Healing Cold Hearts by GarageKid
Summary: Three new girls join Kadic. Aelita is the small and sweet member of the group, while Nicole is a skater girl rockstar of the group. Yumi on the other hand, is a short-tempered, streetfighter as well as having the worst past of them all. Can a few students heal the cold hearts?
Categories: Ships > Other, Ships > Jeremie and Aelita, Ships > Ulrich and Yumi Characters: Aelita Hopper, Hiroki Ishiyama, Jeremie Belpois, Odd Della Robbia, Sissi Delmas, Ulrich Stern, William Dunbar, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 4341 Read: 14625 Published: Mar 21, 2008 Updated: Mar 22, 2008
Story Notes:
Disclaimer- I do not own Code Lyoko!

1. Chapter 1: Running Away by GarageKid

2. Chapter 2: New Girls by GarageKid

3. Chapter 3: Cold Hard Truth by GarageKid

Chapter 1: Running Away by GarageKid

Chapter One: Running Away

 

Aelita switched on her Cell and called one of her best friends, Yumi. She, Yumi, and Nicole where running away to Nicole’s uncle’s boarding school. Nicole had already made plans with her uncle to meet them at the gate. Aelita started packing up every thing before a knock on the door was heard.

Now little Lisa’s only 9 years old
She’s trying to figure out why the world is so Cold
Why she’s all alone and they never meet her family
Mama’s always gone, and they never met her daddy

Aelita turned and ran to lock the door, knowing is was probably one of her mom’s boyfriends, who got drunk and was now looking to beat her. She finished packing her clothes and took the picture of her mom and dad off her dresser and put it in her backpack. Her father was killed in a shooting and ever since, her life has never been the way it used to be.

Part of her is missing and nobody will listen
Mama’s on drugs getting high up in the kitchen
Bringing home men different hours of the night
Starting with some laughs always ending in a fight

Aelita heard pounding on the door as she grabbed her doll, Mr. Puck and stuffed it in her bag. She opened the window and looked back at the room. Not sure weather or not to leave her mom here.

Sneaking in her room when her Mama’s knocked out
Trying to have his way and little Lisa says “Ouch”
She tries to resist but then all he does is beat her
Tries to tell her mom
But her mama don’t believe her
Lisa’s stuck up in the world on her own
Forced to think that Hell is a place called home
Nothing else to do but get her clothes and pack
She says she’s ‘bout to run away and never come back!

Aelita jumped out the window and ran through the yard, She heard a yell from her room, but didn’t look back. She knew she had to keep running until she meet up with the others at the air port.

Little Nicole is only 10 years old.
She’s steady trying to figure out
Why the world is so cold
Why’s she’s not pretty and nobody seem to like her
Alcoholic step-dad always wanna strike her

Nicole had had enough, she was done with her step-dad. She had called her uncle, told a few lies, faked a few papers, and not was scheduled to transfer to Kadic. Of cause she wasn’t about to leave without her two best friends.

Yells and abuses
Leaves her with some bruises
Teachers ask questions
She’s making up excuses

Nicole shoved the rest of her clothes in her backpack before looking at the old pictures of her and her old friend, Tara, who was shot.

Bleedin on the inside, cryin on the out
Its only one girl really knows what she about
Her name is lil Stacy and they become friends
Promise that they'll always be tight til the end
Until one day lil Stacy gets shot
A drive by bullet went stray up on her block
Now Nicole stuck up in the world on her own
Forced to think that hell is a place called home
Nothin else to do but get her clothes and pack
She says shes bout to run away and never come back

Nicole jumped out the window and ran toward the air port. She smirked to herself at the great job she had done in getting all three of her abused friends out and to the safety of Kadic. She quickly took out her cell and called her uncle to make sure all was set for her and her friends arrival.

Little Alex is only 12 years old
She’s steady trying to figure why the world is so cold
She lost her whole family in a house fire
She said it don’t bother her, but she’s just a little liar.

Yumi packed up everything before jumping over the gate of her foster family. Her family was killed in a tragic house fire. She hated her foster family and was quick to run away. Her foster mother was the worst, she carried around a whip and would beat her with it.

Alex is stuck up in the world on her own
Forced to think that Hell is a place called home
Nothing else to do but get her clothes and pack
She says she’s ‘bout to run away and never come back!

Yumi ran all the way to the air port where she was greeted by Aelita and Nicole.

“Yo.” Nicole called as she watched Yumi run toward them.

“Lets get the hell out of here!” Yumi said.

“Couldn’t have said id better myself.” Nicole said.

“I still feel bad about leaving my mom.” Aelita said as she walked into the air port with the two older girls. Nicole looked over her shoulder at Aelita.

“Have no fear, the police will soon be there.” Nicole said. Yumi looked over and nodded. They all waited in the waiting area before their plane arrived and they where set to depart. As the three took their seats on the plane, seating in the same row. Yumi was near the window, Aelita was in the middle, and Nicole was near the aisle. Yumi looked out the window most of the time, soon falling asleep as well as Aelita and Nicole. They all woke up as the plane came to the airport near Kadic. Nicole was first to shoot up.

“Hey, guys wake up.” Nicole said as Aelita, who was leaning on Yumi, sat up and shook Yumi awake.

“What?” Yumi asked sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

“We’re here, sleepy head.” Nicole said as they stood up, got their bags and headed off the plane into the airport. Yumi led the group out into the streets, they had to take a bus the rest of the way to Kadic.

End Notes:
The last verse is my own, I couldn't use the last verse of the song here, so I used that instead.
Chapter 2: New Girls by GarageKid

Chapter 2: New Girls

Mr. Delmus had just told Sissi about her cousin coming to Kadic.

“What! Nicole! I thought she had her own school to go to!” Sissi said.

“Yes but she was expelled after her friend broke the rules, which reminds me, her two friends are coming too.” Mr. Delmus said.

“What! But Aelita’s too nice and Yumi would punch me if I got close enough!” Sissi said.

“Now, now, Nicole is your cousin, and you should be happy about her arrival.” Mr. Delmus said. “She said she was just happy to be able to see you again.”

“Yeah I bet.” Sissi said with an annoyed tone.

Ulrich, Odd, and Jeremie where sitting near their bench not doing much of anything, until three girls on skateboards ride past, one jumping the bench they where all sitting on.

“Out of the way!” The girl said.

“Watch it!” Odd yelled back. “You almost took our heads off!”

“Sorry I missed!” The girl yelled back.

“That was mean Yumi.” Nicole said when they where out of sight. Yumi didn’t say anything and stopped near the door to the principal’s office and picked up her black and red skateboard. Nicole and Aelita did the same.

Ulrich, Odd and Jeremie, after nearly being killed, walked to their class, sitting down, they noticed the same three girls talking to the teacher.

“New Students.” Odd said. Ulrich and Jeremie just nod.

“Students, please give a warm welcome to our three new students. Yumi Ishiyama, Nicole Delmus, and Aelita Schaefer.” The teacher said as the students looked up.

Yumi was a girl with cropped black hair with highlighted red streaks and navy blue eyes. She was wearing black and red vans, black slightly baggy jeans, and a long sleeve red shirt with a short sleeved black and red tie-dyed hoodie over it. Her nails where painted black and she was wearing a black bracelet on her right wrist.

Nicole was a girl with long black hair with highlighted green streaks and green eyes. She was wearing black and green vans, black faded jeans with wholes at the knees, and a white tube top under a black jacket. Her nails where painted black with green hearts in the middle.

Aelita was a girl with short pink hair which highlighted black streaks and green eyes. She was wearing pink and black vans, black skirt, and a white T-shirt with a black blouse. Her nails where painted black with hot pink stars in the middle.

The boys watched as the three sat in the back of the class, together, away from everyone else. As class went on, the three stayed silent. When the bell rang, all three of them stood up to leave, in the school yard they where stopped by Sissi.

