*Une Ancien Camarade by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Ariyu opened her eyes to see a black haired boy. He was dressed in a black shirt over a red on. His jeans were rolled up to see the top of his brown boots. He was close enough to see his eyes had that same weird symbol in them.   

    Ariyu looked around to find herself in a boaler room. She tried to stand up but couldn't move her feet or hands. She felt a tug and guessed that she was tyed up so she wouldn't escape. Her mouth had been taped up, too.  

    The boy was working on the boiler. It looked like he was losing the bolts. She tried to get free, but he had tied her up good. She started to lick the tape over her mouth. She remembered her dog doing the same thing and the sticky stuff stopped working. It tasted terrible, but it was working. She could feel it starting to fall off.   

   Farther off she heard a bark. The black haired boy ran off in the other direction, where a set of stairs were and ran up. She had licked enough off of the tape that she screamed, "HHEELLPP!"  

    She saw a cream colored rat terrier come to her. He jumped on her and started to lick her face and ended up taking the tape all the way off.   

   Odd ran into the boiler room and found Ariyu sitting on the ground with Kiwi.  

     "Kiwi, get off." he said. The dog walked away, trying to get the tape off of his mouth. Odd got to her and started to untie her hands. But the kid had done a good job.  

    "Reach into my bottom right-hand pocket." said Ariyu, "There's a pocket knife that would help a lot."

      Odd unsnapped the pocket and got it out. Snapped it open and cut off the ropes.  

    Yumi, Ulrich and Aelita were standing behind Odd and Ariyu told them, "The kid that took me went up those stairs." pointing to them, "He had black hair, black shirt, and blue jeans."

      "That sounds like William." said Yumi as they ran off to find him.  

    By this time, the sun had set and it was so dark you could barley see the person standing next to you. 

     Ariyu got up and rubbed her hands were the rope had been. She walked over to the boiler that William was messing with, and felt it. The screws holding it together were lose. She felt around for a screwdriver. She found one and tried to tighten it.      

 Odd's phone rang and he said, "Jeremie...Ya, we found her. Yumi, Ulrich, and Aelita went after William.....Ok, we'll be there." He hit the end button and put it in his pocket. "We have to go to the lab." He walked over to the elevator.   

    "What do you mean?" Ariyu asked.   

    "You remember that sign you showed us earlier. It's called the eye of Xana. Xana is a computer virus that...."    

  "...lives inside of a virtual world called Lyoko." interrupted Ariyu.   

    "Yes, how did you know?"     

 "You remember the TV show I was talking about?" Odd nodded hi head and she continued, "It's called Code:Lyoko. It's about a group of kids that find supercomputer and it has a virus inside, but also a girl. They get her out but can't shut down the supercomputer for she's still connected to it. In the end Franz Hopper, the creator if Lyoko, helps them out."  

    Odd pushed the button in the elevator to start it up and they went down to the lab. "What were the kids names?"  

    "Now that you mention it, the same as yours." 

     The elevator door opened to where Jeremie was. Yumi, Ulrich, and Aelita were already there. Next to them, on the floor, was a tied up William. He was struggling but Yumi had done a good job at tying him up.   

   They walked in and Odd was greeted by Kiwi. Who was very happy that the tape was off of his mouth.   

   William had gotten the handkerchief out of his mouth and shouted, "You all have to get out of here."    

  "Why?" asked Ulrich, standing over him.    

  "This place is going to blow!" William said again. "I messed with the boiler and in about 10 minutes, this place is gonna be sky high! You have to believe me!"      "Why would we believe you." said Yumi.   

   "He's right." said Ariyu. Everyone looked at her surprised. "He did mess with the boiler. And he also put a bome on it. I had forgotten that because he did it when I'd first woken up."    

  "Then we've got to get out of here!" said Aelita.    

  Odd grabbed Kiwi, Yumi cut Williams feet free so that he could get up and get into the elevator. Once everyone was in, Odd pressed the up button and the door shut.   

    The elevator stopped when it got to the ground floor and the door opened. They ran to the stairs to get to the bridge but it was too late. 

   "BOOM!"     

The loud explosion shook the whole factory. Fire started to spread. They ran to the stairs. Ariyu stayed at the bottom to make sure everyone was out.    

  "BOOM!" 

     Another explosion. Fire had spread to the bottom of the stairs. Smoke was everywhere.  

    Ariyu, who was still weak from the drug induced bag, fainted from all of the smoke in her lungs.  

    Odd turned around and found her lying on the ground. He ran back to pick her up.     

 "Crack!"

      The stairs fell down and were engulfed in flame.    

  "Great, now how are we going to get up?" Odd asked himself. He got himself and Ariyu in an area that wasn't hit by the flames yet and pulled out his cell phone. He dialed 1-5 and waited.   

   "*Allô, can you tell me your emergence." asked a kind voice on the other end.      "Me and my friend are stuck in the old abandon car factory. The place is falling down and on fire." Odd said with a calmness he didn't feel. "my friend had passed out, and we can't get to the door."    

  "It's ok sir." the woman on the other end said,"People are on the way. Where in the factory are you?" 

     "Next to the elevator in an area that's surrounded by mettle."

      There was silence for a moment as the woman on the other end told the fire chef their location. She came back with, "They are there, but they have to put the fire out by the door, or they'll never be able to get to you." 

     "Thank you." Odd said and turned off the phone. Put the phone in his pocket and got Ariyu in his arms again. He looked at the big opening they called a door and saw water. Then a moment later a man in firefighters gear came down on a rope held by another firefighter. "We're over here!" Odd shouted. 

     The fireman turned around and saw them. Odd got up with Ariyu in his arms. He walked over to the man and he took Ariyu from Odd. He went up the rope and Odd followed.    

  Once out of the burning factory, Odd was checked over by the ambulance, and Ariyu was put on a stretcher. They both went to the hospital.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]