Summer Camp Is For the Dogs by GarageKid
Summary: What if the gang meet up during summer camp. The summer camp has no rules no allowing dogs, but when history unfolds, what will happen when a camp secret throws lives into the shallows? Blood Warning!
Categories: Ships > Jeremie and Aelita, Ships > Ulrich and Yumi, Ships > Other Characters: Aelita Hopper, Hiroki Ishiyama, Jeremie Belpois, Odd Della Robbia, Sissi Delmas, Ulrich Stern, William Dunbar, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Mystery, Romance, Thriller
Warnings: Graphic Violence
Challenges: None
Series: Code Densetsu
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 6033 Read: 28449 Published: Dec 14, 2007 Updated: Dec 23, 2007
Story Notes:

I DO NOT OWN CODE LYOKO Or Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

1. Chapter 1: Ride by GarageKid

2. Chapter 2: Riki and Yumi's Bond by GarageKid

3. Chapter 3: Like Father Like Son by GarageKid

4. Chapter 4: Face Down by GarageKid

5. Chapter 5: Mosa by GarageKid

6. Chapter 6: Summer's End by GarageKid

Chapter 1: Ride by GarageKid

Chapter 1: Ride

 

*** Ishiyama household ***

Mr. Kamiya, Uncle to Hiroki and Yumi, was helping his wife set his own son and his niece to the month long summer camp.

“Yumi, Koji, both of you hurry up.” He called. His business partner Mr. Hopper was coming over for coffee this afternoon before the teens where send to the summer camp. He heard the pitter patter of people running down stairs before the two teens of the house came down the stairs.

“Hi dad.” Koji said as he laid his huge backpack on the couch. Koji wore blue jeans ripped at the knees, white and black tennis shoes, and a shirt with a flame design with the words ‘This is why I’m HOT’ written on it. He also wore goggles around his neck.

“Morning Uncle Takeru.” Yumi said laying her backpack next to Koji’s. Yumi wore black and red tennis shoes, black jeans ripped at the knees, and a black sleeveless shirt with a broken red heart on the chest, she also wore a red wrist band on her right wrist. “Did you hear from dad?”

“Your father, I’m sorry, but none of us have heard from him since Christmas.” The man said. “He spends so much time in Tokyo making money to support you and Hiroki, whether or not he comes back to France, I don’t know.” He watched Yumi’s expression turn to disappointment. He put a hand on her shoulder. “Your father, knows what he’s doing. I’m sure he’ll come back one day.”

“That’s what you always say. I’m 15 now and haven’t seen dad since mom died when Hiroki was born.” Yumi pointed out. Koji looked over at his father, then a pick-up could be heard in the driveway.

“That must be Franz and his daughter.” Takeru said as he opened the door as a middle-aged man and a pink haired girl came out of the pick-up. Takeru walked up to the middle aged man and shook hands with him.

“Thank you for dropping Yumi and Koji off. I would myself, but I have too much paper work.” Takeru said.

“Don’t worry, Yumi and Aelita get along fine.” Franz said.

“Hello Mr. Kamiya.” Aelita said shyly. She was wearing light blue shorts and a pink T-shirt.

“Say bye to Hiroki guys.” Takeru called.

Back in the house,

“Bye Squirt, see ya when we get back.” Koji said as pet Hiroki on his head.

“Bye Ototo(1)” Yumi said.

“Bye Aniki(2), Bye Ane(3)” Hiroki said running back upstairs.

“He took that too well.” Koji said.

“Come on.” Yumi told him picking up her backpack and throwing him his.

“It’s so weird how he calls me ‘Aniki’” Koji said.

“He thinks of you as a brother and not a cousin.” Yumi said as they walked out.

“Hop in kids, I’ll get you three on your bus in no time.” Franz said. The two go into the familiar pick-up and headed to the rec. center where the buses for the camp where picking up the students.

“Bye guys, sorry but I have to go so quickly but I have an important meeting, see you Aelita.” Franz said as he dropped the kids off.

“Come on Aelita.” Yumi said as they walked into the building and toward the front desk.

“Hey, we need round trip bus passes for The Ever Wood summer camp trip.” Koji said.

“Names.” The lady said.

“Koji Kamiya, Aelita Hopper, and Yumi Ishiyama.” Koji said as the lady typed up the names and checked them off the list.

“Here you are.” The lady said handing Koji the three passes.

“Thanks.” He said walking away.

“Have a safe trip.”

