After the Storm by GarageKid
Summary: Yumi x Ulrich One-Shot! YAY ONE-SHOT! BLOOD WARNING!
Categories: Ships > Ulrich and Yumi Characters: Ulrich Stern, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1478 Read: 1345 Published: Dec 13, 2007 Updated: Dec 13, 2007
Story Notes:
I DO NOT OWN CODE LYOKO!

1. After the Storm by GarageKid

After the Storm by GarageKid

After the Storm

 

Ulrich woke up. It seemed so long ago that Kadic was nearly destroyed by that storm. It all started a while ago, A huge storm was coming and the principal resorted everyone into the gym. But the storm was too strong, the gym was destroyed. Most of the students got out, but Ulrich and Yumi helped the younger students out, and Yumi’s sleeve got caught on a sharp piece of wood and Ulrich refused to leave her there. So now both of them where in the broken half of the gym. Ulrich looked around. His head hurt and there was blood on his hand and a cut down his leg.

“Yumi?” He called nervously as he looked over to the side. Her sleeve was still caught on the wood and her arm was trapped in between sharp wooden pieces stained with blood. He crawled over and put a hand to her shoulder. She turned to him in complete pain as she tried to get her arm loose.

“Don’t move.” Ulrich told her as he moved around to move the upper board. The sharp wood hurting his hands as he moved the board, he heard Yumi yip as she tried to get her arm out. “Don’t move.” Ulrich repeated as he removed the board and tossed it aside. Yumi watched as he freed her sleeve from the wood so she could move her arm. She slowly lifted her arm and set it next to her.

“How sore is it?” Ulrich asked.

“Very sore.” Yumi said in a weak voice as Ulrich examined the deep wounds on her arm the worst was in the middle of her arm (I don’t know the logical name, you know when you go to the doctor and have blood drawn? That area of your arm.) The piece of wood was that was in her arm there let a deep wound that made her arm hurt when she tried to move it.

“Can you move your arm?” Ulrich asked.

“Kinda, it hurts though.” Yumi said. Ulrich figured she lost a lot of blood while she was trapped in the wood as well as now. Constantly loosing blood, Ulrich himself had forgotten about his own wounds for a minute.

“Jeremie, Aelita, and Odd have to have gotten help by now.” Ulrich said as Yumi rested her head on the wall. Part of Ulrich died as he watched her arm bleed, and he was powerless to help her from loosing blood. “Stay awake.” Ulrich told her, knowing that if she fell asleep, she might not wake up. The cold air filled the small area, the fallen ceiling around them.

“Ulrich, we can’t wait for the others, by the time anyone could clean up all this wood we could be” Yumi let the sentence drop and die. Ulrich got her point.

“What do we do then? Neither of us can get out of here, and the colder it gets, it could be hours before the rest of the gang can get help.” Ulrich said.

“I don’t know.” Yumi said her voice carrying traces of fear. Ulrich moved next to her.

“We’re gonna get out of this.” Ulrich promised her. Yumi looked back at her bloody arm, the wounds stung from the bleeding and expulsion to the open air. She felt her vision get blurry and her energy leaving her body. Ulrich was holding out with less bleeding then she had. But he worried for her own safety. He knew Yumi too well, she cared for others lives more then her own, he knew that’s what made her a great Lyoko warrior, but it also worried him each time XANA would try to take her life. Ulrich snapped out of his trance as he heard Yumi cough. He died more inside as he watched her struggle to catch her breath. He let his arms wrap around her, wanting desperately for her to hang on just a little longer, until they where safe.

“Yumi” Ulrich started. “Hang on.” Yumi looked up at him with her blurred vision. Ulrich seemed to know something was wrong with her other then the blood. “Your eyes are bothering you, why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t want to worry you.” Yumi said. That was Yumi for you, never wanting anyone to worry about her. Ulrich pulled her closer, watching out for her arm, trying to keep her with him. He felt Yumi’s head drop to his shoulder as he quickly straightened up, he realized she had passed out.

