Power of Love by GarageKid
Summary:

A series of events surrounding Yumi, but why? What does this mystery attacker have against Yumi, and what happens when her friends can't help her from nearly being killed. XANA's the least of their worried, someone is after Yumi for one reason or another. But who is it?

Rated T for Blood, Mild Language and Violence.


Categories: Ships > Ulrich and Yumi Characters: Aelita Hopper, Hiroki Ishiyama, Jeremie Belpois, Odd Della Robbia, Sissi Delmas, Ulrich Stern, William Dunbar, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Mystery, Romance, Suspense
Warnings: Graphic Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 8826 Read: 35457 Published: Nov 12, 2007 Updated: Jan 17, 2008
Story Notes:

I DO NOT OWN CODE LYOKO!!!!

1. Chapter 1: XANA's only the Half of it by GarageKid

2. Chapter 2: A New Foe by GarageKid

3. Chapter 3: Making a Promise by GarageKid

4. Chapter 4: A Choice between Trust and Betrayal Part 1 by GarageKid

5. Chapter 5: A choice between Trust and Betrayal Part 2 by GarageKid

6. Chapter 6: Loner Again by GarageKid

7. Chapter 7: Back From the Dead by GarageKid

8. Chapter 8: Blood Red Water by GarageKid

9. Chapter 9: Gang War by GarageKid

10. Chapter 10: End of It by GarageKid

Chapter 1: XANA's only the Half of it by GarageKid

“Ok guys, great job. I’m bringing you in.” Jeremie said through the headset. It was their last Lyoko mission, Franz Hopper and William where brought back to earth and they decided on one last mission.

“Materialization Aelita, Materialization Ulrich, Materialization Odd.” Jeremie said as the three appeared in the scanners. “OK, Materialization Yumi.” A pop up on the screen with a red symbol on it.

“Oh no! Yumi?” Jeremie asked as Yumi stepped out of the scanner.

“Yeah Jeremie?” She asked confused.

“What’s wrong Einstein? She’s Ok.” Odd pointed out. Ulrich and Aelita looked over at Yumi.

“Do you feel OK Yumi?” Aelita asked.

“Yeah, I feel fine.” Yumi said as Jeremie’s voice came up on the speaker.

“The scanner picked up something; can you step back into the scanner for me to do a scan Yumi?” Jeremie asked.

“Ok?” Yumi said confused she stepped back in as the door closed. She could feel herself being lifted up and scanned by the machine. Soon she felt her feet returning to ground level and the doors opening to reveal worried looks from Ulrich, Odd, and Aelita. Jeremie’s voice came back on the speakers.

“The scans picked up some type of virus. I don’t know what it is, but I’ll work on it.” Jeremie said.

“Are you sure you feel OK Yumi?” Aelita asked looked at her Japanese friend.

“Just tired, but then again this was a late mission.” Yumi said. Ulrich looked at his watch to see that it read, 10:30 pm. Which meant Yumi was going to be in trouble with her parents if she was caught. Yumi yawned, catching Ulrich attention.

“Want me to walk you home?” Ulrich asked.

“Ok.” Yumi said. She would give made a more excited attempt if she wasn’t so tired. Ulrich nodded and pressed the button on the elevator sending it down to them, Ulrich was first to enter followed by Yumi. As they reached the bridge Yumi looked like she was going to collapse and sleep on the bridge.

“Hey you OK?” Ulrich asked.

“Just tired.” Yumi said. All of a sudden a rush of pain went through her head, since she was already tired and now tired and in pain, her body was ready to go down.

“Yumi?” Ulrich questioned as he saw her hand go up to her head. She felt her knees buckle underneath her, loosing her balance. “YUMI!” Ulrich’s voice was alarmed as he caught her in his arms. “Yumi?” Ulrich asked before finding out she had lost conciseness.

*** Morning ***

Yumi woke up and looked around. It took her a while to realize she wasn’t in her room. She looked around at the Silat posters. She also noticed she was under the covers of the bed with Kiwi sleeping soundly on her stomach. Questions filled her head until the events of the night before. She heard the door open.

“Yumi? You awake?” Ulrich asked stepping through the door his emerald eyes looked at her with concern.

“Yeah fine.” Yumi said sitting up. Ulrich sat next to her.

“Are you sure?” Ulrich said. “You look pale.”

“I’m fine Ulrich, really I am. But more importantly what am I doing here?” Yumi asked.

“I carried you here after you fainted, we all weren’t thinking straight but Odd suggested that Aelita call your mom and tell her you where helping her with a project and you slept here.” Ulrich said.

“Where did you sleep?” Yumi asked knowing she was on Ulrich’s bed.

“I slept on the floor.” Ulrich said. “And Kiwi slept with you.”

“What about classes?” Yumi asked.

“I think you should skip first period, you look pale and tired to me.” Ulrich said pushing her by her shoulders into a laying position. “Get some sleep Aelita dropped off your change of clothes, their in the closet. I had to hid them there from Jim.”

“Ok.” Yumi said closing her eyes. Sleep came easy for her.

*** First Period- Math ***

“How’s Yumi?” Aelita asked.

“She’s fine. She woke up and talked for a little bit before falling back asleep.” Ulrich said.

“Did you tell her about you getting in bed with her?” Odd asked with a grin.

“Odd it was only for a few seconds while Jim came to check on us.” Ulrich said turning red. It was true he had to get in his bed when Jim came to check on him. He was able to hid Yumi by pushing to close to the wall and turning to face her keeping her close so Jim never noticed. He stared at the chalkboard as the class went on.

*** Ulrich and Odd’s Dorm ***

Yumi woke up again noticing Kiwi had moved to her chest and was looking down at her.

“Ulrich never said I had to wait for him to go to class did he boy?” Yumi asked sitting up and scratching Kiwi’s ears. “I’ll leave him a note, change, and go to gym.” Kiwi looked up at her. “I guess I won’t get you to fetch my bag will I.” Yumi stood up went to the closet and took out her bag. She changed quickly in case anyone was coming. She scribbled a note for Ulrich and left it on the desk as she picked up her backpack she had left in the factory the night before, thinking Aelita must have brought it in case Yumi was going to her classes.

“Be good Kiwi.” Yumi said as she went out the door and headed for gym, her class was scheduled to go to the pool.

