Power Surge by dobermutt
Summary:

Aelita helps Jeremy find another piece of the message. They discover that it is located in a super computer in South Korea. Jeremy rebuilds the Skid and the group goes to find the message and destroy the Replika. But, Xana is waiting for them.

Episode #104


Categories: Ships > Jeremie and Aelita, Ships > Ulrich and Yumi Characters: Aelita Hopper, Jeremie Belpois, Odd Della Robbia, Ulrich Stern, William Dunbar, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Action/Adventure, Mystery, Romance, Suspense
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: A Next Generation
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 6097 Read: 25290 Published: Aug 13, 2008 Updated: Oct 01, 2008

1. New Discovery by dobermutt

2. Rebuilding the Skidbladnir by dobermutt

3. Sink or Swim by dobermutt

4. In the Middle of Nowhere by dobermutt

5. Hide and Seek by dobermutt

6. Keys, Codes, and Downloads by dobermutt

7. Going For Time by dobermutt

8. Unlocking Secrets by dobermutt

New Discovery by dobermutt
Large drops of rain smashed against the window. Jeremy continued to work, even with the loud noise of the rain. It had been raining all week at Kadic and was suppose to continue to rain throughout the next week. But, no matter the weather, Jeremy was determined to recover his documents. Odd sat on Jeremy’s bed and just starred at the little cars racing around on his DS game. Ulrich sat next to Odd and continued finishing up his homework. Yumi was helping Ulrich and Aelita was watching what Jeremy was doing. Other than Odd’s game and the rain, it was quiet.

“Oh,” Odd sighed. “I got a game over.”

“That’s not unusual,” Ulrich laughed.

“Hey! I’m good at video games, Ulrich,” Odd fussed.

“It depends,” Yumi said.

Odd went red in the face. “You guys are so mean!”

“No, they’re just truthful,” Jeremy laughed.

Odd turned back to his game and the room became silent again. Hours past and everyone was asleep in their own room. Jeremy continued working until he finally fell asleep at his computer desk. Jeremy turned his head at the sound of the rain hitting the building. He quickly woke up and noticed that he was in his bed. He looked at his computer and saw Aelita sitting there, doing research.

“Hope I didn’t scare you too much, Jeremy,” she smiled.

“No,” he answered.

“I thought you could use a brake.”

“How…How long have you been in my room?”

“Only a couple of minutes,” she replied.

“Oh,” he sighed, still a little sleepy, and rubbed his head.

“But, I found something, Jeremy,” Aelita told him.

“What is it?”

“A piece of the missing message,” she said.

“Really?” Jeremy got up in excitement. “What does it say?”

“Well,” Aelita looked away from him. “I’m not really sure. I found the location of it.”

“Go on,” Jeremy looked at her and then back at the computer.

“It seems as if Xana has stolen your documents and the Franz Hopper message and hidden them in super computers all over the world. The one I found is in some ruins in South Korea. We’ll have to get there through the network.”

“Great!” Jeremy said. “The only problem is that I’ll have to reprogram the Skid.”

“Do you remember how to do that, Jeremy?” Aelita asked.

“It’s not rocket science, Aelita. Of course I do. It’ll be a piece of cake.”

“Hey guys!” The high pitched voice of Odd could be heard over the rain. “Isn’t it a lovely morning? You know, you can hear the birds and see the sun shine.”

“Your trip to the park was canceled, wasn’t it?” Jeremy sighed.

“Yes!” Odd sobbed. “Nothing can make up for it.”

“How about a trip to Lyoko and then to the ruins of South Korea?” Jeremy asked.

“Nothing can make up for it…Except for that,” Odd smiled.

“Did I just hear you say ‘trip to Lyoko’?” Ulrich asked as he, and Yumi, walked into the room.

“I did,” Jeremy laughed.

“Well then, what are we standing here for?” Yumi said. “Let’s go!”
Rebuilding the Skidbladnir by dobermutt
     “First thing’s first,” Jeremy sat down in his chair and looked at the super computer. “We have to rebuild the Skidbladnir.”

     “Uh…But that could take days, Jeremy,” Odd complained.

     “Odds right, Jeremy, couldn’t you just teleport us there like last time?” Ulrich said.

     “I’m afraid not guys,” Jeremy sighed. “Since your last trip to the replica, Xana has blocked my access to the program of teleportation. So, if you guys want to find any of that message and my documents, I suggest that you just wait until I finish rebuilding the Skid.”

     “Sounds fair,” Yumi said. “Come on guys, let’s go back to Kadic and wait until Jeremy and Aelita have finished.”

