Heart of a Warrior III: Warrior's Redemption. by Sithking Zero
[Reviews - 5]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Bass reveals the state of the enemy.

 

Sithking Zero: The plot, Cadance, and the Replicons, belong to me. Nothing else.

Now, we’re getting back to the actual story. WOO!

Now, I know what you’re all thinking: What was the data that Protoman seemed so horrified at?

Or, at the very least, “Is that macaroni in the fridge spoiled?”

Well, you’ll find out later. By my estimates, I’d say around chapter… fourteen. Not too sure about that, but based on how the story’s progressing, and at the rate it is, I’d say that there might be up to thirty chapters for this story. I dunno.

BTW, On deviantart I have a deviation called “How to write a Fanfiction.” I want everybody to read it. Or I will go Bass on you.

One more thing:

I have a secret.

But I digress. On with the show!

Heart of a Warrior III:

Warrior’s Redemption

Chapter 7:

Of Heroes and of Darkness

Franz opened his mouth to speak again, but unfortunately, the supercomputer started to beep at this point.

“DANGER!!! DANGER!!!” it beeped out in Jeremie’s voice. “UNAUTHORIZED MATERIALIZATION COMPLETED! STAND BY FOR INCOMING MONSTERS!!”

Needless to say, everybody disregarded the warning, racing towards the elevator to hit the switch.

Not that it was nessecary.

The elevator came up after a few seconds, carrying two people.

One was easily recognizable. Her pink hair was obvious to all but the colorblind.

The other… you had to know him.

His body wrapped in a brown cloak, only the top half of his head was exposed. A black-and-gold helmet with a dark blue, four pointed star in between his eyes shone in the darkness, as did his purple stripes underneath his eyes.

“So… we meet again, humans.” came the voice of the net navi.

“BASS?!?” cried Ulrich, shocked.

The messenger of Darkness rolled his eyes.

“No, Ulrich. I’m Mary Poppins, hired by XANA to take care of you with my whimsical ways. WHO ELSE WOULD IT BE, YOU IDIOT?!?” he scremed.

Everyone stared at the black-garbed, cloaked netnavi. Even though he was pretty much the same, he had changed in ways that hadn’t been noticed before.

His eyes, for one, convayed a sense of eagerness, something that they hadn’t seen before even when about to kick XANA’s ass. His purple stripes under his eyes had changed a shade, almost imperceptibly. His cloak also appeared to be much better cared for then it had been before he had left to visit, in his words, “an old friend.”

“It’s… good… to see you again,” he added, slightly more composed after his outburst.

“I have some news on XANA, if you’re interested.” He said, feeling slightly uncomfortable with everyone staring at him.

Odd motioned them all to sit down, in preparation for a long story.

Bass willingly obliged.

“After I left and met up with my…” he paused for a moment, as if tasting the word, “Friend, I came back here and sent myself back to the internet. I was then attacked by some new XANA monsters, and after I crushed them, I did a little snooping on XANA.”

Franz leaned in slightly. “Well?”

“Turns out XANA’s got an ally this time.”

Bass watched as the looks on their faces ranged from shocked to horror ( though Jeremie, Aelita, and Mr. Hopper held most of the horror.)

“I couldn’t find out anything really about him,” he continued, “Only that the man was working out of a small island off of the coast of India. From the looks and sounds of it, he’s some angry old coot who makes stuff for the Indian government, and XANA offered him a big paycheck to help. Unfortunately, going in to get him would cause an international incident, so the French government (even if they DID know about Lyoko), couldn’t go in and get him.”

“Why don’t you just go in there and blow him up?” Odd piped up. “I thought you hated all humans and, quote, ‘Wanted to make all humans suffer for their crimes,’ unquote.” He finished with a not entirely inaccurate impression of Bass.

Bass glared at Odd. “While that was correct a while ago, I have seen, through you kids, that not all humans are bad. So, my conscience wouldn’t let me just “Go in there and blow him up” as you so eloquently put it. At least,” he gave a grim smile as he said this, “Not anymore.”

“REALLY? You can’t hurt anyone anymore?” Odd blurted enthusiastically. He had seen what Bass had done to things before, and he wasn’t eager to be on the receiving end of those attacks.

Bass nodded. “Correct, Odd. In fact, I can only warn people of things now. For example;” he said, pointing one finger at Odd’s hair, “Your hair’s on fire.”

Odd reached up and felt his head. “Bass, are you feeling all right? My hair’s not on fire.”

Bass morphed his hand into a blaster, and fired a microburst of power, grazing the top of Odd’s tall hair and leaving a small singe mark on the wall. Immediately, Odd’s hair began to smoke, and a small tongue of flame rose from the tip. Bass smirked. “Yes, it is.”

Odd yelped, beating out his hair with his hands, succeeding after about ten seconds, a small black spot of charred hair now marring his conical blonde hair. He glared at Bass.

“Thanks a lot, Bass. My beautiful blonde hair, ruined! NOW how am I supposed to pick up dates?”

“What dates? You’ve dated and broken up with everyone in Kadic but Sissi!”

“… Shaddup, Ulrich.”

Odd’s cheeks pinked slightly at his older friend’s words.

Bass grinned.

Aelita looked at him for a moment, as if confused, but the expression vanished quickly.

“Bass,” she said carefully, “I have a question.”

He looked at her.

“Would you like to come to school and live with us?”

Bass gave her a look that clearly said ‘You’re kidding, right?’

She didn’t pick up on it. So the black shadow sighed.

“Even though I like humans better now, I don’t think that I’m ready to take that step yet, Aelita. I mean,” he looked around at all of them, “ten-year old habits are kinda hard to break, and honestly, I’m still learning.”

He turned around and walked back towards the elevator, saying over his shoulder, “And Jeremie? Is it okay if we talk after dinner? I need to work on my socialization skills, and I figure that’d be a good way to practice.”

Jeremie looked shocked for a moment, then responded with a nod and “Mmm-hmm.” (or whatever that sound effect is.)

Yumi spoke up now. “Last time you left, you said that you had a friend to visit,” she called after him. “Who was it?”

Bass turned around and hit the elevator button.

“That, my friend,” he stated smugly as the doors closed, “Is my secret.”

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

How dare she, I thought. How dare she…

The figure stood rock still near an abandoned campsite where a mighty warrior had tried to recuperate after a mighty battle, before an enemy of his opened a portal to her world in front of him. Had the warrior not entered the portal…

Rest assured, your death shall be swift.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Sithking Zero: WOW. Long few months, huh?

I can’t say I’m proud of this, but I finally just pushed through the crap and got it done.

Now, after this, I bet a bunch of people know…

Read and Review.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]