Somewhere Between Our Lives and Deaths by Kiwi_R0x
Summary: When our heros and their friends go out for the summer, they will come back with a head full of memories- or not come back at all!
Categories: Ships > Ulrich and Yumi, Ships > Jeremie and Aelita, Seasons > Post-Season 3 Characters: Aelita Hopper, Jeremie Belpois, Odd Della Robbia, Ulrich Stern, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Comedy, Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1879 Read: 922 Published: Apr 08, 2007 Updated: Apr 08, 2007

1. It's America We're Aiming For by Kiwi_R0x

It's America We're Aiming For by Kiwi_R0x
 

Summer of ‘12

Yumi- 18
Ulrich- 19
Jeremie- 18
Aelita-18
Odd-20
Sissi- 18
William-21
New Charries:
Julie- 21
Kevin-19
Shan- 23
Mandy- 18

3rd person/ POV:

School just ended for our friends, everyone out of class, no more school. College began for a few, and some already completed. Life was fun. Life was good.

Life for them was ticking away, and they never knew.

Yumi and Ulrich STILL have not said anything about their crushes although their hearts burn for each other; they deny it, and now, it being more obvious than ever, they still smile and laugh like friends. And that’s it.

Jeremie and Aelita were actually an okay couple; getting over the most recent fight about Franz Hopper, was he alive or not?

Odd was the bachelor of his school; which was everyone’s dating, dumping, and dreaming was his routine, and it never bothered him. Never did, never will. Or…so he thinks.

The four new comers: Julie, Kevin, Shan, and Mandy met up with the Lyoko gang all thanks to the dorms. Mandy and Julie had the room next to Yumi and Aelita’s. Shan and Kevin next to Ulrich and Odd (Still…which Ulrich isn’t to peppy about.)

Jeremie was disgusted to find William would be his roommate; but William was much quieter and much more respectful to everyone- including his school enemy and competition, Ulrich Stern.

Kiwi, Odd’s beloved dog, was found out and taken out only the first week during school, and after almost two months about the whole deal it was settled; The dog was going to his parents.

Great. Odd whined and sulked much for the next few months, but became his happy-go-lucky self after awhile, being a grate annoyance and cheer for everyone else.

Where we come in; is the first day of summer. Everyone chose NOT to have class during the summer and would be going on a vacation to remember for the rest of their lives.

And they will, but not for the same reasons they think they will.

“So, let me get this straight.” Shan stated, “We’re going to America?”

“Sounds fun, doesn’t it?” Odd snickered, “Besides, You know you want to go to America.”

“I’ve never put much thought into it…” Mandy said worriedly, “We’ve never been there before.”

“...But we have studied about it.” Jeremie encouraged, “Americans aren’t too different from us, and because it’s a sort of learning thing, our College actually pays for pretty much anything.”

“…We’re….getting paid to go on vacation?” Julie asked, “That doesn’t seem right.”

“No, it doesn’t.” Ulrich smiled, “But we are, and I honestly don’t care!”

“When is the flight?”

“Somewhere between now and next week, we pick the day.”

“...Alright, Fine.”

“So…how about Next Friday? That gives us about a week.” Odd suggested.

“You really want to go, don’t you?” Shan looked up at the blonde-ish boy.

“…Well, yeah…I mean, I’ve never gone to another country before!!”

“And THAT’S because of...you-know-what.” Mandy sighed, “We know.”

“But we still don’t get how you defeated him.”

“…Fine, all to Jeremie’s dorm and we’ll tell the story- yet again.”

XxX

“So…it was on accident?”

“Completely on accident, but it worked out JUST fine…”

“Alright…So, we’re going to America Next Friday, right?”

“Right, Right.”

“Awesome, are you guys gonna call or something?”

“…Yumi.” Jeremie stated, looking over at her “Would you?”

“Me? I don’t have the number…” She started and shrugged.

“My god,” Kevin started grabbing the paper on the desk, “Don’t let her do it, she may mess it up.”

“Shut up Kevin.”

“Yeah thanks, love you too.”

THAT was just their thing, but it always got Ulrich mad. ALWAYS. Ulrich gave Kevin a dirty look as he punched in the numbers to the airport and to the hotel.

“One thing.” Kevin said before pushing “Talk” on the cell phone.