*** Ulrich and Odd’s Dorm after Third Period. ***

Ulrich opened the door to see Yumi gone.

“Yumi?” Ulrich called as he spotted the note on the desk.

Ulrich,

Feeling better. Went back to class, see you later.

Yumi

Ulrich’s cell phone rang while the caller ID came up “JEREMIE’

“Hello?” Ulrich said.

Ulrich, where’s Yumi? Is she with you?”

“No why?”

“Find her the virus XANA hit her with is starting to root judging my stats. She might pass out again.”

“Oh no! I think she headed to the pool!”

“You have to find her! She could be in trouble!”

“Ok Jeremie, I’ll call you when I find her.” Ulrich hung up the phone and hurried to the pool.

*** Pool ***

Jim had called the students to get out of the water and change. Yumi was falling behind and swam slowly through the deep end of the pool to the latter where she could climb out. She was half way there before a shot of pain went through her head.

Damn! Not here, not now!

Yumi’s legs weakened she couldn’t stop herself from going under and she lost all control over her body, as soon as she realized she needed to go back up for air, it was took late, her head hurt and made it impossible for her to gain control, all she would do was watch as she went deeper into the eight foot deep pool until darkness surrounded her.

Ulrich walked down the hall, noticing Yumi’s class, but no Yumi come out from the pool. He hurried over into the area.

“Yumi!” He called. He looked around until a dark thought hit him, if the pain got to her, and she went under. Without thinking he took off his jacket and shirt since the pool area was empty, he pulled off his shoes and socks and jumped in. the first thing he saw was his nightmare come to life, Yumi was laying at the bottom of the pool, he swam down and wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her up. His lungs hurt from the lack of air as he pushed off the bottom of the pool with his feet to gain full speed and broke through he pulled Yumi’s head above water hoping she wouldn’t make him do what he thought he had to do.

“Yumi! Are you OK?! Answer me!” Ulrich pleaded. He pulled up out of the water and laid Yumi on the concrete floor. “Yumi, please.” Ulrich begged. Finding out what he was going to have to save her life. “Alright, you win, but only because it’s you.” Ulrich said tilting Yumi’s head back, like he had learned in health, pinching her nose, taking a breath and moving toward her mouth hoping she would wake up. This wasn’t how he pictured lip locking with Yumi, but it had to be done to save her live. The first time he hoped no one was watching as he went back up and continued to help Yumi breath it two more times before he heard Yumi coughing and sitting up.

“YUMI!” He yelled happily giving her a bear hug. She was still coughing but all he cared about was her being alive. “You scared me!” He wasn’t ready to tell her he had to do mouth to mouth on her, yet. He only wanted to make sure she was alive.

“Ulrich?” She managed to question through coughs.

“Don’t talk, rest.” he said wanting her to use as little strength as possible. She stopped coughing, but was still breathing heavily. “Get changed, I’ll meet you here in five minutes.” Yumi nodded a yes and walked toward the girls’ changing room while Ulrich walk to the boys’ changing room where he could change out of his wet pants. As he walked back, he noticed Yumi has changed into her normal outfit, but was using the wall for support. He hurried over to her.

“Yumi?” Ulrich asked as he wrapped her arm around his neck with his arm wrapped around her waist as he helped her walk back to his dorm, where this time he was going to keep an eye on her. As they reached his dorm, Ulrich laid her on the bed and pulled the blankets over her. Her brown eyes looked back up at him as though she was apologizing for running off like she had done. He noticed her shiver.

“Your in shock.” Ulrich said as she let her eyes close. He went through the closet and pulled out a bottle of oily liquid. “Franz did say this would help if someone was in shock.” Ulrich said getting Yumi to open her mouth he squeezed two drops of the oil under her tongue like Franz had said because he thought that if you where in shock, you would be an easy target for XANA which is why Franz had made sure the rooms had this special oil in it so it would calm them down. The good part was it wasn’t a drug and it calmed you down.

“Rest.” Ulrich said sitting on the floor. His phone rang. “Hello?”

“Ulrich, did you find Yumi?”

“Yeah she’s with me Jeremie, what’s up.”

“XANA launched an attack, I sent Odd and Aelita to Lyoko. You stay with Yumi and call me when her condition changes.”

“OK Jeremie.” Ulrich said hanging up the phone and looked back at Yumi who sat up. “Lay down and rest.” He told her sternly as she laid back down. Too tired to argue. Ulrich laid his hand on her forehead. “Your gonna be alright.” He promised her. His cell rang with a text.

Change of plans. Head to the factory and bring Yumi w/ U. XANA might try to attack you two if your there.

“We’re going to the factory.” Ulrich said as Yumi forced herself up. “Get on.” Ulrich said with her back to her.

“You’ve got to be kidding.” Yumi said as Ulrich slid backwards knocking her on his back.

“Hang on.” Ulrich said running toward the passage to the sewers.

“You know, I can walk on my own.” Yumi protested.

“I can’t have you passing out, we’re almost there.” Ulrich said opening the door and heading down the stairs and through the sewer.

*** Factory ***

Ulrich kept Yumi on his back while they rode up the elevator.

“Put me down.” Yumi said just about having enough of the little adventure. Ulrich obeyed and let her feet drop to the floor. “Thanks, no offence.”

“None taken.” Ulrich said as the doors opened to reveal Jeremie on the computer.

“Ulrich head to the scanners, Yumi stay here.” Jeremie said as Yumi walked over while Ulrich headed down to the scanner room.

“What do you mean ‘Yumi stay here’?” Yumi asked.

“I can’t have you getting in the way with the virus of yours.” Jeremie said.

“But Odd barely has any life points left! If I don’t go They could get in trouble.” Yumi protested.

“Transfer Ulrich, Scanner Ulrich, Virtualization.” Jeremie said as Odd was devitalized.

“Jeremie are you listening to me?!” Yumi said.

“Yes I heard you, but Ulrich can take care of it.” Jeremie said as the mega tanks went after Ulrich and Aelita. Odd came up to the computer room.

“Yumi? Shouldn’t you be in Lyoko?” Odd asked.

“Jeremie thinks I’ll get in the way with this ‘virus or mine’ well do you really think Ulrich can take on five mega tanks on his own?” Yumi asked.

