The Flowers of Lyoko by metrunui1
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
“I ain’t goin to beg if that is what’chu want.” Warren said, pulling out the southern accent that he had gained in the two years down in Texas. He normally stomped down on it when it showed up but at some times he enjoyed having it, the accent wasn’t something that people really heard a lot of and it caught them off guard more often than not.
“What?” the guy said, looking startled, and then his face hardened into a steely look “You’ve been watching Criminal Minds too much kid.”
“Glad I’m not the only one who watches it.” Warren said, smiling
“Shut up!” The guy said.
“What are you going to do? Kill me?” Warren said, still smiling.
“I said SHUT UP!” The guy said, and then before Warren could react, he pivoted and shot at the crowd…there was a scream, and the guy got tackled by several people. Warren looked around to see if anyone got hit, and saw Aleisha in a pool of blood.
“Aleisha,” Warren said, trying to move toward her, but the air seemed to have turned to water, slowing him down. It seemed like an hour before he got to her. Her breath was coming in quick gasps and her face was pale, Warren grabbed her hand, gently rubbing it. “Please Aleisha, hold on.”

Blip………blip………blip………blip
“She will be fine, the bullet didn’t hurt her that badly, it was the shock that caused the most damage. She will have to stay with us for a bit to make sure that there will not be anything major when she leaves.” The doctor said, looking at the clipboard that he held. Warren heard this but it didn’t really register with him, he just sat there, holding her hand. Aelita stood looking at the doctor, actually paying attention to him as he listed off things that were probably going to happen. Aelita knew that Warren was too shocked to take any of it in at all. After the doctor had left she waited for a second and then went over to Warren, when he looked at her his eyes were red and puffy from crying.
“She will be fine Warren. Come on, let’s go back to the school.” She said, her voice pleading with him. Warren looked back at Aleisha for a second and then got up and followed Aelita back to the school, lost in a daze of sorrow. Several people approached them when they got there, mainly students, but Aelita sent them away, Warren needed some time to himself. She knew that he was completely broken inside because of what had happened, and needed time to put the pieces of his life back together.
When Warren got to his room he got out the CD player and the picture of him and Aleisha, then began to cry…

Next day:
“Man, he has it hard!”
“He did WHAT?”
“And now his girlfriend is in the hospital.”
Warren drifted through the day, only half there…his mind on Aleisha. Most people left him alone, but some just had to rub it in…
“So what happened to your girlfriend?” Herb’s sneering voice came in the courtyard. “Oh, that’s right, you got her shot.”
Warren gave him a look and then started to move toward the football field for gym class, Herb followed. “I heard that you had her shot on purpose cause you didn’t like her anymore.” He jeered.
Warren whirled, “Shut your trap before I shut it for you dunce!”
Herb smiled and crossed his arms; Jim was on the field and would probably stop Warren if he attacked him. “Make me. You’re so stupid that you ended up with your friend shot cause you just didn’t want to be with her anymore…”
He didn’t get any farther; cause Warren launched himself at Herb, already swinging. Jim noticed this right away and moved forward to break up the fight, but Yumi and Urich were already there, putting themselves between Warren and Herb.
“Get out of my way.” Warren growled, trying to get past them to get to the cowering Herb.
“No, I can’t say that he doesn’t deserve this but this is the wrong way to do this Warren.” Yumi said, her voice soft and comforting, like she was talking to a frightened animal.
“He deserves to have his head shoved into the ground for what he said.” Warren said, and then tried to force his way past the two.
“He deserves a lot of stuff, but this isn’t the time for this.” Yumi said, using the same tone as before. “Please Warren, calm down.”
“After what he said? Hell no!” Warren said, his eyes burning with pain and fury. Herb stood up and started to back away from Warren, who raced forward and shoved the other two out of his way. Yumi tried to grab one of his arms but missed, Warren sent a roundhouse kick at Herb’s head, which connected with a crack that everyone heard. Blood spewed out of Herb’s nose and down his front, and a few girls gasped. Herb flew a few feet and landed hard on the football turf, but his moment of bliss was cut short by Warren landing on him and started to punch him rapidly. After a second of shock Odd, Yumi and Urich rushed forward and pulled Warren off Herb.
“Oh…my…god” A girl said under her breath. Herb’s face was torn to pieces…both eyes swelling and turning black, and his nose spewing blood. Warren managed to shake Yumi and Urich off him and ran towards the forest.
Jim started to follow him “Let him go. He needs some time to be alone after this.” Urich said, and Jim nodded.
Yumi went over to Herb, “He’s out, lucky guy.” She said.
“Lucky? How can he be lucky after that?” a guy in the crowd asked.
“He isn’t in major pain. Trust me when you are on the receiving end of Warren’s anger you feel like you got hit by a train and then some.” Urich explained, remembering the fight that he had with Warren while he was under XANA’s influence.
“He should be happy Warren didn’t hit him in the chest, it would have broken ALL of his ribs.” Yumi said.
“Oh my lord!” a voice said, Yumi and Urich turned around to see the nurse running to Herb’s side, someone must have gone to get her. “Jim, help me get him to the infirmary!” Jim scooped Herb up in a fireman’s hold and ran off with the nurse toward the school.
Yumi gave Urich a look “We warned him, so don’t feel bad about him.” She said.
“I’m not worried about Herb, I’m worried about Warren.” He said.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]