Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:06 pm

Guy

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Guy

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Ok so this is going to sound really stupid compared to some other topics on here but I really could use an outsiders advice. There's this guy I've been friends with for 3 years now (wow...how original...) and last year I found out he liked me. I asked him about it and he admited it so we tried a date but it felt weird so we didn't do it again. This year things changed. It was like everytime I had a problem I wanted to talk to him, the simple things (like calling me beautiful) made me cry. So I told him (after appologizing for the year before) and he told me how everytime he thinks of his future he wants me in it and all that cute stuff. So we talked and talked and talked about it but I just couldn't figure out my feelings so I told him I needed more time and we dropped it. But I regret it so much yet I can't see myself kissing him or anything like that. I'm scared to go into a relationship (I have no clue why) and now I'm just so confused. My classes are going to be changing soon so I'm not going to see him really anymore unless by some miracle we have lunch together. I just really need some advice because I just don't know what to do. I'm scared to bring it up with him again because I feel like I've played with his emotions enough but I don't want to miss the chance...
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DJSakurame » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:50 pm

Well, of course you would be scared to move on, you wouldn't want to ruin a long-time relationship like that.

It just depends how you feel, really. If you still aren't sure, and you think your friendship could last afterwards, why not try it? It may be just the thing to trigger any in depth feelings you have for him.

On the other side, if you really can't see yourself with him, then just move on. He's a good friend, and you don't want to damage the friendship.

It's really up to you, and if you want to take any risks.
DJSakurame offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:19 pm

Remember, School romance is not like Ned's Declassified School survival guide.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Kamekai » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:38 pm

JesusFreak wrote:Remember, School romance is not like Ned's Declassified School survival guide.

It's... not? Wow, that's about the 4th time today my entire perception of reality has been shattered. xP
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:04 am

LOL! I haven't watched that show in forever so I'm not really up to date with it but I think I know what you mean. It's just everytime we didn't talk about it I felt for him but as soon as we did those feelings just went away! It's maddening...stupid boys lol Thanks for the advice though guys! I really appreciate it!
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:39 am

I know you have gotten some advice... But the best advice I have to give you is listen to your heart and not your feelings... If I were you I would give him a chance, it is not often you meet nice guys in high school. Well I don't know about you but I don't so listen to your heart and let it guide you....Good luck.
Where Reality Ends and Virtuality Begins!!!
Catch Ya On The Flipside!!
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Searching for LadyLucy....Happy to be recovered from anxiey...

Postby FènéethxAelita » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:33 am

This happened to me last year, I fell in love with a girl I was already close friends with, but I hesiated to tell her my feelings untill late in the year, and now we're in all different classes and lost my chance for a relationship. Don't let this chance go! I'm still regreting what happened to me!

I completely agree with DJ, as well.
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Borg Collective
FènéethxAelita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Location: Chimera rally in U.K., in Tamriel, kicking daedra ***, or in Lyoko, protecting Aelita (who else?)

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:07 pm

I agree don't give this chance up....
Where Reality Ends and Virtuality Begins!!!
Catch Ya On The Flipside!!
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Searching for LadyLucy....Happy to be recovered from anxiey...

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:46 pm

Well I took the chance and for 2 days now I've had a boy friend! Thanks for everything guys!
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:58 pm

Congratulations!

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?