Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:38 pm

I can't take it anymore!

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

I can't take it anymore!

Postby Reesane » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:21 pm

lately, I've been dreading checking the new posts on this forum. Why? Because nearly everything is turning into a theological debate. I come to this forum to read about the show I love, not the latest in the long seres of religious augments that are springing up.

Can't we just except our differences and move on? Well, we'll have to put all of the worms back in the can first, but can we at lest try to be civil to each other?
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Gauntlet » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:41 pm

You're taking the religious thing way too far, especially your signature, which makes things seem like you're fighting some oppressive regime. This thread only furthering it. Not every thread has a religious debate, and things could be a lot worse. In the threads where religion is brought up, they have been civil, and have not needed more than a warning (except for the Christian's thread, which you'd probably want to stay out of anyways).

I don't read the CL section anymore, so I don't know what's going on there, but everything is fine in General Discussion, if a little slow. A little religious discussion, when necessary, is okay. Threads could benefit from more replies, as long as it doesn't erupt into a war.

You don't have to read the General Discussion threads if they upset you, and you don't have to let these small things get to you.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby . » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:09 am

Good God I have to agree.... I'm for a ban on all religion and all religious related products.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vodka's Vengeance » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:14 am

I just whine about American politics. But yeah, religious threads are getting old.
Hey Rambo, throw me a shotgun!

Vodka's Vengeance offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:57 am

If I could lend a machete to your psychological thicket...

First off, there hasbn't been an ACTIVE thread for a while, almost a few weeks. That's out of the way
Second, You CAN talk about that as long as it's in the GD forum. Logically, if you don't want to see it, don't post there.
Third, Reesane is NOT leadng against opression, it was a . Banner made by your own MOD, Crash Cource. Since 11/26/2006, to be precise. She is not leading a rebellion agains the majority.
And they really haven't been very civil... unfortunately.
However, technically we can't make people post about CL, and we can't ban all religeous or related products. That would leadto other things and conroversy on the entire story, and then you get into the whole chances ordeal and then members come back and want to stick up for what they believe in and all that stuff is so hick you could use it as tar... okay?

And Vodka, watch your langage. You need to start remembering when to just zip it, okay?

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Gauntlet » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:43 pm

AngelBolt wrote:Third, Reesane is NOT leadng against opression, it was a . Banner made by your own MOD, Crash Cource. Since 11/26/2006, to be precise. She is not leading a rebellion agains the majority.

I'm not talking about the banner. Reesane had a "I will not be judged by my race/religion/political/etc.. If you agree to this, place it in your signature" message in there, about the time the religious posts hit an all-time high.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:22 pm

So? believe it or not she can put what she wants in her signature. What more, there's nothing wrong with expressing her opinion, it's under the same rules that let you say yours.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Gauntlet » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:33 pm

AngelBolt wrote:So? believe it or not she can put what she wants in her signature. What more, there's nothing wrong with expressing her opinion, it's under the same rules that let you say yours.

"So?". It sounded to me like you thought I was referring to her banner. I try to correct that and I get a lousy "So?". Oho, Mrs. Plush Puddin', lots of toes have been stepped on. All six of mine.

Anyways, I'm not saying that she can't put it on there, but the copypasta line sounded like it was really exaggerating religious intolerance on this forum. Understandably, some people have had some rude reactions to Atheism (one that always come to mind is Malky's post in a game thread, where he rated Sithking Zero's location ["...standing in line waiting for The Golden Compass"] with 1/10 for being Atheist related), and I'm not supporting what they said. I simply mentioned it because the paragraph in Reesane's signature sounded really corny--like she was fighting an oppressive regime when we're on a kid's forum--even though I do agree with her statement.

I didn't make her take it down, nor did I ask her too. A suggestive opinion, if you will.

Edit: Fixed, because the minor details really gnaw at me sometimes.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:19 pm

Um Gauntlet don't you have ten toes? And I agree with you... However some people are closer to their religons then others. Is it wrong to be atheist? Is not Freedom of Speech and expressions one of the ammendments that the usa was founded upon? Reesane, why are you letting all the religous things get to you? Just ignore them.
Where Reality Ends and Virtuality Begins!!!
Catch Ya On The Flipside!!
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Searching for LadyLucy....Happy to be recovered from anxiey...

Postby . » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:39 pm

BillyGirl wrote:Um Gauntlet don't you have ten toes? And I agree with you... However some people are closer to their religons then others. Is it wrong to be atheist? Is not Freedom of Speech and expressions one of the ammendments that the usa was founded upon? Reesane, why are you letting all the religous things get to you? Just ignore them.

But where not here in the USA, where on Lyokofreak. where the only rules are...

1. Don't piss off Mew, or face the BAN HAMMER~!

2. Don't hit on Angelbolt.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:18 pm

ThePepsiPiper wrote:
BillyGirl wrote:Um Gauntlet don't you have ten toes? And I agree with you... However some people are closer to their religons then others. Is it wrong to be atheist? Is not Freedom of Speech and expressions one of the ammendments that the usa was founded upon? Reesane, why are you letting all the religous things get to you? Just ignore them.