“What is that?”

“Who’s going to pay?”

“…How much is it?”

“…3,000 for each person.” Jeremie sighed, “Maybe we should raise the money first.”

“…I have 6,000 birthday money from my sister.” Mandy shrugged.

“SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS?!?” Odd cried, “Can I be your new brother?!”

“…Um, I wouldn’t count on it. I have a really big family.”

“…You never told us about your family.”

“5 brothers, 6 Sisters…not pretty.”

“...So you’re like…rich?”

“…Kinda…multi-billionaire, is all of the Jenkis Family.”

“ALL of you?”

“…Well, I’m the baby of the family, once I reach 21 I get half of my parents’ money.”

“They…passed away?”

“...My mom did.”

“Ohh...Sorry.”

“WELL BACK ON TARGET!” Julie said to get out of this sorrow moment, “I could pay for myself.”

“Yeah, me too.” Aelita smiled.

“Same.” Yumi replied.

“That’s four people.” Shan replied, “Why is JUST the girls?”

“…Good question… Why do ONLY the girls have enough money for this?”

“...Uhh…We’ll tell ya later.”

“...Alright, well, Mandy, you could pay for someone else…” Yumi stated, “If you want to.”

“I’ll pay for you, Odd. My new brother.”

“OH YAY!”

That left Ulrich, Jeremie, Shan, and Kevin.

“What could we do?”

“…You all already have 2,000 from graduating, don’t you?”

“…Yeah, so we’re only a thousand off.” Ulrich nodded, “Which is still a lot.”

“…Yeah…Odd, you have 2,000 as well, don’t you?”

“I JUST REMEMBERED!!”

“Okay, so I give you a thousand. Meaning I’d have 2,000 left, so I’ll give it to Ulrich and Jeremie.”

“HEY MANDY!!!” Shan and Kevin screamed, “We LOVE you!!”

“Yeah sure.”

The entire day was talking about it, it was all talk. All of it.

The later it came, the more money seemed to be needed.

(Total, for everyone included)

Plane- $27,000
Taxi- $200
Hotel (The rooms they wanted) - $100 dollars a night per room. TOTAL: $12,600.
Extra money should be- $1,000

A TOTAL ESTIMATE OF:

$40,800

“A total of….” Mandy started.

“Forty thousand eight hundred dollars.”

“Oh dang.”

“How much do we have now?”

“How much are we willing to give?”

Shan- $4,000
Mandy- $10,000
Yumi- $3,000
Aelita- $5,000
Jeremie- $3,000
Ulrich- $3,000
Julie- $4,000
Kevin- $3,000

“That would be a total of $35,000.”

“How far are we off?”

“$5,800 silly.”

“…Hmm, we need to get some money around here.”

“Oh yeahh...”

And at night, they chatted with their roommates, and…Jeremie came to see Yumi and Aelita. Like he liked to, because he does.

Odd and Ulrich came to see Mandy and Julie.

“..We’re sorry we don’t have as much money to donate.” Odd sighed, “I had to pay a lot because of…Kiwi.”

“Yeah, and I just don’t know where the money trees grow anymore.” Ulrich looked at the ground.

Even for grown-adults they were very sensitive.

“Aww, its okay guys.” Julie assured, “Besides, we all want to go. And it would be no fun if we left anyone here.”

“Yeah...” Mandy nodded, “I wouldn’t go if one or both of you weren’t going. That’s how good friends we are.”

“Oh…thanks then.”

Oh my god, did Mandy just make Ulrich BLUSH? Odd thought they don’t…like each other do they? Ulrich can’t like her! I want Mandy!!!

“Yeah…” Mandy stated and felt her blood pressure rising and her cheeks turn pink, so she looked the other way.

“Um, I guess we’ll leave you for the night.”

“…Alright, Good night guys.”

“Night girls.”

Julie gave Mandy a look.

“You like Ulrich, don’t you?” She asked.

“WHAT?!?” Mandy cried, but not TOOO loudly.

“You don’t?”

“NO I DON’T!”

“Oh, but I thought…because of the way…I mean…it just…”

“Yeah, Yeah. Nope. I don’t like him.”

“Really?”

“YES REALLY!”

“Oh…okay.”

