The Flowers of Lyoko by metrunui1
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is just the first few sections of the story, i have a Long way to go....so happy reading. Yes this is my FIRST fan fic in this area, and if you have the time Email me to tell my what you think the best/worst part was. thanks!
Warren walked through the gates of the emense building's coartyard.
"new school, new place, same stupid life." he mumbled, looking around while running a hand through his dark blonde military haircut. A man with a red workout suit and a "weed whacker" style haircut came toward him.
"Welcome to the school, you must be Warren." the guy said, his speaking more like a drill seargents bark. Warren stood straighter and nodded. the man looked at the five boxes, two suitcases, and backpack that were with the kid. "you want any help with that?"
"sure. just dont drop any of them, i prefer my stuff intact, and they are heavy." warren said, as the guy tried, unsuccesfuly to lift one of the boxes.
"what do you have in here? Rocks?" the man asked, looking at warren. "oh by the way my name is Jim."
"no not rocks, i just have a lot of books. i like to read." warren said, walked over to the box that Jim had tried to lift and broght it straight off the ground. "Now i was told that i get a room of my own here by my dad. is that true?" Jim nodded, and then motioned for him to follow him.

A few minutes later Warren had all of his boxes in the empty, one-person room. He sighed, “Well it is better than nothing,” he said to empty air. He walked into the room, leaving the door open to circulate air, and started to move boxes around till he found one in particular. He opened it and took out three thick CD cases and a small, red, tabletop boom box. He plugged it in and put a CD in, Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat started to play, and Warren started to hum along with the songs.
He started to move other boxes around and unpacking them, putting books and notebooks in neatly stacked piles.
“Are you going to just stand there and watch or are you going to help me out?” Warren asked the two boys that had been hovering in his doorway for a few minutes. One was a kid with a spiky blonde and purple hair and a baggy purple outfit. The other was just a bit taller than the other and had flat style brown hair and a baggy green and yellow outfit. The one with the purple outfit came in and started to look at the books that had been unpacked, while the other came in and leaned ageist the wall.
“I’m Warren who are you?” Warren said, starting to pull stuff out again.
“I’m Odd and that is Urich, so where did you did you come from?” the guy in the purple shirt said, his voice high, like he was often hyper.
“Lincoln Nebraska. My parents moved here for the job opportunities for my dad. He works for a company that protects the rights of the disabled.” Warren replied.
“That is cool. So why have you as a boarder?” Odd asked, handing Warren books from the box he had.
“To keep me from killing my sister. She is four years younger than me and drives me absolutely nuts.” Warren said, and then laughed. “But then again it might have been to keep my dad from killing me. We aren’t on very good terms right now and I cant stand being near him for a long time.”
“Yeah family is like that some times.” Odd said, pulling the last of the books out of the box. The other guy Urich was looking through the notebooks that had already been unpacked. He picked one up, and started to look at the cover.
“Hey does this place have a choir program?” Warren asked, pulling up a new box, and opening it.
“Yeah but neither of us are in it so you will have to find out who teaches it.” Odd said, pulling out more books. “You have a lot of books, you read a lot?”
“Yeah and I also write stories of my own and use some of the stuff as bases for them.” Warren said.
“That’s cool.” Urich said. “Hey where do you put your stories up?”
“The Pendragon site, it is a forum for the book series. You ever hear of it?” Warren asked, “I have most of the books, in case you want to read it.”
“Jeremie might like it, maybe Aelita too.” Odd said, pulling out the last of the books from the box.
“That will do for now I will unpack the rest later, thanks for the help.” Warren said, looking at his watch. “6:37, we have to wait practically an hour before they start to serve dinner. You know anything to do around here besides do homework?”
Urich laughed, “Yeah there are. Hey come on, we’ll introduce you to Jeremie and Aelita.”

