Shape Shifter by dobermutt
Summary: Jeremy has a dream about part of Xana's secret while at the same time he struggles to over come his virus. Meanwhile, Seth shows his ability to shape shift on Lyoko.
Categories: Ships > Jeremie and Aelita, Ships > Ulrich and Yumi Characters: Aelita Hopper, Jeremie Belpois, Odd Della Robbia, Ulrich Stern, William Dunbar, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Action/Adventure, Mystery, Romance, Suspense
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: A Next Generation
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 4774 Read: 64786 Published: Aug 09, 2008 Updated: Aug 09, 2008

1. The Dream by dobermutt

2. Discussion of Improtance by dobermutt

3. Effects by dobermutt

4. Gym with Jim by dobermutt

5. Face to Face by dobermutt

6. Decisions by dobermutt

7. Another Trip to the Virtual Realm by dobermutt

8. A Plan of Attack by dobermutt

9. The Shape Shifter by dobermutt

10. Under Fire by dobermutt

11. Putting Out the Flames by dobermutt

The Dream by dobermutt
Everything was pitch black, making it impossible to see anything. There was silence for a long time. Not even the sound of wind was heard.

“I know…” a voice spoke out from the dark.

When the voice spoke light shone with every word and then faded again.

“I know where it is…” the voice spoke out again.

“What? You know where what is? Who are you?” this time it was the voice of Jeremy Belpois.

“You know where it is…”

“What are you talking about?!” Jeremy yelled in frustration. “How would I know where, what ever it is you’re talking about, is?! I don’t even know where I am!”

“I will show you…”

Suddenly a bright light flashed and a background was revealed. It looked like another sector of Lyoko…But, there was something different about it. The platforms were a light purple and the sky was black with stars. The digital sea was dark, reflecting the stars. There was only one tower and it had a Xana symbol on it. There were also monsters, unlike anything Jeremy or the others had ever seen.

“What is this?” Jeremy asked the strange voice.

“You know…”

“What?” Jeremy looked confused. “I don’t know.”

“A new threat is rising. There is one thing you know about Xana that is important for the very survival of the world itself. You know…”

“I don’t what you’re talking about!” he screamed even more confused. “Who are you?! What do you want from me?!”

“The source of Xana’s power…You know…”

Everything went back to being black and the image of the mysterious sector vanished.

“Wait!” Jeremy yelled after the light. “What do you mean?!”

Suddenly a beam of light came shooting towards Jeremy.

“Ah!”

Jeremy sat up quickly and discovered that he was still in his bed. The clock said 3:14am. Jeremy gasped a few times to catch his breath.

“It was only a dream…and a weird one at that.”

He pulled out a pencil and some paper, turned on his mini-light and began to sketch out the sector he saw in his dream.

“I don’t if that dream really meant anything,” he said to himself as he wrote on the paper. “But, if it did then I have a feeling it’s going to help me find the answer to this Xana mystery.”

He didn’t go back to sleep after having his strange dream. Jeremy didn’t know what his friends would think about this weird vision he had.
Discussion of Improtance by dobermutt
It was a bright and early Friday morning, Odd, Aelita, Ulrich, and Yumi all were talking to each other. Jeremy walked over to them (more like dragged himself over there). His eyes were red from no sleep but, he had to tell the others.

“Hey Einstein,” Odd said. “Boy, you look like a vampire. Did you even brush your hair this morning?”

“I’m lucky I got dressed this morning,” Jeremy yawned as he spoke.

“Well,” said Ulrich. “At least you brushed your teeth.”

“Are you ok this morning, Jeremy?” Aelita asked. “You look awful.”

“I didn’t sleep,” he answered rubbing his head and closing his eyes.

“Are you worried about something?” Yumi looked at him and then started laughing.

“What’s so funny?” he asked, hoping that he didn’t put his clothes on backwards or something.

“It’s just weird,” she replied, still laughing. “I’ve never had to look up at Jeremy before when I’m talking to him.”

“Oh,” Jeremy looked at her weird. “I thought it was gonna be something important.”

“So Jeremy,” Aelita said. “What kept you up last night? Were you working on something?”

“I had a strange dream.”