“And you think he can’t.” Jeremie pointed out.

“Jeremie she has a point, Ulrich’s good, but he can’t take on five at the same time and protect Aelita until she wakes up from that fall.” Odd said.

“What fall?” Yumi asked.

“Odd’s idea.” Jeremie said.

“Jeremie it’s either I go to Lyoko or YOU.” Yumi said.

“FINE! I’ll send you in, but if you pass out, don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Jeremie said as Yumi headed for the scanners. “Transfer Yumi, Scanner Yumi, virtualization.”

Chapter 2: A New Foe by GarageKid

Jeremie brought Yumi, Aelita, and Ulrich back in after they deactivated the tower.

“Yumi, You’ll be happy to know your headstrong behavior saved your life. Turns out, the tower was what Xana was using to keep the virus in you.” Jeremie said.

“So it was nothing! What a rip off!” Odd said as he bounced the ball on the walls of the computer room.

“The good news is we can all get some sleep tonight.” Aelita said. The others agreed as Yumi started toward the elevator.

“What me to walk you home?” Ulrich asked. Climbing in the elevator before it could close.

“I’d like that.” Yumi said. Ulrich smiled as the door opened and the two headed down the street. This time, Yumi’s head didn’t bother her and she was able to make it home without her parents worrying about her.

“Uh, Yumi.” Ulrich said as she turned to him. “I, uh, kinda should tell you about what happened the night you stayed in me and Odd’s dorm and about what happened at the pool.” Yumi gave him a confused look. “I kinda had to get in bed with you, I didn’t to anything bad, I just had to make sure Jim didn’t see you there or he would have gotten really man.” Ulrich said looking at Yumi to see her reaction. “And um about the pool, you kinda almost drowned so I had to um.” Ulrich scratched the back of his neck trying to find an easy way to tell her about his ‘kiss of life’

“Mouth to mouth?” Yumi guessed blushing and turning away to hid it.

“Yes.” Ulrich said blushing as well as he looked back at her. She still didn’t look at him. “Are you mad at me?” He asked her in a kinda hurt voice. She turned to him.

“No, not at all.” Yumi said. “It’s just a lot has happened over the past few days.”

“Like what? You getting sick can’t be all of it.” Ulrich commented.

“Mom and dad got into an argument again, and Hiroki was up all night a few days ago with their arguing and stayed with me that night.” Yumi said.

“I’m really sorry Yumi.” Ulrich said.

“It’s Ok.” Yumi said. “Ulrich, what do you have to be sorry about though, your parents drive you crazy, no offence.”

“None taken, and my parents never fight like yours which is why I feel bad for you.” Ulrich said.

“I guess I can’t blame you, you did save my life.” Yumi said blushing.

“Just another pool incident we’d rather not talk about.” Ulrich said. “Good-night.” Ulrich said as they got to her house.

“Good-night Ulrich.” Yumi said giving him a quick kiss on the cheek and hurrying inside.

*** Morning the next day ***

“Hey Yumi!” Aelita called happily as Yumi entered the gates of the school.

“Hi Aelita, where are the others?” Yumi asked.

“Jeremie’s on his computer, Odd’s pulling a prank on Sissi again, and Ulrich’s in his room. He seemed really happy last night.” Aelita said obviously interested in what happened.

“Oh.” Yumi said simply.

“What happened?” Aelita asked.

“Nothing. He walked me home, we talked, I kissed him on the cheek, and we said good night.” Yumi said trying to sound casual.

“What?” Aelita asked.

“We said good night?”

“Before that!”

“He walked me home?”

“IN THE MIDDLE!”

“We talked?”

“YUMI!”

“What?”

“In the middle of ‘we talked’ and ‘we said good night’” Aelita said.

“And?” Yumi said.

“YUMI!”

“I kissed him on the cheek?”

“THAT PART!”

“Oh, well.” Yumi said starting to blush.

“I’ll say the same thing to you that you said to me.” Aelita changed to a more mature voice sounding a little like Yumi. “Wouldn’t it be more fun to kiss him on the lips”

“Aelita!”

“You don’t know how do you?”

“Well”

“YUMI! Your 15 don’t you dare tell me you never kissed a guy.” Aelita said.

“I have but still not like Ulrich.” Yumi said. Aelita started laughing lightly. “Don’t laugh! I’ll whip that smile off your face faster then you can say ‘oops’ got it?” Yumi said which was how she teased Aelita.

“Calm down, I’m just teasing you.” Aelita said.

*** Evening ***

Yumi headed home after a day really handing out with her friends. They never had a day when it was just them hanging out in a while. All of a sudden someone grabbed Yumi’s arm.

“Be a good girl and don’t move.” A voice said.

“I’m not goin’ down without a fight!” Yumi said taking her pocket knife out of her pocket the silver blade shining in the moonlight.

“Be careful, knives can be dangerous.” The boy said, Yumi knew it wasn’t a man, the voice wasn’t deep enough. All of a sudden her arm was jerked backward and twisted with a crack. Yumi let out a cry of pain as she whipped the knife behind her at her attacker.

*** Next day ***

“Ulrich!” William’s voice called as he walked up to him.

“What do you want William?” Ulrich asked.

“Look, it’s about Yumi. I was able to get Sissi to get info from her dad, Yumi’s father came and told the teacher she wouldn’t be in school because she was attacked coming home last night.” William said.

“WHAT?!” Ulrich said.

“I’m not done.” William said. “He said something about a knife and an attempt on something, Sissi’s not too good of a listener to get info from.”

“A knife?” Odd asked.

“The police are doing a investigation. They think the knife belongs to Yumi, and her father is to clarify that if it does or not.” William said.

“How would Yumi carry a knife around?” Aelita asked.

“Not a kitchen knife, a pocket knife.” William said. “It’s a Japanese style one so they think it belongs to Yumi.”

“William, I don’t know why your telling us this, but we have a hospital to go to if that’s the case with Yumi. Now where is she?” Aelita stepped in giving William the famous ‘if-you-lie-to-me-your-dead’ look Yumi had used a few times.

“OK, Man, you’ve really have been spending too much time with Yumi, your starting to act like her. She’s at Pine Grove Hospital.” William said. “Her parents might let Aelita in, but they’ll never let you three in.”

“We’ll see about that.” Ulrich said as he walked away. Odd caught sight of her parents and Hiroki heading for the parking lot.

“Hey.” Odd said pointing to the group. Yumi’s father was the first to look at them, her mom look like she had been crying, and Hiroki look sad as it is.

“Odd, Ulrich, such a pleasure to see you two hanging around my daughter.” Mr. Ishiyama said with a threatening ring to his voice as well as sarcasm. Mrs. Ishiyama looked at him as if telling him to be nice.

“Honey be nice, your scaring them.” Mrs. Ishiyama said.

“That’s my job.” Mr. Ishiyama said to his wife.

“Well, your fired. So be nice, Ulrich not such a bad kid, and Odd’s well odd.” Mrs. Ishiyama said. “You never have a problem with Jeremie or Aelita around Yumi.”

“That’s different.” Mr. Ishiyama said heading to the car with Hiroki behind them. “Stubborn. Anyway, I told the principal you five have permission from us to come to the hospital.”

“Oh, thanks Mrs. Ishiyama.” Aelita said. Mrs. Ishiyama motioned them to follow as the two of the Ishiyama cars where parked in the parking spots. Mrs. Ishiyama’s Honda and Mr. Ishiyama Sudan. Mr. Ishiyama and Hiroki where already in the car while the five friends hopped in the Honda while Mrs. Ishiyama lead the two cars to the hospital.

*** Mrs. Ishiyama’s Honda on the way to the Hospital. ***

“What happened?” Aelita asked sitting in the passenger seat.

“We don’t really know, we think it was a murder attempt.” Mrs. Ishiyama said.

“Who would want to murder Yumi?” Odd asked.

“We don’t know.” Mrs. Ishiyama said with a worried voice. “But whoever it was, they wanted something from it.”

“Maybe it was a kidnapping thing, take Yumi and get money for it.” Jeremie said.

“We think it was a teenaged boy, but the police aren’t sure. And if he could have gotten away with it once, this person is probably going to try again.” Mrs. Ishiyama said.

“And the knife?” Aelita asked.

“Her father gave her that when we came here. He told her to use it when she was in trouble. Whoever it was, they where clueless about the knife, and where wounded.”

“So she must have been in real trouble to use it.” Ulrich said.

*** Hospital ***

Mr. and Mrs. Ishiyama wanted some time alone with their daughter before they where going to let the others in to see her. About a half an hour later the two let the other go in and see her.

“I have to get back to work.” Mr. Ishiyama told his wife as he left, Hiroki followed as they headed toward the car.

“She’s in room 320 if you want to see her, she out cold though.” Mrs. Ishiyama said as she walked over to talk to one of the doctors. While Ulrich, Odd, Jeremie, and Aelita headed toward the room.

“Ulrich, how bout we leave you and Yumi alone.” Odd said and before Ulrich could answer Odd pushed him in the room and closed the door. Yumi was laying in the hospital bed, her left arm was broken, and her lower neck and left shoulder were bandaged. He sat in her right and laid his hand on top of hers.

“You’re going to be OK.” Ulrich whispered to her. “I promise.”

End Notes:
Not one of my best Chapters, but I will make the third one soon.
Chapter 3: Making a Promise by GarageKid

Ulrich watched Yumi lay on the bed sleeping. The medication they gave her before must have been wearing off because she started to stir in the bed, until her eyes opened.

“Hmm?” She looked over at Ulrich sitting neck to her.

“Yumi.” Ulrich said in a soft voice. She turned her head at the sound of her name. “Yumi.” He repeated with more relief now that she had woken up. But Yumi looked up at him as if he was calling her name to tell her something. She tried to sit up, but every muscle in her body ached from the fight she had gotten in. “Yumi,” Ulrich repeated pushing her back down to a laying position. Yumi look at him as if his vocabulary had been lowered to her name. He watched her look around to figure out where she was. Then she looked back at him.

“You go into some fight.” Ulrich said. He was right, the side of her neck, left shoulder, and her torso were bandaged from the fight she had gotten into. The doctor has talked to Ulrich once and told him her arm was broken, her shoulder was cut, the side of her neck was cut too, and it looked as it she was stabbed in her left side. Apparently whoever attacked her attacked on her left. “How are you feeling?”

“. . . fine . . .” His one word response told him her neck hurt her too much to tell him what was wrong. He knew her muscles had to be stiff from laying there all day, and she had to be sore. He looked down at her with his emerald eyes. Her brown owns looked back at him.

“Yumi, I know it hurts for you to talk, and I have to head back to the school soon. But if anything comes up, text me K?” Ulrich asked getting a nod in return. Ulrich knew how much Yumi hated hospitals, but he never knew why, he made a mental note to ask her after she could talk without being sore.

*** Later that Day ***

Ulrich walked back to the hospital after his classes. He didn’t expect Yumi to be any better then she was that morning, but she had to be lonely without anyone there she could talk to. As soon as he walked through the halls and knocked on the door to her room, he hoped she was at least a little better then she was that morning.

“Come in.” The words where painfully spoken as Ulrich opened the door and walked in. Yumi had kept herself busy, she was sitting Indian Style on the bed with her black jeans and white T-shirt on folding paper to look like a crane.

“I see you kept busy.” Ulrich said as he walked up to the side of the bed and watched her fold the paper until it was done. She looked over at Ulrich.

“Why did you come?” Yumi said. “Not that I don’t appreciate it, but”

“Don’t talk.” Ulrich said stopping her from finishing her sentence. “I want to know if you remember anything from the fight. Did you get a look at this guys face?”

“No.” Yumi said. “It was too dark.”

“Do you think it was XANA?” Ulrich asked.

“Maybe.” Yumi said looking down at her bandaged left arm.

“Did her sound like XANA?”

“I don’t know.” Yumi said getting pissed off at him. He looked over at her.

“Yumi, I really care about what happens to you, I don’t want this guy to end up attacking you again.” Ulrich said putting a hand on her shoulder.

“I understand that.” Yumi said. “It wasn’t XANA, It was a personal issue.”

“What the hell do you mean by that?” Ulrich asked. “This guy attacked you, at least tell me who.”

“Someone from my past.” Yumi said. “Long past as in from when I still lived in Japan, three or four years ago.”

“Go on.” Ulrich said advising her to go on.

