Christmas with the Belpois’ by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
          Once they were done with diner that afternoon, everyone piled into the three vans and made it over to the church for midnight mass. They headed home about a half an hour before midnight to put Gorge and his sister to sleep.

         Down stairs, in the family room, everyone had gathered around the tree. Aelita was leaning on Jeremie’s shoulder as they all waited till midnight with Jeremie’s cousin on the piano playing Christmas songs. A minuet before midnight, Jeremie’s youngest cousin that was still awake started to pick up presents and pass them around.

         “Why is Alexa passing out the gifts?” Aelita asked Jeremie over all the noise.

         “We’ve got this tradition that who ever is still awake when Christmas first comes gets one present and the youngest one passes out the gift.” Jeremie explained.

   

       Alexa handed Aelita a small box shaped gift and went back to the pile under the tree for another gift. Once everyone had a gift, everyone looked at the clock and saw it strike midnight.

         “Alright Jay!” Patrick said, smacking Jay on the shoulder. “Give me ten bucks, I win.”

   

       “Win what?” Jay asked, as if he didn’t know what Patrick was talking about.

   

       “You said that Jeremie wouldn’t make it this year, but he did!” Patrick said. “So hand it over.”

   

       “Here.” Jay said as he opened his wallet and handed Patrick a ten euro bill.

   

       “What, is this your first time making it to midnight?” Aelita asked in disbelief.

         “He can’t stay up in till nine o’clock on a normal day.” Patrick said, laughing.

         “And I have problems making you get some sleep.” Aelita said, smiling. 

  

        “Nanna! Open your gift!” Alexa said as she went over to the elderly woman.

  

        The woman smiled as she opened the gift from her granddaughter. It was a homemade ornament. “Thank you dear.” She said, smiling as she hugged the girl.

  

        Once Patrick had opened his present, it was Jeremie’s turn. He opened the gift that Alexa had given him to open and found out that it was from his mother. He ripped open the wrapping paper and his cheeks went red as the paper fell to the ground were his feet was.

  

        “Well, what’cha get?” Jay asked.

  

        “Uh.” Jeremie started as he lifted up the present. “Underwear.”

  

        Someone started to laugh as Jeremie sat his present on the floor.

          “I know one person who’s gonna see him in those.” Jay said, looking down at Aelita, who was blushing.

         “Your turn 'Lita!” Alexa said as she went over to sit next to the pink haired girl.

         “Ok.” Aelita said, not sounding sure. She read the tag and saw it was from Jeremie as she tore off the wrapping. Inside was a small box. She took the lid off of the box and saw that it was a pink gem-ed ring. Jeremie took the ring out of the box and took Aelita’s left hand.

         “I promise.” Jeremie said as he put it on her ring finger.

         “Kiss, kiss, kiss.” Jay started to chant. Almost everyone else joined in, making the two to blush.

         Aelita leaned over to Jeremie and kissed him on the lips, causing everyone in the room to clap. She let go and smiled at Jeremie, who was blushing more than usual.

         “Alexa’s turn!” Alexa said, loud enough to get everyone’s attention. She ripped open her gift and took out a teddy bear.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]