Thanks Piper I will keep them in mind *takes notes* I would rather not hit on Angelbolt (A. I am a girl and B. She would knock the tar out of me....
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DeadViolet » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:14 pm

I'm sorry if I've been accidentally pushing my Beleifs on y'all......^^;
Gomenasai.

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:31 pm

misha-san wrote:I'm sorry if I've been accidentally pushing my Beleifs on y'all......^^;
Gomenasai.

Gesundheit.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby knifey » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:29 pm

ThePepsiPiper wrote:

It's one hell of an oppressive regime we live in.

Mew is such a monarchist.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DeadViolet » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:32 pm

kamekai wrote:
misha-san wrote:I'm sorry if I've been accidentally pushing my Beleifs on y'all......^^;
Gomenasai.

Gesundheit.
"Gomenasai" = "I'm Sorry", or "Sorry".
But thanks anyway.

DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby twilightchaos09 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:34 pm

I have to agree with Reesane. LF's topic list...its hard to find a topic that DOESNT have something religious in it....Its really getting annoying. And one of my friends, whos a catholic, agrees. So its not just that Im athiest...

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby DeadViolet » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:41 pm

Can't we just delete those threads......?
Seems resaonable.

DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby knifey » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:44 pm

misha-san wrote:Can't we just delete those threads......?
Seems resaonable.
Some of those threads are for other purposes as well. The "Golden Compass" thread is for discussing the movie. It would be meaningless to delete it.

And Gauntlet already provided a solution for those who don't wish to view them; "[y]ou don't have to read the General Discussion threads if they upset you, and you don't have to let these small things get to you."
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Gauntlet » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:50 pm

LDChaosBdon wrote:I have to agree with Reesane. LF's topic list...its hard to find a topic that DOESNT have something religious in it....Its really getting annoying. And one of my friends, whos a catholic, agrees. So its not just that Im athiest...

You are more than welcome to create a thread that doesn't have a religious subject, or bump a thread from beyond page one, you know. Some posters, like JesusFreak, use religion as their compass and post with that in mind, and while there's nothing wrong with that, other people turn it into a religious discussion.

Aside from the Christians thread (and "'God Hates F*gs' Picketers" thread, I guess), there aren't many threads that are based on religion. In a majority of them, some replies do bring religion into the discussion, but again, the choice to respond is what makes it a problem.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:27 pm

Gauntlet wrote:
LDChaosBdon wrote:I have to agree with Reesane. LF's topic list...its hard to find a topic that DOESNT have something religious in it....Its really getting annoying. And one of my friends, whos a catholic, agrees. So its not just that Im athiest...

You are more than welcome to create a thread that doesn't have a religious subject, or bump a thread from beyond page one, you know. Some posters, like JesusFreak, use religion as their compass and post with that in mind, and while there's nothing wrong with that, other people turn it into a religious discussion.

Aside from the Christians thread (and "'God Hates F*gs' Picketers" thread, I guess), there aren't many threads that are based on religion. In a majority of them, some replies do bring religion into the discussion, but again, the choice to respond is what makes it a problem.

Compass? Try Swiss Army Utility Thingy.

Overall, I'm trying to cut back on things that will offend everyone but I will NOT dumb down what I say just because someone wants to CENSOR my views.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Reploid CB » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:26 pm

Alright guys, I'm going to step in before anything bigger happens and just say chill. This isn't about trying to cheese anybody off, or censor anybody's views. Anyone is as free to post about religion as they are about any topic.

However.

Just because someone is posting about religion, and that it's "seen all over the place now" doesn't mean that suddenly it's wrong, or shouldn't be there. Like was said, if it's annoying you, then avoid it. Don't go into pointedly religious threads, or just pass over posts that seem to be heavy on it.

Likewise though, I must heed those that DO post with religion in their posts to take note of the fact that not everybody likes it "rubbed in their faces", as this thread proves. If you want to get into a theological debate with someone, then do it over PM, especially if it'd be OT to whatever the current thread is about.

At the risk of sounding like an afterschool special, everything's a two-way street, especially in this instance. And I don't want to have to lock this thread, so be careful that a fight fight doesn't break out, please.
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:58 pm

I agree with that I am all for not having a fight....
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:38 am

*sigh* I don't like fights either (or want one) and I know nobody's censoring....yet. I've seen and heard about this sort of thing, and it ended up with...*drumroll*.... CENSORSHIP! I just don't want that to happen.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Reesane » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:12 am

*Pokes head back in thread for the first time in ages.*

My original point was not about censoring religion, it was about how this forum seemed to have this.... Well, tension bubbling just beneath the surface. Some threads which should never have had religion in them seemed to be turning into theological debates, and it just seemed as if some forum members where not being as nice *coughdownrightnastycough* to other members who didn't share the same beliefs as them. I thought I was reading things wrong, but then I saw Malky's rant thread. (I'd like to stay out of that arguments and just use it as an example, thank you very much). My point was that things are wading into dangerous and charted waters, and that we can all co-exist peacefully if we just put aside our deferences.

I probably should have clarified that in the first post.
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby twilightchaos09 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:27 am

Whoa whoa whoa....whoa.... I never said it offended me. It's just a little annoying, is all...

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko