*Une Ancien Camarade by Kiwi Lee
Summary: An old friend of Odd comes to Kadic
Categories: Seasons > Post-Season 3 Characters: Aelita Hopper, Herb Pichon, Hiroki Ishiyama, Jeremie Belpois, Milly Solovieff, Nicholas Poliakoff, Odd Della Robbia, Sissi Delmas, Tamiya Diop, Ulrich Stern, William Dunbar, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 4605 Read: 47829 Published: May 27, 2008 Updated: May 27, 2008

1. Chapter 1 *Á Paris by Kiwi Lee

2. Chapter 2 *La Camarade by Kiwi Lee

3. Chapter 3 *Le Secret by Kiwi Lee

4. Chapter 4 *Cacher Et Chercher, Secret by Kiwi Lee

5. Chapter 5 *Oú Le Est? by Kiwi Lee

6. Chapter 6 William by Kiwi Lee

7. Chapter 7 *L'hôpital by Kiwi Lee

8. Chapter 8 *Mort by Kiwi Lee

9. Notes by Kiwi Lee

Chapter 1 *Á Paris by Kiwi Lee
Author's Notes:
When you see the * go to the last chapter when i finish it.

"I can't believe he's alive!" thought Ariyu Williams. She had just gotten off the plane with her suitcases. Ariyu was going to visit an old friend that goes to school in France. "I'm glad I learned French." she thought.

      Ariyu got a taxi and went to a local hotel. She got a room and sat her suitcases down on the bed. The 14 year old girl unpack her night clothes and laied down.      "I'll send a day in Paris and then I'll go to Kadic." she though, "I just hope that principal doesn't tell anyone I'm coming."

      (Let me pause the story for a moment. Ariyu(r-j-u) Williams is an American that has just taken her first plane trip. But it's not her first time flying. She can fly up to 70,000 km in the air. Her lungs have been made to deal with little air. She can also shot flames of blue from her hands. She was born with this all, so the guy she coming to meet will be expecting what he sees.)  

     Ariyu woke up with a jolt. She had fallen asleep! She looked at the clock and saw that it said 15:53. "At lease it's only 4:53."  she thought, "But I've sleep most of the day away!" She got off the bed and flew to the bathroom mirror. Flatted down the brown hair that had stuck up while she had slept.  

    She went to the door and went outside. Shut the door and went to the closest shope. It was a book store. She went in and looked.  

     Hours latter Ariyu looked at the clock in there. It said 18:55.  

    "I've got to get back to the *hôtel." she thought. She put the book down. "I've got to wake up at 6:30 to make it at Kadic."

Chapter 2 *La Camarade by Kiwi Lee
Author's Notes:
Like the french? I love french! ;p

The next day Ariyu turned in the key for the room and walked down the road. Found a dark alle and walked down it. Looked to see if anyone was around and jumped into the air.    

   It took about one hour to get to Kadic. Ariyu landed a couple of meters away and walked to the school. The gate was open so she walked right in and went to the principals office.   

   "Hello." Ariyu said to the blond haired secretary. "I'm here to meet the principal."      

 "What's your name?" she asked looking at the computer screen.       "Ariyu Williams."     

  "How do you spell it?"   

    "A-R-I-Y-U."   

   "Here you are." she said. She clicked on something and said, "He's expecting you."

      "Thank you." said Ariyu. She walked in. The principal was looking at some papers.    

   "Excuse me, sir." said Ariyu.   

    He looked up and saw her standing there. The principal motioned her to take a seat in the chair in front of his desk. Ariyu said down and he said, "Welcome to Kadic Academe. You said over the phone that you wanted to see how French schools went, am I correct."  

    "Yes, sir."   

   "I just happen to have a dorm room open. You'll have it all to yourself, unless you would prefer to sleep like some of the students, with a roommate."      "I wouldn’t mind a roommate." said Ariyu.   

    "Ok, I'll put you in room 219. You'll be with a girl named Aelita Stones." He handed Ariyu a key and she grabbed her suitcases.    

   "Thank you." she said. "Do I get a list of my classes or will they be given to me by your secretary?"     

