Heart of a Warrior III: Warrior's Redemption. by Sithking Zero
[Reviews - 5]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
XANA and her father have a little talk about the progress of their plans. And it appears that a secret weapon is about to be enacted...

Sithking Zero: Code Lyoko, Megaman, and all other things do not belong to me. However, Cadence, the Replicons, and the plot of this story all DO belong to me. Copy and burn in the deepest level of hell.


O.M.F.G.

 

Code Lyoko. Season Four. Premier episode.

 

If you missed it, don’t worry. I’m sure it’ll be on in reruns and Youtube, so go see it right away.


However, I will say that that is totally unfair. XANA picks a new disciple, and then uses him in his fight. Come on, I came up with the idea WAY before that! (if you have no idea what I’m talking about, re-read Heart of a Warrior II: Trials of the Warriors.)

 

Granted, the circumstances are slightly different… but I digress.

 

Season four looks… AWESOME… Can’t say much else about it. What with all the talk and spoilers flying around Lyokofreak, I can virtually assure all that it’ll be cool.

 

Ah, but I ramble. As I write this, it is 5/23/07. I’ve decided to start writing down when each chapter is updated.

 But you don’t want to hear this. ON TO THE DESTRUCTION!!!


Heart of a Warrior III:Warrior’s Redemption Chapter 8:The Shadow of a Shadow of DoubtPart I   

A scant week had passed since Bass was re-welcomed into the fold of the lives of the Lyoko Warriors. True to his word, Bass did talk to Jeremie after dinner, and both agreed to talk at least once a day about the Lyoko Warrior’s state of readiness.

 

Aelita had not had much of a chance to talk to Bass at all, and only in passing when she did. Things like, “Hello, Aelita.” Or “Gotta go, Krabes at three o’clock!” Things like that.

 

For Aelita, this was bad. After all, she had experienced some side effects after the Cadence fusion (such as glimpses into Bass’ memory, the gain of an earthbreaker-like attack, etc.) She wanted to have a long, drawn-out talk with him to see how HE was handling the side-effects of being fused to her (perhaps he had received the ability to control Lyoko? She wondered)

 

However, her musings were cut short by an event that happened about a week after his dramatic reappearance.

 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

 

ON EARTH…

 

It was a Wednesday, as she would later recall. A totally normal day until something happened about noon.

 

Every source of electrical power in Kadic Academy died at the same time. Now, given that the school had been constructed almost a hundred years ago, power outages were quite frequent (once you took into account the ancient wiring), many people had backup batteries and generators installed, and the classes (except for the heavily electronically-driven ones, such as computers class) went on as usual. The repair people told the members of the Kadic Staff that they would have the power up and running in less then an hour.

 

--- 29 hours later---

 

Jeremie punched a key on his cell phone, and glanced down at it, awaiting a response.

 

There was none, of course. The cell phone’s batteries, as with all the other batteries in the school, had inexplicably died a few hours ago. However, no one had noticed, because classes were still in attendance, and after the “Satellite Laser” incident (which no one remembered, conveniently enough), he and his friends had helped enforce the cell phone ban in classes.

 

He sighed.

 

‘Wonder what XANA’s up to this time…’ he thought.

 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

 

ON LYOKO…

 

It was a beautiful day in sector five, if you were the right person.

Squadrons of Mantas and Hornets flew in tight squadrons around the huge sphere, and Creepers stalked the darker passageways to prevent more “break-ins” that had been so common in the months before the sector’s destruction.

 

And under the billions of data screens that comprised the Celestial Dome, the supreme ruler of the entire virtual world stood attentively before the Carthaginian data terminal, the source of all her data and primary link to the outer world.

 

XANA gazed expectantly at the screen, awaiting the appearance of her superior officer.

 

“Milady?” came a hesitant voice from behind her.

 

She turned and strode forwards, her boots making soft tapping noises as she walked over to the replicon, who was clutching a wooden box reverently.

 

“You have it?” she snapped, and the creature recoiled slightly.

 

It gulped, then began again. “Y-yes, milady. As you ordered.” As he said this, he opened the box.

 

On top of a velvet pad, a small, rectangular device covered in horizontal blocks and a purple-black-red jewel in the center was visible for an instant before XANA snatched the box from him and snapped it shut.

 

“NO, you idiot!” she hissed. “Forte’s still here, and you know how sensitive he is to the stuff!”

 

“S-s-sorry, m-milady,” he cowered and placed his hands over his head. “I… I forgot!”

