The Flowers of Lyoko by metrunui1
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Then next morning the group gathered outside the small building that held the soda machines, all except for Warren.
“I don’t know where he is…I tried his room after we got back but he wasn’t there.” Aelita said; sounding worried.
“Hey Aelita don’t you have him in your fourth hour class?” Yumi asked.
“Yeah he is the teachers assistant.” Aelita responded. “You want me to talk to him then?”
“Just tell him that we need to talk about what happened. Tell him that we will meet him in my room after school.” Jeremie said. Aelita nodded as the first bell rang, and the group split up heading to various classes. The whole group was on edge… Warren was not one to mess with and they didn’t know how this affected him. When fourth hour finally came around Aelita hurried to the class, which was Intro to Music. Warren was sitting in the corner going through sheet music that the teacher had brought out for one of the other classes. Before she got to him she nearly ran into a small fifth grader that was getting her folder.
“Hey watch it.” She said, pulling out a pamphlet on music theory.
“Sorry.” Aelita responded. As the bell rang Aelita grabbed her own folder and went to sit down, she had decided to ask Warren to come to the factory as they were getting ready to end class. About halfway through class one girl, the one that Aelita had run into earlier went over to him and then tapped his shoulder.
Warren turned around “What is it this time Kim?” he asked sounding minorly chipper.
The girl, Kim was twitching a bit and blushed “W-w-warren, will you go out with me?” she asked.
Warren’s eyes blazed, not with anger, but sorrow. “I’m sorry Kim I’m taken.” He said, a hint of the sorrow that was in his eyes creeping into his voice.
The girl turned a darker shade of red… “Taken? By whom, Aelita?” she asked
Warren smiled minorly “No, Aelita isn’t my girl, but I am still taken.” Warren turned around to finish putting up the music that the teacher had him working with.
When he stood up Kim was still there, and though she was a head and a half shorter than he was she still towered in anger and hurt. “I don’t know what you are pulling but I’ve noticed you… you look at other couples and you get this look, like you are lost…I just thought that you needed someone to be with so you wouldn’t feel that way.” She said, most of the class watching now, and the classroom was completely quiet.
Warren noticed the class watching “I’m sorry but I already have someone.” He reached under his shirt and brought out a chain and on the end of it was a silver ring with a wavelike pattern on it. “My Girl has this same type of ring, and we have sworn to marry each other as soon as we can, I just miss not being around her.” Warren stuffed the necklace back into his shirt, looking farther away then he ever had before, and picked up his bag. “Now I have Chemistry to get to…excuse me.”

“Can you believe it?”
“Wow, I wish my guy was like that.”
“It’s just a shame, he’s so hot.”
“He said that he’s going to marry her?”
“My girlfriend has been complaining that I am not like him!”
Whispers followed Warren the rest of the day, and he hated it. It wasn’t just the talk; it was how girls looked at him too, as if it was his fault that they were single or something. He managed to get through all his classes, and other than seeing Aelita in Intro to Music; he didn’t see most of the group, which he appreciated. He went straight to his room after school, and flopped on his bed. After a few seconds he sat up a bit and reached under his pillow, then pulled out a picture frame with him and a girl in the picture.
“You have no idea how much I miss you.” He said, seemingly aiming it at the girl in the picture. He just sat there for a bit staring at the picture. There was a knock at his door and a letter shoved under it. Warren got up and picked it up, it was from his parents. Warren shook his head and put it on his dresser, unopened, then went to look at the picture again. He would leave it for later. The less that his parents were involved in his life the better for some things.

The morning about five days later Aelita was waiting for him in the cafeteria. Warren made a flick of his fingers at her, as if shooing her away. Aelita nodded, but looked a little disappointed, and went out the door. Warren had told the group that he wanted out for a bit, at least till he had himself back together again, and they understood. Most of the time the entire group left him alone, but Aelita seemed to be trying to get him better so he could get back in the fold. Unfortunately, it just ticked off Warren after a bit, and he had asked her to leave him alone. After he finished breakfast he noticed Jim hanging out near the front gates.
“Hey Jim, what’s up?” Warren asked, unlike some of the other kids he had actually gained a good friendship with the teacher.
“New kid coming in, you don’t mind giving her the tour? I have some stuff that needs planning.” Jim said. Warren nodded and waited around; it would get him out of a few classes at least. “Ok then, you have a piece of spare paper that I could use right?” Warren reached and grabbed one of his doodle notebooks and passed it to Jim, along with a pen. Jim wrote him a pass that would get him out of the first two classes, and warren went and showed it to his teachers and when he got back he saw a person that made him freeze in his tracks.
The girl was just a little shorter than him with minorly curly black hair that she had in a pony tail, and lightly bronzed skin. She wore a white T-shirt and jeans that had what looked like a design of light green vines growing up the seams. Warren smiled for the first time in days “ALEISHA!!!” The girl’s head snapped in his direction, and she ran to him and hugged him hard, he hugged her back.
“Warren it is so good to see you again.” The girl, Aleisha said, through Warren’s shirt.
“Yeah it is, but what are you doing here?” Warren asked, enjoying the odd but nice feeling of her skin on his. The feeling was always there when she was real close to him or touching his skin.
She drew back a bit. “My dad got a job transfer here. So they thought to just send me here. Your parents said they had sent you a letter. Did you not get it?” she asked.
Warren nearly laughed. “I have it unopened on my dresser…I don’t really want any contact with my parents at this time. Aliesha smiled and stepped back, at this time Warren noticed that Jim and about seven kids were watching them, including most of the Lyoko group. Yumi and Aelita gave him a knowing look, they could tell, Warren winked at them. “So Jim said that you were moving in here and I was to give you a tour of the place.” Warren said and then picked up two of the three large bags and started toward the dormitories, Aliesha following right behind him.

Odd sat down at the table, and to his surprise, a girl he had never seen before came and sat just across from him.
“You new here?” Odd asked. The girl nodded. “So, did anyone give you the tour yet?”
“Not yet but I hope that I will get it soon enough.” She said, eating her lunch.
“Oh that is too bad, this place is amazing…maybe I should show you around after lunch?” Odd said.
The girl looked up at him and gave this tomboy-like smile “Maybe, maybe not.” She said, “Depends on if my body guard lets you come along.”
“You won’t need a body guard if you come with me.” Odd said, and mentally crossed his fingers.
“Glad you have met my girlfriend Odd.” Warren said coming up from behind Odd and sitting down next to Aleisha. He turned to her when he saw a small blush go into Odd’s cheeks. “Don’t tell me that he was hitting on you!” he said, turning to Aleisha.
“I actually would have been disappointed if he hadn’t.” Aleisha said, winking at Odd, and pouting prettily. Warren groaned and hugged her shoulders, he had missed being around her, she always had some way to make him smile.
The rest of the group joined them soon and introductions were made so everyone knew each other. Warren could tell that Aleisha would become good friends with the entire group, just as he had. Warren smiled and pulled Aleisha into a hug, this year might not be so bad after all.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]