Aelita stopped to grab one of the brochures before following the other two into the waiting room. She sat next to Yumi as she skimmed through it.

“Bus 247, it leaves at noon.” Koji said. Yumi nodded, they still had ten minutes before the buses came.

“Aelita?” A voice asked. Aelita turned to see a blonde haired boy wearing tan caprise and a blue short sleeve shirt.

“Oh hi Jeremie.” Aelita said. “You remember Yumi and Koji right?”

“Yeah.” Jeremie said sitting next to her.

“What’s a computer nerd doing waiting for a bus to summer school?” Koji asked.

“My dad made me go.” Jeremie said. Soon the bus with the number 247 on it stopped outside as the person on the loudspeakers said.

“Bus 247 to Ever Wood is now loading.” The person said as Yumi, Koji, Aelita, and Jeremie grabbed their bags and headed toward the bus. Carry on bags where aloud on, but bigger bags had to be put in the under compartment. As soon as Yumi, Koji, Aelita, and Jeremie dropped their bags in the under compartment and took their seats on the bus two brown haired teens hurried to the bus.

“I said I was sorry Ulrich, how was I supposed to know the bus would be five minutes early?” The girl said. She wore blue jean shorts that ended below her knees, blue Nike sneakers, and a white short sleeve shirt and a black vest over it.

“Well Dani, maybe if you where a little faster, we wouldn’t have to run.” Ulrich said, he wore blue baggy jeans ripped at the knees, a white short sleeve shirt and a green urban jacket over it with the sleeve neatly rolled up to his elbows.

“Hey we made it didn’t we?” Dani said. Ulrich didn’t say anything, he throw his big bag into the compartment and hurried on. “Hey wait up.” Danni also throw her bag in the compartment and got on the bus. Dani took a seat in the seat across form Koji next to Ulrich. Before the doors on the bus shut, another boy with spiky blonde hair with a purple spot in the middle wearing purple jean shorts and a purple short sleeve shirt with dark purple sleeves.

“Sorry I’m late.” He said as he walked down the aisle and sat in the seat in front of Ulrich as the bus started up and headed down the street.

“Hey, you’re the guy on the soccer team.” Koji said. “Stern right?”

“Yeah, Ulrich.” Ulrich said.

“And his loving sister Dani.” Dani said. “I might have been held back, but I rock at B-Ball.”

“You play point-guard right?” Aelita asked.

“Yup!” Dani said proudly. Jeremie was already on his computer and the spiky blonde noticed.

“You’ve gotta be new to camping, you’re the only one who would take a laptop with you.” He said.

“Yeah, I’m very new to camping.” Jeremie said.

“Your in luck, I’m a great camper. My name’s Odd.” He said.

“What is it, we won’t laugh.” Ulrich said.

“It’s Odd!” Odd said.

“It might be a strange name but we said we wouldn’t laugh.” Aelita said.

“MY NAME IS ODD DELLA-ROBBIA!” Odd yelled clearly.

“Oh, I get it, your name is Odd.” Yumi said.

“Sorry. I’m Aelita, this is Yumi, her cousin Koji, and the computer wiz is Jeremie.” Aelita said.

“Is this all your first times here?” Odd asked.

“No me and Yumes have been hear before.” Koji said. “Aelita normally tags-a-long.”

“Della-Robbia, your also on the soccer team, spiker right?” Koji asked.

“YUP!” Odd said. “What do you do?”

“Me and Yumi run track, and martial arts. But I myself do Kendo.” Koji said. “Yumi’s also a full back on the girls soccer team.”

“And your talking for me because?” Yumi asked.

“Your stubborn and don’t talk much.” Koji said. Yumi just shrugged. Soon the bus pulled to a stop.

“OK, everyone leave the bus in an orderly fashion.” The driver said as Yumi picked up her carry on backpack before Aelita accidentally stepped on it. The group took their heavier bags and went to the bullet board in the middle of the camp to see what cabins they’ll be in.

“Hey Yumi! You me and Dani are together.” Aelita called. “Cabin 212.”

“Gotcha.” Dani called.

“Hey, Me, Ulrich, Odd, and Jeremie are also all together in Cabin 215” Koji said as he reached the group.

“ULRICH!” I high pitched voice called. (You get one hint who that is)

“Oh no! Sissi what are you doing here?” Ulrich asked in an annoyed voice.

“I came to spend some of my summer with you Ulrich Dear.” Sissi said. Ulrich looked very annoyed.

