Spirit Healer by metrunui1
Summary:

Aelita is known for her kind words and gracious attitude. People natrally come to her for help with their problems, and not just the Lyoko gang.

***Soulbound Substory


Categories: Ships Characters: Aelita Hopper
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 833 Read: 1212 Published: Feb 14, 2007 Updated: Feb 14, 2007

1. Spirit Healer by metrunui1

Spirit Healer by metrunui1

            “Hello?” I asked, opening my door, standing there was Theo, and another boy.

            “Hey Aelita, can you spare a moment?” Theo asked, “My friend needs some help.”
            “Why come to me?” I asked, confused.

            “Cause I know that you will listen and give a truthful opinion.” Theo answered, “Please Aelita, it’s important.”

            I shrugged, and opened my door wider “Alright, come on in.”

            Once they were inside and settled Theo nudged his friend. “This is Dietrich Wanamacher, he goes to Chirest.”

            “Hi,” Dietrich said.

            I nodded, “So what is the problem?”

            “Well, there is this girl at school that I’ve known for about a year now, real cute.” He began, “And I’m having a few problems with her.”

            I smiled, this might just be easy, “First off what is her name?”
            “Lindsay,” He said, his voice taking on a dreamy quality “Lindsay Marie Sheffield.”

            “Okay, so what is going on?”

            “Well, as I have said, I met her about a year ago, she had just moved here from England, and we ended up going to the same Science class. She was, and is, real shy and never really talked to people. We ended up doing a project together, and I learned a lot about her, and we became real good friends. We were into the same sort of things, her mom was real cool, and she was within walking distance. She was into World of Warcraft, Dungeons and Dragons, and a lot of other fantasy stuff that I love. We got along real well; it was like we had completely identical personalities at times.” He stopped for a second and sighed. “The trouble started about a month ago. I had asked her out and she had said yes, then I started to get these emails from some guy that knew Lindsay before she had moved…and about two weeks into us being officially together he sent me this email saying how she loved him and was his. I freaked, Lindsay had been real distant from me, and I thought that she was like that ‘cause she felt like she was cheating and was drawing away from me. I went over to her house and yelled at her, and only found out afterward that the guy was one of her old good friends, and he had nearly been killed in an accident. She had been in a fight with him right before it too, and she thought it was her fault, and she was still beating herself up for it. Of course I felt like an absolute dick, so the next day I went and apologized profusely to her, she wouldn’t even look at me. I’ve given her a bit of space since then, left her alone for about two weeks, didn’t even call her. Now that I try and be friends with her again, she acts as if I’m sort of annoying bug, something to be killed. It hurt to be away from her after we… after I blew up at her, but now it hurts even more ‘cause I had really tried to be a good friend to her. I really tried, and now she acts as if I should go and curl up in some empty corner and die. I still love her, how could I not, and she treats me like I’m the world’s worst scum.” By the end he was crying. He looked up at me “Can you help me, tell me something, anything that I can do to make her see me as a friend again?”

            I thought for a moment, I didn’t have the experience to know what to do. I sighed, “Dietrich, I seriously don’t know what to do either, maybe talk to her, try and figure out something that you could do to set things right. I know that it will be hard on you to have her treat you like this, but in her mind it just might be deserved.” He looked down tears flowing silently down his face, “Trust me, I know how it feels to be ignored by someone you care about, it hurts, but sometimes all that you can do is wait. You know?”
            After a few seconds Dietrich looked up and nodded “Yeah,” He said, “But it is so hard to. I love her, I really do, and it drives me insane being away from her.”

            I smiled “I know, but try and wait for a bit, maybe she will be nicer to you as time goes on.” I said, taking his hand “Trust me patience is a great tool, use it to your advantage and most of the time you will come out on top, okay.”

            “Yeah,” He said, “Thanks Aelita.” He said slipping out of the room

            Theo stood up “I knew you could help him, even if it was to tell someone, let some of that bottled up pain out.” He said, “You’re real good at that. Thanks for helping.” I nodded, and he left the room.

This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=135