“Hello Nicole.” Sissi said.

“Yo, coz.” Nicole said.

“I’m going to make one thing clear, I own the school here.” Sissi said as her two followers Herve and Nicolas.

“Sissi, you don’t scare me. You followers are nothing compared to Yumi and Aelita. First off, their like my sisters, unlike your heartless followers. Then Aelita is the master at hacking, linking, and web casting. Unless you want to be humiliated on Kadic’s site, you’ll stay away from us. And Yumi here, well, she’s the number one Japanese street fighter. She’s never lost a match, so you don’t want to tango with her.” Nicole said. “And me, I have connections. I might be the number 2 fighter compared to Yumi, but I can still do damage.”

“Your group will be expelled in less then a month.” Sissi said. “You all belong in Juvenile!”

“Been there, not as bad as they say.” Yumi said with a smirk. Sissi looked scared. Odd, Ulrich and Jeremie where watching from afar.

“Oh, new bad girls.” Odd said. “Odd like.”

“Odd’s an idiot.” Ulrich said. “That one girl said she was in Juvenile.”

“They might not be all that bad.” Odd said as he walked up to the group. “Hi, I’m Odd.”

“There he goes again.” Ulrich said as he and Jeremie walked toward Odd.

“Hi Odd, hope we didn’t scare you too much with our warning to Sissi.” Nicole said.

“So, your not all that?” Jeremie asked.

“Oh, we are, but I may have over exenterated.” Nicole said. “Yumi’s never been in Juvenile though. She just played along.”

“Oh,” Odd said. “Well, these are my friends, Ulrich and Jeremie.”

“Yo.” Nicole said.

“What can’t your other friends talk?” Odd said. Yumi stayed silent, Aelita smiled lightly.

“Hi.” Aelita said.

“Better.” Odd said. “Hey, what did you say your names where again?”

“I’m Nicole, this is Aelita and Yumi.” Nicole said.

“Are you really Sissi’s cousin?” Jeremie said. “I never knew she had a cousin.”

“We kinda hate each other.” Nicole said.

“So we do have something in common! We all hate Sissi.” Odd said. “I have an idea, since you three are new, how about having lunch together?”

“Odd.” Ulrich and Jeremie said.

“What? I’m being nice.” Odd said. The three girls looked at each other.

“I guess it wont kill us.” Aelita said. Odd smiled.

“Well, come on, we better hurry, there’s meatballs and gravy.” Odd said as he, Ulrich, Jeremie, Nicole, Aelita, and Yumi all walked toward the mess hall for lunch. While the girls where getting lunch Ulrich pulled Odd aside.

“Odd, why did you ask them to have lunch with us?” Ulrich asked.

“Because their new here and are pretty hot.” Odd said with a shy smile. “Come on, you have to admit that they are hot.”

“You did this just to get three girls to like you?” Ulrich asked.

“Of course not! I would never be that selfish. I saved Yumi for you.” Odd said.

“WHAT?!”

“Oh, come on, give her a chance.” Odd said. “So what if she’s a street fighter.”

“Odd!”

“Hey guys.” Nicole said as she and her two friends sat down at the table. After lunch, the three girls decided (Since it was Saturday and they had no classes after lunch) to check out their new dorm room. Yumi unlocked the door and the three girls looked inside to see a bunk bed and a separate bed in the room.

“I call the single!” Nicole said playfully pushing the other two out of the way. Aelita laughed at set her stuff on the bottom bunk.

“Sure you don’t want to top?” Yumi asked.

“Go ahead.” Aelita said throwing Yumi’s bag on the top bunk.

“What you tell your foster parents?” Nicole asked opening one of the wardrobes.

“I told them that I was headed to military school.” Yumi said. “They said ‘good now take your damned things and leave’ so I did.”

“Good for you!” Nicole said. “I hope we see those really cute boys again.”

“Not a chance, they’re all going to hate us sooner or later. Just like in our old school.” Yumi said. “They call us witches and vampires just like before.”

“What makes ya say that?” Aelita asked.

