When do you know you belong? by fyora936
Summary: The second book in the New Kids on the Block series. Kazuya's having second doubts about his friends, until he follows Yumi to Stratford's way to reach Lyoko.
Categories: Seasons > Season 3 Characters: Jeremie Belpois, Yumi Ishiyama
Genres: Action/Adventure, General
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: New Kids on The block
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 190 Read: 11962 Published: Nov 11, 2006 Updated: Nov 12, 2006

1. Lunch of Champions by fyora936

2. Kaz's chase by fyora936

3. Meet Lyoko, Kaz by fyora936

4. Kazuya saves the day..??? by fyora936

Lunch of Champions by fyora936

I strolled through the lunch line, grabbing a pizza, a pack of goldfish, and mustard. I paid at the register and headed towards the table Emily, Brianna D, William, Andrew D, an empty chair, and I sat at.

I squirted mustard all over my pizza, then sprinkled Goldfish across the top.

"Kaz," Emily hissed, "That's disgusting!"

I rolled my eyes and took a bite. "It's not half bad!" I informed.

That made Andrew and William crack up, but made Brianna look like she would puke.

My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the new Japanese girl walk in. Andrew slapped the back of my head. I rubbed it carefully.

"Hi" said Brianna, the brave one.

"Bonjour, je suis Yumi, et êtes-vous? (Hi, I'm Yumi, and you are?)"

"Je suis Andrew. Êtes-vous parler français? (I am Andrew. Are you speaking French?)" asked Andrew.

I shot him a look. "How do you know French?" I asked.

As usual, I was ignored.The Japanese girl nodded. Her mobile rang, and I was semi-curious. She turned her head, hung up, and started off. I waved at her, and was ignored again. {Why do I even try?} I wondered.

Kaz's chase by fyora936

With my head pondering that question, my curiousity overcame me. I dropped my tray in the trash and followed the girl. She exited the building, and so did I.

She headed for the small grove of trees a few yards behind the school. Likewise, I followed.

She ducked into a manhole. I waited a little while. Then, I realived, I had always wanted to go into the sewers. I slowly and cautiously removed the hole's covering and climbed down after closing it behind me.

The girl was waiting. "J'ai su que vous me suiviez. (I knew you were following me)"

"Uh, come again?"

She giggled. "Sorry. Grab a skateboard."

So, I did, and we skated along the sewerway. I was actually ahead of her by a few millimeters.

We stopped at the end of the walk way. I stepped off my skateboard and waited a moment. "Now, we go up." she explained.

We did, and I recognized the place perfectly. Avco, Stratford's abandoned factory.

Meet Lyoko, Kaz by fyora936

Yumi lead me inside. We entered the elevator and went down a floor. She told me to stay in, and when the elevator lowered and opened again, get in one of the pillars.

I followed her directions and entered a pillar. This is a scanner. Yumi's voice echoed from above.

She said something in French, and there was a flash of light. I was lifted up, then set back down again.

"What happened?" I asked.

Just come back up.

I didn't argue. Yumi told me what I needed to do for her. I understood, seeing as I was somewhat a computer geek. I sat down, and Yumi ran to a ladder that I hadn't seen.

Alright! her voice called.

I hit the keys like she described. "Virtualization..?" I tried.

A yellow blip appeared on the screen. I grabbed the headset and put it on. "It worked, Yumi!" I called.

驚くばかり、Kazuya である! (You're awesome, Kazuya!)

I turned red. "ありがとう。 (Thank you)"

Are there any red blips?

"Yeah. Three at your north...Wait, there are two green blips fending them off, and another green blip running to a pink dot."

Kazuya saves the day..??? by fyora936

"Also, there's another green blip next to a pink dot." I informed.

Which way?

"Uh...Behind you."

I see them. What's happening now? Near the pink dot, that is.

I gulped. "Uh...The green dot is now red and running towards you."

Einstien, that's not very good! said a new voice.

A new screen appeared on my computer, with a blond boy with coke-bottle glasses. I chortled. "What are you laughing at? You are the one with the freaky glasses." said the blond boy.

I regret that. My glasses were only rectangles, rather small. "Look who's talking, coca-cola boy!" I retorted.

QUIT IT! Yumi ordered. Aelita's under Xana's control! I've got to stop her!

There was a digital sound, then a moan from coca-cola boy. "That's not good! Now we can't deactivate the tower!" he moaned again.

He glanced at me wearily. "Do you know anyone who has...unearthly qualities?"

I thought for a moment. "Yes, I do!" I cried, jubiantly.

 

Who was it??? You'll find out...in the next story!

This story archived at http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/viewstory.php?sid=81