Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:10 pm

Dang Celebrities!

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Dang Celebrities!

Postby twilightchaos09 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:33 pm

Alright, I might be the only person to think this, but I really wish celebrities would just go away. They think they're better then us just because they happened to be in the right place at the right time. I mean, on the news for example. It's always "celebrity this" and "celebrity that"! I AM SO SICK OF D*MN CELEBRITIES!!!!!! They have more money that they know what to do with, yet do they ever think about us commonfolk(you will never hear me say this work again)? No. Instead, they buy d*mn drugs and stuff. And stupid rappers are making this world even worse by saying violence is good, sex is all that life is for, and that everyone who opposes them is stupid. I mean, come on. RAP IS DUMB!!! They're the reason that many of the shootings and stuff going on is happening, even if no one will admit it. Now thats not to say Im insulting the victims, my heart still goes out to them. But I personally think rap should. Just. Die. Already. As for more on celebrities, all we ever hear of them is stupid stuff. I mean, jeez! I used to watch the news a little. Now I refuse to turn it on because all they talk about is d*mn celebrities. It bugs me to no end.

*sighs*

Alright, I'm done ranting for now. More will come later.....

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:36 pm

I totally agree with that. Rap is just, well, they left the c off. And Here's an interesting question: Where are all the Women's rights activists? Here is an "art form" that glorifies Women as, uh, an objects that, are um, Money crazy.
Last edited by JesusFreak on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby twilightchaos09 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:39 pm

JesusFr3ak wrote:I totally agree with that. Rap is just, well, they left the c off. And Here's an interesting question: Where are all the Women's rights activists? Here is an "art form" that glorifies Women as, uh, an objects that, um, Money crazy.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. All rap seems to do is make woman out to be toys for men to use, bruise, and abuse. IMO, anyone who thinks that needs to be shot in the foot and/ or head. IMO, women have the same amount of rights and responsibilities as men have. Yet why must people still think women are inferior to men? Half my school thinks that, and it pisses me off to no end.

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:47 pm

THat's not the only place they should be shot....

In the spleen!
What? I can't say THAT.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Malkmusian » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:16 pm

Celebrities are too popular.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:45 pm

One of the major problems is how the Press, created to actually check the government and alter people to when they sould look at the federal system, developed a weaker, almost darker side that found it could make more money when it was reporting the olds, not the news, to quote Terry Prattchett in The Truth. I think that when the ability to have a free press was announced, it was not clearly adressed that it was to check the government, and people might have thought that the press could gain too much power, because it couldn't be stopped by laws.

So, the press has done it's job very little, becuase the focus has shifted to trivial things, such as when someone checks into a rehabilitation centre.

And really, it's not like that's bad. People SHOULD check into rehab centers. and yet it's played up like it's so horrible. Uh-huhn, yea. And I'm sure your life is a spotless virgin, sweetie.

So really, it's a gamble. Because of the enlarged population, and difference of views, people are starting to spend less time looking over what''s really ruling their lives, instead of demanding it be something else.

A good reference to this is the book Fahrenheit 451, in which the media grew so large, no one wanted books, and the government completely took over and steadily merged with pop culture. People didn't want to read, they wanted to watch a fashion show, or a reality show, so they decided to get away with books. And later, it shows the future collapse of the United states, because as more people became happy, the less they did, less they learned, and little individual. And it even got to the point where having a book was completely illegal, and you would be hunted, and your house burned if a simple alarm was called.

I think that's my mind just reminding me I have an essay on censorship due tomorrow.

But I'm procrastinanating. :D

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Re: Dang Celebrities!

Postby Gauntlet » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:50 pm

LDChaosBdon wrote:Alright, I might be the only person to think this, but I really wish celebrities would just go away. They think they're better then us just because they happened to be in the right place at the right time. I mean, on the news for example. It's always "celebrity this" and "celebrity that"! I AM SO SICK OF D*MN CELEBRITIES!!!!!! They have more money that they know what to do with, yet do they ever think about us commonfolk(you will never hear me say this work again)? No. Instead, they buy d*mn drugs and stuff.

Funny, huh? I'm sure they just tried drugs and "stuff" because they are celebrities. I'm really quite positive most of them do it for the hell of it. Seriously, what makes celebrities that different than drug addicts and bigheaded people? Celebrities seem to get you mad; why don't those poor drug addicts on Intervention get a segment of your rant? They have airtime, and I'm positive that people do discuss their circumstances, or at the very least tell their friends about the episode.

Which also brings up another point. Most of those people turned to drugs for different reasons. Some kids got into that drug ring because they were unable to cope with the difficulties of life. Some kids got into drugs because that is all that surrounds them--it's easier to kill the light in themselves than to eliminate the darkness that seeps into their life; that becomes even more difficult if there are no guides to help these children, which is common in circumstances such as that.

