Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:47 pm

Criticism is tough, but nowhere as bad as this!

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Are you made at this?

Yes!
33%
No
22%
I'm confused...
44%

Total votes : 9

Criticism is tough, but nowhere as bad as this!

Postby Malkmusian » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:41 pm

Does anybody despise Nevel from the hit show "iCarly" when he wrote such false and demeaning criticism about such a weird show that takes so long to love?

I hope you do know about this because, believe it or not, a boy, just because I like to write campy oneshots once in a while, by the name of Brandon, or Lyokian Destiny Chaos Brandon/LDChaosBDon...

...has been posting false statements, saying that I can't draw good and that I should be homeless, living underneath a bridge, and that I should give up God, the Almighty Creator that I love, feelings, and individuality just for himself and his edification.

I know that he has hurt my feelings, yet I know that he is possibly the world's biggest hypocrite because...

1. He says that my art sucks while his art should "be framed next to da Vinci and Michaelangelo", in my words, but he does express it. If you look at his dA page, which is [link] for some reason, you see only one sub-par drawing more likely to be in the scraps section. If you look at my drawings, at least they have some sort of professionalism to them, although they do look a little rough on the edges....and I know people like my art! That's why I have about 1,500 pageviews here! I spread the word! He only has 63 pageviews and considers himself the top of the game.

2. He has no sympathy whatsoever for my fanworks. Even though I try very hard and it sometimes doesn't work out, making me yell for a Pepsi out of nowhere, he thinks of it as the worst thing...even worse than what a fertilizer salesman with no experience in filmmaking but a tiny bit of experience in writing made...Manos: The Hands of Fate! He said bad things about "Some Gift From Heaven" and probably urged people not to read my sequel to it, thinking that it suffers from the sophomore slump. He criticized my take of a Pavement album cover very harshly and said that I should write more bad fanfiction! Well, 7 reviews is better than your measly ZERO!

3. He is an atheist and does not like my just because I am a Christian and proud of it! I know God loves my art because he loves all art and I know God loves Brandon, but the way that Brandon's acting and only liking people who stick to mainstream art, like Son-Neko, who I like a lot, he must be possessed. I think he may be angry from a moment in his life, but I want him to see this.

4. When I tried to stand up for myself, he called me an imbecile and a jerk, with this message:

Oh yeah, I forgot. You call my picture a scribble? Ask anyone to compare your to mine. Mines actually something good. Yours is a literal scribble. It probably took you about...maybe...a minute to do each. And thet aren't even creative. And don't bother critisizing my spelling, because I already know my spelling could be better.

I WORK DAYS ON MY PICTURES JUST TO MAKE IT PERFECT! AT LEAST 11SIFTER CARES ABOUT MY ART THAT HE WANTS ME TO WORK ON MY AELITAS SO THEY LOOK AUTHENTIC! Compare his and mine to Don Van Vliet's, aka Captain Beefheart. The Captain's paintings are literal scribbles that can be identified. I don't know how to identify Brandon's picture! He spent 5 minutes on it! He even said it! My friend Jake draws that way and I can make coherence of it. I'm serious. For Brandon, I can't! At least I spend more time on my pictures! He mainly makes his suggestions on a picture I drew in an hour. It looks good, comparing to his. It's not like he's going to post the Scream as one of his pictures, because if he did, Edvard Munch's estate would arrest him for copyright infringement.

Yes, I know Brandon. Your spelling is a bit shaky, but it's getting there.

5. He says that I have no imagination, individuality, and that I'm some sort of egocentric jerk. You wanna know who's a real egocentric jerk? Him. He wants to steal my popularity (and that I do care about to an extent, as I want people to look at my art and criticize it in a loving manner.) and transport it to him so I can rot. Take a look at this note from him...

Dude........don't start talking about a stupid god, because in my eyes, he don't exist. My fanfiction? They don't follow a basic style, because they aren't LIKE others. And, furthermore, I never SAID my art was good. The picture I have on here is a quick, 5 minute drawing. I did it while I was BORED. And...you? An artist? HA! I could ask 15 people what they think your art is like, they'd all say it sucks. You're just y that you can't draw for crap. And, furthermore, I don't CARE about your feelings. You seem to think that the entire world revolves around you. It doesn't. And it never has and never will. You're just an obbsessive brat who's to religious for his own good. And thats not me bashing on religious people, because a lot of my friends ARE religious. I just have different veiws then them. And, for your fanfiction...it means it sucks. I've read a very large amount of fanfiction, and yours is by far the very worst. And nothing you can say will change it.

Once again, I reiterate, your art sucks, your fanfiction sucks, your creativity sucks. Grow up, and stop living like a spoiled brat, which you probably are.

YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAID? He said that my creativity sucks, ranking it with Hal Warren and later Bob Clark (not the same ideal who made 'A Christmas Story' and ';Porky's';). If he ranks my creativity that low, he ranked Son-Neko's creativity and most of the people here...LOWER THAN HAL WARREN! That's bad to be called that!

How would you feel if he did this to you and took away all your comments and pageviews, banning you forever?

You would be mad. Very mad. Madder than Mac Powell.

What are your views on this?
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:56 pm

Aww... don't worry, Malky. it's true that people can have their differnet opinions, but some are just hotter than others. That's a flame. And it's always your choice to accept it or not... The courage from art and writing is self made, and it'll surpress any flame someone throws at you. as long as you're willing to fight for something. It'll always be worth it!

As for the criticism, that's probably just him talking. Some people are like that, some people aren't.

Oh and by the way, just for future warning, if you or LDCBD start getting into a flae war on the thread, let me please remind you that I do have a nice shiny explode button here. Just as a mandatory warning bcuase I want to say I told you so... PMs make it a lot simpler at times.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Gauntlet » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:03 pm

No delete button? Gasp.
Last edited by Gauntlet on Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Kamekai » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:10 pm

Dude, everyone draws differently. I mean, did we criticize the cavemen when we saw how "primitive" and "unrefined" their drawing style was? H*ll no, we put in in museums for Christ sakes! Ah well, Malky, I think your drawing style stands on its own merits, regardless of how it stands compared to more experienced artists. I happen to like your stuff, man. That's all I can say.

:peace: ~ Kamekai
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TrevT93 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:20 pm

I've seen constructive criticism before. That guy's criticism is NOWHERE near constructive. It's more like he just hates you for no apparent reason.

Malky wrote:3. He is an atheist and does not like my just because I am a Christian and proud of it!

Yep, sounds right. Note that people of other religions have had problems with Christians for ages. While the pagan Romans at the time of Emperor Nero blamed the Great Fire of Rome on Christians, the Jews posted the Eighteen Benedictions, ending the relation of Judaism and Christianity. Even today there's separation of church and state but no separation of synagogue and state or temple and state.

PS I only know this because I go to a Catholic school where Religion class is a must for all students through their senior year. Not to put down the fact that I'm a Christian at all.
TrevT93 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:04 pm

Guys, just as an additional forewarning to the one Angelbolt posted, this is not a Religion thread, nor the place to discuss it. So please mind that this thread does not turn into one or it will swiftly be locked. We have plenty of threads to discuss various aspects of religion (especially Christianity) in General Discussion.

Just a heads up.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TrevT93 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:06 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Guys, just as an additional forewarning to the one Angelbolt posted, this is not a Religion thread, nor the place to discuss it. So please mind that this thread does not turn into one or it will swiftly be locked. We have plenty of threads to discuss various aspects of religion (especially Christianity) in General Discussion.

Just a heads up.

Understood. I was just commenting on what Malky said.
TrevT93 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby . » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:59 am

Is he really worth losing sleep over?
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:41 am

You have alot of other things to worry about than what some guy says on the net. As long as you enjoy what you do, that is all that matters.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:31 pm

ThePepsiPiper wrote:Is he really worth losing sleep over?

Depends.

I'm not going to say anything until I hear the other POV.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Kamekai » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:42 pm

JesusFreak wrote:

Depends.

Ahem.

LDChaosbdon wrote:Wow dude. Just..wow. Okay, lets take it from the top people.

1. I already said, you numbskull, my work is sucky. But compared to yours, mines actually good. I never said I was "on top of them game" you idiot. I have so few page reviews because I don't have anything on the site!

2. I do think of your art as low as fertalizer. It sucks, plain and simple. BUT SO DOES MINE, just not as bad as yours. About that fanfiction of yours. I told people only my opinions, nothing more. I don't care if someone reads them or not; not my business. It is however my business to state my opinion to you. It's called CUNSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM! Look it up, it's useful. Ok, lemme get this straight with you. I put a fanfiction here so I could upload my picture. No other reason. But if you take a look on my fanfiction.net account and the stories there, I have a decent amount of posts. More then you , I should add. And a lot of my stories are in C2s. Any of yours in them? Doubt it.

3. Like. I. Said. I am not critisizing you for being Cristian. At all. And if there is a god in existance, and he does indeed love me, I don't care. I don't believe in him, ain't my problem. As for why I stick with Son-Neko and all those, it's because they're actually good artists. Unlike you. If you were, I might watch you. But I don't, so in my opinion, you aren't a good artist.