The trio had just been walking a little bit when a girl with long black hair wearing a pink outfit with a red skirt, followed by two boys, walked up.
“Urich, can you help me out with the algebra assignment? I don’t understand it.” She said, her voice with a hint of a whine to it. The girl was just a bit taller than both Odd and Urich but was just about three inches shorter than Warren.
“Well who is this?” Warren said, he didn’t like preps and this girl had the radiance of a total prep. She is probably one of the popular kids Warren thought, seeing that she has two little lapdogs following her. One was dark haired, wearing a green shirt and khaki pants, and had a real bad acne problem; while the other one was a blonde and had a blue sports jersey with shorts, and looked like her muscle man.
“Sissy this is Warren, he just moved in as a boarder.” Odd said “Warren this is Sissy, Nicolas, and Herb.”
“Ok I can understand Sissy and Nick, but who names their kid Herb?” Warren said, sneering.
“Watch it.” The boy in the green shirt snarled.
Warren crossed his arms and popped his neck “Make me. I’ve been dieing to get some frustration out.”
“Leave him alone Herb.” Sissy said. Then turned to Warren. “And if Herb is that bad what kind of name is Lauren? I thought that was a girl’s name.”
“It is Warren w-a-r-r-e-n. It means defender,” Warren said. “Not to mention it is the name of a saint.”
“I guess that we’ll see you around, Warren.” Sissy said, and then moved off. Herb gave Warren a nasty look before following her.
“Well that was fun.” Warren said, looking at the other two.
“Why did you do that?” Odd asked
“Don’t you feel it?” Warren asked, “That girl is used to getting her way, and she knows it. If she doesn’t get what she wants she starts bugging someone so she can. Am I right when I say that she knows someone powerful here?”
“Yeah her dad is the principal.” Urich said.
“Well that explains a lot. Preps are all the same, they get what they want and discard the rest. So has she been bugging you for a while now?” Warren asked.
“Yeah, she has, and I know that she has a thing for me.” Urich said.
“And you have your eyes on someone else, don’t you?” Warren said, amused.
“Well…Um…. yeah I just haven’t…. erm” Urich stammered.
“Gotten the courage to ask her?” Warren supplied.
“Well aren’t we going to see Jeremie? Come on!” Odd said. They moved off again, even though he tried to hide it Warren could tell that Urich was blushing.
“Don’t worry I tend to see things as they are. Some people try to hide it but I can normally tell.” Warren said, and smiled “Helped me every now and then with friends, they cant find the words and I can help them, like this one time for instance; one of my friends had this problem with their parents and couldn’t find the words. If you ever need to just dump stuff come and talk with me. I bet I can sort things out for you.”
“Thanks.” Urich said. They turned a corner and Odd made a beeline toward a certain room, knocked, and then entered, Warren followed. Inside it was basically the same as Warren’s room except for the three computers at the far side of the room. There were two kids at the computers, one a girl with shocking pink hair in a pink and white hooded sweater, while the other was a boy with sandy blonde hair and a blue turtleneck.
“Hey there Einstein!” Odd said as he entered. “This is Warren, he just moved here as a boarder. Warren this is Jeremie and Aelita.”
“Nice to meet you two.” Warren said, extending a hand for them to shake. Jeremie took it first.
“Nice to meet you. So where did you move from?” Jeremie asked
“Lincoln, Nebraska. My dad got a job in the city and since the house is so far away he thought that I should stay here.” Warren said.
“That’s nice. So what classes do you have?” Aelita asked.
“Haven’t gotten my schedule yet. By the way have you ever sung in a choir?” Warren asked.
“No I haven’t.” Aelita said; sounding confused.
“Well if you want to try come and talk to me I think I have some songs that might be for you. From the sound of your voice I would guess that you are probably a soprano, but you could have some alto. Oh, I’m sorry, that is the choir guy coming out. I have been in several choirs and cant help but listen for new people to sing with.” Warren said. “I have a large selection of both instrumental and vocal pieces. And if you need a baritone, just call me. Just don’t ask me for hard rock or for rap I dislike them both and have only one or two tracks of that type that I just skip over.”
“Oh, ok.” Aelita said.
“Hey what is for dinner today? I haven’t eaten since breakfast.” Warren said.
“Um, I think it is the Salisbury steak, but I’m not sure.” Odd said.
“Ok that sounds good. So, um… who has read the Pendragon series?” Warren said. The others nodded. “Alright, it ok if I show you the Pendragon home page it was made by the writer of the series. And the forum’s pretty cool; there are all sorts of discussions about the books. Not to mention there is a place where you can write your own stories, I go there a lot because I write a lot of stories. If you want to read them just let me know and if I need to do anything be sure to tell me.”
“Sounds cool what is the site named?” Jeremie asked sliding up to the computer.
“The-pen-dragon-adventure-dot-com.” Warren said as Jeremie typed it in. the site came up and warren backed off as the others came up to look at the site. “My name for the forum is metrunui1.” He stood back for a bit letting them explore when all of the sudden the computer started to make this alarm sound. “What the…. What is it.” The other four shared a look. “Your hiding something from me… aren’t you?”
“We don’t have the time to explain right now. But we have to go.” Jeremie said.

“Fine. But you’re going to have to spill afterward.” Warren said, Aelita nodded. The four took of out the door.