I'm sure you'd be alcohol and drug free if you were famous. You wouldn't be bothered by the media prying into your life. The negative comments that people say about you--on the internet, in tabloids--would just make you laugh out loud, right? Celebrities suffer from the same thing, just in different ways; are you sure they actually want to be the only name on the front page?

Tch. And they really don't owe us "commonfolk" anything at all. You should probably look into giving some money to starving children in Africa, or even spreading the word to your friends and working for the cause before you complain about celebrities ignoring us.

LDChaosBdon wrote:And stupid rappers are making this world even worse by saying violence is good, sex is all that life is for, and that everyone who opposes them is stupid. I mean, come on. RAP IS DUMB!!! They're the reason that many of the shootings and stuff going on is happening, even if no one will admit it. Now thats not to say Im insulting the victims, my heart still goes out to them. But I personally think rap should. Just. Die. Already. As for more on celebrities, all we ever hear of them is stupid stuff. I mean, jeez! I used to watch the news a little. Now I refuse to turn it on because all they talk about is d*mn celebrities. It bugs me to no end.

*sighs*

Rap is the least of your worries, honestly. It's one of them, sure, but it's not nearly as important as the other factors that affect their lives. I don't like to listen to rap that often, but there are some redeeming songs ("Gangsta's Paradise" is one, I recall, and a couple of Eminem's songs are pretty well-meaning, and I'm sure there are many other rap songs that don't preach the dangerous life).

Besides, you take out rap, and you take out freedom of speech, and before you know it, the ball won't stop rolling until your other liberties are gone. Or so people say.

Edit: AngelBolt, I don't think people necessarily became happier. Look at Montag's wife. Oh, and don't let Bradbury hear censorship--he's said in several interviews he hates it when people make that assumption. He usually states that the only message in the book is that people watch TV too often and don't read enough. It's pretty dumb of him to say all other interpretations are wrong, but whatever; just nod and smile.

Good book, though.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ambitiouslove » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:04 pm

Illu§ion wrote:Rap is the least of your worries, honestly. It's one of them, sure, but it's not nearly as important as the other factors that affect their lives. I don't like to listen to rap that often, but there are some redeeming songs ("Gangsta's Paradise" is one, I recall, and a couple of Eminem's songs are pretty well-meaning, and I'm sure there are many other rap songs that don't preach the dangerous life).

Well said :) There is so much great rap and hip-hop out there. The reason you might not hear it is because it's not mainstream. Not all of it has a negative message... a lot of it is quite poetic and inspiring in a way, and also doesn't talk about a 'dangerous life' at all. I know this because I was a Music Director, so I had to listen to CDs from all kinds of unknowns about 12+ hours a day, including weekends.

Also a big role in it is that the rap you hate hearing keeps coming out with the same kind of messages because people keep buying it/listening to it. These guys know they're making huge dollars from sales, so they probably don't really see a need to change.
ambitiouslove offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:14 pm

Ok so your hate the CL voice actors and all your fav shows and that .Some Celebrities are inportant is our life's due to the fact there give us hope and sometime a puprose in life .

These Celebrities are people who have help me on the path of life

All the code lyoko vocie actors and richard epcar (Batou)
Ross kemp (Ulimate force)
Ray mears
Rick stein (Best chef who has a pasion for loacl products)

Do you see were I'm going

Orthers like rappers not all of them.Sing about repest what that .I never been respested in my life .and some who try and help etc. Chartiy work.

I hope you understand were I going.

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Vodka's Vengeance » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:30 pm

*Looks at photo of Britney Spears* Redrum. *Stares at finger* Redrum!
Hey Rambo, throw me a shotgun!

Vodka's Vengeance offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby ji45ojperjfenfpen » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:34 pm

Ugh I hate Rap. Half the time I don't even know what they are rapping about. And yes, I agree with you. I still don't understand why celebrity's who are so rich and should be happy are doing drugs and all that. I mean, when Anna Nicole died the news wouldn't shut up about it. >> It's like they want people to be like celebrity's! No wonder women and girls have such low self esteem! The celebrity's say things on commercials like "I use this stuff to have great skin" when they really don't and have professionals working on them everyday.

ji45ojperjfenfpen offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:28 pm

Yeah. we didn't even touch the drug abuse thing.

You know who's one of the worst celebritys? Paris Hilton. What did she do to get famous? what are her contributions to society? At least most actors above the age of 26 have brains and donate money to various charities.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:05 pm

I myself really dislike rap, for reasons mentioned here.

But remember, celebrities are just around to entertain you.

This is no reason to get so upset...
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Chosen_one » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:43 pm

[quote="LDChaosBdon"]Alright, I might be the only person to think this, but I really wish celebrities would just go away. They think they're better then us just because they happened to be in the right place at the right time. I mean, on the news for example. It's always "celebrity this" and "celebrity that"! I AM SO SICK OF D*MN CELEBRITIES!!!!!! They have more money that they know what to do with, yet do they ever think about us commonfolk(you will never hear me say this work again)? No. Instead, they buy d*mn drugs and stuff. And stupid rappers are making this world even worse by saying violence is good, sex is all that life is for, and that everyone who opposes them is stupid. I mean, come on. RAP IS DUMB!!! They're the reason that many of the shootings and stuff going on is happening, even if no one will admit it. Now thats not to say Im insulting the victims, my heart still goes out to them. But I personally think rap should. Just. Die. Already. As for more on celebrities, all we ever hear of them is stupid stuff. I mean, jeez! I used to watch the news a little. Now I refuse to turn it on because all they talk about is d*mn celebrities. It bugs me to no end.[quote]Me, too! However, I think you're being too harsh on celebrities themselves. I mean, it's not their fault that people are obsessed about them. Like you, though, I do find it annoying that people always talk about every single little thing that celebrities do. When a celebrity gets married, it's all over the news. If a celebrity is found doing drugs or other shameful things, then the whole world knows about it. Can't we all just leave them alone for a while and let them do their jobs as actors or singers or whatever?

In China, a lot of rap contains no profanity. Instead, it is used in history classes to teach history. No, I can't imagine that happening, either. I don't dislike rap as a musical genre, but the currently existing rap music is pretty terrible. I mean, I don't even want to think about a life with nothing except being high and having sex. Can't they just rap about some more healthy topics? I'd rather listen to a rap about history than one about violence and drugs.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:54 pm

Rapping to teach history? It's a good cause, but it sounds really, really lame.

Hey, don't worry. One time in health class, we had to endure an abstinence rap!
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:34 pm

Planet Cool wrote:Rapping to teach history? It's a good cause, but it sounds really, really lame.

Hey, don't worry. One time in health class, we had to endure an abstinence rap!

Well, by our standards, it does, but to them, it must be having some sort of impact...
And it's better than all your teachers' rapping all day for music appreciation day. Oddly enough, the only classes that didn't do it that day were Choral classes and bands. It was a little odd...

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:51 am

Hehe......

At least it wasn't a history polka.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Chosen_one » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:47 pm

Now if celebrities were rapping about history…

Yo, in 1066 William of Normandy
landed his ship in the coast of Pevensey.
He gathered his troops formed a huge army
and killed the king of England in the battle of Hastings.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:18 pm

http://omg.yahoo.com/report:-entertaine ... /news/5666

As Galen ( I think) once asked: "Are celebrities to be worshipped as gods because they have large incomes?"

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby twilightchaos09 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Hmmm, is this necroposting? If so, sorry x.x Anyway...probably is the reason. ANYONE who's rich is just about worshipped.....

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:52 pm

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/55763151

Justice is served, with a side of PWN.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sciron » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:54 pm

?

I haven't ever heard of paparazzi being THAT reckless. And over Spears, too....

Anyway...yeah, sometimes celebrities can get really annoying...and their paparazzi, as well. But they're CELEBRITIES. You have to give them some room to wiggle.
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:30 pm

Lol sounds like someone got ahold of my 11th grade paper on social concerns (I did celebs and how most of them need to just leave) lol. I agree with you 100%
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby twilightchaos09 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:14 am

5CarthageRocks wrote: Anyway...yeah, sometimes celebrities can get really annoying...and their paparazzi, as well. But they're CELEBRITIES. You have to give them some room to wiggle.

Explain that to me. Why should they get treated any better then us? They just sit on their fat butts all day and get fatter(or in some cases, skinnier) while the rest of us have to actually work for a freaking living. They do get treated better then us, and it's that that PO's me all the time.

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:18 pm

YHChaosBdon wrote:
5CarthageRocks wrote: Anyway...yeah, sometimes celebrities can get really annoying...and their paparazzi, as well. But they're CELEBRITIES. You have to give them some room to wiggle.

Explain that to me. Why should they get treated any better then us? They just sit on their fat butts all day and get fatter(or in some cases, skinnier) while the rest of us have to actually work for a freaking living. They do get treated better then us, and it's that that PO's me all the time.

Both you guys have a point. "Celebs", as the bloodsucking press calls them, need to do more than sit at a window and stare. OTOH, how would you like your life filmed 23/7 (even bloodsucking press hounds sleep), for better or worse? Cut these guys SOME slack....

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next