~~On a side not before I continue...you work days on those pictures? I could probably replicate them better then what you made in a few minutes. My picture isn't even from Code: Lyoko. It's just a simple drawing, which is why you can't identify it. Fool. And yours do not look better then mine. I've looked at ALL of your art work on here. It doesn't even look like Code: Lyoko. Seriously, it doesn't. I'm harsher then most when it comes to stuff like this, but it's the way I am. So get the flip over it.~~

4. I called you an imbacile because in my eyes, you are. You seem to think you're better then me. And it pisses me off.

5. You are an utter idiot. I rank Son-Neko's better then almost everyone elses. As for those people you named....who are they? I cant be ranking you with them if I don't know who the flip they are, now can I? Stealing your popularity? If you even have any, I couldn't care less. I got all the popularty I need and want, which is just about none. So don't start with that, idiot. And your creativity does suck, in my eyes. And as for the banning thing, WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I don't ban people....unless they deserve it. And got a lot of people who agree.... I don't care whether I'm popular or not, obviously you do. Thats your choice. I couldn't give a flip even if I wanted to.

Once again, since you obviously didn't get it the first time, this is ALL MY ****ING OPINION YOU ****ING IDIOT!!!!

There, rant over. B*tch at me all you want, cause I know you will. I don't really care. Also, stop preaching to me about god. I'm aethiest, and I ain't changing. So get off my back about religion!

Take your pick, JF. :)
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby knifey » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:59 pm

Pepsi's got a point. If this person criticizes for the stupidest reasons, why should you let it bother you? It has no... coherent reasoning at all.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:06 pm

kamekai wrote:
JesusFreak wrote:

Depends.

Ahem.

LDChaosbdon wrote:Wow dude. Just..wow. Okay, lets take it from the top people.

1. I already said, you numbskull, my work is sucky. But compared to yours, mines actually good. I never said I was "on top of them game" you idiot. I have so few page reviews because I don't have anything on the site!

2. I do think of your art as low as fertalizer. It sucks, plain and simple. BUT SO DOES MINE, just not as bad as yours. About that fanfiction of yours. I told people only my opinions, nothing more. I don't care if someone reads them or not; not my business. It is however my business to state my opinion to you. It's called CUNSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM! Look it up, it's useful. Ok, lemme get this straight with you. I put a fanfiction here so I could upload my picture. No other reason. But if you take a look on my fanfiction.net account and the stories there, I have a decent amount of posts. More then you , I should add. And a lot of my stories are in C2s. Any of yours in them? Doubt it.

3. Like. I. Said. I am not critisizing you for being Cristian. At all. And if there is a god in existance, and he does indeed love me, I don't care. I don't believe in him, ain't my problem. As for why I stick with Son-Neko and all those, it's because they're actually good artists. Unlike you. If you were, I might watch you. But I don't, so in my opinion, you aren't a good artist.

~~On a side not before I continue...you work days on those pictures? I could probably replicate them better then what you made in a few minutes. My picture isn't even from Code: Lyoko. It's just a simple drawing, which is why you can't identify it. Fool. And yours do not look better then mine. I've looked at ALL of your art work on here. It doesn't even look like Code: Lyoko. Seriously, it doesn't. I'm harsher then most when it comes to stuff like this, but it's the way I am. So get the flip over it.~~

4. I called you an imbacile because in my eyes, you are. You seem to think you're better then me. And it pisses me off.

5. You are an utter idiot. I rank Son-Neko's better then almost everyone elses. As for those people you named....who are they? I cant be ranking you with them if I don't know who the flip they are, now can I? Stealing your popularity? If you even have any, I couldn't care less. I got all the popularty I need and want, which is just about none. So don't start with that, idiot. And your creativity does suck, in my eyes. And as for the banning thing, WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I don't ban people....unless they deserve it. And got a lot of people who agree.... I don't care whether I'm popular or not, obviously you do. Thats your choice. I couldn't give a flip even if I wanted to.

Once again, since you obviously didn't get it the first time, this is ALL MY ****ING OPINION YOU ****ING IDIOT!!!!

There, rant over. B*tch at me all you want, cause I know you will. I don't really care. Also, stop preaching to me about god. I'm aethiest, and I ain't changing. So get off my back about religion!

Take your pick, JF. :)

Wow, that's insane.

I'm siding with Malky on this. There's expressign your opinion and talking about concerns, then theres this.

Time to expound on that.

1. That's not true. I think Malky's work has a unique, sketchy look to it that is a style of its own. 2. Adding humor is not meant to be taken literally. 3. Yes you do.

1. I'll get to this later. 2. Is invective constructive? Maybe CUNSTRUCTIVE, but not constructive. 3. Seniority means little when it comes to talent. Experience is another matter.

3. Like. I. Said. I am not critisizing you for being Cristian. At all. And if there is a God in existance, and he does indeed love me, I don't care. I don't believe in him, ain't my problem. As for why I stick with Son-Neko and all those, it's because they're actually good artists. Unlike you. If you were, I might watch you. But I don't, so in my opinion, you aren't a good artist.

Something tells me if I say anything about most of this, I'll start a fight.