“Yumi? Yumi! Wake up!” Ulrich said lightly shaking her. “Come on! You’ve got to wake up! You just have to!” Ulrich’s panic worsened. He needed help, now. Without it, Yumi would die. He felt more of himself die for the third time today, he was dying inside seeing Yumi in pain. He just wanted her to life, he didn’t care if his own life was taken protecting her.

“I’m sorry.” He heard Yumi murmur in a weak voice. Her eyes where half open. She was fighting to stay awake, for him. And she was loosing. “I can’t”

“Please! You have to fight!” Ulrich told her even though he knew too well she couldn’t keep fighting it forever. Ulrich saw her eyes closing again, but although she was trying hard not to loss conciseness again, she had no choice as she slipped into the darkness. “Yumi.” Ulrich said. “No.” He stood up. “NO!” He kicked at the wood blocking their way out until it snapped, he kept snapping the bits of wood until a voice stopped him.

“ULRICH!” Aelita’s voice called. “Is that you? Are you and Yumi OK?”

“YUMI NEEDS HELP! NOW!” Ulrich yelled as loud as he could. He watched as the wood broke away and the path was cleared, it was the longest minutes of his life, waiting as Yumi was loosing a fight to live. Soon a few people came through, two loaded Yumi into an ambulance as the other two took Ulrich out of the area. Odd was the first to approach him.

“What happened! Why didn’t you guys come sooner?” Ulrich asked.

“There where other people trapped in the classrooms.” Jeremie said.

“We didn’t mean to keep you and Yumi waiting so long.” Odd said. Ulrich watched as the paramedics walked over to him.

“You aren’t as hurt as your friend, but if you want to come along.” He offered. Ulrich followed him to the ambulance and hopped in.

Yumi suffered from serious blood loss, luckily she was going to be fine. Ulrich was aloud to visit her. As he walked down the halls with his minor wounds bandaged, he wondered why Yumi was the only one who ever got hurt during missions, why she was the one who was the bunt of XANA’s amusement and how he would find ways to kill her. As he made it into her room, he noticed her arm bandaged and her fast asleep. He walked over to the side of the bed and put his hand on top of hers.

“I’m glad your OK.” Ulrich told her as she shifted in her sleep. She opened her eyes and looked up at him.

“Hey.” She said casually.

“Hey.” He said back forgetting his hand was on hers. Yumi picked that up as blush spread across her face. Ulrich blushed too as he withdrew his hand.

“Sorry,” Ulrich said.

“It’s Ok.” Yumi said shyly. Ulrich looked back at her. “Why, Ulrich, did you even run back to help me after I got stuck? You could have killed yourself.”

“Coming from the girl in the hospital bed. I guess I do stupid things because I know I’m in love.” Ulrich said keeping his red shade Yumi looked back at him no believing what she just heard.

“You are? With who?” She asked a tint of jealousy in her voice.

“You know her.” Ulrich said.

“Give me a hint.” Yumi said.

“She’s headstrong, stubborn, cares more about other people then herself, fights against XANA, need I go on?” Ulrich asked watching her confused look turn into shock.

“Your in love with Aelita!” Yumi guessed causing Ulrich to laugh.

“No not Aelita, you.” Ulrich said as he watched her go back to her confused state. He pulled all the courage he had as he leaned forward and kissed her. She didn’t react at first but kissed him back as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Ulrich wrapped his arms around her. After a minute the two broke apart and smiled at each other as Yumi rested her forehead against Ulrich’s.

“I love you too.” Yumi whispered to him.

“You thought I was in love with Aelita, Jeremie would kill me.” Ulrich said making fun of her guess. “She’s not as stubborn as you are.”

“HEY!” Yumi said offended.

“I meant that in a good way.” Ulrich said.

“Stern! When I get out of this hospital, Your gonna get it!” Yumi said as she and Ulrich laughed.

“I said I meant it in a good way.” Ulrich said kissing her again.

This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=310