     Yumi, Odd, and Ulrich left to the elevator, while Jeremy and Aelita stayed to work on the Skid.

     “They’re rebuilding the Skidbladnir?” William asked. He was sitting across from Odd and Ulrich during lunch, Yumi was next to him.

     “They sure are,” Odd said with his mouth full of food.

     “Odd,” Ulrich looked at him with a weird face.

     “What?” Odd asked.

     “Just swallow already.”

     Odd took a big gulp and turned to Ulrich. “Better?”

     “Much,” Ulrich smiled.

     “So, how long do we have to wait?” William asked.

     “As long as it takes Mr. and Mrs. Einstein to finish,” Yumi told him.

     Ulrich and Odd just laughed.

     “’Mr. and Mrs. Einstein’,” Odd laughed. “Ha ha! Good one, Yumi.”

     “That’s…Ha ha!...Hilarious…Ha ha!” Ulrich laughed harder the more he thought about it.

     “Ha ha…Ok guys,” Yumi said. “It really wasn’t all that funny.”

     “Sure it was,” William smiled at her.

     Yumi turned red and looked away. Ulrich stopped laughing and hit Odd, who was still laughing.

     “Ow!” Odd looked at Ulrich. “What was that for, Ulrich?”

     “Stop laughing, doofus,” Ulrich told him. “It’s not funny anymore.”

     “Oh right,” Odd coughed. “Sorry.”

     “So anyways,” William said. “I hope it doesn’t take long.”

     “Me too,” Yumi agreed.

     Just at that moment, Ulrich’s phone rang.

     “Hello?” Ulrich answered. “Oh hi, Jeremy. Yeah? Already? Ok, we’ll be there.” Then he hung up his phone. “Jeremy wants to know who’s brave enough for a deep sea dive.”

     Odd got out of his seat and rushed to the door. He stopped, turned around and came back to the table.

     “Forgot my lunch,” he laughed.

     Ulrich sighed at Odd and walked to the door as well. Yumi and William followed. Jeremy and Aelita had just finished rebuilding the Skidbladnir.

     “Oh, there you guys are,” Jeremy turned around to see the others in the elevator. “I was beginning to get a little worried.”

     “’A little?’” Aelita laughed.

     “Anyways,” Jeremy said. “Better get ready. You guys are gonna go for a little swim.”
Sink or Swim by dobermutt
“Everyone ready?” Jeremy asked Odd, Ulrich, and William as they stepped into the scanners.

     “Ready,” Ulrich replied.

     “Here we go,” Jeremy typed on his keyboard and sent them to sector 5.

     Odd, Ulrich, and William all landed in the round, blue and white room. Aelita and Yumi were waiting at the exit for them.

     “Ready to go?” Yumi asked.

     “You bet,” William said in an excited tone.

     “Then let’s go,” Aelita laughed.

     Everyone ran behind Aelita to the docking area. And there they saw it, the Skidbladnir. It was just the way the group (other than William) remembered it; big, blue, and beautiful. William stood in awe of this giant ship.

     “This is amazing,” he said.

     “Glad you’re impressed,” Jeremy laughed. “Inside is even more amazing, so, why not go check it out?”

     Everyone got on their teleportation spots.

     “Alright,” Jeremy typed on the keyboard again. “Ready? Energize.”

     Aelita landed in the driver’s seat and everyone else went to their usual places.

     “Oh,” William looked around in his nav-Skid. “This is so cool!”

     “Hang on tight everyone,” Aelita told them. “We’re going out!”

     “Woo hoo!” Odd cheered as Aelita floored it with the Skid. “I didn’t know we could go that fast,” he said. “But I like it!”

     “You like anything that you think is dangerous, Odd,” Ulrich laughed.

     Jeremy laughed as he watched the radar on the right side of his computer screen. “It was Aelita’s idea,” he told Odd. “More speed. Of course, I don’t see the harm in that. And so, what the heck, you guys can now go faster.”

He laughed some more and then stopped.

     “Well, what do you know?” He looked at the radar once more. A couple of red lights were coming up closer to the Skid. “Here come some of Xana’s monsters. Keep a sharp eye out.”

     “Right,” Odd laughed. “Anybody got a pencil sharpener? This way I can have a sharp eye.”

     “Oh, save it, Odd,” Ulrich sighed. “Well Aelita? How about letting us take care of these guys?”

     “Alright,” Aelita laughed. “Nav skids away.”

     The tiny ships flew away from the Skid as Ulrich, Odd, Yumi, and William went to battle. Jet streams were all that remained when the nav Skids went by. Ulrich closed in on one of the first sea monsters.