“I don’t want to talk about it, I need to handle this on my own.” Yumi said. “Please Ulrich, promise me you’ll let me handle it.”

“I can’t” Ulrich started.

“Ulrich, I mean it.” Ulrich had never seen her brown eyes so serious before.

“OK” Ulrich said as much as he didn’t want to. “But promise me you’ll be careful.”

“Deal.” Yumi said before laying back on the pillow of the bed.

“Tired?” Ulrich asked.

“Yeah.” Yumi said. Ulrich laid his hand on top of hers.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, I have some homework to do.” Ulrich said.

“Say Hi to the others for me.” Yumi said.

“OK.” Ulrich said heading out the door.

Chapter 4: A Choice between Trust and Betrayal Part 1 by GarageKid

*** Hospital room ***

“Her arm has made a wonderful recovery, and she should be set to head home today.” The doctor informed Yumi’s Parents. “It wasn’t easy with the high blood loss and all, but her neck and shoulder should be find as well. Her torso wound is closed and healing but is taking longer to heal then the other wounds.”

“Fully understood.” Mr. Ishiyama said.

“I will also say that the police had dropped the case, there was little evidence of who did it. The only one who would have any idea would be your daughter, and she states she knows nothing.” The Doctor said.

“I will say that my daughter knows what she’s doing. Weather that’s the truth or not, I have great trust that she’ll make the right decision. If she knows anything, it might come out later, but if nothing is said, we can only assume she knows nothing about the event.” Mrs. Ishiyama said.

“Take care.” The doctor said as the family headed out the door.

*** Later that Day ***

Yumi had changed into her black clothes as soon as she got home and headed for the woods. It was time, this had to be finished. She walked to the middle of the woods.

“You’ll die here. I know you can hear me, we’ll finish this tonight.” Yumi murmured as she turned and headed back to her home to rest, she knew she was going to need it.

*** Evening. ***

Yumi sat as the bed as the clock struck eleven. She had snuck her Katana from the family samurai armor, only this one was made for her back in Japan when she was learning Kendo and her teacher wanted her to practice with a real Katana on dummies made out of hay. The sharp side of the blade was silver while the smooth side was black with nine red streaks through it as symbolism of the nine-tail fox, Kyuubi. Yumi also had her name engraved on the base of the Katana in Japanese. The sheath of the Katana was tied to her belt as her cell rang on the side table. She hurried and picked it up.

“Jeremie?” Yumi asked.

“Yumi we need you XANA’s attacking the skid.” Jeremie said. Yumi gave no answer. “Yumi? You there? Yumi?” Jeremie questioned as Yumi hung up the phone.

“Sorry Jeremie, but I have more important things to do.” Yumi said as she climbed out the window and headed for the field in the woods she had visited earlier. She had some very dangerous non-finish business to attend to.

End Notes:
Sorry 'bout the shortness.
Chapter 5: A choice between Trust and Betrayal Part 2 by GarageKid

Yumi’s Flash back-

“You have truly become my greatest friend” The Teen had said. “Too bad you must die.” His Katana flew through the air, but was easily blocked.

“Why are you hurting the people who love you?! Your own family!” Yumi had yelled.

“Because breaking bonds only makes you stronger.” He had said as he took another missed shot at her head.

“That isn’t the only way! You killed Koji! Your brother! DAMN IT! Your own brother! You killed him in some sick attempted to be stronger!” Yumi had yelled at the boy. He had murdered his own brother for shallow reasons.

“He was weak. And now you and your family are going to share the same faith.”

“NOT IF I CAN HELP IT!”

End Flash Back.

What had seemed so real, the fire, the anger, the rage, it all led up to one fight, Yumi and her family where some of the only ones who escaped.

“Ready to die?” A voice asked, it was him, the black hair and the cold snake-like eyes, Kenta. He had been so good, and now he was a killer.

“You’re the one going to die.” Yumi said as she ran forth and with a jump, she punched him dead in the face and pinned him to the ground. Kenta spit some of the blood that had been caught in his mouth at Yumi as the drop of blood landed on her cheek she flinched.

“You really have because more like me.” Kenta said.

“NEVER!” Yumi said pulling her arm back for another punch.

“Really? Making the first punch, breaking bonds, betraying your friends.”

“How do you know about my friends?!” Yumi asked.

“I know about XANA, he was the one who gave me the power to kill you and your family. You can kill me, but you’ll never stop out next greatest plan.” Kenta said lifting Yumi by her shirt and forcing her off him and held her two feet of the ground as he stood. As he let go, he let his fist come in dead contact with her stomach, forcing her to cough up blood. He reached for the Katana on her belt and pulled at the knot, allowing her Katana to fall as she hit a near by rock, she could feel blood run down her forehead.

“Stand and fight.” Kenta ordered as Yumi reached her feet. And flew a fast kick at Kenta’s head, which was easily avoided. Kenta allowed his fist to come down on her check. Yumi tried to stand up but was hit with a rock against her back. With her blade in reaching distance, Yumi slid the Katana out of the sheath.

“Drop dead!” Kenta yelled as he tried to jump down on her, but, without thinking she stuck the Katana in his way, and it went through his heart.

Kira!

The word went through Yumi’s mind. It was the Japanese word for killer. (As used in Death Note) She pushed the dead body of Kenta aside, she killed him. She really killed him.

“It was an accident.” Yumi told herself, she never meant to kill him, she merely wanted to scare him so he would leave her family alone. “I really am like him.” Yumi said. “I killed him and that makes me like him.” Something didn’t look right, somehow the Katana had no way of even touching his heart, Kenta had to have done something on his own so the Katana would hit the mark.

Faking his own death, he’s done that many times and has gotten away with it.

Yumi told herself, it was a fake death, he was trying to sike her out. She got up and headed back home, no point in staying with the supposing dead body.

*** The Next Day ***

Yumi headed to the school yard, tired from her battle the night before, Kenta’s body wasn’t where it was before and there where no reports, he had faked her out.

Kira!

The word still haunted Yumi as if she had killed him. Her head hurt from the endless hours of thinking alone in her room after she had checked her forehead for the cut that was made, a little cover up and the marks on her stomach, check, and forehead where gone. The others looked down and didn’t meet her gaze.

“Hi guys.” Yumi said trying to sound casual.

