Why Me??? by fyora936
Summary: Yumi's story, the first in the series.
Categories: Seasons > Season 3 Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: New Kids on The block
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 194 Read: 21299 Published: Nov 10, 2006 Updated: Nov 11, 2006

1. The Bomb's Been Dropped by fyora936

2. Telling the others by fyora936

3. The Best Day Ever by fyora936

4. Plane trip convos by fyora936

5. Meet your new home by fyora936

6. Dear Diary by fyora936

7. School starts by fyora936

The Bomb's Been Dropped by fyora936

"Yumi, can we talk?" asked Mrs. Ishyama on a warm and friendly August day.

Yumi nodded. "What's wrong, Mom?"

"Nothing, it's just that..."

The door slammed. "Hey, booger breath." Yumi called to her little brother, Hiroki.

Hiroki ignored his sister. "Well, all my friends wished me well." Hiroki said blandly.

Yumi cocked her head at her brother, then her mother. "What?" she asked.

"Yumi, we're moving." her mother said.

The pen in Yumi's hand dropped. "Uh, did you just say moving???"

Her mother nodded. Yumi was crushed. She jolted up and out the door, grabbing her mobile from the table on her way out. She dialed Ulrich's number fevorously. "Meet me at the factory. Big news." she managed between gasps of breath.

"What?"

"Just do it, and bring Odd."

"Okay."

Click!

Yumi dialed Aelita, next. She gave her the same message, only she told the pink-haired girl to bring Einstien.

Yumi ran through the small grove around the school, and stopped at the pothole. Sliding the cover askew, she climbed in, after closing it behind her. She grabbed a skateboard and skated along the sewer system, stopping abrubtly before the ladder up. She climbed up quickly.

After she was in the computer room, she only had to wait.

Telling the others by fyora936

A few moments later, Odd and Ulrich exited the elevator and sat on the floor. Yumi draped herself across the computer chair. Another few minutes passed, and Jeremy and Aelita appeared out of the elevator.

"Alright, what's wrong?" asked Odd.

Yumi took a deep breath. "My mom dropped the bomb today, even though Hiroki actually knew! We're moving!"

Odd cocked an eyebrow. "We as in, your family, or we as in us?"

"My family."

"That's not so bad." Aelita responded.

Yumi shook her head. "Yes, it is. I won't see you guys, and I'll be alone, and I won't be able to fight Xana, and-"

Ulrich stood and came over, laying a gentle hand on Yumi's shoulder. "Yumi, it's okay. You'll make new friends, we'll never forget you, and Xana'll just have to fight one less people." Ulrich said calmly.

Odd shook his head. "Yeah, but we'll have to deal with a heart broken Romeo 24/7."

Ulrich rolled his eyes, took off his shoe, and chucked at Odd's head.

Yumi stifled a giggle, then grew solemn. "What am I going to do? I don't want to move!"

"Well, where are you going to move to?" Jeremie asked.

"Eh...I didn't hang around that long."

"Want me to go with you?" Ulrich offered.

"Would you?" she asked.

Ulrich nodded. "Let's go." he replied.

"We'll be here." Jeremie informed.

The Best Day Ever by fyora936

Ulrich and Yumi arrived at Yumi's house. Her mom and brother were talking at the kitchen table. Ulrich gave Yumi a gentle push forwards.

"Mom?"

Mrs. Ishyama turned. "Yes?"

"Where exactly are we moving to?"

"North America. Brush up on your English, sweetie!"

{NORTH AMERICA??? That's worse than moving in with Sissi!} Yumi thought.

"Um, Mrs. Ishyama? When are you guys leaving?"

"Two days."

"Then, do you mind if I steal Yumi for the rest of the day?"

"Go ahead, Ulrich. Just be careful!"

Yumi rolled her eyes as Ulrich dragged her out of the house. "Why are you 'stealing' me?"

"Just thought you might want to have some fun."

Yumi turned pink. "Thanks."

The two strolled along the sidewalk, and stopped close to the school. There, they ate lunch, and then they started back to Yumi's house. "Thanks again, Ulrich." Yumi admitted.

"Just, promise me one thing."

"What?"

"That you will let me visit."

Yumi grinned. "Of course." she responded.

Ulrich leaned forwards and brushed his lips against Yumi's. When he pulled away, Yumi wished it had lasted longer. But, it didn't. "Talk to you on tomorrow."

