High Anxiety by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

        Ulrich and Odd walked into Jeremie’s room after classes were finished for the Wednesday and sat down on his bed to wait for him. The five had planed to go into town that afternoon to see a movie that had just come out and was supposed to be in 3-D.

         “So, what movie are we going to watch?” Ulrich asked. 

       “How should I know?” Odd asked, looking at his friend. “Yumi said it was going to be a surprise.”

        Yumi walked in and threw her books onto the bed, almost hitting Ulrich as a paper fell out and onto the floor. 

       “Hey!” Ulrich said, almost falling onto Odd as he avoided the rage and books. “Have issues in English?” 

       “Sorry Ulrich. Ya I am.” Yumi said as she went over to Jeremie’s chair and sat down in it, backwards. “Mrs. Kensington wants us to write a poem in English. I can’t even rhyme in Japanese, much less English.” 

       “You could use Free Verse.” Odd said as he put his hands behind his head and leaned back on the wall. “That’s what I do all the time.” 

       Ulrich looked down and saw the paper. He reached down and picked it up only to find out it was all in English. “Looks like you’re finding it pretty easy here.” Ulrich said, trying to translate it into French. 

       Odd looked at the paper only to have Yumi snatch it away from them and stuffed it back into her English book. Her checks were red.

        Odd smiled as he leaned back, him being able to translate a lot into French pretty quickly do to the fact that his family lived in New Zealand. The door opened again and Aelita and Jeremie walked in.  

      “Hey Yumi, what’s this movie we’re going to see?” Aelita asked as they dropped their stuff to the ground.  

       “You’ll see went we get there.” Yumi said, smiling.

         The five got to the theater and Yumi took them straight threw, having already bought the tickets. Odd went straight to the food stand and bought a big thing of popcorn, two boxes of candies, and a soda. 

       They got into the theater just in time to find the lights going down. They rushed to five empty seats and sat down.

        They put on their paper glasses as the previews started up.

        Soon, the movie was over and they headed out of the theater.

        “I don’t see what was so big about the 3-D thing.” Jeremie said as they headed to Yumi’s house.

        “What are you talking about!” Odd asked, still hipped up from all the sugar he ended up eating. “They shot at us with a laser gun!” 

       “They came out of the screen.” Ulrich said. “That was so cool.” 

       “No they didn’t.” Jeremie said. “I didn’t even have to wear the stupid glasses, the 3-D didn’t work.” 

       “Maybe people that wear glasses can’t see the 3-D effect.” Aelita offered.

         “I guess.” Jeremie said, shoving his hands into his pockets.

         “Ahh!” Yumi yelled as she was pushed forward by something unseen. 

       Everyone turned around only to see a flash of purple as Ulrich and Yumi disappeared.  

       “What was that?” Odd asked as he looked around, trying to see whatever it was that took Yumi and Ulrich.

        Jeremie walked over to a bench and pulled out his laptop. He opened it up and looked at the screen.

         “Xana?” Aelita asked.

        Jeremie nodded his head. “What ever he wants to do, he’s started.” 

       “So we just go on the counter attack.” Odd said.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]