“Yumi, were where you last night! We almost lost the skid!” Jeremie sounded very angry and frustrated at her. “We lost half the skid’s memory! Do you have any idea how long it will take me before I can gather back all that memory?!”

“Even worse, our Skid pods are also damaged, Jeremie said it could take weeks before he can repair them!” Aelita yelled. “What was more important then helping your friends!”

“I had something personal to do.” Yumi said.

“Yeah sleep! We needed you, we trusted you to come to the factory to help!” Jeremie yelled.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” Yumi said.

“Apology NOT accepted!” Jeremie said. “That’s Betrayal! We need you and you let everyone down! You let XANA win this round! You gave him power! Why don’t you fall into the digital sea and help him other then us if your so willing to break the pact we all took to protect Lyoko!”

“Jeremie, that’s going too far.” Ulrich spoke up.

“No I’m not! Yumi, until I can fix the Skid Pods and Skid, your out of the group!”

End Notes:

I was thinking about the song "Just Like You" By Three Days Grace when I wrote the battle between Yumi and Kenta.

I was also thinking about the song "Appologize" When I wrote the last half.

Chapter 6: Loner Again by GarageKid

Loner again

 

Yumi had been apart from the group for almost a week now, and she wasn’t doing very well at that, her grades started to slip, and she was all by her self. She kept thinking weather or not she had done the right thing. She had been all alone, no one of her friends had walked up to her at all. She was beginning to think she was useless to them not, and started drifting off. Little did she know, everyone missed her. Aelita watched her from a distance, wanting to walked over and give her at least a comforting word, but would Jeremie get angry with her.

“Jeremie can’t be angry for me going to Yumi and not the other way around.” Aelita said as she started toward her friend. Yumi’s back was to Aelita, so when Aelita laid a hand on her shoulder, Yumi jumped and turned to see her.

“You looked lonesome.” Aelita said sitting next to her. “Jeremie didn’t mean what he said, he hadn’t slept at all trying to fix the skid.” Aelita said watching her friend’s sad brown eyes hoping they would tell her Yumi was going to be alright.

“It really is all my fault.” Yumi said turning away from Aelita.

“No it’s not.” Aelita said. “I might not have known what you where up to, but I know your responsible enough to know what’s the right thing to do.”

“I wish I did know the right thing to do.” Yumi said.

“It’s not just Jeremie who’s got you down is it?” Aelita said. “What’s wrong.”

“Aelita, I think someone other then us knows about XANA.” Yumi said.

“That’s nearly impossible.” Aelita said.

“But it’s not impossible.” Yumi said.

“What’s up with your Theory there?” Aelita asked.

“I was just saying, someone else might know about XANA.” Yumi said.

“Did you tell anyone?”

“No, but”

“Then what’s the big deal?” Aelita asked.

“AELITA! Listen to me!” Yumi nearly yelled sternly. “Some one knows about XANA.”

“Who?”

“I can’t tell.”

“Why not?”

“It’s a personal problem.”

“NOT WAY! Once XANA get’s involved it’s my problem as well!”

“Aelita, I’m telling you this for your own good.”

“And if I don’t want my own good? Yumi your hiding something from me, and I really don’t like that.” Aelita said.

“You don’t understand.” Yumi said getting up and walking away.

“What’s wrong with her?” Aelita asked herself.

Chapter 7: Back From the Dead by GarageKid

Back From the Dead

 

Kenta walked through the woods heading to Kadic.

“My good friend XANA, our trade will be at your finest, and Aelita, for my new power.” Kenta told himself. “I can fake my own suicide very well, they wouldn’t stand the slightest chance.”

***Back in Kadic. ***

Aelita, Odd, and Ulrich where sitting at their normal spot on the bench in the woods near the manhole cover that lead to the factory. Soon the black haired teen appeared.

“Aelita, Xana wishes you to come with me.” Kenta said.

“What? Who are you?” Aelita asked as Ulrich and Odd stood their ground.

“My name is Kenta, I’m sure you have heard of me from the Ishiyama girl, we go back ya see.” Kenta said and smirked. “Aelita is to come with me.”

“LEAVE HER ALONE!” A voice said as Yumi tackled Kenta to the ground.

“Haven’t we’re already gone over this?” Kenta smirked as he lifted Yumi by her shirt like he had done before and stood up, letting her go and punching her in the stomach making her cough up blood. Ulrich saw it in a flash of panic as Yumi slammed her back into a tree.

“YUMI!” They all called out as Kenta tried to grab Aelita. Ulrich side-tackled him to the ground.

“Come on!” He called to Yumi who stood and followed the group down to the sewers and to the factory. On the bridge Kenta could be seen already waiting for them.

“How did you?” Odd asked.

“XANA lets me have this ability.” Kenta said.

“Go to the scanners, I’ll hold Kenta back.” Yumi said as Odd and Aelita sprinted by,

“Are you sure?” Ulrich asked.

“GO!” Yumi yelled as he dashed off. Yumi tackled Kenta again into the side of the bridge.

“Your DEAD!” Kenta said as he punched her in the face making her fall to the ground.

Meanwhile. . .

“Jeremie, XANA has launched an attack.” Aelita said.

“No he hasn’t.” Jeremie said. “There are no towers activated.”

“But some creep is pounding on Yumi on the bridge.” Aelita said.

“WHAT?!” Jeremie asked.

“Come on we’ll show you.” Odd said as they headed back up the elevator to the bridge. Kenta was holding Yumi, by her shirt over the edge.

“PUT HER DOWN!” Ulrich called.

“My pleasure.” Kenta said as he let her go, off the side. Yumi wasn’t stupid the second he let go, she grabbed his wrist and kicked off the side, forcing him down with her.

“YUMI!” The group called as they ran to the edge in time to hear the slash of water quickly running down stream. Yumi didn’t come up.

“Is she?” Aelita asked with tears in her eyes.

“I-I think so.” Jeremie said with teary eyes as well.

“No.” Ulrich whispered as tears ran down his face, Yumi couldn’t be dead, she just couldn’t. Odd also had tears in his eyes.

*** Ishiyama household ***

Breaking the news to her parents. That wasn’t fun, Mrs. Ishiyama started crying.

“She might not be dead, we just saw that Kenta guy push her and she took him down with her.” Odd said.