“There goes my vacation.” Ulrich murmured.

“Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friends?” Sissi asked.

“No, so beat it.” Ulrich said harshly.

“See you later Ulrich Darling.” Sissi called as she left.

“What a pain.” Aelita said. “She really can’t take a hint.”

“Let’s just hurry to the cabins, this stuff is heavy.” Yumi said. But before they could go too far.

“Hey Yumi.” A Familiar voice called.

“Damn, there goes my vacation too.” Yumi murmured. “William when I said I hate you, I meant it.”

“I know you didn’t. Who could hate someone they went out with?” William said.

“Me, Now get lost.” Yumi said.

“Hey, I’m just surprised you came. Your nut job of a grandfather tells you horror stories about when he went bear hunting for some stupid bear.” William said.

“Oh, you’re gonna regret what you just said.” Koji said.

“MY GRANDFATHER WAS NOT A NUT JOB! And those are real stories when he went hunting for Akakabuto.” Yumi said with anger.

“So that’s what he named that bear? Akakabuto?” William asked. “What a weirdo.”

“GET. LOST.” Yumi demanded as William walked away.

“As much as I lose pride in saying this, but William’s kinda right. Grandfather tried to make his dog eat his flesh so the dog would live, but his dog didn’t do it.” Koji said.

“Gin(4) was the name of his dog.” Yumi said. “Gin was the best bear hound Grandfather could ask for.”

“You have dog?” Odd asked.

“Yeah, a red and white Tora-Ge(5) Akita Inu.” Yumi said.

“Yumi and her Tora-Ge, I swear that is the single thing she will talk about.” Koji said “With anyone, her Tora-Ge.”

“I own a terrier myself.” Odd said. “His name’s Kiwi.”

“Me and Ulrich have a chocolate lab.” Dani said. “His name’s Wolf.”

“And Aside from Yumi’s Tora-Ge, I have a Tosa Inu named Cross.” Koji said. “And Hiroki, our little bro, owns a silver Akita Inu named Weed.”

“Weed? Who names a dog Weed?” Odd asked.

“Who name’s a kid Odd?” Aelita asked.

“Point taken.” Odd said.

End Notes:

(1)- Ototo- Little Brother
(2)- Aniki- Older Brother
(3)- Ane- Sister (Or Older Sister I'm not sure)
(4)- Gin- Silver
(5)- Tora-Ge - Tiger Stripped

Chapter 2: Riki and Yumi's Bond by GarageKid

Chapter 2- Riki and Yumi’s Bond

 

Yumi, Aelita, and Dani turned and headed for their cabin to unpack. As soon as they got there, Yumi unzipped the backpack as the Tora-Ge Akita Inu popped his puppy head out of the backpack.

“You took your dog with you?” Aelita asked.

“I couldn’t leave him home, so I brought him along.” Yumi said as the red and white furred pup (He really is in between a pup and a dog, I’ll call it a teenager stage.) The pup jumped out of the backpack. The pup had brown eyes and a black collar around his neck, the ‘Tora-Ge’ or Tiger Strips where three darker red strips on the pup’s back.

“What’s his name?” Dani asked unloading Wolf from the dog create. (I forgot in the last chapter to put who brought dog creates and cages, so just flow with it K?)

“Riki.” Yumi said. “He’s named after my great-grandfather’s dog.”

“Riki? I like it.” Aelita said. “My dad would never go for having a dog, he’s so busy he doesn’t want to put up with one, and me with schoolwork and everything, I wouldn’t have time either.” Aelita said. Riki scratched his ear and looked over at Wolf, the chocolate lab was also in the Teenager state, not as big as an adult, but too big for a young pup. Wolf had a red collar around his neck.

“I hope you don’t mind dogs, Aelita, your going to have to live with them for a while.” Dani said.

“I don’t mind them.” Aelita said. “Did you guys hear about that camp party or whatever they call it.”

“They call it a Party/dance/eat out/ blah, blah, blah.” Dani said. “Bottom line, You need a date.”

“Oh, so it’s almost like a school dance.” Aelita said.

“Yup.” Dani said. Yumi rolled her eyes, she didn’t like school dances or anything that required getting a date. Everyone would ask her, but she kept saying no after William, she was thinking of not attending the camp whatever-you-want-to-call-it. Riki looked up at Yumi with his brown eyes and pawed her leg. She looked down at the pup and smiled.

“I think I should take Riki for a walk.” Yumi said as she took the leash out of the pack and hooked it too his collar.

“Okay Dokay!” Dani said. Yumi walked out the door and led the Akita Inu to the side of the campsite near the woods. The pup sat down next to the big rock where Yumi sat.

“What do you think Riki? Should I see if anyone asks me to the Camp Whatever-you-call-it?”

Riki barked and showed a smile.

“You think I should? After all, It’s not like all guys are like William.” Yumi said as Riki stood up and walked over to a tree and sniffed around. Yumi rested her head on her hand and started to daydream as Riki did his business. Soon she caught sight of William and his Doberman that was on a leash and he started walking over.

“Hello Yumi.” He said trying to sound casual.

“What do you want?” Yumi asked standing up. Riki noticed this and walked near her side.

“Sniper wanted to go for a walk.” William said innocently. “I was just saying hello, you know Snip likes you almost as much as I do.” That was a lie.

“Your dog hates me.” Yumi said as Sniper growled at her. Riki growled back, he and Yumi where very close and nothing was going to make Riki back off if he thought Yumi was being threatened. Sniper growled again, but this time it was at Riki. William didn’t seem to notice.

“I have to leave, Aelita and Dani are waiting for me.” Yumi half lied. As she tried to pass, however, she stepped on one of Sniper’s toes. What happened next was a flash for both Yumi and William. Snip turned and bit her ankle. William didn’t even have a chance to hold him back. Riki turned quickly and launched a bite of his own to Sniper’s shoulder, making him let go, but also left a lovely tooth mark on Sniper’s shoulder.

“Look at what your dog did, that’s going to leave a scar.” William said. Yumi was still in shock but managed to hurry back to the cabin. As she opened the door, Riki was already tending to her wound, licking it trying to clean it off. She opened the door to see Wolf on one of the beds and a note on the back of the door.

Yumi,

Me and Aelita want to check on the guys, remember they are in cabin 215. Come over as soon as you finish taking Riki for his walk, see you there.

Dani

PS. Make sure Wolf doesn’t eat cheese, it gives him gas.

“Great their gone.” Yumi said to Riki as she took out the first aid kit and sat on the second bed where she had dropped her things. Riki hopped on the bed with her and watched her clean off the bite and wrap it in the white bandage. “Wanna go meet Kiwi?” Yumi asked as she put Riki back on the leash and walked out of the door.

“Be back soon Wolf.” Yumi called to the chocolate lab as she walked over to the guys cabin and knocked the door.

“Who is it?” She heard Koji ask. Riki barked.

“The police, open up.” Yumi said playfully.

“And if I don’t are you going to unleash your vicious dog?” Koji asked in a playful tone.

“Don’t be fooled by his size.” Yumi said before Koji opened the door and let her in. She unhooked Riki and let him walked around, he noticed Kiwi and walked over to sniff him. Cross sat on Koji’s top bunk looking down at the others.

“How’s Wolf?” Ulrich asked.

“He was sleeping when I got back from walking Riki.” Yumi said.

“What happened to your ankle?” Aelita asked. Yumi was surprised, she thought she could have gone through the day without people noticing.

“Let’s just say William tried to reintroduce me to his nasty Doberman.” Yumi said. “Sniper bit me.”

“Ouch.” Koji said. “Was it deep?”

“He almost deepened his bite, but before he could Riki bit him back.” Yumi said.

“Way to go Riki.” Aelita said, at the sound of his name Riki walked over to Aelita for her to pet him.

“Where?” Koji asked.

“On his shoulder.” Yumi said. “Nasty Doberman, I was lucky I had Riki with me.”

“Riki can get violent.” Koji said in a worried tone.

“Only when I’m on trouble, he’s not a fighter.” Yumi said.

“Does this look like a face of a fighter?” Dani asked showing Riki.

“I’m just saying, he can get violent, though I know he’s a great dog.” Koji said.

“Great dogs fight for people they care about.” Yumi said.

“Right, just be careful, William’s Doberman could have done a lot more damage then a bite.” Koji said as he and Yumi sat on the bed with Dani and Aelita. Ulrich looked up and Dani.

“Guess who dad dropped off.” Ulrich said.

“No, he didn’t!” Dani said.

“He did.” Ulrich said as the German shepherd appeared behind him.

“Max! What did he do that Dad sent him hear?” Dani asked.

“I don’t even know.” Ulrich said. “But you know how dad hates Max.”

