At Last by Kiwi_R0x
[Reviews - 11]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I ALMOST RAN OUT OF IDEAS FOR THIS! BUT I GOT BACK ON TRACK! YAYYYY!!

Yumi’s POV (FINALLY! It’s not Odd’s anymore!)

After the “Xana attack” we didn’t even program a return to the past.

Xana kinda, killed himself. For this one time, anyway. He obviously didn’t think through the entire plan.

Aheh. Sucker.

ANYWAY, It was driving me up the wall about Odd, and don’t even get me STARTED on Ulrich.

The entire Xana attack was just a few monsters, and then the tower was deactivated, Jeremie’s staying to figure out what it means.

Luckily, it was Sunday and we have no classes to attend.

We sat at lunch, awaiting for a word from Jeremie.

But none came through.

“Do you think we should see him?” Aelita asked.

“Don’t worry about it, he’d tell us if anything major was going down.” Odd tried to sooth, but we could see that he was also worried too.

“Odd, can I talk to you for a moment.”

“Shoo, Yumi.”

“I mean, alone.”

Odd gave me a puzzled look at my last word, ‘alone’, but got up and followed me to the corner of the room.

I snuck a look over my shoulder, Ulrich gave Odd a dirty look, but it turned kind when Aelita asked for his attention.

“Now, what is it you need?”

“Odd, why don’t you tell me who you like?”

“THIS is what you want to talk about when Jeremie is…missing?!”

“I promise he’s fine.” I replied, “I just want to know, please?”

Odd kept refusing.

“I’ll help you, I’ll help you get with her.”

“If you won’t laugh.” He looked at me sincere.

“Of course not.”

He whispered the name in my ear, and I almost fell over, when I was leaning against the wall.

“Are you ser…” I started but stopped seeing his eyes, “Really?”

He nodded.

“No lie.”

“Oh, well then. A promise is a promise.”

“Thanks Yumi.” He smiled at me, “Help please?”

“Sure, but can you do me one more favor?”

“Sure thing.”

“Can you somehow get Ulrich NOT to hate me?”

“Well, you know, asking to be ‘alone’ with me didn’t really do the trick.”

“I figured.”

“I’ll work on it.” Odd promised,

“As will I!”

“Guys.” Ulrich came up, “Sorry to break this…alone-time or whatever, but we can’t reach Jeremie and we think it’s for the better if we go to the factory.”

“Fine then.”

We walked to the factory in a rather VERY quick pace.

Usually, it’s to save the whole world, but now, it was our friend, just ONE person, and it seemed we were in a faster rush.

When we got to the factory, we could already hear Jeremie tip tapping on the supercomputer.

“Told cha.” I grinned, but as the door opened we could tell it wasn’t Jeremie doing the job.

“On the contrary, I told you” Ulrich retorted.

The man, swirled to face us, Jeremie, asleep in the back.

“May I help you kids?”

“…Who are you?”

“I’m…well, it doesn’t matter, is this your friend?” He pointed to Jeremie.

“YES he IS! What did you do to him?”

“No worries, children. No worries. He asked me to cover for him as he slept. As his story went, he hasn’t slept for twenty-seven hours.”

That may have been true, but I had no watch to prove it.

Aelita went over to aid Jeremie, who was REALLY sleeping.

He woke up and put his glasses on.

“Oh guys!” he smiled, “Meet the one! The Only! FRANZ HOPPER!”

We almost fainted with the news. So many questions that could actually be answered!

“Aei?” the man asked.

“Father?”

As the whole, family touching moment occurred, I tried to apologize to Ulrich.

“I’m so sorry, Ulrich. We can be friends can’t we?” I couldn’t do anymore then get on my knees and plead.

“What are we now, Yumi?” He whispered back, glaring at me, “Worst enemies?”

“That’s just it Ulrich! You can’t control your temper.” I said in a hushed yell.

“I can control myself fine, and I don’t need you to prove it.”

“Well, could I say one more thing to you?”

“Shoo. I’ll act like I really care.”

I looked over to Aelita and Franz,

a small heart to heart conversation.

Odd and Jeremie chatting with them for answers.

