Blind As A Bat by Kiwi Lee
Summary: An accedent happened, causing Jeremie to loose the use of his eyes. What happens when his friends believe that Xana was behind it? Meanwhile, the 12th grade detective club is trying to find out what really happened. And I have to ask, but why is Odd in a dress and Yumi only in her underwear?
Categories: Seasons > Season 1 Characters: Aelita Hopper, Jeremie Belpois, Odd Della Robbia, Ulrich Stern, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 4317 Read: 65309 Published: Jul 10, 2011 Updated: Jul 10, 2011

1. Chapter 1 by Kiwi Lee

2. Chapter 2 by Kiwi Lee

3. Chapter 3 by Kiwi Lee

4. Chapter 4 by Kiwi Lee

5. Chapter 5 by Kiwi Lee

6. Chapter 6 by Kiwi Lee

7. Chapter 7 by Kiwi Lee

8. Chapter 8 by Kiwi Lee

9. Chapter 9 by Kiwi Lee

10. Chapter 10 by Kiwi Lee

11. Chapter 11 by Kiwi Lee

12. Chapter 12 by Kiwi Lee

13. Chapter 13 by Kiwi Lee

14. Chapter 14 by Kiwi Lee

15. Chapter 15 by Kiwi Lee

Chapter 1 by Kiwi Lee

The Accident

            “Jérémie, you sure you don’t wanna work with Odd?” Ulrich asked as everyone tried to find partners for an experiment in Mrs. Hertz’s science class.

 

          “I’ll save you from having to work with Sissi and I don’t mind working alone.” Jérémie said.

 

          “Hey! I’m not bad in science.” Odd said as Ulrich sat back down in his seat next to Odd.

 

          “Alright everyone.” Mrs. Hertz called. “Come and get your equipment.”

 

          Ulrich got up with the rest of the class and got the beakers and test tubes while Odd grabbed the safety goggles.

 

          The two friends sat down and put on the goggles. Odd looked at the paper Mrs. Hertz had given them. Taking off his goggles he said, “I can’t read this thing.”

 

          “Ok, you read, I’ll pour.” Ulrich said.

 

          “Alright. Take beaker one and pour one quarter to the line with the liquid into test tube one.”

 

          “Alright, done.” Ulrich said sitting the beaker down.

 

          “Step 2: beaker two to three quarters to the line.” Odd said.

 

          “Ok, what does it look like now?” Ulrich put the test tube to eye level and saw a little bubbling. “That’s it?”

 

          “I guess…”

 

          BOOOOOMMMM!

 

          “AHH! MY EYES!!!!” Jérémie cried, his hands were over his eyes as a fire started on his desk.

 

          Mrs. Hertz came running with the fire extinguisher as Ulrich and Odd got their friend out of the way.

 

          “Take him to the infirmary!” Mrs. Hertz cried as the class started to run around.

 

          Ulrich and Odd lead Jérémie out of the class room as the fire alarm went off. They got him to the infirmary where they finally got to see the damage his eyes went threw.

 

          “I need you to remove your hands, Jérémie.” Yolanda said in a soft voice.

 

          He did so and Odd stepped back. Glass from his eye glasses had broken off in the explosion and lodged themselves in and around his eyes.

  

        “I’m gonna give you a drug. It should make you groggy. You need to lay down so I can get all the glass out.” Yolanda said getting up to walk to the cabinet. She pulled out a pill bottle and poured out two pills. She put the bottle back in the cabinet and walked over to the sink. She filled up a Dixie cup and gave both to Jérémie. He took the meds.

 

Chapter 2 by Kiwi Lee
News

          “Jérémie, how are you?” Yumi asked as she walked over to the lunch table.

          Jérémie looked in the direction of her voice and said, “I’m fine. I just hope Xana doesn’t attack.”

          “I didn’t even think about that.” Ulrich said.

         “What?” Odd asked, moving his hand to take some of Jérémie’s French fries.

          “Odd.” Jérémie said.

 

Odd’s hand stopped moving. “What?”

          “I would like to eat some of my fries.”

          “You could hear my hand moving to your tray!”

          “Ya, my eyes might be gone for a while but my hearing’s not.”

          “But how are you gonna send us to Lyokô?” Ulrich asked.