“We’ll send out a search party.” Mr. Ishiyama said on the break of crying. “My baby girl.” In any other situation, Odd would have laughed at Yumi’s nickname her dad gave her as his ‘baby girl’ she was the only girl in their family other then Hiroki and their collage sons Sai and Daisuke.

“She can’t be dead.” Ulrich said. Jeremie put a hand on his shoulder.

“We have to wait and see what happens.” Jeremie said.

“She can’t be dead.” Mrs. Ishiyama sobbed. She and Yumi where close. Ulrich knew that, Mrs. Ishiyama liked Ulrich around Yumi thinking he was the best young man for her daughter.

“I’ll call the police.” Mr. Ishiyama said. “They’ll find her.”

“I hope so.” Ulrich said as a tear ran down his face.

Chapter 8: Blood Red Water by GarageKid

 The police searched.

The body of Kenta was found.

Kenta was dead.

Yumi was never found.

Ulrich looked out the window, how could it be? How could they not have found Yumi? She had to be alive, she had to, maybe she climbed out of the water. Ulrich searched for every possible reason he could to not think about Yumi being dead. She had to have climbed out.

They where all at the Ishiyama house hold while the police searched. Mrs. Ishiyama went for a walk a while ago, as she walked through the door her face was pale as if she had seen a ghost.

“I think I saw Yumi.” She said making everyone draw their attention to her.

“Where?” Mr. Ishiyama asked being the only one able to speak.

“Downtown, I was nearly ambushed by a gang member when all of a sudden he was attacked from behind, he dropped to the ground I looked to see who attacked him and all I could see was a dark figure that looked like Yumi.” Mrs. Ishiyama said.

“You think Yumi, attacked, no killed another human being for no good reason?” Jeremie asked.

“It looked like Yumi, weather or not the man was dead, I don’t know.” Mrs. Ishiyama said. “There was blood though, I thought he was killed, but I’m not sure.”

“Yumi would never kill anyone! Let alone with no good reason.” Aelita said. “Are you sure you saw Yumi? Our Yumi?”

“I’m almost positive.” Mrs. Ishiyama said. “The height, hair length, everything looked like Yumi.”

“I don’t get it.” Ulrich said. “Why didn’t she speak to you then?”

“I don’t know.” Mrs. Ishiyama said on the verge of crying.

“Maybe I should take a walk downtown tomorrow.” Ulrich said. “Just to make sure it was Yumi.”

“Ulrich, you’re a good kid, really you are.” Mrs. Ishiyama said as her way of saying thank you.

“If you want Ulrich, I’ll go with you.” Odd said.

“No, I’ll go alone, just in case.” Ulrich said. Odd nodded.

“When are you going?” Aelita asked.

“Maybe tonight, it’s not that late.” Ulrich said looking out the window at the dark sky. It was nine o’ clock at night.

“Are you sure?” Mrs. Ishiyama asked.

“Of course.” Ulrich said as he walked out.

The streets where crowded, Ulrich made his way into an ally where he was sure to find Yumi.

“YUMI!” Ulrich called. No answer. Ulrich knew he had to be careful, gangs where common in this part of town. He turned around to see someone standing at the beginning of the ally. It was too dark to make out the face or close.

“What are you doing here?” The voice said, so familiar, Ulrich thought.

“I’m looking for a friend.” Ulrich said.

“Dead by now. Your in Dingo territory, either leave, or I’ll kill you.”

“Dingo, that top gang.” Ulrich said. “Tell me what your doing for a gang like Dingo.”

“I’m an assassin. Killing is what I do, it’s what I’m good at.” The voice said. What kind of monster, Ulrich thought, would be proud to call themselves an assassin.

“Step into the light.” Ulrich said pointing to under a streetlight. “I want to see your face.”

“What should I?” The voice asked.

“Because I must know who you are.” Ulrich said. The figure shifted.

“If you turn out to be a spy for another gang, I will kill you.” The voice said as it stepped into the light. Ulrich’s mouth dropped, it was Yumi. It truly was.

“Yumi.” He murmured the name thinking it would ring a bell. “Yumi.” He said louder. She looked over her shoulder.

“Are you talking to me?” Yumi asked.

“Yes! That’s your name isn’t it?” Ulrich said. Yumi looked over at him.

“I don’t know.” Yumi said.

“How could you not know!?!” Ulrich asked.

“I only know what my leader wants me to know.” Yumi said.

“What have you become?” Ulrich asked under his breath. “What happened to you?”

“What’d you say? Speak up kid.” Yumi said.

“Nothing.” Ulrich said making his runaway. Yumi watched him go. Why does he seem so familiar? Yumi asked herself a dozen times. I think I know him.

Chapter 9: Gang War by GarageKid

Gang War

 

Ulrich slowed to a walk trying to think things through. Yumi an assassin, not possible. But then he remembered her saying she only remembered what her leader wanted to her, which meant one thing, Yumi had amnesia. That was the only way she wouldn’t remember who she was or who her parents were or even who he is. Ulrich knew one thing, he had to make her remember before it was too late. He took out his cell and called Odd’s.

“Hello?” Odd asked.

“Odd, It’s Ulrich. I found Yumi be we have a problem.” Ulrich said.

“What kind of problem?”

“Yumi has amnesia, she can’t remember who she is or who we are.”

“Wait. How did you find her?”

“I was in an ally thinking for some reason I’d find her there, and I did. She must have been taken to that gang who call themselves the Dingoes, and now she’s an assassin for them.”

“Wow, that’s way too much.” Odd said shocked.

“I know, I’m going to follow her, she might get into a tight spot, and the faster we get her to remember the better.” Ulrich said.

“What do you want me to tell her parents?”

“Tell them their daughter’s fine and that I’ll keep an eye on her. Also tell them that if I’m not back by tomorrow, call the police.” Ulrich said.

“OK Ulrich, break a leg.”

“If anyone hurts Yumi you can bet on that.” Ulrich said as he hung up. Ulrich knew the trick now was finding her again. He walked down a few blocks until he saw a chain fence with the gate broken.

“That’s not good, looks like a gang fight.” Ulrich said to himself. “Well, if I can sneak in, I could check to see who’s fighting, if it’s Yumi, I’ll just find a way to help her.” Without any hesitation Ulrich tiptoed through and hid behind a huge mountain of trash. Clearly he was in the city dump.

