The Flowers of Lyoko by metrunui1
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Warren’s day went past quickly, especially with Aleisha at the school. It had been the best surprise that he could have ever gotten.
“I had thought that I wouldn’t see you till summer” Warren said.
“As soon as I found out that I was going to be coming here I wanted to start packing right away, even though it was about a month till we were going to be here.” she said, holding Warren’s hand.
“I missed you so much, some of the girls asked me out while I was here, and in the end I showed them the ring.” Warren said.
Aleisha smiled and pulled up her left hand, showing the silver ring on her finger. “I wear mine all the time, I don’t even take it off. Where do you have yours?” She asked. Warren pulled out the chain that the ring was on, Aleisha smiled. “You know the biggest reason that I am happy that I am here?” Aleisha asked, drawing closer to Warren, he shook his head… “Cause I can do this.” She said, and then kissed him, and to Warren it seemed to go on forever. A pleasant shiver ran down his spine as the kiss deepened, and felt the same going down Aleisha’s back. This kiss was amazing, packing the longing of months into seconds…it was like being charged with thousands of volts of electricity for Warren. The very air around them seemed to shimmer with the emotions that they were giving out.
“EEWWWWWWW!!!” an explosion of sound made them burst apart and look. There was a small group of boy scouts and their leaders, who had apologetic looks on their faces.
“Let’s go somewhere else Aleisha…I don't know if we will run into anyone else out here.” Warren whispered, taking Aleisha’s hand, and then walked toward the school.

One day later:
“Well, what do you think so far?” Aelita asked Aleisha, their rooms were right next door to each other and they had become friends right off the bat thanks to Warren.
“I think that I will enjoy myself here, I already have friends here, I probably will like the teachers, and Warren’s here.” Aleisha said, putting up a poster from the Pendragon series.
Aelita smiled “Yeah, he is real cute, you should have seen the girls staring at him…it was so funny!” she said and then giggled at the memory.
Aleisha looked at her with a wry grin “I would have paid to see what the reaction was when he showed that girl the ring…it would have been priceless.” She said, and Aelita laughed. Aleisha had found out about the incident the day before.
“Hey Aleisha. What would you get Warren for his birthday?” Aelita asked, and Aleisha stiffened.
“Our birthdays are about two weeks apart…but I am still not sure what to get him just yet.” Aleisha said. “You getting him anything?” Aelita explained what the group was getting him, including about the newly completed computer. “Wow, that is a lot…I might just get him a few new CDs that he doesn’t have just yet. I'm kind’a short on cash.”
“We all are at some times.” Aelita said, handing a strip of tape to Aleisha, who took it. “We all have some things that we want to get, but for some of us we just can’t get that thing...and it is hard a lot of the time.” Aelita’s voice took on a sorrowful tone for a second at the end.
Aleisha finished putting the poster up and turned to Aelita “You want to talk about it?” she asked.
“Not right now…I need to figure some stuff out first.” Aelita said, looking at her feet.
Aleisha turned around and looked Aelita in the eye “If you ever need someone to talk to I will be there.” She said.
Aelita nodded, “I think that you will understand soon enough.” She whispered, too softly for Aleisha to hear.

Warren was walking through the mall with Aleisha, after all it was her birthday, and he had decided to take her on a shopping spree. She had really dressed up in a white cotton shirt with a light blue sweater and a light blue skirt with a light honey-yellow tracery around the bottom of it. Warren had a white t-shirt and jeans with a faded denim jacket that had a picture of three chain links it the theater masks on each side of the links and in red the words “Lincoln High School” on top and the words “The Outsiders, March 16-18 2006”. They went from place to place, buying CDs, books, posters, and other things. He was having the best time ever, especially with Aleisha there with him finally. They even had lunch there, at a Mexican restaurant named Impala’s Memories, which actually had true Mexican cuisine, an oddity for this area of the US. They had just come out of a shoe store when suddenly there was a loud sharp sound, and Aleisha put a hand to her stomach. When she pulled it away it was red, blood red, and a splotch of red was on her shirt, and spreading.
“No…” Warren whispered. He caught her as she started to fall, but his limbs felt like they were made of stone…and his joints felt like they were rusted in place. He looked up and standing there was a shadowy figure, he couldn’t make anything out but the eyes, with XANA’s symbol in them. Warren looked back to Aleisha, but her skin was cold and pale, and her eyes were empty and dull.
“NO!!!” Warren yelled as he sat bolt upright…in his bed at school. He looked around for a few seconds, unsure of where he was and where Aleisha was. This was the third night in a row that he had had this nightmare, and it always seemed to get worse. Once he had calmed down a bit he looked at his clock, it was 4:58…and school started in practically four hours…and he wasn’t going to get any more sleep. Warren sighed and pulled out a book that he had by his nightstand.

“I just don't understand, he has been acting like there is something that I shouldn’t know…and he is normally so open with me.” Aleisha said, toying with the mashed potatoes that came with the dinner, Warren had finished early and had gone to talk with his Chemistry teacher about an assignment problem. “I mean, before I could talk with him about anything, school, parents, dreams…all sorts of stuff. But now he seems to have a lot on his mind, and doesn’t want me to know about it.”
“He’s probably stressed out right now, I mean quarter Finals are in less than a week.” Odd said.
“Yeah, plus he hasn’t seen you in ages, so that is putting more pressure on him.” Aelita said.
“I guess you’re right.” Aleisha sighed. “I just wish that he was more open with me.”
Aelita put her arm around her, “I know that feeling.” Aleisha smiled.
Jeremie nodded, “He has a lot on his plate right now, I don’t really know how he is taking it.” He said.
“Well I hope he can tell me soon enough…” Aleisha said. Jeremie’s computer started to beep franticly; he pulled it out and took one look at the screen.
“Actually I think that we can show you.” Jeremie said as he and the entire group got up. Aleisha got up and followed them, wondering where they were going.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]