          “I’ve done it without looking enough times to do it without looking now.” Jérémie said.

          “How ‘bout going to the factory?” Yumi asked before taking a sip from her cola.

          “I don’t know.”

          “We’ll figure it out.” Ulrich said. “In the mean time, you might wanna talk to Aélita. She should know about today.”

          “We can go right now.” Odd said. “After I finish eating. I’m starved.”

          “Here, take it.” Jérémie said pushing his tray to Odd. “I’m going.”

          Jérémie got up and walked, as if he could see, to the door and down the steps.

          “Jérémie! Wait! I’ll come with you!” Yumi called, pushing her tray to Odd. She ran out to him and found him standing at the bottom of the stairs. She jumped down the stairs and landed next to Jérémie. “Ok, let’s go.”
Chapter 3 by Kiwi Lee
Info

          As they walked to the dorms, Jérémie went as if he could still see.

          “How can you do it?” Yumi asked.

         “Do what?” Jérémie asked looking at her face.

  

          “How can you walk around as if you can see?”

          “I guess that just shows how long I’ve been here.” Jérémie started. “Before we found Aélita, I didn’t have any friends, so I read a lot. I learned how to walk with my ears, not with my eyes.”

          “I don’t think I could do that.”

          “It’s not so hard. When you close your eyes, you’ve got a whole new world to explore.” Jérémie paused to open the door to the dorms.

          “Thanks.” Yumi  said as she walked in. He followed her and the door shut. They walked up stairs and got to Jérémie’s room.        

          Jérémie pulled out the key and frowned.

          “What is it Jérémie?” Yumi asked.

          “Nothing , I’m sure.” Jérémie put the key into the keyhole and turned it. “I wonder why I don’t hear Jim in the showers?” he thought. Jérémie pushed open the door and the two walked in.

          Jérémie went straight to his computer and sat down on his chair. He turned on the screen and grabbed his mike to put around his ear.

          “Aélita, do you read me?” Jérémie asked into the mike.

          “I’m here Jérémie.” Aélita said as her face popped onto the screen. “Hi Yumi. Jérémie, what are those things on your eyes?”

          “There was an explosion and glass got in my eyes. I have to wear patches over my eyes so they can heal.” Jérémie said calmly.

          “Are you ok?” Aélita asked.

          “Ya, I’m fine, I just won’t be able to see for a few weeks or so.”

          “Are you sure?”

          “Don’t worry Aélita.” Yumi said. “He knows this place like the back of his hand.”

          “Oh, Jérémie, about an hour ago I felt some pulsations, or at least, I thought so, now I’m not so sure.”

          “Wasn’t that when the accident happened?” Yumi asked.

          “I think it was, you think Xana had something to do with it?”

          “Ya.”

          “I’m with Yumi.” Aélita said. “Do you remember seeing anything Xana-like around you when it happened?”

          “No, none that I can remember.” Jérémie said, “But Xana could’ve done something when I sat the beaker down on my laptop when I first got everything. I had to go back for my goggles. That’s when he could’ve done it.”

          “Hey, if you had goggles on, how’d glass get in your eyes?” Yumi asked.

          “The goggles wouldn’t stay on over my glasses so I took them off.” Jérémie said.

          Knock knock

          Aélita’s face disappeared from the screen and Jérémie said, “Come in.” as he turned the monitor off.

          A black haired girl with blond highlights came in. She closed the door behind her and said, “My name’s Alis Bouder, part of the Kadic Police, Year 13, you were in an accident this morning, no?”

          “Yes. “ Jérémie said. “What about it?”

          “We have reason to believe that that wasn’t an accident.” Alis said. “Someone’s been trying to kill off some of the smarter student body.”

          “Whoa.” Yumi breathed.

          “We don’t really know all the details yet but we will.” Alis pulled out an electronic device. “May I take your fingerprints? So we can eliminate yours from the science room.”

          “Sure.” Jérémie held out his hands and Alis walked over to him. She placed his fingers, one at a time, on the electronic device.

          Once she was finished, Alis asked, “Who do you know might’ve accessed the chemicals you used today?”

          “Everyone in class.” Jérémie said. “Mrs. Hertz was running latter than normal. Oh, and Jhony Moore, year 8, was in there.”

          “Did you see why he went into your class?”