1. Put your money where your mouth is. 2. Who's the fool? the one who puts his artwork up for kicks or the critic who pops the baloons at the unveiling party? 3. Invective? heh
Last edited by JesusFreak on Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby lyokolady » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:57 pm

*shrug*

If someone's being like that, ignore them. dA has some neat thing that can block users and if he attacks you here...well, look at the mods and head guys here. Mew, Crash Course - everyone...they aren't going to stand for someone beating you down.

Otherwise, just ignore him. Most people who start something usually feed off of your reaction. So...don't react. Eventually they're the ones who lose because you're showing you don't give a darn. It's just a person on the Internet...easy to avoid. And by you just, ignoring him and getting past it, it shows his lack of maturity and your sense of it.
((Banner by Mew))
lyokolady offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby twilightchaos09 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:47 am

Hmmm, well, this has already been resolved. But, here's the thing. The mods and admins cant do anything to me here unless I d something here. So if I do something on DA, the mods and admins here have no power nor right to do anything here to me.....
If you don't beleive me that its been resolved, ask Malky himself.

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:49 am

Alright, if its been resolved, I'll drop it.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:53 am

Ohhh... don't trust yourself on that, mon ami... you have no idea. :D

Postby twilightchaos09 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:43 pm

It's out of your juris-diction. Sure, you CAN do something about it, but it'd make the LF staff....erm...insert bad word here.

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:53 pm

Oh really? Well we CAN do something about what you're doing her, and we CAN make them do something about what you're doing there. Now, would you really like that?

It'll all stop and you can keep your work and dignity if you stop it now... We both will, how about that? Show me you can control yourself.

Postby twilightchaos09 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:03 pm

Like I said. You can, but technically its out of your juris diction. I haven't done squat to Malky here on LF. If I did, then i would expect you to do something. And you can't make DA do something about it, because it's critizism. Malky's the one who posted the discussion on his DA account, not me. Plus, I doubt they would really care. And becides, its over. I was simply stating you cant honestly do anything to me here and be in the right about it.

Also, you all us at Lyokogeniuses fools for dealing with stuff that aint on our forum? HA! You do anything to me here about what happened between Malky and I, then your nothing more then hypocrites.

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:13 pm

Actually, no, it's harassment. And trust me... DeviantART does care...

And to be a stickler about it, It's jurisdiction. One word.

But all the same, if I'd like to remind you once more youre standing on our floor and we can still pull it out from you.

Postby twilightchaos09 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:17 pm

Deviant Art cares? HA! I'd swear, but I'm not about to on this forum. Trust me, if they cared, I wouldn't have lost my first account there. And, he's the one that technially started it. I simply gave judgement on a picture of his, and he turned it into more. Thats his fault.

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby DeadViolet » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:57 pm

AngelBolt wrote:Actually, no, it's harassment. And trust me... DeviantART does care...
Yeah, I got harassed once on the DA forums. I was standing up to Lil' Kids who have they're right to be on DA, and this guy, OrangeFlavoredFairy, starts calling me bad names. He goes to my art, and says "It's no better than a5-year-old's"! MarioDS stood up for me, but......
OFF did get banned, I don't know what for; but he must've been doing the same thing to people.

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:06 pm

It'll all stop and you can keep your work and dignity if you stop it now...

Work? Yes. Dignity? Part of it.

LDChaosBdon, your trying to defend a pretty undefensable position. Saying the Staff can't do anything when its another site is one thing. Saying the aforementioned then calling a mod names is another.

So yeah.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:28 am

I don't believe this.

The day after a major holiday about goodwill and peace and you guys are fighting?

I want it to stop now or this thread is getting a serious lock and the lot of you are getting coal next year...spam coal.

LDChaosBdon, I have no idea why you would post in a thread where the issue had clearly been resolved with a post that not only brings the whole problem back up again, but also makes you look like an immature child. ("Nyah Nyah, can't get me here, because I'm acting up on DA, and not on LF" That's for 7 year olds on a playground and that's exactly the kind of sentiment I was getting from your posts).

That is not the way a Moderator of a well-known and well-trafficked Lyoko forum should behave, period, and certainly not the kind of behavior he should take to an affiliated forum.

Continue to behave that way any futher and you will be suspended or worse. That is no joke. You have disrespected one of our Moderators now, and the rest of the staff here is not going to take that well.

The rest of you...chill and/or just ignore any further attempts to start a conflict. It'll only just make you more likely to get involved in any punishments put into action later. Let the Mods and Admins handle this...the back-seat moderating is appreciated, (Malky, JF, Misha...you guys in particular), but in situations like this is not always helpful. Thank you.

*blinks and looks up at the beginning of her post* You know what, forget the warning. I'm locking this thing now. And that other warning still stands LDChaosBdon. Mind yourself.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin