Confusing Love by Kiwi Lee
Summary: Yumi sees Ulrich kissing a new girl and thinks he's in love. What she doesn't know was, Ulrich was just greating a close cousin from his childhood. What happens when Yumi tries to get back with William and tempers start flying.
Categories: Ships > Ulrich and Yumi, Seasons > Season 3 Characters: Aelita Hopper, Jeremie Belpois, Odd Della Robbia, Ulrich Stern, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Comedy, Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 1090 Read: 7644 Published: Jun 04, 2011 Updated: Jun 04, 2011

1. Chapter 1 by Kiwi Lee

2. Chapter 2 by Kiwi Lee

3. Chapter 3 by Kiwi Lee

Chapter 1 by Kiwi Lee

          “Hey Ulrich!” a female voice called as four friends walked out of the cafeteria. 

          Ulrich looked towards the voice and smiled. “Caroline!”  

        Caroline came up and hugged him, kissing him on the cheek.

          Meanwhile, Yumi stopped dead in her tracks as she saw Ulrich kiss a brown haired girl on the cheek. 

         Yumi turned around and ran into the restroom so no one could see the tears streaming down her cheeks.

          Questions like, “Who was this girl?” and “Where on earth did she come from?” and “Why was Ulrich kissing her?” all ran through her head as her fingernails made lines in the sink’s edges as she gripped in to control her rage. 

         Ulrich smiled as he turned to his friends, unaware of what Yumi had just seen. “Guys, this is my cousin, Caroline. Caroline, this is Jeremie, Odd, Aelita, and Yumi should be around her somewhere.” 

         “Ulrich’s told me about you guys.” Caroline said with a smile as she put her arm around Ulrich’s waist, his arm already around her's. 

         “You know, if you hadn’t had mentioned she was your cousin, we would’ve thought you were dating her.” Jeremie said, crossing his arms and smiling.           Caroline pulled a face, sticking her tongue out. “That would be very weird, defiantly since he’s already da-“

          “Uh, Caroline, we should go to Delmas’ office before the bell rings.” Ulrich interrupted his cousin.

           “Right.” Caroline said, “Where is he?”

           “We’ll show you.” Odd said, giving her one of his goofy smiles.

          The bell rang, telling Yumi she had to get to class. She dried off her face and walked out of the restrooms, mad at Ulrich. She got to class and sat next to William, throwing her bag to the ground.  

        William jumped, surprised. “What got on your bad side?” 

         Yumi thought about telling him, but a thought popped into her mind and she decided to do it. She sat down and looked at William, smiling. “Hey, meet me over by the vending machines after class, ok?” 

         “Alright.” William said, not sure what was going on. 

         Class ended after what felt like hours for Yumi. She found herself at the machines, her bag next to her on the brick flower beds. Yumi looked up and saw Ulrich and the brown haired girl walking over to her with the rest of her friends.  

        "Yumi, you wanted to talk?" William asked as he came up from behind her.  

         Yumi saw that Ulrich was geting closer and quickly grabbed William and kissed him on the lips, taking him off guard. A few steps away, Ulrich stopped dead, making his friends almost run into him.

           "What on earth?" Odd asked, looking at Ulrich. Than he followed his friend's gaze and saw Yumi and William. "What?"

          Yumi let go of William and dropped her arm.  

         "Wasn't that Yumi?" Caroline asked, looking at Ulrich, who was still staring.  

         Yumi looked towards Ulrich and smiled as she grabbed William's hand and walked off, bringing him with her.

Chapter 2 by Kiwi Lee

          "Hi Hiroki, can I see Yumi?" Aelita asked as she stood at the door to her friend's house.

          "Sure." Hiroki said, moving out of the way for her to come in. 

         Aelita quickly took off her shoes at the door and went up the stairs to Yumi's room. 

         "Yumi, can we talk?" Aelita asked as she put her head into Yumi's room. 

         "Huh? Aelita! Ya." Yumi said as she wiped her face to cover the tears she had been crying. 

         Aelita walked in and asked, "Why are you going out with William?" 

         "Because I can." Yumi said, defending herself. 

         Aelita went over to Yumi's bed and sat down next to her. "Are you sure that's the only reason?" 

         "Err, why didn't he tell me he was going out with that other girl?" Yumi asked, looking at Aelita for answers. 

         "That other girl?" Aelita echoed, wondering who she was talking about, in till it hit her about the morning. "Oh, you're thinking...That was Caroline." 

         "Caroline, whatever, I don't care what her name was." Yumi said, looking down at her bed. "I saw him kiss her."

          Aelita smiled as she stood up and said, "I think you should talk to Caroline yourself. You still haven't been properly introduced."  

        Yumi looked up and saw Aelita smiling. "Why are you smiling?" 

         "You'll understand in a minute." Aelita said, holding out her hand to help Yumi to her feet.

Chapter 3 by Kiwi Lee

          Yumi and Aelita walked onto campus and walked over to the dorms only to find that Ulrich had locked himself in his room, leaving Caroline, Odd, and Jeremie in the hallway.

          "What are you doing here?" Caroline asked, seeing Yumi. 

         "I really should ask you the same." Yumi said, still mad at the girl. 

         "Uh, Yumi, I'd like to introduce Ulrich's cousin Caroline Stern." Aelita said, before anything else could be said. 

         "You're his...cousin?!" Yumi said as it all hit her and made since. "Than when he...Oh ZUT!"

          "Ya, well, thanks to you and your kissing spree, Ulrich's gone and locked himself in his room." Caroline said, her hands on her hips. "What were you thinking!? You know Ulrich loves you." 

         "That's the thing, no I don't." Yumi admited.

           "What? That's what he's always telling me." Caroline said. "It's always Yumi this and Yumi that, he really is dule to talk to if it's anything else. Well, exsept for foot." 

         "Ya, well, now that we've got it all figured out, could you get Ulrich to unlock the door." Odd said.

          "You dorm with him, don't you have a key?" Caroline asked.

          "Kiwi took it." Odd said. 

         "Not going to ask." Caroline said, shaking her head. 

         "I'll try." Yumi said, walking up to the door so that he could hear her.

         "Ulrich!?"

          "Leave me alone." Ulrich's voice called from inside.  

        "Ulrich, I'm sorry for what I did earlier." Yumi said. "I thought you and Caroline were dating when I saw you kiss her, so I wanted to get you back." 

         The door opened, causing Yumi to jump back, as Ulrich said, "Wait, you thought me and Caroline were dating?!" 

         "Silly, huh?" Yumi asked as she nodded her head. 

         "A little." Ulrich said.

          "We still friends?" Yumi asked. 

         "Of course." Ulrich said as if he was wondering why they wouldn't be.

          "Sure, still friends." Odd said to Jeremie, Caroline, and Aelita.

The End

This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=392