Yumi watched as Riki raised his ears. He looked over at the brown and white German Shepherd. He ran over to sniff at Max and licked at his muzzle.

“Riki likes German Shepherds.” Yumi said. Ulrich watched as Riki playfully pawed at Max. “Riki used to play with two other German Shepherds.”

“Really? No wonder he’s hitting it off pretty quick with Max.” Dani said.

Chapter 3: Like Father Like Son by GarageKid
Author's Notes:

 

Like Father Like Son

As soon as Jeremie got back from walking Dexter, his golden retriever. The group headed over toward the mess hall. Koji wanted to have a chat with William, but the others were just there for the assembly that was being held. Koji and Yumi’s grandfather was going to be taking the campers on a bear hunting expedition. As soon as they got there Riki looked over at Gin, his father, the huge Akita Inu with the bear scratch scar on his forehead, silver fur and silver/blue eyes stood proud and tall as the campers settled down in the seats. There had to be 20 campers, but since Yumi and Koji’s grandfather brought his whole hunting group, they where going to be in small groups for the trip.

“OK campers, settle down.” Yumi and Koji’s grandfather said. For an old man, he was in great shape. “Now as you all may have been informed, you all are going to be taken on a bear hunting expedition. You can choose not to go, but if you do go you should now you all are in the best care.”

“Old men with shotguns how reassuring.” William murmured.

“You all are free to call me Daisuke, or of course Mr. Ishiyama.” Daisuke said. He looked over at his grandchildren. “During this expedition we all will be in teams of five. Plus your dogs, we all are armed in case we see any bear along the way, any questions?”

“I have one.” William said. “Are we really supposed to believe a few old men with shot guns are really going to protect us?”

“We all are trained and have great eye sight, we have been hunting for years.” Daisuke said.

“I also have another question.” William said. “What about that other bear back in Japan you where hunting?”

“Dead.” Daisuke said with a laugh. “I killed that bear when, why was it when Riki was born.”

“Yup grandpa.” Koji said. “Riki was a young pup, about a year ago.”

“Ok, well anyway, there are sign-up sheets for the hunting trip on the door of the mess hall, those of you who are interested can sign up.” Daisuke said as the group was dismissed from the mess hall. The gang waited for the crowd to head back to their cabins before heading to sign up.

“Jeremie, you and Aelita sure you guys don’t want to come along?” Odd asked.

“No, we decided to take Dexter for a walk in the field on the other side of camp while you all are at the hunting trip.”

“Suit yourself.” Ulrich said as they reached the sign-up sheet”

Name              Age     Dog’s name Cabin #  Dog Breed
William Dunbar    15   Sniper         #222      Doberman
Koji Kamiya         15   Cross         #215      Tosa Inu
Dani Stern           14   Wolf         #212       Ch. Lab
Ulrich Stern          14   Max          #215      Germ. Shep.
Odd Della-Robbia 14   Kiwi          #215      Terrier Mix
Yumi Ishiyama     15  Riki          #212       Akita Inu
Sissi Delmus        14  Sassy       #243       Poodle

Daisuke read over the list.

“It seems my grandchildren will be coming huh Gin?” He asked as he settled in his desk. “And of course your son.” He said turning to the dog. “We haven’t pick which bear we were going to try to go after yet, but let us hope we don’t hunt Mosa. You know how Yumi gets when she hears that bears name, she’ll get herself killed.” The dog looked up at his master. “You have more faith in my granddaughter then I do, I must say, you really are something else. And your son will prove what he’s worth at this event. Tomorrow will prove what that team has.” Daisuke said as he headed off to bed.

Meanwhile. . .

Yumi headed off to bed as soon as Dani got back from walking Wolf. Aelita sat at the desk.

“So Aelita, when did you decide to go on a little walk with Jeremie?” Yumi asked.

“Oh, shut up, it’s for a project.” Aelita said.

“A Chemistry project?” Dani asked with a laugh. “Jeremie must know a lot about that.”

“I said shut up!” Aelita said. Yumi climbed in bed with Riki next to her. Dani climbed in the bed at the other side of the cabin. Aelita’s bed was closest to the desk.

“Night guys.” Aelita said shutting off the lights and heading to bed herself. Wolf had climbed on Dani’s bed and slept beside her as the three girls fell asleep.

 

Meanwhile. . .