“Is that all?” Odd asked. “I have those all the time.”

“Dreams are strange most of the time, Jeremy,” Ulrich told him. “After you wake up from one just start another and go back to sleep. It’s easy.”

“Well,” Jeremy rubbed his head again. “It was about Lyoko and it probably was important.”

“Tell us Jeremy,” Aelita begged.

“Umm…There was this other sector; it was like…a space sector. The sky was dark with stars and the water was also dark. There was only one tower with a Xana symbol on it and light purple platforms. There were also craters and large rocks and mountains. But, the weirdest of all was that there was a voice…it kept saying, ‘You know’.”

“Maybe you’ve been hit in the head one to many times, Jeremy,” Odd said. “Another sector? That’s impossible.”

“It was only a dream,” Jeremy replied.

“Still,” Yumi started. “What if it is important and there is another sector.”

“I guess we’ll have to do some research on this,” said Ulrich.

“We’ve stumbled onto another mystery,” Aelita sighed.

“Come on guys,” Odd said. “Let’s go to breakfast. I heard it was pancakes and hot chocolate.”

They all walked to the cafeteria, Jeremy and Aelita trailed behind the others. “I believe you, Jeremy,” Aelita said. “I think this could be important.”

“You don’t have to believe me,” Jeremy told her. “I don’t really know if I believe it.”

He looked down at the ground as they continued to walk. Aelita sighed and followed.      


Effects by dobermutt
Night came again. Everyone, including Jeremy, was asleep. Aelita opened her eyes and laid there on her back. She started thinking about what Jeremy had said day. But, what was even more important then thinking about what Jeremy said, was thinking about Jeremy himself. She smiled when thoughts came to her mind. Perhaps this was how she fell asleep, but, whatever the reason Aelita thought about him.

It became even later into the night, about 2:27am. Aelita was now fast asleep. Then she woke up as she heard strange noises coming from up stairs in the dorms above her. She speed walked up the stairs and slowed down as the noise got louder. It seemed to be coming from Jeremy’s room. She slowly opened the door. Jeremy was bending over putting one hand on his bed for support and the other on his stomach. Aelita quietly closed the door behind her and rushed over to Jeremy.

Jeremy quickly turned his head toward her. He was taking quick breaths. “Jeremy?!” Aelita asked in concern. “What’s wrong?! Did you have another dream?”

“N-No,” he gasped. “It hurts!”

He yelled and fell to his knees.

“Jeremy!” she rushed over to him and bent down to his face. “You should stop trying to find the rest of that message so you can fix your virus,” she told him.

“I c-can’t,” he replied.

His eyes began to fill with water from so much pain. Aelita’s eyes did the same, but, because she was worried about Jeremy. He fell to the floor and laid there on his back with his eyes closed.

“Jeremy,” Aelita whispered as she bent down to him. “You have to. You can’t take too much of this. You could really damage yourself. Please,” she started crying. “Just find some way to fix it. Maybe I should get Jim…”

“No!” Jeremy grabbed her arm. “D-don’t. They can’t f-fix it. If they f-find o-out they’ll shut d-down Ly-oko…”

He let go of her and laid back down on the floor.

“Oh Jeremy,” Aelita said, still crying.

“Pl-plus I f-found out another p-peace of the m-message,” he hesitated. “What?” Aelita said in a teary voice.

“Xana,” he answered.

“Yes?” she leaned down near his face.

“Xana,” he said again. “H-has a new source.”

The pain burned inside every inch of Jeremy’s body, like a fire that couldn’t be put out.

“Ah!” he screamed, tears rolling down the side of his face, his eyes were still closed. Aelita put her hand on Jeremy’s chest.

“Don’t worry, Jeremy,” she said. “I’ll be here for you, always.”



Gym with Jim by dobermutt
Morning came once again. It was pouring down rain and the wind was blowing really hard. Aelita opened her eyes after being waken up by the sound of the rain.

“Huh?” she looked around and noticed that she was not in her own room. She was on the floor looking around. Aelita turned her head and saw Jeremy lying on the floor on the other side of the room, still breathing hard and his eyes still closed. Just then, Odd walked in the room.