Yumi nodded and sheepishly waved goodbye as Ulrich jogged off. She turned around and dissappeared into her home, not excited because she needed to pack.

Plane trip convos by fyora936

Yumi sat next to her brother on the plane, her head as high up as they were. A woman came over. "Do you need anything?" she asked.

"Non, nous sommes très bien." Yumi replied on her brother's behalf, as well.

"Okay." said the woman, not under standing.

"No, thanks." repeated Hiroki.

The woman nodded. Yumi's mobile rang. She glanced at it, then answered. "Hello?"

Yumi?

"Odd?"

Yeah. Ulrich's been bawling for three hours.

"Is he able to talk?"

Yeah, hold on.

Yumi waited.

Yumi?

"Hi, Ulrich."

How's the plane ride?

"Boring. Hiroki knows more English than I do."

Must stink.

"Yeah. So, you OK? The way Odd put it..."

I'll be fine, as long as you are.

"I'm fine, Ulrich. Don't worry."

Okay. Call when you're in North America.

"Alright. Bye, Ulrich."

Yumi hung up then. The flight attendant then came on the loudspeaker.

We'll be arriving in Hartford, CT in ten minutes. Please buckle your seat belts.

Llegaremos en Hartford, CT en diez minutos. Abroche por favor sus correas de asiento.

Nous arriverons à Hartford, CT en dix minutes. Veuillez boucler vos ceintures de sécurité.

Yumi sighed and buckled up. It would be a long ride to her new home. She loathed the thought of it.

Meet your new home by fyora936

Yumi sighed, her eyes out on the freeway. Her father veered right, off exit 32. Hiroki started being a real pain, asking, "Sommes-nous là encore? (Are we there yet?)" every three minutes.

"Hiroki, a fermé vers le haut! (Hiroki, shut up!)" Yumi yelled after twelve minutes.

Her father pulled down a street called Cannan. Then, he turned right onto Mary Avenue. He pulled in front of a yellow-ish house. "Voilà! Notre nouvelle maison! (Here we are! Our new home!)" he cried. Yumi gasped. She hated America already.

Her mother opened her daughter's car doorand lead her inside the new house. "Voilà!" she cried.

Yumi sighed. "Quand l'école commence-t-elle? (When does school start?)"

"Le quatrième septembre (September fourth)"

{How great. This is falling apart already! It's August 31! I don't even have a desk yet, and they want me to start school?}

Dear Diary by fyora936
Author's Notes:
Yeah, this is a diary entry, obviously.

September third, two-thousand six

Dear Diary,

I'm sitting on my bed, watching a video that the gang sent me with my bed. It's making me cry! They're all recalling our best adventures, and I can't stand it! I've been gone four days, and I already have a small hole in my heart.

I wish they would come visit, or at least let me know how they're doing...

Oh! Odd's on the video now, complaining, as usual. He's saying that Ulrich can't stand the pain of loosing me...

It just hurts, you know? Anyways, time to get my school stuff ready for tomorrow. Oh, joy. School.

Talk to you soon, Diary.

♥♥

Yumi

School starts by fyora936
Author's Notes:
Last chapter!!!

Light flooded my bedroom. I grumbled and rolled over. I felt grubby littlehands poking my shoulder. "Go away, Hiroki." I grumbled.

"Mom says it's time for school!"

I sat up. Right, school. "Go away so I can get ready, booger breath."

Hiroki stomped off with no protest. {That's odd...} I thought.

I stood and wandered over to my wardrobe, grabbing my turtleneck and cargo pants, as usual. I dressed, then combed through my hair quickly. Scampering ti the kitchen, I slung my backpack over my shoulder. "Ready!" I called.

No answer. I grabbed my phone and dialed Einstien. "Jeremie?"

What are you doing up? It's four in  the morning, your time.

"It is???"

Yeah.

"Time for you guys to take a little trip for me, then."

What?

"I believe Hiroki's..."

Got it. Wish us luck.

"Good luck!"

Oh, Yumi? Go into the woods behind your house. There'll be a manhole. You know the rest.

"Really? That's awesome, Einstien! See you!"

And, with that, she headed off to the woods. She and the others succeded in stopping Xana with her friends, and when the return to the past activated, she was in her bed. That morning went smoothly, and shje was in school normally.

 

Now, what ever else happened? That's another story...

 

This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=80