     “Alrighty little sea beast, that’s as far as you go today,” he said.

     Ulrich launched two missiles at the monster and zoomed away as the beast exploded.

     “That’s one down. Jeremy, how many are there?”

     “Umm…At least three left,” Jeremy answered.

     “Perfect!” Odd said, “One for each of us. Now watch my mad skills, Ulrich.”

     He flew through the digital sea, aiming for one monster. Zooming through water, past poles, and avoiding lasers, Odd got his missile ready.

     “Alright you little pest…”

     Woosh! Two missiles flew from the front of his nav Skid; the first one missing the monster by only an inch, the second, a direct hit.

     “Gotcha!” Odd cheered.

     “Nice job,” Jeremy said. “Alright guys, two more left. The faster we handle this the faster we can get to some real fun.”

     “No worries, Jeremy,” William laughed. “I’ve got this one.”

     “Psh,” Ulrich rolled his eyes. “He’s got spirit, I’ll give him that.”

     “Maybe he’s not that bad, Ulrich,” Odd told him.

     William zoomed out after one of the remaining monsters. The other monster came at the nav Skid’s side. William quickly pulled up before the beast rammed him. He went back down when the monster slammed into the pole and evaporated. The other monster began firing lasers at him. A few twirls and spins were all William needed to avoid being hit.

     “Say goodbye, Xana.”

     William came right on top of the monster and fired a single missile. Pow! The creature followed its friend and evaporated into waves.

     “Well,” Jeremy said. “That takes care of that. Nice job, William.”

     “Nav Skids in.”

     Aelita rotated the control stick to bring the little ships back to the Skidbladnir. After they were all attached, Aelita drove off to the replica.

 

 
In the Middle of Nowhere by dobermutt
     Aelita docked the ship next to a tower in the dessert replica.

     “So Einstein,” Odd laughed. “Who’s going and who’s staying?”

     “Ummm…Any volunteers?” Jeremy asked as he rubbed his head, playing with his blond hair.

     “Oh, oh! Send me, send me!” Odd yelled in excitement.

     “Yes please, send him away,” Ulrich whined.

     “Would you like to join him, Ulrich?” Jeremy laughed again.

     “What?! No way! I just want him to go away for a little while, that’s all.”

     “Anyone else?”

     “I’ll go,” William spoke up. “I don’t remember going. So, I think it would be kinda fun.”

     “Good luck,” Yumi told him, “you too, Odd.”

     “Ah, when am I not careful?” Odd laughed.

     “All the time,” Ulrich mumbled.

     “Ok,” Jeremy interrupted. “Before this gets out of hand. Teleportation Odd. Teleportation William.”

     In a flash of light, Odd and William disappeared.

     “Can you guys hear me? Say something,” Jeremy spoke to the two ghost figures as they landed in their destination.

     “We’re good, Jeremy,” Odd replied. “We’re in South Korea…I think.”

     “Not very good at geography, huh Odd?” William laughed.

     “What? I thought that was called geometry…Oh man.”

     “Ok, focus people,” Jeremy sighed. “There should be a base located in the northern part of the forest. Go and have a look. Aelita, how are things looking on your end?”

     “We’re fine, Jeremy,” she answered. “Just make sure you keep an eye on that radar.” Aelita just laughed and then just stopped and smiled.

     Jeremy laughed. “Come on, Aelita, would I ever let you down?”

     “Uh…” Odd’s voice came up in Jeremy’s headphones. “I think we found the base. What now, Einstein?”

    “Well,” Jeremy replied. “Go have a look around, I guess.”

     “Ok.”

     Odd and William approached the base door slowly. Odd reached for the handle and pulled lightly to open it. Creak. The door didn’t open. Odd pulled harder; still nothing. He pulled with all his strength until William joined to help. The door didn’t budge an inch.

     “Uh, Jeremy,” Odd panted. “The door seems to be stuck.”

     “There must be a key or pass code to get in,” Jeremy sighed. “Hang on one second, Odd. I’ll try to figure out the problem. How are you guys doing on your end, Aelita?”

     “We’re fine, Jeremy,” Aelita answered.

     “Maybe a little bored though,” Ulrich laughed.

     “Anything yet?”

     Odd’s high, squeaky voice came over Jeremy’s intercom. Jeremy ignored him for a moment and continued typing.

     He finally spoke.

     “Um, Odd, it seems that all you need is a key…Or an easier way in. Have a look around, it can’t be that hard to find.”

