Christmas with the Belpois’ by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
          Christmas past without fault and, before long, it was the day before New Years Eve. While Aelita and Jeremie were with his parents in the living room, watching the news after dinner, the door bell rang.

  

        “I’ll get it.” Mr. Belpois said, a smile on his face as if he knew who was there. He went to the door and opened it. “Hello, I’m glad you all could make it.”

         “Who is it dad?” Jeremie called.

         “It’s some friends.” Mr. Belpois said as he let people into the house.

         “Aelita, Jeremie, guess who!” Odd’s voice called to them as Kiwi came running into the living room.

         Kiwi ran straight to Aelita’s lap, licking her face. He jumped over to Jeremie’s lap, who was sitting next to her, and started to do the same thing.

         Odd and his family walked in with the Sterns and the Ishiyamas.

         “So we get rid of one family and get the other?” Mrs. Belpois asked, smiling.

         “You haven’t fully gotten rid of your family.” Jay said as he walked from the kitchen, a beer in his hand.

  

        “Man, I thought you left a while back.” Mr. Belpois said, smiling at his brother.

         “Who’s the big guy that looks like Jim?” Ulrich asked Jeremie.

  

        “Jay.” Jeremie said.

  

        “I can’t believe you all got here.” Aelita said.

  

        “I’m wondering what’s happened in the past week.” Yumi said, looking at how close they were sitting on the love sofa.

         “Ya, you’re making that love sofa have a spot big enough for me to sit down.” Jay said as he sat down in the lazy boy. “I wouldn’t mind it either, sitin’ so close to a pretty girl like you.”

         Aelita scooted over, her cheeks red with embarrassment.

         “Has he been like that the whole time?” Odd asked as he sat down on the floor with his dog.

         Aelita nodded.

         “Ya, well, you should see the nice rock our Jeremie gave her.” Jay said, taking a sip of his beer.

         This time, it was Jeremie’s time to be embarrassed.

         “That’s enough Jay.” Mr. Belpois said sternly.

         “I’ve got to get going over to seven-eleven anyway.” Jay said as he stood up and crushed the can in his hand. “We’re out of beer.”

         Jay walked over to the door and grabbed his jacket. He put it on and walked out the door.

         “This is going to be one weird New Years.” Ulrich said as he saw his father's expression to Jeremie’s uncle.

         “Let’s make the most of the time we’ve got while he’s away.” Mrs. Belpois said as she got up. “We’ll help you get all of your bags in and up to the rooms.”

          Aelita, Jeremie, Mr. Belpois, and Odd got up and went outside to help everyone get their luggage.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]