Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:52 pm

Friend advice.

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Friend advice.

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:41 am

I have a bit of a problem.

One of my best friends is slightly strange. He's just generally weird, kinda shy and inverted, but passionate about what he likes. He doesn't have high self-esteem, and he doesn't really connect with others well. But he's one of my best friends. Strange, no?

Well, a lot of my other friends really don't like him. Whenever I try to get them together, all they do is gang up on him (subconsiusly if not conciously). ANd I can see how hurt he is.

My friend is also one of the directors at the local Anime Club. he's very nice, does his job well, and pretty much rocks at his job. The problem is that some of my other friends (who have no self control) will mock him WHILE HE IS PRESENTING HIS IDEAS. I'm a director as well, so I could ask the friend to leave. However, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Weird, no?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby RachelKat214 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:15 am

That's tough, but here's what I would do:

Stick up for your friend. Tell the people who are picking on him to back off or they have to leave. If they don't back off, make them leave. I'm sorry to say this, but people who pick on other people and hurt their feelings aren't worth talking to. And they should know that. Let me know if that helps.
"A friend will ask you why you're crying. A true friend will already have the shovel and be ready to bury the loser who made you cry." - Author Unknown
RachelKat214 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Location: I can't tell you that! You'd know where to find the cam- Never mind!

Postby Rail Runner » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:59 pm

I agree, that would be my advice as well. Your friend is the way he is, and if they cant accept it, then they shouldnt be there.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:08 am

That is exactly what I would do, if your other friends are being disrespectful to him then they should leave. You should stick up for him, because that is what true friends do. Believe me I know because I have done it before, and the friend who I stuck up for was very greatful.
Where Reality Ends and Virtuality Begins!!!
Catch Ya On The Flipside!!
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Searching for LadyLucy....Happy to be recovered from anxiey...

Postby mitchmcmichael » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:39 pm

Tell them to stop making fun of him.
mitchmcmichael offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:59 pm

I personaly think you should tell the others that if they have a problem with him they can just leave or sit there and listen respectfully to everyones opinions. But that's just me. I feel for you - I've been there it's not fun. *hugs*
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member