Good, I put my hands on his shoulders, and made him face me,

“Ulrich, I don’t know what else to say to you! I try and I try to make peace with you for everything imperfect trait I do.” I started, “But…” I looked at my feet, “I love you.”

I continued looking at the floor, and then felt Ulrich pick up my face with his finger, by my chin.

“Say again, Yumi? I didn’t get that.”

“…I try to fix myself for you, because…” I decided to change the word a bit, “I loved you.”

“What do you mean loved?” He asked.

“As in, loved. The past tense of love.”

“…Like, no longer? No more?”

I nodded, and glanced again.

Before Ulrich could open his mouth I asked,

“Hopper, Why now? Why come now?”

“Before, the FBI was hot on my trail, they want me dead, children. They want me dead, and then soon after, they want Aelita dead, and afterwards, this factory will be blown to pieces.”

I gawked at the information.

“Listen, Jeremie gave me his laptop ID and ALL your cell phone numbers, and he knows my information, right?”

Jeremie nodded. He was never the one to lie.

“So, I’ll let you back to your busy teenager days, as I’ll work on this, if anything happens I’ll tell you, but feel free to come by with any questions.”

“Alright.”

And we left.

My hand was suddenly rolled with Ulrich’s. And he jerked me into the power room, located right next to the door everyone was walking out of.

“Yumi, you told me what you felt for me.” He said, “And…I want you to know…I act this way, because…I want to hide my true feelings for you, because…I…I don’t know.”

“You’re a little shy, and you know it.” I teased lovingly.

“Yeah, which is grand that you’re going out with Dunbar.” Ulrich’s shoulders slumped.

“I was mad, Ulrich. When I’m mad, I say things.”

“…It was a lie?”

“And when I say things, I want revenge. It was a lie. A false statement.”

“So, you’re NOT going out with William?”

“Aha, never.”

“Okay. This is so confusing.” Ulrich put a hand on his head.

“But there’s one thing I actually understand now,” I replied. He gave me a blank look, so I pecked his cheek, “You like me.”

He turned a scarlet before moving his eyes elsewhere.

“Sorta. It’s just a crush, y’know.”

“That’s fine.” I stated, hands on hips, “Because, I might now be in love with you anymore, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still like you.”

Ulrich perked up, and made eye contact with me again. His normal face color was back.

“You like me?”

“Why, I never said that. I said it was possible.” I shrugged, “BUT! For more fun, what do you say we bug Odd about HIS crush?”

“WILL DO!”

XxX (Normal POV)

“Jer! Aei! SHUT UP!” Odd shrieked.

“We want to know!!!” They responded in unison.

Ulrich and Yumi were hiding on the corner of the building, listening.

“Okay, I know who it is, but I’ll need your help, and promise you won’t tell.”

“I’ll help, but I don’t do promises.” He responded.

“Please? For me?”

“Heck, I don’t know if you like me, Why should I?”


Yumi gave him a full kiss, and it took him by surprise.

“I promise.” He said with a smile, “And by the way, wonderful kisser.”

Yumi was usually to shy for this, but Yumi doesn’t know anymore. She guessed she got too tired of being the mysterious one, and now she’s forcing herself to be more outgoing.

“Not bad yourself.”

“Now, the plan?”

She muttered the plan, or part A and Part B and then Plan B and THEN part C.

“I think I follow, but, ugh, Yumi! I hate her.” Ulrich pouted.

 

Yumi sighed, blowing a strand of hair out of her face,

“Okay. I know that, so do I, but…we want Odd happy don’t we?”

“I need to talk to him about his taste in girls some time soon.”

“I wouldn’t say too much if I were you.” Yumi warned, “You don’t want any competition do you?”

He snickered.

“Like Odd has any chance against me.”

“Well, he’s funny, I like his hair, he’s sweet, and nice, and-‘

“But I’m better, aren’t I?”

“Of course.”

They shared a laugh before coming up to the group of three.

“Hey! Well if it’s the lovers!” Odd chimed.

Ulrich laughed and Yumi looked at him with a “Ha-ha” smile.

Yumi pulled Odd’s shoulder,

“I have a plan for you and your to-be-girlfriend.”

Odd had a huge smile on by then and stated,

“Lemme hear it.”

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]