“Hey, Jeremy, it’s time for…Uh?!” he paused when he saw Aelita. “What are you doing?!”

“I was helping Jeremy,” she blushed as she spoke.

“Oh,” Odd said. “What’s wrong with him?”

“It’s the virus,” she replied.

“Well,” Odd looked at Jeremy. “What do we tell Jim?”

“Uh,” Aelita thought for a moment. “I don’t know. You’ll think of something.”

“What?” Odd asked. “You have to show up at gym. Otherwise Jim will suspect that something’s going on with our group.”

“Fine,” she said. “But, we can’t just leave Jeremy on the floor unconscious.” “Forget it, Aelita,” Odd told her. “He’s too heavy for us to carry him. Besides, Jim is waiting for us down in the gym. He’ll be fine.”

They walked down to the gym and stood next to Ulrich and Yumi.

“Where’s Jeremy?” Ulrich whispered to Odd.

“In his room,” he answered.

“Working?”

“Not exactly.”

“Stern!” Jim yelled.

“Oh,” Ulrich looked at Jim. “Here, Jim.”

“Belpois?! Belpois?!”

“He’s not here Jim,” Aelita said.

“Where is he?”

“He’s not feeling well. So, he’s resting.”

“I see,” he replied and then continued calling out names. “Alright,” Jim said. “Today we will be doing various exercises. First we’ll stretch. Everyone…”

Everybody watched as Jim attempted to stretch.

“What a shame that Jeremy had to miss this,” Odd laughed.

“How far has he gone with the message?” Ulrich asked Aelita.

“Uh,” she started. “He’s getting there. But, I think he should focus on fixing his virus before finding the rest of the message.”

“What?” Ulrich said. “That message is important. Jeremy will have time.” “Aelitas right, Ulrich,” said Yumi. “What if you had the virus? Wouldn’t you want it fixed first?”

“No,” he answered. “I would focus on what’s important first.”

“That is important!” Aelita fussed.

“Is there a problem?” Jim asked them.

“No,” said Odd. “We were just stretching.”

“Good. Keep it up.” Jim walked around the rest of the gym as everyone stretched.

“Personally I agree with Ulrich,” Odd told them. “But, it’s really not up to me.”

“We’ll have to ask Jeremy,” Aelita said. “I just hope that he votes with me.” “No doubt that he will,” Yumi assured her.


Face to Face by dobermutt
Jeremy remained unconscious during gym. Meanwhile his mind was somewhere else. Where ever he was, it was dark. Suddenly, a black mist appeared in front of him. It was the only thing he could see, besides his own hands and feet. The mist transformed into the shape of, what seemed to be, a monster with large claws. But, it was still only a shape formed from a cloud like substance.

A red Xana symbol shone on the thing’s head.

“Jeremy,” it called in a creepy way.

“Xana?” Jeremy asked, unsure if it really was the computer in another form. “Ah,” Xana smirked. “I see my virus works.”

“In which way?” Jeremy asked him.

“Your pain and my plan,” Xana replied.

“My pain is the only thing you’ve managed to accomplish, Xana,” Jeremy laughed. “As for your plan, I think you’re far from completing that.”

“How would you know?”

“Because you’re just a multi agent, technically advanced, super calculator,” Jeremy answered. “Oh, and did I mention that you were just an evil computer?”

“What’s your point?!” the computer asked in frustration.

“I thought I was perfectly clear,” Jeremy said. “You are a computer! You can’t rule the world! You’re limited to what you can do.”

Xana was getting even more frustrated.

The giant shadow creature grabbed the dream Jeremy by the neck and pulled him towards his face.

“I’m not limited anymore! Tell me, what did the voice in your dream tell you?! What did it show you?!” he demanded.

“Like I’m going to tell you,” Jeremy hesitated to speak under the powerful grip of Xana. “It’s not important anyways!”

Xana’s grip became harder.

“This is just a dream!” Jeremy yelled. “I won’t tell you anything, Xana! You can bet on that!”

The mist evaporated and Jeremy woke up again.

“Oh,” he sighed. “That was weird.”

He rubbed his neck, which was a little red.

“That seemed so real. I guess my dream must have been important. Now I know that I have to discover the secret to Xana’s plot.”

Jeremy got up off the floor.

“I thought I saw Aelita earlier. What time is it?” He looked at his clock.

“Oh man! I’ve missed the first fifteen minutes of gym class! I should probably go down there and join the rest of the class.”

He was still a little shaky with his hands, as well as when he walked. Jeremy changed into long black pants, a white short sleeved t-shirt, and black and white sneakers then ran out of his room. His head was filled with more confusing thoughts even more now it had been earlier. Why did Xana care what he had dreamed about? Was it something that could lead to the discovery of Xana’s new source? Jeremy finally made it to the gym and walked inside to join the rest of the class.    



Decisions by dobermutt
The bell sounded after an hour of gym class. The rain was still coming down hard. A lot of the students ran outside to get refreshed after running and stretching.

“Jeremy,” Aelita walked over to Jeremy. “How are you feeling?”

“Ok,” he replied, taking deep breathes after all of the running.

“So,” Odd joined them along with Ulrich and Yumi. “Have you asked him yet?” He looked at Aelita as he asked.

“Uh, no,” she answered.

“Asked me what?” Jeremy looked at all of them in a confused way.

“Well,” said Ulrich. “We need to know if you’re going to find the message first or the cure to your virus.”

“What?” Jeremy asked with a straight face and voice. “Come on,” he laughed. “I can do both at the same time.”

“You need to focus on getting one thing done first, Jeremy,” Yumi told him. “Don’t push yourself with trying to find the message, curing your virus, and defeating Xana at the same time.”

“Alright,” he said. “I won’t. So, you want me to choose between the virus and the message?”

“Jeremy,” Aelita said. “You need to fix your virus first. It could be really dangerous to just keep it inside you.”

“Personally I think you should find the message first,” said Ulrich. “Agreed,” Odd sided with Ulrich. “I mean, Aelita had a virus but, she still fought against Xana.”

“That’s different, Odd!” Yumi shouted. “Aelita’s kept her linked to Xana. Jeremy’s just causes him pain!”

“That’s not different!”

Ulrich and Odd argued with Aelita and Yumi. Jeremy stood in the middle of their argument. He rolled his eyes and noticed William coming their way. “Uh, guys,” he started to tell them that William was coming.

Ulrich, Odd, Aelita, and Yumi continued arguing.

“What!?” they all turned to Jeremy with an evil look.

Jeremy backed up in fear that his friends might attack him or something. “William’s coming over here.”

“Oh,” they all stopped and turned towards William.

“Hey guys,” William said. “What cha’ doing?”

“Nothing,” Yumi blushed, embarrassed from arguing so loudly.

“Hey,” William started. “I was wondering if, um, next time you guys go to Lyoko, could I come along? You might need some help.”

“Uhhh…” Aelita paused. “Well,” she looked at everyone else.

“Sure,” Jeremy answered with a smile.

“Cool,” William replied and walked off.

“What?!” Aelita, Odd, Yumi, and Ulrich all turned to Jeremy, who was smiling.

He walked back towards the dorms with the rest of the gang complaining behind him. But, he just ignored them and continued walking, still keeping his smile.




Another Trip to the Virtual Realm by dobermutt
Jeremy continued to have the same strange dream all throughout the week. He thought about it all the time. The dream kept him awake every night, Odd would tease Jeremy about looking like a zombie. Another morning came for Kadic. Everyone was hanging out outside before class started. Aelita, Yumi, Odd, Ulrich, and William were all standing around near a tree.

“Where’s Jeremy?” Odd asked.

“I don’t know,” Aelita answered. “I’m kinda worried about him. Ever since the first time he had that dream he’s been acting a little strange. Plus he hasn’t slept very well, he’s sill trying to find the rest of that message.”

“Is that a good thing?” William looked at them in a confused way.

“Well,” Aelita sighed. “Yes and no.”

“Hey guys,” Jeremy walked over to his friends. His eyes were still a little red.

“Hey Jeremy,” said Ulrich. “What’s up?”

“Nothing much,” he replied and put his hand around his backpack strap. “Well if it isn’t the Lyoko warriors,” Seth came towards their group.