XxX

“Hey, Ulrich.”

“Yeah, Odd?”

“Do you…oh…I dunno, LIKE Mandy?”

“Like? As in like like her?” The brunette asked, sitting up on his bed.

“Yes, LIKE like her! Sheesh!”

“Odd, I’ve been around hundreds of thousands of girls through my life and then double THAT for the rest of my life! Only one girl I really feel…you know, care for.”

“Yumi, right?”

“Shut up!”

“It’s YUMI, right?”

“Odd?!?! Are you CRAZY?!?”

“RIGHT RIGHT?!? THE GIRL YOU’RE ABSOULTELY OBSESSED ABOUT IS YUMI, right?! RIGHT?!?”

“Shh! SHH!!”

The door finally knocked and Ulrich turned red.

Could that be Yumi? Was she going to talk to him? Was she going to tell him how she felt?...It is! IT HAS TO BE!

Ulrich got up to open the door since Odd was too busy laughing so much he was pretty drowning his pillow with tears of laughter.

“Hello there.” The voice stated once Ulrich opened the door.

….Okay, maybe it WASN’T Yumi!!

“Oh, hey Shan.”

“I heard Odd screaming about you and your lover.”

“Ignore him, he’s being a…random, idiot.”

“Yeah, okay, but listen.”

“Sure.”

“Ulrich, I know you and I are okay pals, but know this one thing.”

“Mmm Hmm?”

“Yumi is mine.

“…Uh…What? I don’t understand.”

“Yumi and I will be going out.”

“…Really?”

“So, as a friend, stay away from her. As far as possible.

“Umm…okay.”

Ulrich knows when he’s lost a fight, and realized…

Why do I always have to put myself in these things, when I don’t even know if she feels the same…I mean, the closest thing we ever got to romantic was the almost kiss in Lyoko…but will it ever become more? It never has been…why would it all of a sudden change? Does Yumi like Shan back?

He felt his heart race in sorrow, jealously, and pure anger.

“Something wrong, oh buddy?” Odd asked. He’s laughing attack was put on hold.

“…Did you know Shan likes Yumi?”

“Really? Did you know that Ulrich likes Mandy?”

“ULRICH DOES- I DO NOT!”

“Well, that’s a shame…because maybe if you told her about it, because Mandy actually LOVES Shan, you could make Yumi jealous, and Shan would make Mandy jealous…Soon after, you’d be paired right, huh?”

“You, the bachelor of the school, is telling me this?”

“You need help, my friend. I’m not going to watch you crash and burn.”

“Have I mentioned your vocabulary and timing realllly suck?”

“I’ve heard.”

“Good.”

THE NEXT MORNING:

“…Truth, I suppose.” Yumi answered to Mandy question for the game of truth or dare.

Alone, Mandy and Yumi were super close friends. Both being tom-boys, both being able to fit it either ‘goth’ or ‘punk’ labeling and both having a dark life style; they were almost sisters, and they liked it that way.

Mandy had blonde hair. Which may be the only difference other than eye color. Mandy had blonde hair but it was cut, almost so much that it didn’t reach her shoulders. Her bangs and the sides of her were hot pink and the layer underneath; pure black.

Of course, Aelita and Julie were also put into this “Sisterhood”, but Aelita and Julie seemed to have more in common as the same with Yumi and Mandy.

That’s just the way it went.

“Truth?” Mandy repeated, “Okay…between...Hmm…Ulrich…and….uhh”

“Shan?” Julie shrugged.

“YEAH! Between Ulrich and Shan, which of them do you like more?”

“Oh my god, another question please!”

“NO NO!” Aelita cried, “Answer it!”

“Umm…” Yumi looked at the ground; they were waiting for the guys to come around to help find stuff to sell.

When Yumi stated her answer the girls gasped.

“It makes sense the more I think about it.” Mandy stated.

“Yeah, I get it.”

“Yeahh! He IS kinda cute, isn’t he?”

As the door knocked seemingly on its own, the clock stroke Noon.

And Yumi went to open the door.

Wanna know her answer?

”Neither. I happen to like Kevin more than any other boy here.”

End Notes:

Okay guys, I finally gave into it.

I'm updating How Much Is Too Much RIGHT NOW!!!

Don't you love me?

This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=176