“We’re the only ones who wear a lot of black, people give you all sorts of bad reps.” Yumi said. “It doesn’t bother me, but I wish people would give us a chance.”

“Me too.” Nicole said.

“Maybe this time it will be different.” Aelita said hopefully.

Chapter 3: Cold Hard Truth by GarageKid

That night, Sissi was planning a very mean prank that she was going to pull on her cousin. First she took three buckets of ice water, then she fond string and then she took a jar of honey as an extra gift to her cousin. She snuck into their room and set up the three water buckets over all three of their heads, she added the honey into the bucket over her dear cousin’s head. All she had to do now was wake them up. She crept out of the room and headed back to hers telling Herve to throw a ball at their door to wake them up, as the ball hit Aelita was the first to wake up, screaming because of the cold, her scream woke Yumi and Nicole, and they got water dumped on them as well. Nicole felt the cold honey run down her face.

“SISSI!” She yelled. Yumi jumped off the top bunk and sped out the door.

“I’M GONNA KILL HER!” Yumi yelled as Nicole and Aelita ran after her. Yumi pounded on the door SO loudly, you’d have to be deaf not to hear it. Sissi opened the door.

“Oh, hello Nicole and friends, can I help you?” Sissi asked.

“KONO AMA!” Yumi yelled in Japanese because of her frustration.

“What?” Sissi asked. Yumi tried to attack her but Nicole and Aelita held her back. Sissi stepped back in alarm. “I’ll tell my father if you dare lay a hand on me.”

“Yeah, how ‘bout a fist?!” Yumi asked trying to break free. By this time, Odd, Ulrich, and Jeremie had woken up and ran to the scene.

“Ulrich, at last you’re here! Help me! This, this girl is trying to kill me.” Sissi said.

“You’re lucky we’re holding her!” Aelita yelled.

“If we weren’t here, she wouldn’t have thought twice about punching you.” Nicole said.

“Yumi STOP!” Ulrich called, but it didn’t work, she was still trying to get loose and punch Sissi in the mouth.

“Let me go! She deserves to get punched!” Yumi yelled.

“Ulrich, hold back your friend.” Sissi said.

“We’re not friends!” Ulrich said. “We barely met!” Yumi had broke loose from Aelita’s grip by Nicole got in front of Yumi and held her back by her shoulders. Sissi had had enough and slammed the door shut. Yumi was let go and she pounded on the door.

“COWARD!” She yelled, no amused by Sissi’s attitude. Ulrich, Odd, and Jeremie stood there, shocked. They never have seen anyone so willing to fight like Yumi was now. Her fists where going into the door, never flinching, she sent one fist after another as if Sissi were still standing there.

“Yumi stop.” Aelita said grabbing her friend’s wrist. “It’s not worth it.”

“Calm down.” Nicole said. “We can get her back later.”

“You all better change or else you’ll catch a cold.” Jeremie said. Yumi walked back by herself while Aelita and Nicole watched from a distance.

“Aren’t you going with her?” Ulrich asked.

“She needs space. She looses her temper a lot and normally all she needs is some time by herself.” Nicole said. The boys walked back to their rooms. Nicole and Aelita where headed to theirs when they saw Yumi walking toward them.

“Are you Ok?” Aelita asked, but Yumi walked past them without saying anything.

“Yumi?” Nicole called after her. “Come on Aelita, she’ll be back.”

“I hope so.” Aelita said as they walked back to their room.

The next day, Yumi was still missing. Aelita tried to call her cell, but there was no answer. Nicole and Aelita decided to head down to breakfast and try Yumi’s cell later. They met us with the three boys after they got their breakfast.

“Hey!” Odd called. Aelita and Nicole walked over at sat across from the three boys. “Where’s Yumi?”

“We don’t know.” Aelita said. “She left last night after changing.”

“Where do you think she went?” Ulrich asked.

“Dunno, maybe into town.” Nicole said.

“I don’t think she’s allowed to go into town.” Jeremie said. “Not without permission, I don’t think.”

