Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:20 pm

family problems

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

family problems

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:52 pm

my mom and dad are fighting and my dad is thinking of going to a hotel. Plus my mom is saying swar words at me and she never does that. i just need some help. ;__;
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:00 pm

1. Buy a shotgun...

Sorry, I mean...

I find that when problems arise, go to sleep, it'll seemingly take your worries away, if only for a while. You mother certainly can't curse you when you're sleeping, and maybe they'll resolve their problems while you're napping.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LadyChaos » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:09 pm

My parents never did any of their arguing in the house, they always went outside. It sucks to have your parents mad at each other and fighting, but there's usually not much you could do to make them stop. Just do like what x1 said or listen to music or read or something locked up in your room. Writing can help as well. Anything to keep yourself away from them. Tell your mom to not take out her anger on you; you're not the one who made her mad.
Other than that I can't really tell you what you to do. What helped for me before my parents split may not help you. But I definitely do suggest that you try the music, that's what helped me. :patpat:
Rose
not gonna bother coming back

LadyChaos offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Re: family problems

Postby TB3 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:58 pm

lyokolover wrote:my mom and dad are fighting and my dad is thinking of going to a hotel. Plus my mom is saying swar words at me and she never does that. i just need some help. ;__;

Oh lyokolover - I'm so sorry. If it's any consolation we'll always be here to offer you words of comfort. If you ever need an ear to chew or a shoulder to cry on PM me okay?

Good luck and I hope things will have worked out by the morning.

Nil Desperandum, okay?

TB3
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:49 pm

thank you everyone
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby 5188148 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:54 pm

I must agree with everyone here. If you have DVDs or CDs or even MP3s, put on headphones and drown them out. CL DVDs are probably excellent for this!
Get your sexy PETA banner at http://www.peta.org/mc/webAds.asp
5188148 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Re: family problems

Postby Dr. Ezra » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:11 am

lyokolover wrote:my mom and dad are fighting and my dad is thinking of going to a hotel. Plus my mom is saying swar words at me and she never does that. i just need some help. ;__;

My parents did that exact same thing a year ago. All I can say is, don't try to get involved and let them work it out. Good luck to you.
Dr. Ezra offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:03 am

I was still pretty much a baby when my parents split up (I was in first grade) so I don't have any advice on what to do while they're fighting. However, I do agree with everyone here. Just let them be while they fight; busy yourself with something else. Talking to your mom and telling her that it makes you feel bad when she yells at you even though you're not the reason she's mad might be a good idea too. Try to realize that you're NOT the reason they're fighting. It'll make you feel better and it most likely is true.. they have their own problems and it's not your fault, so don't feel responsible.

Hope things work out for the best, whatever that may be. :)
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Little Vili » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:48 am

Well said Linii. I was 3 when my parents split up (I see my dad on weekends). But I have seen fighting between my dad and he previous gf a few years ago. It was hectic, but things got resolved...sometimes you just gotta wait.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Osiris » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:42 am

my parents have been seperated for a while now but when they were till together towards the end there were a lot of fights in my family as well so i know what it feels like i have to agree with everyone elce here here the way i found is find something to take your mind off it ike music or films. just hang in there im sure things will work themselfs out

and you know my IM addys (i think there stlii in my sig if you don't lol) you cna always talk to me if you want some one to talk to :hello:

hope things work out
<b>My Youtube Videos!!!</b> www.youtube.com/clagnuts
Osiris offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Paige » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:05 pm

Take up a hobby or something. Play a sport. Just don't get involved. And when things get bad, just take walk or call a friend. Also, maybetalk to your mom or dad about how this makes feel, or rite them a ltter about it. I do that when my parentsget fed up with eachother. But in he end, love conquers their emotions and evrything is okay again. It never gets too bad, and it doesn't happen often, but that's what I do.
¿Qué es poesía?, dices mientras clavas
En mi pupila tu pupila azul.

¡Qué es poesía! ¿Y tú me lo preguntas?
Poesía eres tú.
Paige offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby 5188148 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:56 pm

Taking a walk is excellent, especially if you do it to where you're parents don't notice you've gone.

Talking to a friend is good too: particularly one who isn't involved and doesn't have much of an opinion
Get your sexy PETA banner at http://www.peta.org/mc/webAds.asp
5188148 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Delritho » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:21 pm

I just ignore it....Or tell them to keep it down because your trying to sleep....Or have your Grandma tell them that she is gonna kick thier asses if they don't keep it down....Yeah....But taking a walk or going to a friends house is a good idea....My parents used to fight alot....Not gonna go into detail but it was pretty bad.
ImageImageImage
Delritho offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant