Mystery Pain by GarageKid
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Yumi hurried home as fast as her legs would carry her. As soon as she got home her father was on the couch, empty beer cans on the glass coffee table. She walked in quietly, but soon her father was up and looking at her.

"Yumi, where have you been?!" Her father yelled angirly getting up and walking over to her with his fist clenched. Yumi winced as her dad punched her making her slam her back against the wall.

"I was at school." Yumi said weakly getting up and walking near the table picking up the beer cans and throwing them in the trash.

"Don't turn your back on me." Her father warned as Yumi felt something heavy slam into her mid-back sending her flying into the glass coffee table.

Jeremie, Odd, Ulrich, and Aelita where in Odd and Ulrich's dorm. Aelita told them about the original plan being for Yumi to fake suicide for some reason, but since nothing happened that day. It all seemed OK for now.

"I don't get it. Why would Yumi fake suicide?" Odd asked.

"I don't know, I may have over looked something that she wrote in her diary." Aelita said. "Hiroki must have been part of it though, why else would he help Odd get Yumi's diary."

"I wonder what's going on with her." Ulrich said. Aelita looked at him.

"She really likes you, Ulrich." Aelita said.

"I know that now, but what am I supposed to do now?" Ulrich asked.

"Break up with Sissi." Odd said. "If it was me in your position where I had to choose between Yumi and Sissi, I would choose Yumi. No that I like her as more then a friend, just in general, I would choose Yumi over Sissi."

"Everyone would." Jeremie said.

"I deep down so really like Yumi back, but it seems wrong to break up with Sissi like that. I really like Yumi, I do." Ulrich said.

"This is different, Yumi needs you. Sissi would never do suicide for you, like Yumi said in her song. Your only a part of Sissi's Gallery. Sissi can always find another guy, she has hundreds of guys after her." Aelita said. "Yumi wont go after guys like Sissi will."

"Maybe we should head over to Yumi's." Ulrich said.

"Or you could and we could stay out until you and Yumi work this out." Aelita said. Ulrich nodded and walked out the door and headed to the Ishiyama household.

Meanwhile Yumi's father had gone to bed, leaving Yumi on the floor near the broken coffee table. Her back hurt, and she had a big deep cut down her leg along with a few other cuts. She heard the knock on the door, but she couldn't pull herself up.

"Yumi? You there?" Ulrich's voice asked. He opened the door and saw Yumi on the floor. "Yumi! Are you OK?"

"What are you doing here?" Yumi demanded.

"Looking for you, look Aelita told me you liked me." Ulrich said kneeling down next to her. "What happened?"

"My dad happend." Yumi said as she saw the confused look on Ulrich's face. "He did this, he was drunk and he had a bad bay, so he beat me." Ulrich's jaw dropped.

"Where is he now?" Ulrich asked.

"Asleep. Don't worry, when he sleeps drunk, he sleeps like he's dead." Yumi said. "Hiroki is up in his room asleep."

"And your dad left you on the floor? Why didn't you get up and leave?" Ulrich asked.

"My back hurts too much to move, he hit me with something hard, and my leg hurts." Yumi said. Ulrich looked to the corner where he could see a hammer laying on the floor.

"So you where going to sleep on the floor?" Ulrich asked. "You can't do that, plus it's freezing in here." He saw Yumi shiver and tried to help her up.

"Forget it, I can't stand up." Yumi said. Ulrich decided to take a different aproch. He picked her up bridle style and layed her on the couch. Yumi turned to lay on her side facing Ulrich.

"Lay on your stomach, I want to check that he did to your back." Ulrich said as Yumi slid out of her jacket, Ulrich murmured a few German curse words as he noticed her arms were bruised with oozing cuts. "What did he do to you?"

"Beat me." Yumi said coldly as she layed on her back. Ulrich moved her T-shirt up enough to see the dark purple greenish bruise on her back. Yumi yipped as Ulrich touched the bruise.

"Sorry." Ulrich said as he ran he hand gentley down her spine across the bruise. "Good thing you didn't break anything."

"It still hurts." Yumi said reminding him his hand was still on the bruise.

"Sorry." Ulrich said as he stood up. "I'll be right back." He promised as he walked into the kitchen. He filled one of the bowls with warm water with a clean wash cloth and reach up to the cabnit and took down a roll of bandages. He hurried back to Yumi laying on the couch.

"This may sting a little." Ulrich warned as he started to clean out the oozing cuts on her arms. Yumi yipped slightly as he cleaned out the cuts. He neatly wrapped the cuts. "Sit up." He said helping her get into a sitting position. He started to clean out the cut on her leg.

"Why are doing this?" Yumi asked.

"Because, I really like you." Ulrich said.

"You sure have a funny way of showing it." Yumi said as the warm water stung her leg.

"Yumi, I only went out with Sissi because I thought you where in love with William." Ulrich said as he wrapped her leg, hearing her yip. "Too tight?"

"No, it just stings you know." Yumi said as she winced at the pain in her leg.

"All done, you can lay back down." Ulrich said as she layed down. He rested the warm cloth on the bruise on her back. "Keep that on your back." He said as her stood up and got a blanket out of the closet and put in over her body.

"Thanks." Yumi said. Ulrich smiled and looked at the bruise on her cheek.

"Did he hit you?" Ulrich asked.

"Yes." Yumi said. She took the warm cloth off her back and dipped it in the bowl of warm water and rang it out. She whipped in over her face, Ulrich looked confused at first as she cleaned off her face revieling a scar across her face. Ulrich took his finger and traced the deep scar across her face, starting from her cheek bone, across the bridge of her nose, to her other cheek bone.

"If he touches you one more time, I swear I'll kill him." Ulrich said tracing the scar again across her beautiful face. "How long has this been going on?"

"A while." Yumi said as Ulrich's finger went down her cheek. "Please don't tell anyone, if you do me and Hiroki can kiss Kadic good-bye."

"Don't worry, I wont tell." Ulrich promised. "I would do anythink to make sure you stayed here with me." Ulrich turned red once he relized what he had said. Yumi saw that and brought him to her lips catching him in a kiss. He didn't respond at first and then kissed back. Yumi pulled him on top of her as the kiss became deeper. Ulrich ended the kiss as the need for air became to great. He looked down at Yumi.

"You don't want to leave me do you?" Ulrich asked.

"No." Yumi said as she looked over at the Japanese style clock that said 10:46 pm. Yumi looked back up at Ulrich. "Do you want to lay down?" Yumi asked turning red.

"A-are, y-you sure?" Ulrich asked not wanting to rush things. Yumi nodded scooting over making room for Ulrich. Ulrich took off his shoes and jacket and layed beside her gently wrapping his arms around her perfect waist as she lightly wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Good-night Ulrich." Yumi whispered as she closed her eyes.

"Good-night Yumi."

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]