Death and Love by zukogirl6
Summary:

Third in series "To Understand," Sequel to Broken.  After Jeremie taking credit for the Xana-file-stealing program by mistake, Kaitie is furious.  She begins to ignore him as he frequently tries to get her to love him again.  Urlich and Sissy's relationship isn't going well, and William suddenly disappears one day.  When a depressing death happens in each of the Lyoko Warrior's families, is it too hard to hold the world saviors together?

Not to mention this, but what will happen when some of the Lyoko Warriors find a Summer Fighting Camp pamphlet, and then sign up for it?


Categories: Seasons > Season 2, Ships > Other Characters: Aelita Hopper, Jeremie Belpois, Odd Della Robbia, Ulrich Stern, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: To Understand
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 975 Read: 3929 Published: Jun 09, 2007 Updated: Jun 10, 2007
Story Notes:
ZUKOGIRL6 IS BACK YET AGAIN!!!  This story is fragmented from many dreams.  I've been having writer's black lately, and it stinks.  But here I am, back from the shadows and ready to destroy reader's brains with my complex stories.  And congrats, Izzeban! You're the official co-author of  Death and Love....

1. Chapter 1 - The First Death by zukogirl6

2. Chapter 2 - An Unexpected Twist of Life by zukogirl6

Chapter 1 - The First Death by zukogirl6
Author's Notes:
Oh gosh... why the heck did I choose Australia? @.@

Time: 4:00 AM January 24, 2006

Kaitie sat straight up in bed.  She glanced at her clock, which blinked at her silently: 4:00, 4:00, 4:00.  The girl looked around her room through blurry eyes, trying to find the source of the horrible high-pitched noise.  She stopped on her cell phone, which was ringing terribly loud.  This'll wake up the whole of Kadic for sure, the brunette though as she picked up the phone and squinted at the caller ID.  Mom. "Ugh."  She opened the flip-phone.

"Mom."

"Hi, Kaitie," the cheery voice replied, "can you guess where I am?"

"It's four in the morning."

"No, silly, that's not a place, I'm in Australia."

Kaitie's eyes widened, "What?  Australia?  How the heck did you get there?"

"You really must be tired, or bored at that.  I got there by a plane."

"Why?"

"Well, I interviewed for a world-traveling scientific company.  They sent me to Australia so I could study the Koala's diet."

"Oh.  Well, I guess I'd better start packing."

"No!  You're going to-"

"Well where am I going to-"

"You live in a boar-"

"You're in Australia while im in freaking Fr-"

"LISTEN! You live in a boarding school.  You're going to stay there unless I say otherwise.  I've already called the principal.  Now, I'm going on a trip to the outback in ten minutes.  Love you!"

"You too."

"Bye!"  Click.

Kaitie fell over, the cell still in her hand, and slept like a rock for the rest of the morning.

***

Time: 5:23 PM January 24, 2006

Kaitie plopped onto her bed and turned on her television.  She switched it to the news channel to check for the weather tomorrow.

...a flight from our county to Sydney, Australia.  We have now recieved news that a quick-acting, feelingless poison was injected into almost half of the flight snacks, and for most people there were deaths two hours after arrival.  Here is a list of the people who died:

Nicholas Shorav,  Denver Perrele,  Jiji Meritan,  Caleb Toronu, Sharon Zwelu,  Kirsten Dunn...

Sharon Zwelu

The words jumped out at Kaitie.  She shivered at the sight of them.  Her mother.  Who had enough evil that they would kill an entire flight, not to mention her last blood relative?  She felt the tears coming to her eyes, and she rested her head on her pillow and cried.  The TV was still on.

And the most shocking thing about this poison, is that the body is eaten away not long after death.  The doctors are exclaiming that the bodies are vaporizing themselves in front of their eyes!

There was only one person (or was it an thing?) that could possess a human being to do something this powerfully evil.

XANA.

End Notes:

Oh gosh.  Look at the cute little short paragraphs.  It's like 10:50 where I am (I:50 where I live) and I must be tired.  I promise that this writer's block is over and I will update (before X a billion and two.) <- math equation (or is it?).

Thank you for you loyal fans who have held onto me for so long.  I need your approval or I won't write much anymore -.- I am one of those people who need encouragement, sorry.

Chapter 2 - An Unexpected Twist of Life by zukogirl6
Author's Notes:

Whoa... a harsh chapter name if I do say so myself... WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MEEEE!!! *pulls hair out* o.o now I'm bald XD

Time: 12:26 AM, June 15, 2006

Kaitie walked through the hallways of a bustling, cheery Kadic.  It was the last day of school -- except for the orphans, which Kaitie was now.  They would stay at school unless they signed up for a camp.  Kaitie didn't want to leave the school vulnerable to Xana, so she absolutely refused to go to a camp.  A few flyers were in her arms though, and she held on to them tight.  She turned the corner on the way to her dorm, when she noticed all of the Lyoko Warriors except for Jeremie around a bulletin board.  "Hey guys, what's up?" she asked, walking up behind them.

"Look at this, K!"  Odd held up a flyer.

"Fighting Camp

Unleash your physical power as you learn the latest fighting moves in all of France! This includes martial arts,  swordfighting,  bow and arrow,  and more!

To attend fighting camp this summer fill out the form below or call 1-800-FIGHTING !!!

We'll see you this summer!"

"Ergh...." Kaitie moaned, "I don't know, it sounds a bit forbidding.  Why would you guys be interested in this anyway?"

"We have the future of France in our minds," Aelita replied, "this could give us some professional training for on Lyoko."

"A good idea, but wouldn't it slow you down a bit?  Make you more focused on these fighing moves instead of your natural flow in Lyoko?"

"Good point," said Odd, "but it wouldn't hurt too much to have some physical fun instead of physical disaster this summer."  Everyone nodded.

"And anyway," Ulrich continued, "we've depended on our computer-made moves for so long, Xana knows all our weaknesses by now.  We need to come up with something original."

This went on for about ten minutes, until Kaitie walked away, defeated.  On the way to her dorm she came upon Jeremie.

"Hi Kaitie!"  he said cheerily, "what's up?  You look sort of down."

"Jeremie."  And dissapointingly, that was it.  Jeremie had been trying to get something besides his name out of her for months, and nothing worked.  She wouldn't tell him anything unless they were under a Xana attack, or she found something in Xana's files that seemed like an attack plan.  She seemed like she hated him.  And today, on the last day of school, he was going to get her to like him again, no matter what. 

"I know your voice works, Kaitie, say something else besides my name."

"Jeremie," she said, almost teasing this time, trying to get him frustrated.  What had he ever done to her?  It was unfair, and she wouldn't even tell him why she was ignoring him!

"What is going on, Kaitie," he grabbed her arm, "why aren't you talking to me?!"

She pulled away and walked deliberately to the left, away from Jeremie.  He stood there, stunned.  She had no right to do this to him!  Silent, the blond continued the way to his dorm, lost in thought.  He replayed his life from the moment he first asked Kaitie out.  Long after he had gotten to his room and lay down on his bed he had gotten to the very moment he was in right now.  Nothing.  What had he forgotten?

What have I done that hurt Kaitie so much?

End Notes:
Wow, Kaitie (me) what a wonderful ending.  Oh yes, Jeremie thinking is the ultimate way to end a chapter.  "Much..." how awesome a word to end the section with such a forbidding name?  And the question mark only makes that bolder!!  Wow, do I put myself down too much or what?  I should go through mental therapy or something....  Well, hopefully you all know why Kaitie hates Jeremie now.  You would if you had read the rest of the series.  Try to guess in your reveiws!! ;)
This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=242