Kiwi and Odd where fast asleep at the bottom bunk of his bed. Jeremie was on top with Dexter at his feet. Ulrich lay awake in the bottom bunk of the other bunk bed with Max at his feet. Koji was on the top of that bunk with Cross next to him.

“Koji.” Ulrich whispered. “You awake?”

“Yeah, what’s up?” Koji asked.

“I was wondering, why did your grandfather come here and is offering to take us on this hunting trip?”

“Our grandfather kinda takes over for our father who’s never around anymore, Yumi looks up to him like he’s a father to her. Gin, Grandfather’s dog is the father of Riki. Grandfather wanted to show us how survival and tracking abilities can be used to track a curtain person, animal, or thing.” Koji said.

“Oh, Ok.” Ulrich said.

“There’s more to it isn’t there?” Koji asked.

“Kinda.” Ulrich said turning to his side. “What’s the relationship between Yumi and William?”

“William was Yumi’s last abusive boyfriend. One of our close friends even wrote a song about the abuse she was going through before she had the guts to tell him she had enough. We followed her around for the clips and made a music video.” Koji said. “I’ll show it to you all when I find it under most of my stuff.”

“Ok.” Ulrich said falling asleep.

Chapter 4: Face Down by GarageKid

Face Down

 

Yumi’s Dream/Flash Back:

Hey girl, you know you drive me crazy
one look puts the rhythm in my hand.
Still I'll never understand why you hang around
I see what's going down.

The black haired Japanese teen look over at Yumi with her head down.

“You OK?” He asked.

“Yeah Sai, I’m fine.” She said as Sai gave her a look telling her he knew she wasn’t telling the truth, ever since she had been going out with William she hadn’t been the same Yumi he knew and loved.

Cover up with make up in the mirror
tell yourself, it's never gonna happen again
you cry alone and then he swears he loves you.

Sai looked through Yumi’s bedroom window as she continued to hide the markings from William beating her every time he had a bad day. He wanted so badly to kill William, but he also wanted Yumi to be the one to kick him to the curb.

“He doesn’t love her.” Sai told himself, unlike Yumi who continued to think him beating her would never happen again.

Do you feel like a man when you push her around?
Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground?
Well I'll tell you my friend, one day this world's going to end
as your lies crumble down, a new life she has found.

Sai would watch hopelessly as William would beat at her. Wondering when Yumi would get the guts to beat at him herself. He new he wanted to, but she was a different story.

“William, one of these days, She’s going to be strong enough to beat you herself.” Sai kept telling himself.

A pebble in the water makes a ripple effect
every action in this world will bear a consequence
If you wade around forever you will surely drown
I see what's going down.

“What are you looking at?” William asked as he left Yumi alone and approached Sai.

“You leave her alone, or else one day, she’ll be the one to kick your but.” Sai said as he looked over at Yumi, blood dripping from her mouth from William punching her. “Your not the one who loves her the way you say you do.”

I see the way you go and say you're right again,
say you're right again
heed my lecture

William pushed Sai out of the way as he walked away from both of them. Sai helped Yumi up and looked back at William.

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Sai said and turned back to Yumi. “Are you OK?”

“I’m fine.” Yumi said. “I has to get home, my Grandfather’s supposed to visit.”

“OK, and Yumi.” Sai said. “You have to get rid of him, he’ll end up killing you.”

“I can’t.” Yumi said, Sai looked at her with anger.

“Why not?” Sai asked.

“He said he’d kill you if I didn’t go out with him.”

Do you feel like a man when you push her around?
Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground?
Well I'll tell you my friend, one day this world's going to end
as your lies crumble down, a new life she has found.

Sai was walking his German Shepherd, Jerome, When he was cut off by William.

“What did you tell her?!” He yelled.

“I don’t know what your talking about.” Sai said calmly. William punched him in the stomach.

“She dumped me!” William said, a smile formed on Sai’s face.

“Oh did she?” Sai said with pleasure in his voice. “I wonder why.”

“Don’t get smart with me!” William said as Jerome growled at him.

“William! Leave him alone!” Yumi yelled as William turned to her.

Face down in the dirt, she said,
this doesn't hurt, she said,
I finally had enough.

Yumi looked at him with hate in her eyes. William pulled his arm back to punched her, but in a flash she kicked him in the face, leaving him down on the ground.

“Nice kick.” Sai said. “Now I know what I’m in for if I make you mad.”

“You got that right.” Yumi said as William tried to get up.

Face down in the dirt, she said,
this doesn't hurt, she said,
I finally had enough.

