*Une Ancien Camarade by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Like the french? I love french! ;p

The next day Ariyu turned in the key for the room and walked down the road. Found a dark alle and walked down it. Looked to see if anyone was around and jumped into the air.    

   It took about one hour to get to Kadic. Ariyu landed a couple of meters away and walked to the school. The gate was open so she walked right in and went to the principals office.   

   "Hello." Ariyu said to the blond haired secretary. "I'm here to meet the principal."      

 "What's your name?" she asked looking at the computer screen.       "Ariyu Williams."     

  "How do you spell it?"   

    "A-R-I-Y-U."   

   "Here you are." she said. She clicked on something and said, "He's expecting you."

      "Thank you." said Ariyu. She walked in. The principal was looking at some papers.    

   "Excuse me, sir." said Ariyu.   

    He looked up and saw her standing there. The principal motioned her to take a seat in the chair in front of his desk. Ariyu said down and he said, "Welcome to Kadic Academe. You said over the phone that you wanted to see how French schools went, am I correct."  

    "Yes, sir."   

   "I just happen to have a dorm room open. You'll have it all to yourself, unless you would prefer to sleep like some of the students, with a roommate."      "I wouldn’t mind a roommate." said Ariyu.   

    "Ok, I'll put you in room 219. You'll be with a girl named Aelita Stones." He handed Ariyu a key and she grabbed her suitcases.    

   "Thank you." she said. "Do I get a list of my classes or will they be given to me by your secretary?"     

  "I almost forgot." He picked up a sheet from the desk and handed it to her.         Ariyu walked out of the room, suitcases n one hand, list in the other, key in the pocket of her black cargo pants.  

    She got to room 219 and opened the door. Aelita wasn't there. Her stuff was on the right side. Closet next to the window, bed next to that on the wall, and a desk next to that with a computer on it. The screen was black. The other side was just the opposite of that. Ariyu put her stuff on the empty bed and started to unpak.

       When she was done, the bell rang. She looked at the clock. It said it was 16:00. She looked at the list the principal gave her. It said:16:00-

17:00...............................................................*Dineur  

    Ariyu went out of the room and locked the door.   

   When she was in the cafeteria, she grabbed a tray and got her food. Since she didn't know what Aelita looked like, she looked for her old friend.   

    "There he is." she thought. He was sitting by the window eating with his friends. He was sitting next to a brown haired boy that reminded Ariyu of Germany. The girl next to him was a Japanese girl. Short black hair. Dressed in all black. Acrosed the table was a blond boy with glasses, and next to him was a pink haired girl.      Ariyu walked over to the table and stude behind a purple dressed boy and said, "Hi Odd!" 

     Odd Della Robbia almost fell out of his chair. He turned around and said surprised, "Ariyu?"     

 "Well, who does it look like?" Ariyu said sarcastically. She sat in the chair in front of him and put the tray of food down. "What's with the hair up? The last time I saw you, it was down."    

  "I've changed in 5 years." Odd said, "And so have you." looking at her thin scarf tied to the neck.  

    "So how's life after being dead?"   

    "What?!" said the brown haired boy, surprised, "Dead?!"     

 "Ya, dead." said Ariyu, "Five years ago a group of people that lived in front of my house, in America, tried to kill Odd and his parents. At the time they lived next to me. And to shorten the story, Odd got shot in the chest and they had to bring him back to France. I heard that he was killed from that shot. Apparently your real grandma on your dads side doesn’t even know you're alive."   

   "How do you know?" asked the pink haired girl sitting next to Ariyu.   

   "His mom e-mailed my mom."  

    "So," said Odd, "How's life back at home?"   

   "Same as always. "Ariyu said, "Dad's now livin' in Virginia Beach. I'm livin' in Suffolk. Memal's trying to kill herself and Jay's nice. My little cousin’s not the devil and Victoria's living in Wakesvill. How about you?"  

    "A lot’s changed." Odd said, "Dad's Dad. Mom's Mom. And my wall's still there."    

  "They haven't panted over that yet?!"    

   "No. Mom says that's a memory she wants to keep open."  

    "Whatever." she started to eat and Odd said,   

    "Meet my friends, Ulrich, Yumi, Jeremie, and Aelita."    

  "You're Aelita?" Ariyu asked the girl next to her.    

  "Yes."    

  "I'm your new roommate for the month."   

   "Oh." said Aelita, "Ok."    

  "You're not really here to catch up, are you?" asked Odd.  

    "Yes and no." Ariyu said.     

  "What do you mean?" asked Ulrich.   

   "Part, I'm not aloud to tell you. The other part, I can." said Ariyu. "I'm here to find out were a supercomputer is. There's a tv show in america about a virtual world in an old factory. I wanted to know if it's real. And if it is, to ask the people that fight it if I could join. To tell the truth, some one at home is killing my family. My mom's already dead. I ran away and got here. I think it's the virus in that computer's killing them. It left this behind." she pulled out a piece of paper out of her pocket and unfolded it. It had a dot in a circle in a another circle. On the outer circle, it had four lines on it. One on the top, one on the bottom and one on each side of that on.   

   "The eye of Xana." whispered Odd.   

   "The what?" asked Ariyu   

   "We need to tell her." Odd told Jeremie.     

 "No, it's to risky." Jeremie said.  

    "No it's not." said Odd. "She's been threw more than we have."   

   "What do you mean?" asked Yumi.   

   "Show them, Ariyu." said Odd.    

  "Are you crazy!" said Ariyu. "I'm not suppose to show anyone."   

   "You want to fight that thing that's been killing your family, don't you?"  

     "Ya, But....." she stopped and thought, "Ok, after diner go to our room, I'll show you then." She looked down and finished eating. She put her tray up and went to the dorm room, closed the curtains and turned the overhead light on. She sat on her bed and waited.

Chapter End Notes:
So..........................
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]