were waiting. When there the people would hold them back while Cody went to Lyoko and xanafied as many towers as possible. What Xana's plans were for the towers Cody did not know, but he did as he was told. When they made it there it was too late.

"Welcome to Xana's lab of evil, please take a seat!" Cody said.

At this he used magnetism to hurl a chair at the gang, but they dodged which allowed Cody to shut the door.

"You'll never get out, and even if you do you'll never stop me," he said.

"Yea but now you're trapped in here too," Odd replied.

"Not exactly." Cody said.

Then he jumped in a computer and ended up in the desert sector, one of the two that were until now untouched by Xana's evil. He zoomed at the speed of light and within minutes half the sector was infected.

"Father will be so proud," he said.

He then left the sector to finish itself, while he infected the mountain sector.

Back on earth they gang was fending off people left and right, even Jeremie who was beating one of them with his laptop.

"This is just a diversion we have to get to the factory," Jeremie yelled over the noise.

"Alright," Ulrich said, "on three we all charge at the door."

"One, two, three, go!"

The door crashed down and they all sprinted towards the factory at full speed, knowing the fate of the world was on the line.

Heroes Fall by CLfan

When they reached the factory everyone rushed to stop Cody before all hope was lost. Jeremie materialized them all with lightning fast speed, and once on lyoko they raced to find Cody and put an end to Xana's plans.

They found Cody minutes after being materialized and the fight began. Our heroes fought like they had never fought before, they had to defend themselves while stopping Cody from xanafying any more towers. They fought him until finally he just stopped. They encircled him waiting for him to attack or do something, but he didn't.

"What's wrong, finally giving up?" Odd asked.

"No, just waiting for the show to start," Cody replied.

Just then all the xanafied towers shone bright red and an orb formed next to Cody. Inside the orb was our heroes worst fear Xana. Using the power of his towers he had built he was able to give himself a body.

"Puny humans, I am free!" Xana yelled.

"No it can't be!" Aelita said, but they all new that it was true.Xana had won.

"My dear girl, it was innevitable. Empires crumble, worlds become desolate, and heroes fall, there was nothing you could do to stop it."

After a pause Cody began to speak.

"Father I am at your service," Cody said.

As if noticing him for the first time, Xana turned to the form to which he had given life.

"How dare you call me father," Xana replied.

"What do you mean?" Cody asked.

"You are a creation to do my bidding nothing more.You have served your purpose and now you are obsolete."

At this the rage and hatred Cody had toward the world refocused on Xana himself.

"Obsolete, I'll show you obsolete."

Cody drew his weapons prepared to fight Xana to the death.

"Cody wait we can help," Aelita said.

"No, my life came from evil and it means nothing. Go and do not look back, Go!"

At this our heroes left, saddened by the fact that a life would almost certainly be lost.

The fight that was about to take place would determine the fate of the world. All that could be done was wait to see who would win.

 

Sacrifices by CLfan

Every blow that Cody launched missed. Xana was faster and stronger so much that his son could not touch him. Even when Cody shocked the ground with electricity Xana just levitated out of reach.

"Give up boy," Xana said.

"I will never give up until you are destroyed," Cody replied.

"At least it will be fun to hear you scream as I delete you," Xana said.

"That's it!" Cody exclaimed.

He ran into a tower and constructed a virus to delete Xana once and for all. Grabbing programs and twisting them ha made a virus so powerful no program could survive, but the only way to infect Xana was to infect himself and stab Xana with his sword.

Cody came out and put all his energy into one last charge. He went at a speed even Xana could not reach and stabbed him through the heart. Xana's new body imploded and Cody faded away, the fight was over.

Back on earth our heroes cheered thinking Xana was gone forever, but were soon disapointed. Jeremie told them that he had done a scan as Xana died and found only his body had been destroyed and that his escense was still out there,ploting to destroy the world. School went back to normal though our heroes still remember the sacrifice that Cody had made.

 

 

This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=101