“That won’t stop her. She breaks rules all the time.” Aelita said.

“Why? She could get expelled.” Odd said.

“We really don’t know why she breaks rules all the time.” Nicole said. “My cousin the devil thinks we were expelled from our old school, but that’s nothing but a rumor.”

“Shouldn’t we look for her? I mean if she’s been gone all night, what if something bad happened?” Ulrich asked. “She is a street fighter, what if she got into a fight?”

“No, we made her promise not to get into street fights. She never goes back on her word.” Aelita said. “She hasn’t fought in a while, she it would be stupid of her to try anyway.”

“Why do you all have a bad rep? I mean, Sissi thought you all were expelled, what’s going on?” Odd asked.

“Ha, I guess people are just all around afraid of us. Sissi might have connections with a few of the girls in our old school who hated us. Yumi used to be all by herself at one point and everyone was afraid of her even the teachers. We started hanging out with her because we where the only ones not afraid of her.” Nicole said.

“Why weren’t you? I mean I’d be afraid if even the teachers where.” Jeremie said.

“She looked lonely.” Aelita said. “We all started hanging out, Nicole and I never used to dress or act like this, but we like ourselves now. People on our old school used to call us the Hex Girls.”

“That was the funniest part! We were together ALL the time. They even started calling Yumi ‘Thorne’.” Nicole said.

“Who are the Hex Girls?” Jeremie asked.

“Jeremie, don’t tell me you never watched Scooby-Doo when you where little.” Odd said. “The Hex Girls are that gothic vampire/witch like chick band.”

“Oh.” Jeremie said. Ulrich stood up.

“Where are you going?” Aelita asked.

“I think we should try to look for Yumi, she might have gotten into trouble.” Ulrich said.

“OK.” Nicole said standing as well. “Me and Aelita will help you. Yumi’s a sister to us, we’re not about to have her get expelled.”

“OK, I’ll look in the park.” Ulrich said.

“Me and Aelita will look around the dorms.” Nicole said.

“Me and Jeremie will check everywhere else!” Odd said then looked at everyone’s trays. “But of course, we can’t let good food go to waste.”

“Change of plans, Me and Aelita will look around the dorms and the school buildings.” Nicole said as Ulrich walked out of the mess hall and toward the park. He walked around being unsuccessful.

Meanwhile, Yumi had been walking around the park, and had fell asleep on one of the benches. Now she was sitting on the rail of the fence dividing the campus and the town.

“YUMI!” She heard someone called her name as she turned to the brown haired boy. “Yumi, I was looking everywhere for you!”

“Well, you found me.” Yumi said jumping off the fence back onto Kadic grass and started walking away.

“HEY! Where are you going?” Ulrich asked. Yumi stopped and turned to him.

“Look, I know when I’m not wanted. I heard what you said last night, if you and your friends want to hate me and my sisters, I don’t care.” Yumi said with coldness in her voice.

“I never said I hated you.” Ulrich said.

“But you where thinking it.” Yumi said. “You and Jeremie, I don’t think you two would have come within a hundred yards of us if it weren’t for your friend Odd.”

“Look, I don’t hate you.” Ulrich said. “It’s a jungle here at Kadic, everyone stays with their group of friends. Odd was new here, I guess that’s why he was nice to you and your friends.”

“Sisters.” Yumi corrected. “All three of us are sisters, maybe not by blood, but we love each other like sisters do.”

“You all are really close.” Ulrich said. “I’ve realized that from the moment you all got here. We’re all paling around, not really friends but we know each other and are getting to be good friends. The real question is why you ran off.”

“I ran off because I was angry at Sissi.” Yumi said, but it seemed like there was more to that.

“That’s not it. Your sisters are worried about you, I know they wouldn’t be this worried unless there was something really wrong.” Ulrich said.

“I’ll only talk if you’ll listen.” Yumi said turning to face him. For some reason Ulrich nodded and yes.