     “Says the guy sitting at the computer,” Odd sighed. “Jeremy, this might take a while…We’re kinda in the middle of nowhere. It’s all jungley and, ha ha, well, isolated. This base has probably been here for a couple of years.”

     “I’ll take that as a yes, Odd. Good luck finding that key,” Jeremy laughed.

     “Right,” Odd put his head down and sighed again. “He missed everything I just said, didn’t he?” He turned to William.

     “No,” William laughed. “Let’s just look for that key.”

     Odd and William looked through the jungle; turning over rocks and leaves in search for the key. At least ten minutes went by, still nothing.  Aelita, Ulrich, and Yumi sat in the Skid and waited. Everyone was silent, until Jeremy’s voice came over the intercom.

    “Aelita, Ulrich, Yumi, you have some monsters heading your way.”

     “No problem,” Ulrich laughed. “Finally, we can do something.”

     “Ah!” Odd fused. “I can’t find that stupid key! Jeremy, is there any way to virtualize a metal detector?”

     “No, Odd. I’m afraid not,” Jeremy answered.

     “Well this is just great. Out in the middle of nowhere and…” Odd sat down and heard a clank. He quickly stood up and used his cat paws to claw away the branches and dirt. There, on the rock, was a dusty old key. Odd laughed.

     “I don’t believe it!”

     “You found it?” William asked as he walked back over to Odd.

     “Here it is. Hey Jeremy, I found the key.”

     “That’s great news, Odd,” Jeremy said. “Now hurry up and get into that base.”

     Odd and William ran back through the jungle to get to the base. After hiking over rocks, passing by trees, and paddling through a river, they finally made it back. They walked to the front and Odd held the key.

     “Here goes nothing.”

     He fit the key into the rather large key hole and turned it as far right as it would go. It made a click sound. Odd pushed on the door. Nothing happened. It didn’t even creak an inch.

     “Well,” Odd sighed. “That really was nothing.”

     “Maybe you turned it the wrong way,” William said.

     “Maybe I did,” Odd perked his big purple cat ears and went back over to the large door. He reached for the key again, this time turning it as far left as possible. Click. Odd pushed on the door again. This time, it opened.

 

 

 

 
Hide and Seek by dobermutt
Ulrich rushed using his super sprint to zoom towards the krabe that was firing at him.

     “Impact!”

     Boom! The krabe was taken down. Aelita and Yumi were busy fighting off hornets while Ulrich finished taking on the krabes. Meanwhile, William and Odd snuck their way through the base, one hallway after another, each looking the same. Rusty metal walls stretched from the ceiling to the floor; which were also metal. Only five or six lights lit up the pathway for each area in the base. Odd and William felt like they were going in circles.

     “Jeremy,” Odd sighed. “I don’t think we’re getting anywhere. Each room and hallway looks the same. Where is this computer?”

     “Give me a second, Odd, and I’ll find out. Ok?”

     Jeremy typed as fast as he could, searching for the computer. An alert came up after the search was completed, saying that no computers were found. Jeremy mumbled under his breath and did the search again. The second results were the same. Jeremy did a scan for viruses and then got back to Ulrich and the others.

     “How are you guys holding up?”

     “Well,” Ulrich sounded out of breath as he spoke. “I would say fantastic, but I’m not a lair. These guys just keep coming! And I have a feeling we might see tall, dark, and creepy soon. Have Odd and William found that stupid computer yet?”

     “I was running a search for it…Nothing came up. Xana must have blocked my scanner. And now it says that it’s detected a virus in my search program. Ugh! This can’t get any worse.”

     “Uh, Jeremy,” Odd’s voice came into Jeremy’s ear. “Tall, dark, and creepy is here.”

     “Guess Ulrich was right,” Jeremy sighed and then spoke to Odd. “Hang in there, Odd and William. Hide or do something else to avoid him. I’ll have to find the computer manually.”

     “Alright, Einstein.”

     Odd and William snuck through the base again. This time even more carefully though. Seth walked quietly through the hallways in search of them. He carried his sword with the blade slung over his shoulder. His bright red Xana eyes examined ever inch of the base. Still, Odd and William remained hidden, for the time being.

     “Gah! I can’t find that computer! Oh, darn it…more krabes,” Jeremy sighed as he switched his microphone to talk to Ulrich. “Ulrich, you’ve got more company.”

     “Oh great,” Ulrich sighed. “Man, Xana is like a genie or something. When you wish for action you’d better be careful. This is more than I asked for.”

     “Energy field!”

     Bang! Another hornet exploded from Aelita’s impact.

     “What? You mean there are more of them? This is getting ridiculous!”

     “Oh, it passed ridiculous a long time ago, Aelita,” Yumi sighed.

     “Jeremy,” Odd’s high squeaky voice came into the head piece again. “How’s that search going? I don’t know how much longer we can keep hiding.”

     “Uh…Just a few more minutes, ok Odd? I have to do the search myself because my program has a virus.”

     “Personally, I don’t like hide and seek,” Odd whined, “Especially not with Xana.”

     “Well,” said William. “As long as we don’t get found, there’s no harm in the game.”

     “True.”

     “Ok, ok,” Jeremy said to them. “I think I’ve found it! Eh, Odd, William, the room in which I think the computer is located is south of your current position. Head down the hallway that you are in and then turn left into the third hallway down.”

     “Ok, down and then left?” Odd asked.

     “Exactly.”

     “Oky doky,” Odd laughed and then ran down the hallway with William.

     “Ouch!”

     Ulrich slid across the floor after being hit by a laser.

     “Ugh! This is stupid! Jeremy, how much longer?”

     “Not too much I hope,” Jeremy responded.

     “Ok Jeremy,” this time William’s voice came into his ear. “We made it to the room.”

      “Do you see a computer?” Jeremy asked and crossed his fingers, hoping that he was right.

     “Yeah, there’s a computer in here.”

     “Great! If you can find its number code and send it to me, I can retrieve the message. And then you guys can blow it sky high!”

     “Sounds like fun,” Odd laughed.

     He walked over to the computer with William and stared at it. It looked old enough. But, when the lights flashed across the screen it was like something out of Star Wars. Piles of data scrolled across the large computer screen and then stopped. Two icons appeared on the right hand side of the desktop. One said “Admin” the other said “Classified”. William dusted off the mouse and put his hand on it. He moved the pointer to the top right of the screen and clicked on the folder labeled “Admin.”

 

 

 

 

 
Keys, Codes, and Downloads by dobermutt
“Oh great,” William sighed. “We need a password.”

     “If I were a South Korean secret military agent, what would my password be?” Odd asked. He put his finger to his mouth and shifted his eyes towards the ceiling in thought.

     “Any ideas, Jeremy?” William asked.

     “Give me a second,” Jeremy rapidly typed on his keyboard. “Let’s see if I can hack this.”

     Odd tapped his foot up and down as he waited for Jeremy to say something. “Well…Anything?”

     “Uh, nothing yet,” Jeremy answered. “William, try the manufacture date. Maybe that will work.”

     William had Odd read the date on the back of the monitor, as he typed the numbers into the password slot. Then he pushed the rusty “enter” key. It took the computer only a few seconds before it came up with “Incorrect password.”

     “Wow! For an old computer it runs pretty quickly,” said Odd.

     “Alright guys,” Jeremy spoke to Odd and William. “I found a code, it’s a couple of numbers…They stand for something. But, the only problem is I don’t know what.”

     “Well, give us the numbers Einstein. We’ll try to figure this out.”

     “Ok. The numbers are, 20, 15, 23, 5, and 18.”

     “Eh, maybe this is harder than I thought,” Odd complained. “Got any ideas, William?”

     “Hmmm…Let me think,” William answered as he placed his finger against his mouth.

     “I’ll ask Aelita and come back to you guys,” Jeremy said. He switched his speaker to Ulrich and the others. “Aelita?”

     “Jeremy? Oh, what’s taking so long?” she asked as she avoided monsters and lasers.

     “We have a bit of a problem. The message is locked in a computer folder and we need a password. I found it, however it’s all in a number code. Think you can help?”

     “I can try. Give me the number code.”

     “And tell Odd and William to hurry!” Ulrich yelled. “It’s getting crazy over here.”

     Jeremy gave Aelita the numbers, sat back in his seat, and waited for an answer from her.

     “How interesting,” Aelita finally spoke. “The numbers could represent words or even letters.”

     “I’m gonna go with letters,” Jeremy sighed. “Hang on one second. Odd, William? You guys still there?”

     “No, while you were talking to Aelita we went to Alaska…Of course we’re still here,” Odd laughed.

     “I could do without the sarcasm, Odd. Anyways, Aelita said it could be a code for letters.”

     “So, each number would represent a letter in the alphabet?” William asked.

     “Exactly.”

      “Oh good,” Odd sighed in relief. “I know my ABCs.”

      “Eh, ok. Good for you. That might come in handy for the rest of your life, Odd,” Jeremy laughed.

      “So, 20?” William asked as he turned to Odd.

     Odd paused for a moment and looked up in thought. “T.” He replied.

     William typed the first letter into the password slot.

     “15.”

     Odd thought again and then spoke. “O.”

     William typed in the second letter.

     “23.”

     “Ummm…W.”

     More typing.

     “5.”

     “E.”

     “And 18.”

     “R! TOWER; the word is tower!” Odd cheered in excitement.

      William clicked on the rusty enter key once more. This time, the password was correct.

     “Nice going guys,” Jeremy said. “Now find and send me the message and then you can destroy the super computer.”

     “Oky doky,” Odd replied.

     “I have an idea, Odd,” said William. “Why don’t you go keep watch for Seth?”

     “Ok. I’ll make some loud noise if I see him.”

     “You mean louder than the ones you’re already making,” William whispered to himself and turned back to the computer screen.

     After searching through the files, William finally found the message document. He clicked on send and Jeremy began uploading the file on his computer disk. But, right as the file was being downloaded, Odd made an extremely loud, and irritating noise. William turned to him.

     “What’s wrong, Odd?”

     “Here he comes!”

     Seth ran into the room right as William picked up his sword.

     “Odd,” William shouted as he slashed his sword at Seth. “Watch the computer to make sure the download finishes.”

     “Right.”

     Odd rushed over to the computer and watched the download bar.

     “How much longer, Odd?” Jeremy asked.

     “The bar is at 21percent, Jeremy.”

     “Um, Odd, you just lost William.”

     Odd gulped and slowly turned around to see Seth walking towards him.

     “Ah!”

     Odd jumped out of the way before Seth stabbed him. Smash! The computer was destroyed by Seth’s sword.

     “Oh, no,” Odd’s eyes widened and he ran with fear.

     The download bar on Jeremy’s computer disappeared. Jeremy quickly leaned forward in distress.

     “Odd, what just happened?”

     “Um, we lost the computer. Seth kinda blew it up. No worries, Jeremy, I’m on my way to find the super computer.”

     “I would say I’m not worried at all, but you’re going the wrong way.”

     “Oops. My bad, Jeremy. Where is this thing?” Odd’s voice became high and squeaky.

     “North of your current location.”

     “Ok. I’m going.”

     He ran the other direction, avoiding Seth as much as possible. Down endless, colorless hallways, Odd thought he was going in circles. But, then he finally ran past one big door.

     “Whoa, Odd! Stop!” Jeremy told him.

     “What? What’s wrong?” Odd stopped in confusion.

     “That was it; you just passed the super computer door.”

     “Oh, really? I’ll go back.”

     Odd walked back to the door. It was larger than the others he had passed, but it remained the same color and shape as the rest. On the right hand side of the door there was a key pad. The size was only as big as Odd’s hand with the screen flashing red. Odd carefully placed his hand on the key pad. It scanned his palm, making Odd laugh slightly from the feeling. He removed his hand and another password slot appeared on the screen.

     “Oh great,” Odd sighed. “I need another password, Jeremy.”

     “Got it. This time it’s four letters,” Jeremy replied. “Y, B, O, B.”

     “Eh, ybob? What the heck is ybob?”

     “Odd, you’ll have to decode it first.”

     “It must be one more letter. If it is, than the code would be Xana.”

     “Good thinking, Odd,” Jeremy laughed. “Give it a try.”

     Odd typed in the four letters X A N A. The key pad became green and the door slid open. Odd quietly stepped inside and the door behind him closed.
Going For Time by dobermutt
 The room was dark. Suddenly, a light appeared from the computer in the room. The only other light in the room was one on the ceiling; but still, the light was fading into a dim flicker. Walls of steel ran up and down the long, narrow room, and at the end, there was the computer. Bigger than any computer he had ever seen, Odd approached it carefully. He almost tiptoed, but, no-the-less, he remained in the light coming from the machine in front of him.

“Jeremy,” he whispered. “You should see this thing. It’s big, powerful, and well armored. My finger is the size of the icons on the screen. I think we’ll have trouble destroying it.”

“No need to whisper, Odd,” Jeremy responded. “Can you tell what model it is?”

Odd walked slowly to the back of the giant computer monitor. His eyes scanned up and down the back of it. He almost went crazy looking for any writing, until he came across a few characters, 전류 파동.

“Uh…Some Korean name,” Odd sighed. “And, as you probably know, I can’t read Korean.”

“Umm…Let’s see. This is an old base, there’s got to be some paper in there somewhere. Maybe you could write it down for me.”

“I’ll look.”

Odd searched the room for anything he could find to write on. He stumbled across a piece of charcoal. Carefully, Odd picked it up.

“This should work. Now for paper…”

He filed through old, broken pieces of the building, looking for paper.