“What do you want?” Jeremy asked and sighed at the same time.

“Nothing,” Seth answered. “I see you have William back with you.”

“So?” Jeremy looked at William and turned back towards Seth.

“Never mind,” Seth laughed. “I just wanted to ask you something.”

“I don’t answer your questions,” Odd told him.

“Not you!” Seth snapped. “Jeremy.”

“What?” he looked at Seth in a weird way.

“Are you afraid of fire?” Seth asked.

“Why?”

“Just wondering,” he said and then walked off.

“Strange thing to ask,” said Yumi.

“Yeah,” Jeremy looked down at the ground. Suddenly a beeping noise came from his backpack.

“What was that!?” he looked around.

“It’s the super scan on your laptop,” Aelita told him.

“Wake up Einstein,” Odd laughed. “It’s time to go to Lyoko.”

“Oh yeah,” Jeremy shook his head and all of his shaggy, blond hair went in his face. “Let’s go.”

So, the group, including William, went to the factory.

“Are you guys ready?” Jeremy asked as he typed on the keyboard. “virtualization.”

Odd, Ulrich, and William landed on Lyoko to join Yumi and Aelita.

“Nice of you to drop by gentlemen,” Aelita laughed.

“Shall we?” Yumi asked.

“Of course,” Ulrich smiled.

“How about those vehicles, Jeremy?” Odd asked.

“Coming right up,” Jeremy answered.

He typed on the keys and the vehicles appeared on Lyoko.

“What about me?” William asked.

“You can ride with me,” Yumi told him.

“Score!” he jumped on the back of Yumi’s Overwing.

Odd got on his Overboard; Ulrich on his Overbike, and Aelita used her wings. All five of them took off towards the tower.      



A Plan of Attack by dobermutt
“There it is,” Odd pointed to the tower as he rode on his Overboard.

“Next stop, the tower,” Ulrich said.

“Not quite,” Jeremy told them. “Xana’s sent some monsters after you and Seth.”

“No worries Einstein,” Odd laughed. “We’ll get him this time.” “Hopefully,” Jeremy sighed.

“After two years, I’m ready to get back at Xana,” said William.

“Good to hear that,” Yumi smiled.

“Don’t let them get to the tower,” Seth told his monsters. “Megatanks stay here, everyone else move forward!”

The Krabs came up closer to the vehicles which Odd and the others were ridding on.

“Open fire!” Seth shouted.

All the monsters began shooting.

“Great,” Ulrich sighed. “Three Krabs, two Megatanks, and Seth. This is not going to be easy.”

“Got any good ideas, William?” Odd asked.

“Ummm…” William looked at Odd. “Run?”

“Fall back!” Aelita instructed.

Everyone turned their vehicles around and headed towards an iceberg. They stopped when they got behind the icy rock and hopped off their vehicles.

“We need a plan of attack,” Odd said. “Hey Jeremy, how do things look on your side?”

“Ok for now,” Jeremy replied. “Xana hasn’t done anything on earth yet.” “Lets hope it stays that way for a while,” said Yumi.

“What are we gonna do?” Ulrich asked. “Xanas right in front of us, blocking our way to the tower.”

“Like Odd said, we need a plan of attack,” Aelita said. “Got any suggestions, Jeremy?”

“Well,” Jeremy answered. “You can always force your way through.”

“I like that plan,” Ulrich said.

“Me too,” Odd agreed.

“That was just a suggestion, guys,” Jeremy sighed. “Give me time and I’ll see if I can come up with something else.”

“How much time do you think we have?” Aelita asked.

“Not a lot,” he laughed. “Seth and his ugly army are waiting for you.”

“So we’ve noticed,” said William. “We just need a distraction of some kind.”

They all turned towards Odd.

“What!?” he yelled. “No way! I refuse!”

“Come on, Odd,” Yumi begged. “You’re the best one at being distracting.” “Oh!” Odd laughed. “Am I?” he asked sarcastically. “Am I the only one?” “Well,” Aelita looked around. “Pretty much.”

“Fine,” Odd sighed. “I’ll do it.”

“Great,” Aelita smiled. “Ok, here’s the plan…Odd will fly out on his Overboard and Ulrich and William will run after Seth once he’s distracted. Yumi and I will defeat monsters on the way to the tower.”

“Excellent,” Ulrich said. “I like it, Aelita.”

“Thank you, Ulrich,” she smiled again.

“No time to waste,” William said.

“Right,” Yumi nodded. “Xana could attack on earth at any second. Like William said, no time to waste!”


The Shape Shifter by dobermutt
“Ready?” Odd asked the others.

They all nodded.

“Here we go!”

He ran out towards Seth and his army of monsters. All of the beasts opened fire as soon as the purple cat man was in sight.

“Ah!”

Odd screamed and began to run on all fours. His claws dug into the ice, chipping up pieces every time he lifted his hand.

“Great,” Ulrich sighed. “He forgot his Overboard.”

“Oops!” Odd laughed. “My bad!”

“I’ll say,” Yumi sighed.

“Oh well, this is amusing,” Seth laughed as he watched Odd run from the lasers, “They’re not very good at distracting but, they are dumb to watch. Alright,” he turned to the others, totally ignoring Odd, “Time to show you the real power of Xana!”

Suddenly, Seth transformed into a giant, dragon-like creature with huge, sharp teeth and a Xana symbol on his head. His eyes were pure red and the claws were extremely long.

“Uhhhhh….” Odd stood there, stunned. “What just happened here?”

“I don’t know, but we better…Run!!”

Ulrich lead the way as everyone ran with Seth right behind them.

“What is that?” Jeremy asked, confused.

“It’s big, and black, and it’s coming for us!” William shouted.

“This could be a problem,” Jeremy sighed and looked at his computer. “Ahhh!” Odd let out a girly scream.

His face became red from sweating and running. Seth opened his mouth, his long dragon muzzle almost at their heels.

“No, no, no!” Odd hustled a little faster.

“Hang on guys,” Jeremy began typing on the keys, “I’m sending you your vehicles.”

“This is worse than the Kolossus,” Yumi said.

“Ah,” Odd gasped at the site of the virtualized vehicles, “Relief.”

“Don’t hold your breath yet, Odd,” Ulrich told him, “He’s coming up faster!”

They all hoped on their vehicles, William jumped on with Yumi, and drove as fast as they could. Aelita flew ahead with her bright pink wings.

“This is crazy,” William said.

“I’ll say,” Yumi nodded.

“Any solutions, Einstein?” Odd asked.

“I’m working on it,” Jeremy answered. “Give me a second.”

He typed on his keyboard; determine to find a way to beat Seth.

“Try anything you can think of,” he told them. “Aim for the Xana symbol or something.”

“If you say so, Jeremy,” Aelita said.

“Right,” Odd turned his overboard towards the flying monster. “I’ll try to stall it.”

Zooming at even faster speed, Odd went straight forward; his laser arrows ready to be fired.

“For Lyoko!” Laser arrows flew towards Seth’s head; and one by one they were reflected.

“Oh drat…”

Seth’s mighty claw came up and smacked Odd in the face.

“Uhhh!”

Odd went flying, but he wasn’t de-virtualized.

“Odd!” Ulrich saw Odd land on another platform a couple of miles away. “This is great,” he sighed. “Hurry up, Jeremy!”


Under Fire by dobermutt
“I’m going as fast as I can,” Jeremy told them. “Odd, are you alright? You have five life points left.”

“Yeah,” Odd’s voice came through the speakers, “I’m fine.”

“How do things look on your end, Jeremy?” Aelita asked.

“Xana has been pretty quiet so far,” Jeremy answered, “Wait…”

He looked at the temperature monitor on the bottom of the computer screen. “The room temperature seems to be…rising.”

“That’s bad, right?” Odd asked.

“Umm….yes,” Jeremy replied. “Hold on a second, I’m gonna run a scan through the factory to see if there’s anything going on.”

His finger hit the “enter” key and the screens of the different rooms of the factory appeared.

“This does not look good,” he sighed. “Xana has created a fire monster,” Jeremy told everyone on Lyoko. “It looks just like the one in my dream…” he whispered to himself, “Only made of fire.”

“Right then,” William said, “Monster or no monster, we’ll hurry up and de-activate the tower quickly.”