  "I almost forgot." He picked up a sheet from the desk and handed it to her.         Ariyu walked out of the room, suitcases n one hand, list in the other, key in the pocket of her black cargo pants.  

    She got to room 219 and opened the door. Aelita wasn't there. Her stuff was on the right side. Closet next to the window, bed next to that on the wall, and a desk next to that with a computer on it. The screen was black. The other side was just the opposite of that. Ariyu put her stuff on the empty bed and started to unpak.

       When she was done, the bell rang. She looked at the clock. It said it was 16:00. She looked at the list the principal gave her. It said:16:00-

17:00...............................................................*Dineur  

    Ariyu went out of the room and locked the door.   

   When she was in the cafeteria, she grabbed a tray and got her food. Since she didn't know what Aelita looked like, she looked for her old friend.   

    "There he is." she thought. He was sitting by the window eating with his friends. He was sitting next to a brown haired boy that reminded Ariyu of Germany. The girl next to him was a Japanese girl. Short black hair. Dressed in all black. Acrosed the table was a blond boy with glasses, and next to him was a pink haired girl.      Ariyu walked over to the table and stude behind a purple dressed boy and said, "Hi Odd!" 

     Odd Della Robbia almost fell out of his chair. He turned around and said surprised, "Ariyu?"     

 "Well, who does it look like?" Ariyu said sarcastically. She sat in the chair in front of him and put the tray of food down. "What's with the hair up? The last time I saw you, it was down."    

  "I've changed in 5 years." Odd said, "And so have you." looking at her thin scarf tied to the neck.  

    "So how's life after being dead?"   

    "What?!" said the brown haired boy, surprised, "Dead?!"     

 "Ya, dead." said Ariyu, "Five years ago a group of people that lived in front of my house, in America, tried to kill Odd and his parents. At the time they lived next to me. And to shorten the story, Odd got shot in the chest and they had to bring him back to France. I heard that he was killed from that shot. Apparently your real grandma on your dads side doesn’t even know you're alive."   

   "How do you know?" asked the pink haired girl sitting next to Ariyu.   

   "His mom e-mailed my mom."  

    "So," said Odd, "How's life back at home?"   

   "Same as always. "Ariyu said, "Dad's now livin' in Virginia Beach. I'm livin' in Suffolk. Memal's trying to kill herself and Jay's nice. My little cousin’s not the devil and Victoria's living in Wakesvill. How about you?"  

    "A lot’s changed." Odd said, "Dad's Dad. Mom's Mom. And my wall's still there."    

  "They haven't panted over that yet?!"    

   "No. Mom says that's a memory she wants to keep open."  

    "Whatever." she started to eat and Odd said,   

    "Meet my friends, Ulrich, Yumi, Jeremie, and Aelita."    

  "You're Aelita?" Ariyu asked the girl next to her.    

  "Yes."    

  "I'm your new roommate for the month."   

   "Oh." said Aelita, "Ok."    

  "You're not really here to catch up, are you?" asked Odd.  

    "Yes and no." Ariyu said.     

  "What do you mean?" asked Ulrich.   

   "Part, I'm not aloud to tell you. The other part, I can." said Ariyu. "I'm here to find out were a supercomputer is. There's a tv show in america about a virtual world in an old factory. I wanted to know if it's real. And if it is, to ask the people that fight it if I could join. To tell the truth, some one at home is killing my family. My mom's already dead. I ran away and got here. I think it's the virus in that computer's killing them. It left this behind." she pulled out a piece of paper out of her pocket and unfolded it. It had a dot in a circle in a another circle. On the outer circle, it had four lines on it. One on the top, one on the bottom and one on each side of that on.   

   "The eye of Xana." whispered Odd.   

   "The what?" asked Ariyu   

   "We need to tell her." Odd told Jeremie.     

 "No, it's to risky." Jeremie said.  

    "No it's not." said Odd. "She's been threw more than we have."   

   "What do you mean?" asked Yumi.   

   "Show them, Ariyu." said Odd.    

  "Are you crazy!" said Ariyu. "I'm not suppose to show anyone."   

   "You want to fight that thing that's been killing your family, don't you?"  