“Is that guy psychic? He figures out stuff just by looking at people!!!” Urich said, running with the rest of them toward the forest.
“I don’t know but he could mean trouble for us. Especially if he finds out about Lyoko.” Jeremie said, pulling out his cell phone and pressing in numbers. “Yumi, XANA.” He said then listened for a second then hung up. “She’s coming come on lets move.” BAM!!! Jeremie stumbled as he dodged a fireball aimed at his chest, then the thrower stepped out of the shadows, and it was Sissy. She had a feral look on her face as another fireball emerged in her hand. Jeremie barely dodged the next fireball, and started to run toward the others who had not noticed him fall. Unfortunately Sissy was faster, and easily out ran him, blocking him off from the others. As Jeremie watched, ready to dodge the latest fireball, a kid came flying out of nowhere and tackled Sissy, pinning her to the ground.
“Looked like you could use some help.” Warren said struggling to keep Sissy down. “I don’t know how much longer I can hold her! GO!!!” Jeremie took off leaving Warren to struggle with the possessed girl. The others were waiting when he got to the manhole.
“Where were you?” Aelita asked, as he climbed down into the sewers.
“XANA got to Sissy, and I now owe that new kid. He is holding Sissy down right now, and had saved me from being roasted.” Jeremie said, picking up his scooter.
“Well at least we know that he is handy to have around. Even though he is really creepy.” Odd said.
“What about me?” Warren said, walking out of the shadows. The four looked at him like he had two heads. “I think that I knocked that Sissy girl out, she managed to get me off her and then she tried to fry me and I smashed her into a tree, so she didn’t get up, and then came to see if I could help anymore. WHAT???”
“No time just follow us.” Odd said. The five ran through the sewers following a well-known path, at least for most of them. They emerged into daylight under a bridge, and standing just a little farther down the bridge stood Sissy.
“No way. She beat us here?” Warren said, settling down into a street fighter’s crouch.
“We have to get past,” Aelita said.
“Ok, I’ll keep her busy… this is going to be fun.” Warren said, and then charged at Sissy. She threw a fireball at him, and it scorched his shoulder. Aelita gasped. “GO. I’ll be fine!” Warren yelled and brought up his knee into Sissy’s stomach. The four ran past him into the large building.
“That guy’s brave.” Aelita said as she got into the elevator.
“That or he has a death wish.” Urich said.
“Yeah but either way we need to thank him for saving our hides.” Odd said.
“Lets focus on getting the tower deactivated first, then on thanking him.” Jeremie said pressing the button to activate the elevator. The kids waited with learned patience as the elevator made its way down the chute. Jeremie got out first, and went to his seat at the super computer, while the others went down to the scanners.
“Ok guys you are going to be in the mountain region, so be ready.” Jeremie said over the speaker system set up in the scanner room. The three stepped into the scanners as Jeremie started the virtualization sequence.
Outside Warren was starting to get tired, the girl seemed to be running on batteries. No matter how many times he had hit her she just kept on coming. He dodged another one of the endless fireballs that she threw at him…and then ran up to slug her again only to have her shove him back with inhuman strength. He hit the railing of the bridge and started to see stars. “I will not black out,” he said to himself as the edges of his vision started to turn dark. He tried to stand up, but wasn’t able to. Right before he passed out he saw a kid in black coming toward him, but then again everything was black.

Yumi was used to the constant calls from Jeremie or the others, it got that way when you had been doing it for over a year. She could also go to the factory in her sleep if she needed to, she had memorized every step of the way.
But what she wasn’t used to was seeing another kid fighting a XANA possessed person. As she ran to the factory she noticed Sissy and a kid that she didn’t know fighting, seeing how Sissy could throw fireballs she had to be possessed by XANA, the other kid seemed to be pretty good, Yumi could see a few spots where the fireballs had hit him, leaving a charred hole in his shirt. As she got close the boy tried another attack only to be repelled by Sissy and slam into the railing of the bridge, and not get back up. Sissy started to walk toward him summoning a fireball to each hand, but before she got to the boy Yumi kicked her in the back, sending her into the river below. Yumi picked up the unconscious kid and started to carry him into the factory, once she had him in the elevator she took him down to the control room. When she got there Jeremie was totally absorbed in the computer screens, and only glanced at her.
“Jeremie! Give me a hand here!” She said, now having to drag the boy into the room. Jeremie jumped up and ran to her.
“Wow he really does have a death wish!” Jeremie said, helping Yumi drag Warren over to the wall.
“You know this guy?” Yumi asked, shocked.
“Yeah he just moved in as a boarder, but anyway the others need you on Lyoko.” Jeremie flinched as a blast of sound came from his headset. “Go Odd just got blasted, he is coming out now. He’ll take care of Warren.”
Yumi nodded and headed to the elevator only to have it open as she got to it, reveling a very familiar face. Yumi tensed as it opened, having been jumped too many times by XANA possessed fiends for her liking, only to see Odd, leaning ageist the back of it.
“Hey there.” he said, breathlessly. Moving forward slowly.
“We have something for you to do other than watching the screen.” Yumi said, moving past him. Warren was starting to wake up.
“Ok just hurry, they are getting creamed out there.” Odd said, going to sit by Warren. Yumi nodded as the doors closed, and went to the scanners.