William ran off knowing he was far outnumbered.

“I’ve had enough of him.” Yumi said. Sai smiled.

One day she will tell you that she has had enough
it's coming round again.

Do you feel like a man when you push her around?
Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground?
Well I'll tell you my friend, one day this world's going to end
as your lies crumble down, a new life she has found.
[x2]

Face down in the dirt, she said,
this doesn't hurt, she said,
I finally had enough.

End Yumi’s Dream/Flash back:

“Yumi wake up!” Danni called as she and Wolf where ready to head to the showers.

“Ok, I’m coming.” Yumi said getting up with Riki next to her letting out a yawn. Before they got to the showers, Daisuke stopped them.

“Oh, hello girls, I just wanted to remind you that the Hunting Expedition starts at ten.” Daisuke said. “We will be hunting, Mosa, one of the selected bears.”

“Mosa? You named the bears?” Dani asked.

“Yes, it normally is how we pick which bear each group hunts.” Daisuke said. “See you too then.” He said as he continued to walk Gin.

“Mosa.” Yumi whispered. “Just my luck.”

End Notes:
Sai plays a big role later on, Minor spoiler- He owned one of the German Shepherds Riki used to be friends with.
Chapter 5: Mosa by GarageKid

Mosa

 

The group headed out to the center of the campsite to start the hunting trip. Daisuke and Gin where already waiting, Yumi and Riki where rushing everyone else, but no one knew why they where being rushed by her, as soon as they got there, Yumi looked like she was ready to shoot someone. Riki was just as impatient.

“When are we heading out?” Yumi asked.

“As soon as I go over a few ground rules.” Daisuke said. “Calm down.”

Yumi eyed the path, as her grandfather continued.

“Alright, when we head out, we will be looking for Mosa, which is the bear with the deformed paw. He might be fairly easy to find, but when we do find him, you need to be aware that this bear can get violent.” Daisuke when on and on when Yumi started staring at the woods with the most intention to leave the group and find that bear on her own.

“Ok now we can head out, Come on.” Daisuke said as the group followed through the woods leaving the campsite. Yumi was a step ahead of everyone.

“Yumi! What’s the rush?” Dani asked missing the worried look on Koji’s face. Yumi watched Riki sniff around trying to pick up the smell of the bear. Daisuke kept a close eye on her as Gin watched his son try to pick up a sent. Yumi could hear the fast water of the stream that brought back bad memories. Yumi could see Riki pick up a trot and into a run.

“Riki!” Yumi called chasing after the dog. Gin ran after her.

“Keep an eye on her Gin!” Daisuke called.

“Your not going to follow her yourself?” William asked.

“Gin is a responsible dog enough.” Daisuke said. The others watched the path before they came across a river, Yumi was standing with Gin, Gin had his ears down and a down cast gaze are Yumi was looking over to Riki who was on a fallen tree looking down the river with his back to the others. Yumi had a look on her face that showed she knew what the dog was thinking and had empathy for him. It wasn’t long before Riki let out a sad howl that broke Yumi’s heart.

“This is the place.” Koji said with the same saddened look Yumi had. “Mosa took two lives here.”

“Which two idiots come out here to get killed?” William asked, bad move, as soon as he had Yumi swag around and punched him hard in the face. “Damn! What was that for?” He asked as Koji grabbed Yumi’s arm to keep her back.

“Sai and Jerome.” Koji said sadly to the group. “Grandfather, surely you told them how much you couldn’t hunt this bear.”

“I had to.” Daisuke said. “I didn’t know Yumi would act out this much.”

“Sai? Why does that name ring a bell?” William asked as Riki let out a series of sad howls.

“Poor Riki.” Dani said. “He sounds so, so sad.”

“Jerome was one of his friends, and Sai was his owner and was a great person, he never let anyone step over people he loved and cared for.” Koji said. “He was like a brother to me.”

“How did they die?” Odd asked.

“Saving me and Riki.” Yumi said looking back at the Akita Inu howling his poor heart out. “I swear, I’ll kill Mosa. That bear needs to die.”

“We can talk about that after we find the bear.” Koji said as Yumi walked over to Riki.

“You miss your friend, I know, I miss Sai. But you know they want us to be strong and hunt down Mosa. We’re strong enough to do that.” Yumi said as Riki turned to her. “We need to make sure they didn’t die for nothing.” Riki nodded and followed Yumi back to the group.