          “He went over to talk to Hérve Pichon.”

         “Thanks. If there’s anything else, I’ll contact you.” Alis said and walked out the door.
Chapter 4 by Kiwi Lee
 Kadic Police Headquarters

          “Yo Alis.” Richard Pello-Dome said as he walked over to her. “What’chay got from Belpois?”

          “Moore, year 8, and Pichon, year 10, might be in on it.” Alis said as she plugged the Electronic Finger Scanner to her computer.

          “Who’s prints?”

          “Belpois’ and Hertz’s.”

          “Thanks, my team needs that.”

          “I just hope we can wrap this all up before Friday.”

          “Why?”

          “They’re taking the caution sign down and fixing the fire damage.”

          “Great.”

          BEEP.

          “Good, it’s done.” Alis grabbed the EFS and put it in her bag. “I’m gonna talk to Moore and Pichon.”

          She walked out of the room and out of the building.
Chapter 5 by Kiwi Lee
Searching For Clues

          “Did I just hear you right?” Odd asked after Jérémie told Ulrich and Odd.

          Jérémie turned his face to Odd’s voice, over by his bed.

          “Ya, someone’s trying to kill off all the Einsteins.” Ulrich said from next to Odd. “I heard about it about a week ago.”

          “Do you know who’s been attack?” Aélita asked.

          “Ya. And it’s a long list.” Ulrich pulled a piece of paper from his bag on the floor at his feet and read from it. “Pichoneater, year 7, Robonson, year 8, Hérve, now Jérémie. “His left hand reached for a pen in-between him and Odd and scribbled down Jérémie’s last name and his grade. “Milles, year 11, Ellis, year 11, Carmikal, year 12, and finally, Jullis-Manner, year 13.”

          “I don’t even know half of these people.” Odd said.

          “I think Milles left after what happened to him.” Yumi said. “He go pushed off the science building.”

          “How’d he survive?” Aélita asked.

          “He fell on the cheerleading squad.”

          “That’s funny, please tell me that Sissi was there that day.” Odd said, laughing.

          “Ya, she was!”

          “I so wish I could’ve seen that!” Ulrich said, laughing as well.

          The laughing calmed down and Yumi said, “Hey, since we’ve got the rest of the day off, let’s go and asked the victims.”

          “Alright.” Odd said. “I’ll take the 7e  and 8e years.”

          “I’ll find Hérve and Carmikal.” Ulrich said

          “And I’ll take the last two.” Yumi said.

          “While, me and Jérémie’ll search the web for anything we can find.” Aélita said.

          Odd took the sheet of paper from Ulrich and said, “Ok, I’m gonna see Pichoneater and Robonson.” he gave Ulrich the paper back and got up.

          “Shouldn’t we tell the KCSI that we’re helping?” Ulrich asked as he handed Yumi the paper to memorize the name.

          “I’ll do it.” Jérémie said.

          “Ok.” Yumi said as she handed Ulrich the paper back.

          The three walked out the room and shut the door.
Chapter 6 by Kiwi Lee
Clues

          “I’m just glad I’ve never moved the icons on my computer.” Jérémie said to Aélita as he clicked where he remembered the e-mail icon was.

          “You know, I can work your computer from over here.” Aélita said.

          “I know.” Jérémie said. “Did I click on it?”

          “Ya, just type the address and hit tap.”

          “Boulder.Alic@kadic.fr.” Jérémie said as he typed, “Just wanted you to know, my friends and I are helping you on this case. If you wouldn’t mind, we’ll keep in contact via e-mail. Send”

          Jérémie closed out of that and got on the internet. He typed in www.france3.fr and said, “Ok Aélita, you have the controls.”

          “Thanks.” A screen popped up in front of her and she started clicking on different sites. “Hey, I think I’ve found something. About 35 years ago the same thing happened at Kadic. The man who did it was Alex Moore.”

          “Can you go to the Kadic’s web page and look up Jhony Moore, J-H-O-N-Y.”

          “You’re wondering if Alex is his father. Oh, the poor kid. His mother died about a year  ago.”

          “Does it say if he has contact with his father?”

          “No, nothing about it. But it does say what jail he’s in. Paris City Jail.”