     "Ya, But....." she stopped and thought, "Ok, after diner go to our room, I'll show you then." She looked down and finished eating. She put her tray up and went to the dorm room, closed the curtains and turned the overhead light on. She sat on her bed and waited.

End Notes:
So..........................
Chapter 3 *Le Secret by Kiwi Lee

Five minuets later the door opened and they came in. First Aelita, then Odd, Jeremie, Yumi and Ulrich. He shut the door behind him and they all found a place to sit.  

     Ariyu got up and said, "Alright, here we go." She closed her eyes and shut and she started to float. A light circled her. Faster and faster it went. Around and around. She started to change. She could feel it. Her black cargo pants changed into spandex. Her pink shirt into a cropped black shirt. Her hair went to white. Her blue eyes went yellow. The light stopped and she floated to the ground. Opened her eyes and saw their faces. All but Odd's were shocked. She put her hand in a fist and thought angry thoughts. How Odd had made her do this. A blue flame engulfed it. She stopped thinking and the flame disappeared.     

  "You happy now." she said. 

     "You haven't finished." said Odd.   

   "Who do you want?"   

   "Do Jeremie."    

   "Ok." she said with a sigh. She sat down and looked at Jeremie hard. Closed her eyes and thought Jeremie. She heard gasps coming from them and opened her eyes.    

  Jeremie was staring at here and said, "Wow."  

    Ariyu got up and looked at Odd. She got a smile on and asked, "You wanna fly?" sounding like the real Jeremie.     

 "You're on." Odd said standing up.  

    She changed back and opened the curtan. "I called, so where?"    

  "The park."    

  "Ok."  

    "What are you guys talking about?" asked Yumi.    

  "Our version of hide and seek." said Odd. He looked at Ariyu and asked. "Did you bring a cd?"   

   "Ya, and a bombox." She grabbed them both and ran out the door behind them.

End Notes:

So i got lazy with this. You try doing all of this at school.

Chapter 4 *Cacher Et Chercher, Secret by Kiwi Lee
Author's Notes:
'm having fun with this

They got to the park and Ariyu sat the bombox on the bench. She put the cd in and hit the play button. It started to play a song called, "Planet Net."  

    "Here's the rules," said Ariyu, "while one song is playing you hide. Once that song is over, who's ever it has to carry around the bombox and look for the hiders. If it sees you, it shouts, I see _____ and you fill in the blank. It doesn’t matter if the person hears it or not, but it's still counted."   

   The cd switched over to, "Angel of Mine" and Ariyu said, "Hide while  "Angel of mine" is playing. When you hear a stop in the songs, you've got to hide because I'll be looking." Ariyu sat down and closed her eyes. "School is out" started to play and she opened her eyes. Picked up the bombox and started to walk around looking. She saw  a movement in the bushes and a piece of purple shirt. "Odd Della Robbia, I see you!"

 Odd got up and said, "Ah." He went to the bench and Ariyu went on looking. She got to a clearing and almost tripped over a manhole. She opened it up to see if anyone was down there.  She saw what looked like pink hair su she followed. Down into the sewer she went. Following who she thought was Aelita. She got about ten meters when something hit her in the head. The bombox dropped and stopped playing. Ariyu hit the ground and the person wrapped her up in a bag. The world started to go black as she tried to breathe. The bag had been doused! She fainted.

Chapter 5 *Oú Le Est? by Kiwi Lee

Odd was sitting on the bench. He couldn't hear the music anymore. Minuet by minuet went by. Soon it had been hafe an hour. Odd got up and decided to go and look for her. Thinking she had gotten lost. He went to the clearing to find the manhole open. He was about to close it when he headed the turn of "Planet Net". He went down there and found the bombox on the ground. He picked it up and went back up the ladder    

  "Ally Ally Okin Free!" Odd shouted. Jeremie came out of the bushes, surprised Odd had called instead of Ariyu. Yumi came next, coming out from behind a tree. Ulrich came crashing down, like he had lost his footing going down the tree. Picked himself up and walked over. Aelita came out and Odd said, "Ariyu's missing." He showed them the bombox and said, "This was down there." He pointed down the manhole.  

    "Why was that down there?" asked Aelita.     

  "I don't know." said Odd, "Maybe she thought some one was down there. How should I know?"

      "Well we've got to find her." said Ulrich. "Before finds out any of us is late."      Odd looked at the sky and saw it start to pinkin. "I'll run back and get Kiwi. He might be able to find her."    

  "Are you kidding, Odd." said Aelita, "Kiwi couldn't find his own tail if it wasn't attached."    

  "Yes he would." defended Odd, "He could find anyone."

      "It's worth a try." said Yumi.  

    Odd ran back to his room while the rest of them went down into the tunnel.       Odd got back with Kiwi and showed him the bombox that his friends had left on the bench.  

     Kiwi sniffed it and started to walk around sniffing the air. The rat terrier stopped. He ran strait for the manhole and barked down tords it. Odd grabbed Kiwi and went down.  

    Once down back on the ground, Kiwi ran tord the factory. Odd grabed his skateboard that was leaning against a pipe and skated after him. His friends all grabbed their wheels and raced after the two.

      Kiwi lead them all the way to the ladder, were he barked upward and waited for Odd to pick him up.

      On the bridge, Kiwi ran to the factory and down the stairs.

       Odd, thinking that he was heading to the lab, went down the rope.

      But Kiwi didn't lead to the elevator. Instead, he went to the boiler room. 

     "HHEELLPP!" a muffled voice cried out.

End Notes:
t's Odd's head. ;)
Chapter 6 William by Kiwi Lee

Ariyu opened her eyes to see a black haired boy. He was dressed in a black shirt over a red on. His jeans were rolled up to see the top of his brown boots. He was close enough to see his eyes had that same weird symbol in them.   

    Ariyu looked around to find herself in a boaler room. She tried to stand up but couldn't move her feet or hands. She felt a tug and guessed that she was tyed up so she wouldn't escape. Her mouth had been taped up, too.  

    The boy was working on the boiler. It looked like he was losing the bolts. She tried to get free, but he had tied her up good. She started to lick the tape over her mouth. She remembered her dog doing the same thing and the sticky stuff stopped working. It tasted terrible, but it was working. She could feel it starting to fall off.   

   Farther off she heard a bark. The black haired boy ran off in the other direction, where a set of stairs were and ran up. She had licked enough off of the tape that she screamed, "HHEELLPP!"  

    She saw a cream colored rat terrier come to her. He jumped on her and started to lick her face and ended up taking the tape all the way off.   

   Odd ran into the boiler room and found Ariyu sitting on the ground with Kiwi.  

     "Kiwi, get off." he said. The dog walked away, trying to get the tape off of his mouth. Odd got to her and started to untie her hands. But the kid had done a good job.  

    "Reach into my bottom right-hand pocket." said Ariyu, "There's a pocket knife that would help a lot."

      Odd unsnapped the pocket and got it out. Snapped it open and cut off the ropes.  

    Yumi, Ulrich and Aelita were standing behind Odd and Ariyu told them, "The kid that took me went up those stairs." pointing to them, "He had black hair, black shirt, and blue jeans."

      "That sounds like William." said Yumi as they ran off to find him.  

    By this time, the sun had set and it was so dark you could barley see the person standing next to you. 

     Ariyu got up and rubbed her hands were the rope had been. She walked over to the boiler that William was messing with, and felt it. The screws holding it together were lose. She felt around for a screwdriver. She found one and tried to tighten it.      

 Odd's phone rang and he said, "Jeremie...Ya, we found her. Yumi, Ulrich, and Aelita went after William.....Ok, we'll be there." He hit the end button and put it in his pocket. "We have to go to the lab." He walked over to the elevator.   

    "What do you mean?" Ariyu asked.   

    "You remember that sign you showed us earlier. It's called the eye of Xana. Xana is a computer virus that...."    

  "...lives inside of a virtual world called Lyoko." interrupted Ariyu.   

    "Yes, how did you know?"     

 "You remember the TV show I was talking about?" Odd nodded hi head and she continued, "It's called Code:Lyoko. It's about a group of kids that find supercomputer and it has a virus inside, but also a girl. They get her out but can't shut down the supercomputer for she's still connected to it. In the end Franz Hopper, the creator if Lyoko, helps them out."  

    Odd pushed the button in the elevator to start it up and they went down to the lab. "What were the kids names?"  

    "Now that you mention it, the same as yours." 

     The elevator door opened to where Jeremie was. Yumi, Ulrich, and Aelita were already there. Next to them, on the floor, was a tied up William. He was struggling but Yumi had done a good job at tying him up.   

   They walked in and Odd was greeted by Kiwi. Who was very happy that the tape was off of his mouth.   

   William had gotten the handkerchief out of his mouth and shouted, "You all have to get out of here."    

  "Why?" asked Ulrich, standing over him.    

  "This place is going to blow!" William said again. "I messed with the boiler and in about 10 minutes, this place is gonna be sky high! You have to believe me!"      "Why would we believe you." said Yumi.   

   "He's right." said Ariyu. Everyone looked at her surprised. "He did mess with the boiler. And he also put a bome on it. I had forgotten that because he did it when I'd first woken up."    

  "Then we've got to get out of here!" said Aelita.    

  Odd grabbed Kiwi, Yumi cut Williams feet free so that he could get up and get into the elevator. Once everyone was in, Odd pressed the up button and the door shut.   

    The elevator stopped when it got to the ground floor and the door opened. They ran to the stairs to get to the bridge but it was too late. 

   "BOOM!"     

The loud explosion shook the whole factory. Fire started to spread. They ran to the stairs. Ariyu stayed at the bottom to make sure everyone was out.    

  "BOOM!" 

     Another explosion. Fire had spread to the bottom of the stairs. Smoke was everywhere.  

    Ariyu, who was still weak from the drug induced bag, fainted from all of the smoke in her lungs.  

    Odd turned around and found her lying on the ground. He ran back to pick her up.     

 "Crack!"

      The stairs fell down and were engulfed in flame.    

  "Great, now how are we going to get up?" Odd asked himself. He got himself and Ariyu in an area that wasn't hit by the flames yet and pulled out his cell phone. He dialed 1-5 and waited.   

   "*Allô, can you tell me your emergence." asked a kind voice on the other end.      "Me and my friend are stuck in the old abandon car factory. The place is falling down and on fire." Odd said with a calmness he didn't feel. "my friend had passed out, and we can't get to the door."    

  "It's ok sir." the woman on the other end said,"People are on the way. Where in the factory are you?" 

     "Next to the elevator in an area that's surrounded by mettle."

      There was silence for a moment as the woman on the other end told the fire chef their location. She came back with, "They are there, but they have to put the fire out by the door, or they'll never be able to get to you." 

     "Thank you." Odd said and turned off the phone. Put the phone in his pocket and got Ariyu in his arms again. He looked at the big opening they called a door and saw water. Then a moment later a man in firefighters gear came down on a rope held by another firefighter. "We're over here!" Odd shouted. 

     The fireman turned around and saw them. Odd got up with Ariyu in his arms. He walked over to the man and he took Ariyu from Odd. He went up the rope and Odd followed.    

  Once out of the burning factory, Odd was checked over by the ambulance, and Ariyu was put on a stretcher. They both went to the hospital.

Chapter 7 *L'hôpital by Kiwi Lee

On the way to the hospital, Ariyu opened her eyes. Odd leaned over her and looked in her eyes. They had put a mask over her mouth and nose so she didn't try to talk. She had burn marks all over her face. Her brown hair had been singed and her clothes were darned by the smoke.   

   Odd looked next to him and saw his refection in a mettle container. His blond hair had ash in it and was down. He had burn marks on his face and hands, and his purple outfit was tattered. The left sleeve was ripped as well.   

   Odd looked at the heart meter for Ariyu. It was beating at about 95. Right now Odd couldn't remember if that was good or bad.    

   The ambulance turned into the hospital and they rolled Ariyu out. They told Odd that he would have to fill out a sheet for both himself and Ariyu. They gave him two clipboards and a pin and he said down in the waiting room. The sheets looked like this.  

    Pations name Ariyu Williams                                             

    Pations age    14          

    Phone  ?                      

   Pations DOB  March 3, 1993                  

Alerges         None                                                                                         Other             Has powers, flying,_____________ transformation, and future sight_____

     He looked at the other sheet and filled it out.    

  Pations name Odd Della Robbia                                            

   Pations age    14                 

  Phone 657-8023          

Pations DOB  September 30, 1993          

Allergie    None                                                                                             Other      _________________________                                                                                                          ____

        Odd looked over both forms and saw a spot he didn't see before.     

 Closest Relative______________________                                                        Relative’s age________________________                    

     Relative’s Phone____________________                                

   For himself he put his parents, but for Ariyu. He had to think of something fast. He put down that she was his adopted sister. He turned in the sheets and looked at the time. 2:00.

"I'm surprised I'm not asleep right now." Odd thought.He decided to call his friends and tell them what happened after they disappeared. Found out Kiwi was now with Ulrich. He hung up and called his house, hoping his mom won't be mad. Then again, she never is.    

   "Hi mom." said Odd     

"Hi, Odd." said his mom sounding hafe asleep, hafe surprised. "Why are you calling at this time of night?"   

   "A building burned down and I was in it."  

    "I hope you're ok."     

"I'm fine mom, but Ariyu wasn't."    

  "Ariyu?" His mom asked. "Oh she's that girl you had a crush on when you were five, right."   

   "Yeah."said Odd, "Oh, if anyone asks, Ariyu's my adopted sister, ok."   

   "Okay," his mom said wearily, "Why? Did something else happen too?"  

    "Her mom's dead and some one was killing the rest of her family, one by one."

      "Tell me the rest later." she said, "I'm gonna wake up dad and we're heading that way now."  

    She hung up so Odd put the phone on the receiver. He sat down for a while in till a nurse came out.  

    "Odd Della Robbia, could you follow me." She lead him down a hallway saying stuff but Odd wasn't paying any attention. She lead him to a room labeled 17 and walked in. He followed and saw Ariyu lying in the bed. He walked over to her.      Ariyu still had the mask on to help her breath. Her heart beat rate was slowing down as each minuet went by. 

     "Hi, Ariyu." Odd whispered, "You've got to pull threw." 

     "I know my future, Odd." Ariyu said weakly, "I saw it before my mom died. Just make sure Xana pays."   

   "He will." Odd said, " He will."  

    "Go to You Tube and type in Code:Lyoko. You'll find out everything you wanted to know about how I knew."She paused to cough and continued, "Don't forget that I will be with you, No matter what." 

     She breathe one more time and then her heart stopped. He tried to stop the tears that wanted out, but he couldn't. He cried and cried. For the first time in his life, that he could remember he cried. But Odd could still hear her. "No matter what."

Chapter 8 *Mort by Kiwi Lee

The next day, Odd and his friends were excused from class. Odd's parents had gottin a hotel near by and stayed there in till the funeral. Aelita packed up Ariyu's stuff and gave it to Odd. He put it with his parents stuff to take back home. They gave Ariyu a funeral and tried to live their life.

      Three weeks after the fire, they went to the factory. Somehow, nothing was damaged. It was like it had never been in a fire.

      "No matter what." Odd could still hear Ariyu say, "No matter what."


      Now it's all just a memory. But every time Odd goes into the factory he always hears Ariyu say, "No matter what."

The End

Notes by Kiwi Lee

   French to English 

 Une Ancien Camarade.................................................................An Old Friend 

 Á Paris..............................................................................................In Paris 

hôtel.....................................................................................................hotel 

 La Camarade..................................................................................Her Friend 

Dineur.................................................................................................Dinner 

 Le Secret......................................................................................The Secret 

 Cacher Et Chercher, Secret………………………..........……..Hide and Seek, Secret 

Oú Le Est?...............................................................................Where is She?

Allô………………………………................................................Hello on a phone 

 L'hôpital.....................................................................................The hospital 

Mort....................................................................................................Death

                                                             Noter(Notes)

·     In France and a lot of other European countries go by what we call military time. That's why the clock in the hotel room and the book store both go by hundreds.

·   The songs "Planet Net", "Angel of Mine", and "School is out" are by the Subdigitals. Those are the first three songs on the Code Lyoko cd. 

This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=341