“Ouch!”

Odd looked down, since it was dark he didn’t see anything. So, he bent down and reached for the object in front of him.

“Something wrong, Odd?” Jeremy asked in concern.

“I just stubbed my foot on something,” Odd sighed and looked at the piece of steel. “It’s just a piece of the building.”

He readied himself to throw the thing.

“Wait!” Jeremy yelled.

“What?” Odd asked.

“Is it smooth?”

“Relatively. Why?”

“You could write on that.”

“Good thinking, Einstein,” Odd laughed and began to copy down the characters printed on the monitor. “Stupid charcoal,” he grumbled. “It’s hard to write with.”

“I would think so,” Jeremy laughed. “Uh…Not to rush you or anything, Odd, but Ulrich is the last one left on the replica. And Seth is coming your way.”

“Approximately how much time do you think I have?” Odd asked as wrote faster, trying to get the characters on the steel.

“I would say 50 seconds. You might wanna speed things up.”

“Doh!” Odd began to write faster and press the charcoal harder.

“Jeremy,” Ulrich panted and moved to avoid being hit. “How's he doing? Can Odd destroy the computer yet?”

“Um...Well, there's nothing that can destroy this computer that we see. So, Odd is righting the name of the computer type,” Jeremy sighed.

“What? Why don't you just go with my method? He he...Whoa!” Ulrich moved away quickly from the krabes large claw. He rushed at it swinging his sword and cutting off the front claw. The krabe disappeared as Ulrich leaped, throwing one of his swords at the monster.

“That takes care of that,” Ulrich smirked.

“Your method, Ulrich? Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try...Maybe. Oh, by the way, more monsters are heading your way...Megatanks by the looks of it.”

“Great, just tell Odd to be as destructive as possible. That might work. And if this computer has a backup generator, tell him to hurry.”

“Gotcha. Odd, can you hear me?”

“What? Oh it's you, Jeremy.”

“Did you write it?” Jeremy asked.

“Huh? Oh yeah, yeah...I got it!”

“Great, now listen, you get to be like Ulrich, I need you to try to destroy the computer. Can you do that?”

“Ok, but I'm gonna do this my way...Not Ulrich's.”

Jeremy sighed, “Just do it quickly.”

Odd put his hand on his other arm and took aim, his tail was swishing back and forth. He twitched his ears and smiled, showing his cat teeth.

“This is how to it...The Odd way.”

He let it go, a bolt of power in the shape of an arrow. Odd went a step back after firing his laser arrow. Smoke came from the computer just as Seth came through the door.

“Ha ha! You're too late now, Seth, Odd laughed. I destroyed the computer.” Odd laughed and picked up the rock with writing on it.

“Oh really? Are you sure?” Seth smiled an evil grin.

Odd frowned and turned towards the computer. A few sparks were seen and smoke from being hit with the arrow. Then, in a flash, the smoke evaporated and the sparks disappeared. The computer now shown a light red. Odd's eyes widened and he stepped back one, but he quickly turned his head to make sure he wasn't in reach of Seth.

On Lyoko, Ulrich was battling megatanks.

“This is all to easy,” Ulrich laughed.

Suddenly, the megatanks began to glow a light red like the computer.

“Uh, Jeremy, what's going on? The monsters are...glowing?”

“No idea...I think it has something to do with the computer.”

“Eh he, I was only joking...I didn't really want this to be any harder. Oh man, that's like the second time I've done that.”

“Brace yourself, Ulrich,” Jeremy warned him. “This could get rough.”

“Oh no,” Odd sighed. “What just happened?”

“It's the power of Xana,” Seth laughed. “Now there's no escape.”

Odd looked around and stared at the door behind Seth.

“There's always an escape as long as there's a door!”

He ran past Seth and out the door just before it closed. Seth quickly ran after him.

“Jeremy, I need a backup plan!” Odd complained.

“Umm...As far as backup goes, I haven't really thought this through. Let's see. Ulrich, how are you doing for time?”

“Well,” Ulrich panted again. “I'm trying to give the little squeaker as much time as he needs. How long does Odd need exactly? Because these megatanks are like something from Dragon Ball Z...”

“In what way, Ulrich? They all have halos?” Jeremy laughed.

“No, they never die! It's this red glowing thing...It's almost like a shield. No matter how many times you hit them they don't lose life points.”

“I see, same effects as the computer...” Jeremy sighed and switched his microphone over to talk to Odd. “Odd, I just came up with a backup plan.”

“This had better be good, Einstein.”

“Oh it is. You need to come back to the Skid, it's time to get out of here.”