          “That’s just down the road.”
Chapter 7 by Kiwi Lee
Jail

          Everyone met back at Jérémie’s room before diner. Odd and Ulrich found nothing but Yumi did. Ellis remembered seeing Jhony Moore right before his computer exploded.

          “Me and Jérémie found a lot of good info.” Aélita said. “Jhony Moore’s father, Alex Moore’s in jail because of an attempted to kill Delmas and some other people when he went here.”

          “We need to know if Jhony’s got contact with his father.” Jérémie continued for her.

          “So you want us to go to the jail tomorrow?” Ulrich asked.

          “Ya, Paris City Jail, the one down the road.” Jérémie confirmed.

          “Alright, I’ll come over after church.” Yumi said, “Right now, I’ve gotta get home.”

          “Ok, bye Yumi.” Odd said.

          “See ya.”

          The next day, after church, Yumi changed into her normal black pants and black turtle-neck. She told her parents bye and left for Kadic.

          She saw her friends at the bench as they all stud up.

          “Oh, we all going?” Yumi asked.

          “No, you and Odd are.” Ulrich said. “We’re gonna talk to Jhony Moore.”

          “Good luck.” Jérémie said as the two walked off campus.

          “Did you find anything yesterday after I left?” Yumi asked.

          “No, nothing. Alex Moore tried to kill smart geniuses from his generation, Delmas included.” Odd said.

          Yumi glanced behind them and saw two heave built men following them.

          “Hey, Yumi, just wondering, what’s your favorite monster on Lyoko?” Odd asked, unaware of the two men.

          “I guess the blocks. Odd, two men are following us, look out.”

          “Excuse me miss?” one of the two men that had been following them tapped her on the shoulder. “Did you drop this?”

          Yumi turned around and got punched in the nose. She fell onto Odd as they got pushed to the ground.

          Yumi got up and tasted blood running from her nose into her mouth.

          “Thanks guys, I always wanted to be a vampire. Now here’s my present to you.” She kicked her leg at the man’s neck and he stumbled backward. The man picked himself up and went to punch her again. Yumi moved in time for him to miss. She looked at where she had last seen Odd and saw he was gone. The next second, the man had hit her in the back of the head and she fell over, unconscious.
Chapter 8 by Kiwi Lee
Jhony Moore

          “Hey, Jhony Moore?” Ulrich asked as he knocked on the dorm door.

          “Maybe he’s not here.” Jérémie said. “I don’t feel any movement.”

          “We’ll come back later. I’ll leave a note.” Ulrich reached into his pocket and pulled out a sticky note pad and a pen.

          “Moore, Just wanted to talk. –Stern & Belpois.”
Chapter 9 by Kiwi Lee
They WHAT!?

 

          “Hey, Jérémie!” Jim’s voice said to Jérémie. Jim walked over to him and Ulrich at where they were sitting in the court yard.

 

          Jim handed an envelope to Jérémie, who passed it to Ulrich. “There’s no return addressee.” Jérémie said, not feeling any writing in the left hand side of the top.

 

          “Ya, and it just says Jérémie Belpois.” Ulrich said as he opened the letter and looked at Jim.

 

          “See ya.” Jim said getting the hint.

 

          “Bye. And thanks.” Jérémie said.

 

          Ulrich pulled out the letter and saw it was a computer printed page.

 

          “Well, Ulrich, what does it say?” Jérémie asked.

 

          “Belpois, I have your friends. Tell me the secret to Lyoko if you ever want to see them again. Don’t tell the cops, if you do, well let’s just say they’re already dead. Signed Xanadu?”

 

          “Does it say where I’m supposed to go?” Jérémie asked.

 

          “No.” Ulrich said, folding the letter and putting it in Jérémie’s hands.

 

          “So he might be planning on coming here.” Jérémie said, feeling the letter. “What’s this?”

 

          Ulrich looked at the part of the envelope that Jérémie had pointed to. “テクノテニスコト “ “It’s Japanese. We’d have to get Yumi to read it.”

 

          “Yumi’s kidnapped, go to her parents.” Jérémie took the letter back out of the envelope and gave the envelope to Ulrich. “I’ll go tell Delmas about Odd and Yumi.”

 

          Ulrich turned around and ran out the gate and to the Ishiyama house. He rang the door bell and waited.

 

          The door opened and Hiroki looked up at Ulrich.

