The Flowers of Lyoko by metrunui1
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ive been told that this is one of the best chapters for this story! Let me know if you think so.
Jeremie and Aelita worked hard assembling the computer, using some old parts and some of the ones that they had just bought.
“Warren has come a long way from when we first met him.” Jeremie said.
“Yeah, he was so withdrawn that it seemed like he didn’t want t be around people,” she smiled “Now he is one of the most outgoing people I know, other than Odd of coarse. In that Intro to Music class he talked me into taking he is a teacher’s assistant; you should see the way girls look at him behind his back.” She burst into giggles. “They talk all the time on how cute he is and are always asking me questions about him cause they know that we are friends.”
Jeremie gave her a look “Has any of them asked him out yet?”
Aelita nodded, “This one girl did a while back but Warren said ‘I’m not ready for any real relationship with anyone here just yet. Sorry’”
“That sounds like Warren…he has never really liked a whole lot of attention.” Jeremie said.
Aelita sighed “Yeah it is…but at sometimes when he sees us or Urich and Yumi he gets this ‘lost in sorrow’ kinda look in his eyes. Yumi has noticed it too.”
Jeremie gave her a startled look “I haven’t noticed that.” He said and Aelita rolled her eyes in the typical ‘boys’ gesture that some girls give when a guy has said or done something particularly stupid.
“I sure hope that Warren enjoys his birthday surprise.” Jeremie said, changing the topic. They had figured out that Warren’s birthday was just a small amount of time away, and decided to make him something special. After all Yumi was getting him a cell phone, so that was not on the list. Urich and Odd had chipped together and had gotten him a huge stack of books, mainly RP ones that were not D&D.
“Yeah me too… I know that he will enjoy the stack of books that Urich and Odd got him… he loves to read those things constantly.” Aelita said, checking certain parts over to see if they should use them.
“Yeah that is right…he loves those books as much as he loves music.” Jeremie said, Aelita laughed, and then went back to putting together the computer PC. Right when they were about to screw the top on Jeremie’s computer started to beep. “What now?” he said, and then pulled it out…there on screen was a flashing red tower. “Get Warren, XANA is back for more.” He said and Aelita took off. Jeremie called the rest of the group and then started to the factory.
Aelita joined him a few seconds later. “He isn’t in his room, he probably went off to do something…and didn’t expect to get called.” She said.
“Ok, the rest of the group is coming as soon as they get the chance. Lets see what XANA is throwing at us this time.” Jeremie replied as they ran to the manhole that covered the way to the factory. They managed to get there in reasonable time, and then waited. Odd showed up chipper and ready for action…the others didn’t show up.
“Odd you and Aelita go to Lyoko and see what you can do if anything at all.” Jeremie instructed and then started to type on the supercomputer. The other two nodded and headed down to the scanners. As they scanned onto Lyoko Jeremie got a little worried about the other three. XANA normally attacked one of the others in the group in some way, maybe the others were being held up by what XANA had put up against them. Odd and Aelita got onto Lyoko safely and started toward the tower, meeting a few small monsters along the way. Suddenly Jeremie got a call from Urich.
“Jeremie, its Warren! XANA has gotten……………” the line went dead, but Jeremie had gotten the picture. XANA had possessed Warren and was using him to get to the group.

Urich and Yumi had been window-shopping in town when they had gotten the call, they were used to it by now. Urich wasn’t really into shopping but if it meant that he would get time alone with Yumi, then he was game. They had been strolling down the roads, stopping here and there to look at some stuff, and talking. They didn’t do this very often before but when Warren had come they had gotten closer because of Warren’s advice. When they got the call they headed over to the riverside and from there to the factory. When they got there they saw Warren standing on the bridge, hands behind his back, waiting for something. The two started toward him when he turned, and then his body rippled, like you see when your TV is messed up… a thing that they saw all too often.
“Oh, no.” Yumi said, nervously. She had seen it too, and knew what it meant. In that second Warren lashed out, starting to fight both of the kids at once. They had all been practicing together so Yumi and Urich saw most of what Warren was about to do by the movements that he made beforehand, but it was the same on the other end, so they hardly even dented Warren’s defense. They tried all sorts of combinations of moves but none of them worked. Eventually the two started to tire, but Warren was still as energetic as ever. Slowly, ever so slowly he started to get through holes in their defenses. Urich was able to slip away for a few seconds to call Jeremie and actually got most of the message across before XANA/Warred smashed his cell phone. It was now apparent that XANA was winning the fight; Urich and Yumi were not doing so well. Warren was fighting Yumi for a second and then switched to Urich so fast that Urich had no idea what was coming and got kicked straight in the head, knocking him flying, he hit the wall of the factory and slumped to the floor, out cold. Warren then turned to Yumi who stood in shock. Warren started to walk toward her and then stopped for a second, as if there were two people fighting for control of the body, and then continued to walk in a jerky, half controlled way. Yumi tried her best to get out of the way of Warren’s attacks, but then was backed into the wall of the factory. Warren grabbed her by the throat and then slammed her up against the wall high above the ground. Yumi let out a half frightened, half startled squeak. She looked deep into Warren’s eyes and saw something that she didn’t see a lot, the eyes were shifting between XANA’s symbol, and Warren’s blue. He’s fighting XANA’s control! She realized starting to gasp for air. XANA/Warren drew back his other hand and made a fist, about to swing.

ON LYOKO:

Odd and Aelita materialized on a large slab of ice, overlooking a great open area with lines of ice along them. The looked around for a second, trying to see any monsters. There were none, at least for now.
“You know the first time that I came here I was awestruck…this place is amazing.” Odd said.
“Yeah I guess that you are right.” Aelita said as a purple, hovering surfboard-like thing materialized in front of them. Odd jumped onto it with Aelita behind him. They went a while and met a few blocks but thanks to the training that they group had done Odd hit both on the first shot at them.
“You’re getting real good Odd.” Aelita said. Odd smiled and went a little faster on the board. Soon they came up near the tower only to see two tarantulas… odd thought about the ways he could get passed them. Suddenly he got an idea that was sure to work, or he thought it would. He quickly explained what he was going to do to Jeremie and Aelita.
Aelita smiled mischievously, “Looks like you really were paying attention to Warren in those simulations after all” she said and then dismounted the overboard, just outside of the blast radius of the tarantulas. Odd flew up and then started to dive at one of the tarantulas, firing three quick shots at the other, all found their mark and the tarantula blew up…the first one started to rapidly fire at Odd, but was too late. Odd jumped off the overboard just before it hit the tarantula square in the head, and blew up. Jeremie started telling him that it had been a wonderful idea.

ON EARTH:

Yumi waited for the blow to come, her eyes closed. She felt the minor tingle in the air that always happened right before they went through the time reversal. She opened her eyes and was startled to find Warren’s fist about an inch from her face. “Perfect timing Jeremie” she thought. She felt the grasp on her neck relax a bit and then a brilliant white light emerged from the building.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]