“Come on, there’s a bench in the center of the park that no one visits.” Ulrich said without knowing that he offered it. Yumi nodded as Ulrich led the way. As he sat down on the bench, Yumi sat next to him.

“What do you want to hear?” Yumi asked.

“First off what your feeling right now.” Ulrich said.

“What are you? A therapist?” Yumi asked.

“No, I just want to know what’s going on in your head.” Ulrich said. “How do you feel now, no lies.”

“Lonely.” Yumi said. Ulrich looked over at her. “Like an outcast.”

“Why? You have Nicole and Aelita.” Ulrich said.

“You don’t get it.” Yumi said.

“I know you have Aelita and Nicole and a family that must love you.” Ulrich said not knowing he said the wrong thing. Yumi pulled her knees to her chest and buried her face. Ulrich looked as confused as ever.

“Your wrong.” Yumi muffled sounding as if she was crying. “I don’t have a family.”

“What do you mean?” Ulrich asked.

“My family is gone, they all where killed in a fire when I was little.” Yumi said. Ulrich looked at her, now knowing why she was crying. “I was the only one who survived, people called me a witch because they thought it was the only reason why I lived. They thought I knew black magic and started the fire to kill my family, even though is wasn’t my fault. I was just the only one to blame.”

“I’m sorry.” Ulrich said rubbing her back. “I guess I understand why you became a street fighter, everyone putting you down and you wanted to prove yourself.”

“Yeah. I thought it would work, but I was wrong. My last fight was with a real champ. He was, believe it or not, the only one who didn’t look at me like a was a witch.” Yumi said.

“Who was he?” Ulrich asked.

“He’s name was Benizakura, he was a lot nicer they you would think.” Yumi said.

Yumi’s Flashback (Being told to Ulrich) Yumi’s POV

I was getting ready for a championship match with one of the best fighters in all of Japan, Benizakura. When I walking into the area for the fight he looked at me.

“Your ten years too young to be fighting like this.” He had said. I didn’t care what he was saying, and he seemed to know that. As the battle started, I was able to punch him twice before he jumped near the edge of the area, he was only able to hit me once at it was only the beginning.

“You own me one hit.” He said looking back at me. “I’ll see you later to collect my dept.” He ran out of the area. I remember calling after him. Calling him names and trying to get him to fight me. I didn’t understand why he wouldn’t, so I was furious. I chased after him because I wanted to fight. He ran toward an empty clearing and turned around. I remember being punched so heard that my head was still spinning when I tried to stand up.

“Why do you fight like this? Your too young to be trying to fight to the death.” He said. I tried to charge at him, but he was too fast and he kicked me in the stomach. I didn’t want to loose, so I kept coming at him. I felt myself cough up blood, but I didn’t care. The truth was I was young, I was a 13 year old out here fighting like an 18 year old.

“You fight with dishonor. Your street fighting days are over kid.” He said as he punched me in the jaw, I fell back and hit my head on something heard, and I was sure I passed out. I thought for sure I was going to die, either be killed by Benizakura, or killed for being weak. I woke up in a hospital, Benizakura left a note on the table. It said he didn’t want to kill be because I was too young to be fighting, and he could kill anyone who was fighting for the wrong reasons like I was. No one in my life had done anything as kind as to help me like he did.

End Yumi’s Flash back

“I never went back to fighting like that, instead of sneaking out every night to fight like I used to, I would try pass my classes.” Yumi said. “But that didn’t mean my humiliation ended. A few days after I gave up fighting I met Aelita and Nicole and we’ve been like sisters ever since.”

“You try to solve your problems through fighting.” Ulrich said. “Jeremie said I have a habit of doing that.”

“Not like I had I’m sure.” Yumi said but was shocked when Ulrich answered.

“It wasn’t that different. I picked fights all the time because my father never excepted me.” Ulrich said. “Until I met Jeremie and Odd, I was Kadic’s number one fighter. I still sometimes fight to solve my problems.”

“Tell you what, if you help me break this habit, I’ll help you.” Yumi said.

“Deal.”

This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=334