 

          “Hi Ulrich. I thought Yumi was with you guys.”

 

          “She’s not, are your parents home?” Ulrich asked, putting the envelope in his back pocket.

 

          “Mom is.” Hiroki opened the door and they walked in. “MOM!”

 

          Mrs. Ishiyama came from the living room and asked, “What is it?”

 

          “Ulrich needs to talk to you. I think it’s about marrying Yumi.” Hiroki said snickering.

 

          “It’s nothing like that. Yumi and Odd have gone missing. The person who took them left a message in Japanese…” Ulrich stopped as Mrs. Ishiyama sat down on a chair in the hallway.

 

          “Yumi’s  missing?” she whispered.

 

          “I was wondering if you could translate this.” Ulrich handed her the envelope. “It might help us find her.”

 

          Mrs. Ishiyama took the envelope and said, “Tekuno tenisu koto? That doesn’t make a lot of sense. Oh, sorry. It says Techno tennis court. Does that make any sense to you?”

 

          “Yes actually it does.” Ulrich said, taking the envelope back. “Thank you.” And he walked out of the house.
Chapter 10 by Kiwi Lee
 Tekuno Tenisu Koto

          “Tell us about Lyoko!” a man yelled at Yumi’s face.

          Yumi and Odd where handcuffed to bars going over their heads. Odd’s feet barely touched the floor.

          “We don’t know nothing about Lyoko!” Yumi yelled for the fifth time.

          The man behind her and whipped her in the back with a cat-o-nine-tails.

          “Stop it!” Odd cried. “Don’t you get it! We don’t know anothing!”

          “We’ll give you ten minuets to think it over.” The first man said. He motioned for his partner to follow him and they walked away.

          As soon as the door shut, Yumi put her hands down.

          “How’d you get uncuffed?” Odd asked.

          “Can’t tell you now. I’ll go get you some help.” Yumi looked around and found a window about two meters up.

          “Good luck Yumi.”

          She looked at Odd, standing there in only his orange boxers. “Thanks, don’t tell them anything and don’t die.”

          Yumi opened the window and jumped out. The cold November wind going over her body because the men had stripped her down to her bra and underwear. Under her bare feet was snow.

          The sun was going down so she hoped no one would see her running to Kadic.
Chapter 11 by Kiwi Lee
Yumi

          Ulrich sat down on his bed as Kiwi jumped up to him. Ulrich started to pet him and looked at the clock. 21:27. Almost lights out.

          “Hey! What are you doing here!” a guys voice carried threw the wall.

          Ulrich’s door opened up and shut so fast, Kiwi didn’t have time to jump up.

          Ulrich looked at who had entered his room and saw that it was Yumi, facing the door in her bra and underwear.

          “Yumi! Are you ok?” 

          Yumi was shaking so much that Ulrich ran over to her and put his arm around her. He noticed blood was running down her back.

          Ulrich took her to Odd’s bed and sat her down. He wrapped a blanket around her and hugged her to warm her up.

          “Ttttthhhhankssss Ulriiiccchhh.” Yumi tried to say, her teeth chattering.

          Ulrich looked at her face and saw the color coming back.

          “How’d you get free?”

          “I’ve been taking lessens from Hiroki about breaking locks.” Yumi said, her teeth chattering less. “Odd’s still there.”

          “Where is there?”

          “The tennis court they’re having the techno dance at. They put us in the shed.”

          “You’ve got to tell Delmas and the police.”

          “Can I borrow some clothes?”

          Ulrich stud up and went to his closet. He pulled out a long sleeve green turtle-neck and a pair of green cargo pants. He handed the clothing to Yumi and said, “Here you go.”

          “Thanks.” Yumi said putting on the turtle-neck and then the pants. “Ulrich, could I borrow your belt? You’re a couple size too big.”

         “You calling me fat?” He asked with a smile as he grabbed a belt from inside his closet.
Chapter 12 by Kiwi Lee
On y Va!

          “Sissi!” Ulrich shouted at her door. “Sissi, where are you?” he knocked on the door again.       

          “What?” Sissi asked as she opened the door. She was dressed in her pjs and her hair was pulled up in a pony tail.

          “Do you know where your father is?” Ulrich asked.

          “Ya, in his office, why?”