ON LYOKO:
After being materialized into Lyoko, Aelita looked around.
“The tower isn’t that far from your currant position, North by northwest,” Jeremie said. “And here are your vehicles. Aelita, the overwing is for you.”
“Alright Einstein, we’ll take it from here.” Odd said, hopping on his hover board.
“Be carefull. We don’t know what XANA has planned for us this time…” Jeremie said as the group took off in the direction of the tower. They were unaccompanied for a long time when out of nowhere, two groups of hornets came along. “Watch it guys.”
“No problem, Aelita get to the tower.” Odd said, leaving the other two to fight the creatures. The other two took off, heading along the road to the tower. Odd turned to the hornets “Alright, lets go.” He said then let loose a couple of laser arrow shots, destroying one of the hornets, unfortunately that left five. Three of the hornets turned and followed Urich and Aelita, while the others took a few shots at Odd. “I got one, and now three are heading off toward Aelita.” He said to Jeremie. BAM a laser blast hit him in the arm. Ignoring the words of caution from Jeremie, Odd shot off a few more laser arrows at the incoming creatures, and missing on all of the shots. “Uh-oh” he said as he tried to fire off a few more shots, only to discover that he was out of ammo…
Meanwhile, Urich and Aelita were moving toward the tower, when Jeremie gave them the warning about the hornets; they grouped tighter together, still without the tower in sight.
“Jeremie how much farther to the tower?” Urich asked, speeding along, watching for the incoming hornets.
“Just a little farther and you will be able to see it.” Jeremie said, “By the way I think that you were right about Warren, he does have a death wish…Yumi just brought him in and he is a wreck. It looks like he took three fireballs and a beating too.”
“Ouch, I don’t envy him in the least.” Urich said, flinching. “But you have to admit, that guy can stand a lot!” The two burst out of a bottleneck area only to have their vehicles blasted out from under them, making them both fly to the ground. Hovering over them were several hornets, all waiting for them to get up… the group had learned a long time ago that even XANA had a code of honor, and as soon at the two would get up the hornets would start to let loose. Jumping from his position Urich dispatched one of the hornets. “Aelita get to the tower!” he yelled dodging and blocking laser fire. Out of thin air came a blazing fan, which struck a hornet and destroyed it.
“I’m not too late am I?” Yumi asked as she joined the fray. The two kept a tight line of defense around Aelita, blocking shots and attacking when possible; doing so they slowly made their way toward the tower.

On Earth:
When Yumi went down to the scanners, Odd went to look at Warren, who was waking up. Warren had three, still smoking holes on him, one on his right leg, and two on his arm, he had also gotten a collection of cuts and bruises.
“He looks like he was mugged.” Odd said, taking account of all that had happened to Warren. Warren opened his eyes, which were unfocused. “He’s awake.”
“Ow.” Warren said, and shook his head. Suddenly he sat up, “Where is she? Where am I?”
“Whoa. Slow down. Jeremie we need to get him to the hospital.” Odd said.
“I can handle myself, I don’t need to go to the hospital.” Warren said, pulling up his shirt and ripping it into strips, which he tied tightly to the burns and bigger cuts, all the while looking around him.
“Doesn’t that hurt?” Odd said.
“A bit, the burns are the worst though, but I think that I’m not feeling all the pain that I should be feeling.” Warren said, leaning against the wall.
“Why did you do that? You could have died.” Odd said, watching Warren tie the scraps of cloth around his arm.
“Because I did, I don’t run off on people when they need my help, especially with friends.” Warren said, and flinched.
“I'm going to use the return to the past program, that way you don’t have to be in pain at all.” Jeremie said. “But unfortunately you wont remember any of this.”
“And you will?” Warren asked, Odd nodded. “Then I expect you to remember that you owe me, and I still expect an explanation on all of this.” Before any of the others could respond the elevator door were blown open, literally, and standing there was Sissy. Warren jumped to his feet, wincing, and charged toward the possessed girl, not hearing Jeremie say something, and then a flash of white light came from the computer.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]