“OK, how do we find Mosa?” Ulrich asked.

“Look for weird foot prints in the dirt, Mosa is a huge bear, and with that paw he shouldn’t be hard.” Daisuke said.

“Just be happy Sissi didn’t come Ulrich.” Odd said. Kiwi sniffed around with Riki, Wolf, Max, and Gin. Riki picked up something and barked twice before running toward it.

“Good boy Riki!” Yumi said following the dog. Gin followed with Max, Cross, and Wolf close behind. Kiwi waited as Odd picked him up and Followed as Ulrich, Dani, Koji, and Daisuke. William and his Doberman followed behind the others. The next thing they all knew, they where in the presents of a huge, brown bear with a deformed paw and drool coming down the mouth showing the set of white teeth. Riki ran and attacked the bear, Biting it’s muzzle and holding on as the bear tried to get him off.

“RIKI!” Yumi yelled. Gin also ran forward and bit the bear’s neck also keeping a hold.

“GIN hold on!” Daisuke yelled.

“Give um’ a hand Cross!” Koji said as the dog ran forward and bit the bear’s deformed paw. With one quick slash of the bear’s claws, he hit Gin and sent him flying into a tree.

“GIN!” Daisuke yelled. Cross was next to be hit and tossed toward Koji.

“CROSS!” Koji yelled running up to the dog. With both paws, Mosa Waked Riki off.

“RIKI!” Yumi yelled running toward the dog.

“Riki are you alright?” Yumi asked kneeling down near the dog.

“YUMI LOOK OUT!” Koji yelled as the bear took a shot at her hitting her arm and shoulder. She fell back as Riki stood and jumped up biting the bear’s forehead.

“Beautiful.” Daisuke said.

“Wow, nice shot.” Koji said as the bear fell back against the rocks.

“Yumi, are you OK?” Ulrich called as Max ran over to her and licked her face.

“I’m ok.” Yumi whispered to the dog as she pulled herself up. Max looked over at the bear and Riki, who still had his bite on the bear’s forehead. Gin ran forward to launch a bite to the neck, but missed and bit the stomach.

“Oh no! He missed!” Dani called.

“Cross hurt his leg, he can’t move!’ Koji said.

“Sniper can do it.” William said as the Doberman ran forward and bit the bear’s back.

“Your dog missed too.” Ulrich said.

“Let’s see Your dog do any better!” William said. Wolf was way young and scared to move. Max was their last chance.

“Max, you’ve gotta fight!” Ulrich called. Max looked over at the bear and then to Yumi’s bleeding arm. Without much more hesitation, Max rushed up and landing the perfect bite to the bear’s neck forcing the bear down.

“Beautiful.” Yumi complemented. Ulrich ran down to check on Yumi.

“Are you OK?” Ulrich asked.

“Yeah, your dog has nice aim.” Yumi said. “He’d make a great bear hunter.” Max walked over to Yumi and Ulrich with Riki next to him. Gin ran back to his master, and Sniper walked back to William.

“Yumi, your arm.” Ulrich said.

“Oh, I guess I can get stupid when I know Riki is in trouble.” Yumi said.

“I don’t believe it, Mosa, he’s dead.” Daisuke said. “Wow, I solute both Riki and Max for that.”

“We should head back to camp.” Koji said. “Cross’s leg’s really bothering him.”

“Ok.” Daisuke said.

Chapter 6: Summer's End by GarageKid

Summer’s End

 

It was the end of Camp. Yumi with her arm bandage, she finished packing and looked over at Dani.

“Have a great last few months of summer, I’ll see you at the Kadic.” Yumi said.

“Bye Yumi, Bye Aelita.” Dani said. Her dad was going to pick her and Ulrich up later on.

“That was an interesting Summer.” Aelita said.

“Well, it went by fast, But I’m sure we’ll all meet up at the Kadic in the fall.” Yumi said.

“Your right, after all, the group that fights together.”

“Stays together.” Jeremie finished.

“I hope you guys have a nice last few months of summer.” Ulrich said. “Funny, I was just starting to gat used to you all.”

“Well, you’ll have time for that when school starts back up.” Yumi said.

“You can bet on that.” Odd said.

“Until next Summer.” Aelita said.

End Notes:
THERE IS GOING TO BE A SERIES MADE!! SORRY FOR THE LACK OF ROMANCE IN THIS ONE, BUT THERE WILL BE MORE ROMANCE LATTER ON! I PROMISE!
This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=312