          “He’s not there.” Yumi said.

          “What are you wearing?” Sissi demanded. “It looks like a thrift store threw up on you.”

          “Oh shut up Sissi.” Yumi said stuffing her hands in the pockets. “I just escaped the FBI.”

          “Ya right and tomorrow I’m having a date with Zack Efron. Look, if my father’s not in his office than he’s probably in his room. Room 140.” Sissi shut the door and the two friends walked down the stairs.

          Ulrich knocked on the door and Delmas opened it. “Yes?”

          “Sir, I know where Odd’s being held.” Yumi said.

          “Miss Ishiyama!” Delmas said, just realizing who was there. “Come with me. The police’ll wanna know.” He grabbed his robe and the three went to the administration wing.

          Delmas switched on the lights and walked to his desk. He picked up the phone and dialed the local police number.

          “Paris City Police, what can I do for you?” The voice said on the other end.

          “I have Yumi Ishiyama here and she knows where Della Robbia is.” Delmas said.

          “One minuet please.”

          “Hello?” a new voice asked.

          “Is this Captain Fredbirt?”

          “Yes, Jean-Pier, this better be you having good news.” Fredbirt said.

          “It is Paul, Miss Ishiyama’s here and knows where Della Robbia is.”

          “Really! Where!?” Fredbirt sounded like he was reaching up for some paper.

          Delmas looked at Yumi and asked, “Where’s Odd?”

          “The tennis court on Washington avenue.” Yumi said.

          “The tennis court on Washington avenue.” Delmas repeated to Fredbirt.

          “I’m sending men over there right away.”
Chapter 13 by Kiwi Lee
Talking

          After Yumi called her parents to tell them she was alright, they went to Jérémie’s room to tell him and Aélita about the police going to rescue Odd.

          “We’re going to stay up till Odd gets back here. My parents said it was alright for me to stay here over night.” Yumi said to Aélita while the guys were talking.

          “I wish I could be there for Odd when he gets back.” Aélita said.

          “We’ll bring him over for both of you to talk to him.”

          “Thanks.”
Chapter 14 by Kiwi Lee
Odd

          “Paris Police!” Odd heard someone shout at the door. They kicked the door down and started to look around.

          Two men in bullet proof vests and black outfits started to look around, pointing their gun where they looked.

          Odd tried to move but the duck tape made that impossible. “Mmmmmm!”

          “Hey, wait, I hear something over here!” one of the men said.

          They walked to him and looked under the rackets hanging on the wall.

          “Odd Della Robbia?” They asked.

          Odd nodded his head and they helped him up.

          “I can’t wait to hear what happened to you.” The other one said. “And why you’re in that dress.”
Chapter 15 by Kiwi Lee
Going Home

          Odd opened the door to his dorm room and found Yumi, Ulrich, Jérémie and heard Aélita’s voice. Yumi and Ulrich were playing Sandwich on the floor and Jérémie was on Ulrich’s bed with Kiwi talking to Aelita.

          As soon as the door opened, Ulrich and Yumi got up off the floor.

          “I see I’m not the only one cross dressing.” Yumi said as she saw him in the light blue spaghetti strapped dress. His hair had fallen down.

          “Shut up! This wasn’t my idea.”

          “I’ve gotta take a picture of this!” Ulrich said grabbing his digital camera from one of his desk draws.

          “NO!” Odd cried, reaching for his camera.

          Odd tackled Ulrich down to the ground, in the process moving the dress to moon Yumi, Jérémie, Aélita, and Kiwi.

          “HUH! Odd! I DO NOT want to see your ass!” Yumi cried, covering her eyes with her left arm. “Did they take your underwear too?”

          Odd stopped long enough to pull the end of the dress down. In that time Ulrich started to snap pictures.

          Odd, being defeated, went over to his dresser and pulled out a pair of boxers and slid them on under his dress. He took off the dress and threw it on his desk.

          “I wonder if Sissi would like a present.” Ulrich asked himself.

          “With the way she helped us find her father, we should.” Yumi said.

          “I just remembered,” Jérémie said, “Bouden said that they where able to get in contact with Moore’s dad. His son was helping him and is now in jouve for attempted murder.”

          “So it was him.” Yumi said.

          “Ya.” Jérémie said.

 The End
This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=405