At Last by Kiwi_R0x
[Reviews - 11]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Pardon if I spell Yumi's brother's name wrong..I'm not great at spelling anyway!

Still Odd's POV:

Ever since I woke up, The day's been the one of the worst. I mean, Valentine's Day isn't really my favorite holiday, but it usually doesn't bite me like this.

I stepped on Kiwi ACCIDENTLY when I got up and he bit my foot, I slipped in the bathroom and with the tile there, OUCH, breakfeast wasn't too terrible, for me anyway.

Yumi's brother Hiroki, I think, goes to the Kadic now and was bugging Yumi to the bone. Hiroki kept talking about Ulrich, when he sat right in front of him. I started laughing, followed by Jeremie and soon Aelita. Both Yumi and Ulrich gave us stares so we stopped.

Hiroki found a friend and they found a way to make Yumi sit between them. We could tell by her face she wanted to kill them both. She finally yelled at them and they scamppered away.

She blushed as she looked at Ulrich. About everything they said was true. It kills me to watch them stare at each other like that and not say anything, but It's a step farther than me right now.

"Ulrich DEAR!" I chuckled with her voice. It filled me with joy now, I used to it, and hopefully in a few days, maybe a week or two it'll change to 'Odd dear'. You know what, forget i said that. Nevermind!!

It looked like Ulrich twitched when his name was shouted. Yumi as well, Aelita and Jeremie sat in front of one another but held a hand under the table. How do I know? Aelita accidently grabbed my hand first and with a small blush she changed to Jeremie.

I sorta kinda used to like Aelita. Flirting with her in Lyoko, on Earth, back in Lyoko, back on Earth, but seeing the romance between her and Jeremie made me stop.

"WHAT Sissi?" Ulrich turned.

"Here ya go." She smiled. I had to pretend like I hated her. I'm an..okay actor. but my friends probably can tell, and I'm not sure if they could now.

"Oh..a card." Ulrich stated grabbing the card from her. He, I know, hates her, but I mean, last time with the subsonic tickets..he wouldn't turn down a time like that, even if he was right in front of Yumi.

I looked over and Yumi had a frown on her face looking at Sissi, and then Ulrich, Sissi, Ulrich. Like those two pictures in a magizine and you have to find ten differences between them, ya know? She looked like she was trying to do something like that.

"Your welcome." Sissi whispered.

"I didn't thank you, did I?" Ulrich snapped.

"Well, you should have." She answered. St. Valentine's Day was her day, you really couldn't get rid of her as easily. She then kissed his cheek and left.

I stared after her and then at the stunned Ulrich.

"What was that about?" Yumi asked, a little jealous it seemed.

"What was what about?" Ulrich replied.

"The kiss?"

"Nothing!"

"Oh oh sure.." She got up, and looked like she was going to leave.

"No, wait. Yumi!" Ulrich also stood but stayed at his spot watching Yumi leave and bump into William.

I sighed. Jeremie and Aelita rolled their eyes.

"Valentine's Day is just wonderful for us, isn't it?" I asked.

"Peachy." Jeremie replied still watching Yumi and William.

But instead of kissing his cheek, like Sissi, and like she did last year, she flat out kissed him.

Ulrich sat back down.

"I hate Valentine's Day." He mummbled.

"Yeahh.." I agreed, "It's trouble, i tell you, who thought of Valentine's anyway?!"

But Jeremie..having an answer for everything.

"St. Valentine's Day was named after two martyrs named Valentine. The Valentine's really were saints, and many mourned their deaths on Feburary 14th."

"So..Valentine's day is really to..mourn somebody's death?" Ulrich asked.

"What in the world is a martyrs?" I questioned

"A martyrs an innocent person who, without seeking death, is murdered or put to death for his or her religious faith or convictions, and I guess so. Valetine's day for many years after was to show everyone's passion toward one another, to everyone, but then after wars and battles it came to..lovers." He answered, glancing at Aelita.

"Get a room." I quickly said with a grin.

"Odd, about that girl of yours.." Ulrich started.

"Oh, no. Not again."

To be Continued!

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]