Meanwhile Ulrich’s darkest wish was coming true, Yumi was fighting, it was a gang war.

“Look tough guy, you can turn and run and I wont have to kill you.” Yumi said to one of the fighters.

“The mighty assassin makes the decision.” The man, well really a teen boy turned and started digging in the dirt like a dog. “How big and how deep?” He asked as Yumi gave him a confused look.

“What are you doing?”

“Digging you a grave!” The boy said. Yumi continued to give him a blank stare.

Ulrich was near the fight now, he watched from the distance.

“Piss, Ulrich.” A small voice said. Ulrich turned with a start.

“Hiroki what are you doing here?”

“I heard you and Odd talking.” Hiroki said. “I wanted to watch, then I’ll have a major scoop for Milly tomorrow.”

“Hiroki. This is dangerous.” Ulrich said.

“Then why are you here?” Hiroki asked.

“Never mind.” Ulrich said. Continuing to watch the fight.

“Well?” The boy asked.

“Your asking for death aren’t you?” Yumi asked.

“No, but you sure are!” He said flinging a huge rock at her head, without time to move, Yumi was hit. She fell to the ground on impact. “You have the nerve to call yourself an assassin!” Ulrich heard the sound of motorcycles as he looked off in the distance, he saw both of the gangs on each side of the area. Yumi was going to be killed if she didn’t get out of there.

“LEAVE MY SISTER ALONE!” Ulrich looked over, Hiroki, the little brat was out of the hiding place, waving his arms.

“OK live meat, we’ll pick on you instead.” The leader of the opposing gang said as he faced him turning his motorcycle to face Hiroki. The engine starting up. In a flash he charged at Hiroki but ran into something else, Yumi somehow got in the way of the motorcycle, taking the shot as the two gang collided.

“YUMI!” Ulrich yelled, Yumi’s body was thrown back and blood formed around her. Ulrich hurried over.

“Ane?” Hiroki asked. He was closer to her, actually, he was next to her.

“Hiroki.” Yumi’s weak voice managed to get out.

“Yumi!?” Ulrich asked kneeling next to her. The scrape left by the rock was above her left eye as blood trickled down her head. Her side she was laying on was also bloody from the collision with the motorcycle.

“What do we do?” Hiroki asked.

“We need to get Yumi to a hospital.” Ulrich said. Hiroki nodded as Ulrich picked Yumi up. “Lets go.”

The streets where clear, and it was easy to get to the nearest Hospital. Hiroki said he’d call his parents and tell them what he did as soon as they got there. Yumi was taken to the E.R while Ulrich waited in the lobby for Hiroki to be done calling his parents. Hiroki soon walked back.

“They said they’d pick me up.” Hiroki said. “But they want you to stay here with Yumi.”

“What?” Ulrich asked amazed.

“Mom thinks since you showed you really care about Yumi, she approves.” Hiroki said.

“And your dad?”

“He said if you break her heart, he’ll break your bones.” Hiroki said.

“Thanks Hiroki.” Ulrich said. “And you did tell them you where the one who went to the dump on your own.” Hiroki nodded. “And you went face to face with a motorcycle?” Hiroki nodded. “And that your accident caused Yumi a collision with a motorcycle?” Hiroki smiled.

“Tell them.”

“OK Aniki.” Hiroki said.

“What’d you say?”

“Nothing.” Hiroki said.

End Notes:

Ane- Sister
Aniki- older brother.

Chapter 10: End of It by GarageKid

The End of It

 

Ulrich walked back to Kadic, Yumi was alright, but had nearly no memory of her being an assassin. Jeremie and Aelita walked up to Ulrich as he entered the school.

“Well, today we can shut down the super computer.” Jeremie said. Aelita smiled.

“Odd’s already at the factory.” Aelita said as they headed over. Ulrich looked back at them.

“What about Yumi? We can’t shut the supercomputer down without her.” Ulrich said.

“Odd said is was super important to shut it down today, I wonder what Odd would know about it.” Jeremie said as they got into the elevator. Odd was near the super calculator with a smile on his face.

“Why did you want to shut the computer down now?” Ulrich asked.

“When else?” A voice asked as Ulrich turned to see Yumi standing behind the super calculator. “Well?”

“Seriously Ulrich, did you think we would ever forget Yumi?” Aelita asked.

“Even though she can forget us?” Odd asked with a grin.

“Shut up Odd.” Yumi shot at him. Odd pretended to zip his lip and gave her a thumbs up sign.

“Ok everyone, time to say bye-bye XANA!” Jeremie said putting a hand on the lever. It was over, no more Xana, no more panic, just normal lives from now on.

Ulrich walked into the woods, soon he heard footsteps following him.

“Ulrich!” Yumi called as she caught up with him.

“Oh, hi Yumi. How are you feeling?” Ulrich asked.

“Pretty good, my head still hurts a little, but other then that fine.” Yumi said. “What happened when I had amnesia?”

“Lets just say you really weren’t the Yumi I-we all know and love.” Ulrich said. Yumi smiled as a light blush spread across her face.

“Odd told me I was an assassin, I can’t believe it. I would never kill anyone.” Yumi said.

“I-we all know that.” Ulrich said. Yumi smiled her best smile for him. He melted, even more when she hugged him. “What was that for?” Ulrich asked wrapping his arms around her waist to return the hug.

“You stopped me before anyone got hurt.” Yumi said. “Kami” Yumi whispered as Ulrich listened to the new word Yumi had introduced to him.

“Kami?” Ulrich repeated. Yumi nodded.

“Thank you Ulrich, if you had given up, I might be dead.” Yumi said.

“I would never give up on you.” Ulrich said. Yumi pulled away from him so she could see his eyes, just to make sure he was telling the truth. Yumi closed her eyes and kissed him, surprised, Ulrich to a minute to react to the kiss. Way too soon they bother heard a click, turning to see Odd with his camera phone.

“Hi” Odd said. “Sorry to interrupt.”

“Not as sorry as your gonna be!” Yumi said breaking away from Ulrich.

“What happen to ‘I would never kill anyone’ hm?” Ulrich asked.

“I can make an exception.” Yumi said as she and Ulrich ran after Odd.

This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=298