High Anxiety by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

        “Einstein, a little help would be appreciated over here.” Odd said as he shot at the Tarantulas from the overboard as he flew over them.

        “I’m working as fast as I can.” Jeremie said, his fingers going fast over the keyboard.

         Jeremie glanced over at the screen to his right and saw what Odd was going against. Five Tarantulas were guarding the tower. “Odd, two are going to Aelita!” 

       “I see them.” Odd said, leaning backwards as he went back to Aelita.

        “Maybe I can distract them.” Aelita said as Odd stopped beside the rock she was hiding behind and brought up his shield as one of the Tarantulas shot at them.  

       “Go ahead Princess.” Odd said.

        Aelita got down on her knees, singing. A clone of herself appeared next to them as she sang.

        Aelita stud up and looked at her clone. “You go over to the left and get the Tarantula’s attention.” 

       Aelita’s clone nodded her head and ran away, yelling at the Tarantulas.

         Three of the five started to shot at the fake Aelita as Odd and the real Aelita got on the overboard.

        “Look out!” Jeremie cried as they came around their protection of trees and rocks. “The Scyphozoa’s right in front of you.”

        “You could’ve given some more of a warning!” Odd said as he tried to avoid it and shoot at it at the same time. 

       It’s tentacles went to them and knocked Odd off of the overboard. Odd fell to the ground and landed on his hands and feet only to look up and see it grab Aelita.  

      “Aelita!” Odd and Jeremie cried at the same time. 

       Odd found himself dodging lasers from the other two Tarantulas as they came over to protect the Scyphozoa while it took Aelita’s memory.

~~~ 

       “What a way to die.” Ulrich said as he pushed both of his hands against the two walls, closing them off into a smaller and smaller room. His arms not even outstretched, but close to his chest.

        “We’re not dead yet.” Yumi said. She walked over to the windows and reared her elbow towards it, braking it.

        “What are you doing?” Ulrich asked, moving towards her as the walls got closer and closer to his body.

        “We’re getting out of here, your vertigo’s just going to have to deal with it.” Yumi said, sounding determined as she broke off the flakes of glass from around the hole with the other arm.

        Ulrich looked at her elbow she had used to brake the window and saw blood and cut clothing.

        Yumi looked out the window and saw that there was a ledge right underneath the window. “Come on.” 

       Yumi grabbed the top of the broken open window and put one foot outside. She put the other foot on the same ledge and started to go sideways so that Ulrich could get out.

        Ulrich looked down only to see everything sway. “Ugh, I hate heights.” 

       “Come on Ulrich.” Yumi said, her voice full of pain and worry.

        Ulrich grabbed the top of the window and glanced behind him to see that the space was getting smaller and smaller for his feet. He gripped the mettle as tight as he could and swung his feet over to the ledge at the last second.

         Yumi sighed as she saw him steady and glanced up only to see purple sparks heading down from the very top of the Eiffel Tower and heading down to them. “Ulrich! Look out!” 

       Ulrich looked up only to get shocked by the electricity controlled by Xana. Yumi let go with one hand and went to grab Ulrich’s belt as he let go of the tower.

         “Lose some weight!” Yumi said as she bared her teeth against the pain in her arms and her ripped up elbow.  

       Ulrich opened his eyes and saw how high they were up. “Just don’t let go, and we’ll be good.” Ulrich said as he tried to swing back to Yumi and the tower.

        Yumi started to pull back to herself only to feel her hand go numb. “NOO!” Yumi yelled as her hand let go, causing Ulrich and herself to fall.

~~~

         Odd shot at the Scyphozoa and hit it dead on, making it drop Aelita. It ran away and Odd went to Aelita. She opened her eyes and looked at Odd.  

       “Hurry to the tower.” Odd said as he looked up to a call from the Tarantulas that were heading to them. “I’ll cover you.” 

       Aelita nodded her head and headed to the tower. Odd turned to the Tarantulas and started to shoot at them. 

       Aelita made it to the tower and walked inside.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]