 

XANA rolled her eyes, looked at the ground, and pinched the bridge of her nose.

 

“Just be more careful. I’m expecting a guest, so…” she threw her hands up in the air. “Go hang out with the Krabes, or something.”

 

The Replicon darted away as fast as possible, a constant stream of “Yes, mistress, of course mistress, right away mistress,” spewing from his hinged mouth, until he was out of her earshot, when finally, he whimpered, “But they always beat me up…”

 

XANA breathed a sigh of relief, until she heard a cough from behind her.

 

Spinning on her heal, she bowed low.

 

“Greetings, father. What news?”

 

The old man harrumphed. “Things are going faster, with the new source of power you’re providing. Still, the school and surrounding town don’t have as much power as I’d like or need. At this rate, it’ll take over a month to revive them, and I don’t have that sort of time or luxury. I need more power and fast.”

 

XANA gritted her teeth. “I’m working on it, father, but if I try anything else, others will get suspicious of the po-”

 

“I DON’T CARE!” he screamed. “I’ve waited well over fifteen years to have my revenge on society, and I’m not going to wait any longer! I need more energy NOW!”

 

The dark mistress of Lyoko glared at her father, then turned away from the screen. After taking a few deep breaths, she turned back.

 

“All right, father. I’ll activate another tower… the nuclear power plant isn’t out of my reach, after all…”

 

“Excellent…” suddenly, he turned from the screen, muttering, “Let me check… the local nuclear plant…”

 

He whipped back into the screen, a dark smile evident on his face.

 

“If you were to add the power from there to the power from the school and the surrounding city, we would have them online in a little more then a week! Good thinking!”

 

“Thank you, father.”

 

“You’re welcome, my dear.”

 

And with that, he signed off.

 

XANA sighed.

 

She turned , walked a few feet back towards the sphere of sector five, turned left, and stepped off the edge. Manipulating the current of power running through her body so as to manipulate the fabric of Lyokospace, she swooped down to the bottom of sector five, where a gaping maw opened and closed at regular intervals. Positioning herself directly underneath it, she rocketed upwards, the hole closing behind her.

 

Up, up, and up she rose, until she came to the core of sector five, the source of all power to the sector.

 

She flew up and landed on a ledge of steel, and looked at the wall next to her.

 

The sector still had scars from being destroyed, and cracks and damage were easily visible in even the smallest structure. Creepers, Scyphizoa, and other monsters had formed a temporary truce with the humans’ spherical data recovery drones in order to shore up and defend the sector from further damage.

 

She sighed, then turned to look at the massive sphere inside the two orbiting cubes. She walked forwards calmly, then laid a hand on the outermost cube. With a slight whirring like an automatic door, the it opened outwards for her in an appearance not entirely unlike a flower. She reached in and repeated the process with the second cube. Immediately, the core began to pulse orange, a measure designed to show when the core was vulnerable. Laying one finger on it, however, returned it to it’s pure white spherical state.

 

XANA whispered a few words to the sphere, and a bright beam of light shot out of the core, whipping around until it latched onto the wall of the sector.

 

At first, the area around the wall merely turned red, then the wall began to deform. A cone shape was the first to appear, with what looked like golden talons rimming the top. A clear dome capped the cone, and several gooey tentacles pushed their way out of the dome.

 

With a throaty shriek, the new Scyphizoa floated towards the dark queen, its tentacles outstreatched.

 

Holding out the box, she made a few throaty rumbles, and the squid monster bowed down to her, taking the box at the same time.

 

The monster gave a hiss, and then melted back into the wall of the sector.


XANA waited a moment more before she dissolved into a plume of smoke and drifted down and out of the sector…

 

And in the forest sector, a second tower activated.

   

A.N.: You’re wondering why I included the core? Well, aside from that it looks cool, it will serve a purpose later.

 

Also, observe the wording. The core is SECTOR FIVE’s core, not LYOKO’s core. This is my little way of covering a plot hole created by the third season of the show (when the core is destroyed, Lyoko goes Boom!), and given what happened in the last dustup between XANA and Cadence… well, you can see the need for the Lyoko system to be decentralized in retrospect.

 

Though in my defense, I did finish my first story less then twelve hours before season three started, so…

 

Yeah, shorter chapter, but I like it anyway. Got some good XANA action in there, and a bit of a hint as to the dark designs ahead. You rabid Mega/Rockman fans should be semi-expecting what’s to happen; as for you rabid Lyoko fans… well, it’s just a surprise for you.

 

Please Read and Review!

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]