“That’s the spirit, William,” Yumi smiled.

“Agreed,” Ulrich nodded, “We’re not cowards! Let’s show Xana that we’re Lyoko warriors! And we’re not to be messed with.”

They turned their vehicles around towards Seth.

“Like Odd said, ‘for Lyoko’!” They all prepared their weapons and zoomed closer towards the beast.

“Be careful, guys,” Jeremy told them.

Then he got up from his chair and looked around the room.

“It would really be a in my favor if I could find a fire extinguisher in this old factory; though I doubt it would do me any good against Xana today.”

“This isn’t working!” Ulrich yelled while dodging blows from the monster’s claws.

“Got a better idea?” William asked, also dodging strikes.

“Not really.”

“Me neither.”

Suddenly Jeremy heard the sound of sizzling fire. He quickly turned to see a massive fire beast with a Xana symbol on its head. It let out a huge, terrifying roar and came at Jeremy.

“Gotta go!” Jeremy hopped up and ran out of the lab.

Xana turned and ran after him.

“Are you afraid of fire?”

The voice of Seth ran through Jeremy’s head as he sprinted for his life. “How ironic!” he panted and gasped for air as he looked for Xana. “I don’t mind fire…But this is crazy! Well, I’m safe; for now. I just hope the others can hold on.”

Jeremy felt a sudden shiver go through him and then…he heard the voice of Xana.

“I will find you.”
Putting Out the Flames by dobermutt

“Ahhh!” Odd jumped out of the way before being hit.

“This is stupid!” Ulrich yelled in frustration. “We’ve got to get Aelita to the tower now!”

“Agreed,” William nodded his head.

“We’re Lyoko warriors aren’t we?” Yumi asked the others. “So, let’s show Xana that we aren’t going to back down now!”

They all ran out towards Seth; each holding their weapons in the air or charging their projectiles.

Seth growled and came at them head on.

“Super sprint!”

“Laser arrow!”

“Energy Field!”

All of them released their attacks on him. Seth reared back from the impact. “Yaaa!”

Yumi threw her fans at the creature; both of them did little damage.

“My turn.” William raised his sword and ran towards Seth.

“For Lyoko!”

He swung his heavy sword at the dragon’s head. All of the force made Seth go flying backwards, turning back into a human. He landed next to a rock and rubbed his head.

“How?!” he growled. “I was invincible! Unbeatable! Huh…At least I’m not gone. So the fight continues…Arrgghh!”

He was de-virtualized after a few laser arrows were fired at him.

Odd blew some air at his finger like it was a gun.

“Odd does it again!”

“Good job, Odd!” Aelita winked at him and ran into the tower.

Odd smiled at Ulrich.

“Psh,” Ulrich rolled his eyes. “Ladies man.”

“Nice job, William,” Yumi laughed.

“Well thanks, Yumi.” He said.

Jeremy was trapped in a corner with Xana lunging at him.

“Code…Lyoko.”

The tower turned from red to white. Xana evaporated and Jeremy sighed in relief.

“Way to go guys,” he laughed under his breath.

They all sat around in the lab after being brought back to earth.

“Well, he’s not invincible, but he’s not a piece of cake,” Ulrich said with concern.

“I’ll have to look into this whole…shape shifter thing,” Jeremy sighed.

“You and what time?” Aelita laughed.

“Yeah,” Odd said. “We’ve been fighting Xana for a couple of months now. I’ll be glad when winter break is here.”

“It’s only one week away,” William encouraged Odd.

“I can’t wait either,” Yumi agreed.

“To tell you the truth, neither can I,” Jeremy smiled and rubbed his head.

“I can wait,” Ulrich mumbled. “I have to see my dad.”

“Cheer up, Ulrich!” Odd laughed and gave a big smile. “We accomplished a lot today. A little break won’t hurt; even if it is with your dad. We’ve got each other and our little group, that’s all that matters.”

 

*End*

End Notes:
Meh, hopefully this one was a little better than the ast two. My main goal was to show Xana and his power. I am finishing up the next story, so, be ready. And, as always, thanks for reading my fan fiction. ;D
This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=353