“What!? Retreat? Are you out of your mind? Why do a stupid thing like that?”

“Just trust me, Odd. Ulrich is running out of options and I don't know how much longer you can keep this up. You only have a limited amount of time to be there if you remember.”

“Ok, fine. I'm coming back, tell Ulrich to hold the monsters off until then.”

He ran back towards Seth, holding the piece of rock tightly as he charged head on.

“Ha! You're mine now, cat boy!” Seth swung his giant sword at Odd.

“Ah!” Odd disappeared along with the piece rock.

“Ok,” Jeremy typed on this keys. “Time to take this ship back. Ready, Ulrich?”

The megatanks charged at lightning speed and fired at Ulrich.

“Oh!” Ulrich vanished in a second as the beam hit him.

“Oh great!” Jeremy sighed. “Odd, Odd! Wake up, Odd!”

Odd didn't wake up and the megatanks got ready to fire once more, this time at the Skid.

“My controls are jammed...I can't navigate the Skid from my computer. It's probably because of that stupid computer.”

“What are we going to do?” Aelita asked.

Just then, the tower turned white and the Skid took off.

“Franz Hopper, thank goodness,” Jeremy sighed in relief. “As soon as Odd gets back we can find a solution.”
Unlocking Secrets by dobermutt

Odd stepped out of the scanner. The room was a little dark. “Light must be out,” he thought. As he walked he heard a thud. Turning around, Odd noticed a large piece of brick, or iron, on the floor.

“What's this?” he asked as he picked up the large item. “Oh! It's my rock.”

“You got it?”

He heard the voice of Jeremy through the speakers.

“Yeah. Yeah, I got it.”

“Great! You can come join the rest of us up here anytime now.”

“Oh, right. I'm coming.”

The elevator door slid open and Odd stepped out, the piece of rock still in his hand. He walked over to Jeremy, who was still sitting in his chair, and showed him the messy writing on the rock.

“Hmmm...” Jeremy put his hand over his mouth in thought. “Let's do a little search.”

“What do you think it means, Jeremy?” Aelita asked.

“Don't know yet. We'll find out though, won't we?”

“Too bad I don't speak or read Koren,” Yumi sighed. “Only Japanese.”

“Well,” Ulrich sighed. “At least you're ahead of me.”

“I only know French,” William admitted.

“Ok,” Jeremy broke their conversation. “I got it! These characters stand for a name.”

“A name...Of a person?” Odd asked as everyone gathered around Jeremy.

“No, the name of a machine.”

“What kind of machine?” Ulrich looked at his friend in question.

“A computer.”

“Well,” William whispered. “What do the characters say?”

“Only two words,” Jeremy answered. “Power Surge.”

“What's that?” Yumi asked.

“Apparently, the name of the computer. Power Surge was a project computer designed by Koren scientists. It's main function was to create weapons and machine objects of mass destruction. It was also used to preform tasks and help them gain knowledge by preforming dangerous experiments.”

“How do you know so much about this computer, Jeremy?” Ulrich asked.

“I've studied Koren technology before. This computer is based on an earlier project called Power Minimum. Obviously, Xana has a plan for this little, but powerful, piece of equipment. The question is, what?”

“It must be something big,” William said.

“And?” Aelita asked. “How do we get rid of the thing? It still holds part of that message.”

Jeremy sighed. “Not sure. Even though this computer is eighty-years-old, it's still powerful enough to cause great devastation to the world. I'll have to look into it some more. Guess who's gonna be doing some research on Korean technology?”

“Most likely you,” Ulrich laughed. “I wouldn't know the difference between an Apple and a Mac. Other than the symbols of course, but that's about it.”

“Really?” Odd asked in shock. “There's a difference? I had no idea.”

Yumi sighed. “No wonder we let Jeremy and Aelita handle everything.”

“You're telling me,” William laughed in agreement.

“Odd,” Ulrich whispered. “You're making me look dumb in front of Yumi.”

“Oh no,” Odd whispered back. “You did that yourself, good buddy.”

Ulrich looked away from Odd and shrugged.

“Well then,” Jeremy said to his friends as he stood up out of his chair. “I guess I'll work on this tomorrow.”

“You mean,” Aelita starred at him with a surprised look. “You're going back to Kadic? Without working? Without complaining? Just...going? With us? You're not planning on spending all night here?”

Jeremy laughed. “No, no. I'm sure. I'm coming back with you guys.”

He walked out the of the factory with his friends. He turned to Aelita, who was walking next to him, and smiled. Aelita blushed and smiled back. He held her hand as they returned back to Kadic.

 

*End*

This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=354