Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 5:06 am

Jodi Forrest a.k.a. Elisabeth "Sissi" Delmas

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby bambi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:29 am

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Okay, let's spend my 4000th post here. It will be worthy, though. Eventually, Star Way will reach 3000 and x1 will reach 4000. SamBlob is going for 2000 and it seems most likely that Dylan0513 will reach 1000 posts before Paige does (given the way he's going, although Paige's first days were almost like 800 posts in 15 days), or maybe Paige or Mewberries151 could reach it.

Congratulations! *breaks out the champagne* I'm very honored you spent it on this thread. *raises glass* Here's to our wonderful Rodri! May his life be full of love, happiness, health and prosperity! *slugs back entire glass of champagne* *burps* oops! 'scuse me.

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:You've seen Cidade de Deus (City of God, very awesome movie btw)?

No, but I'll try to get a hold of a copy. Who was in it?

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Well, peruvians are more messed up. And yes, there's homeless children (natives, in the streets, etc.). It's sad, and I might gonna sound like an idiot, but sometimes these children can get annoying (begging you for money and trying to sell candies) and sometimes turn into delinquents.

I totally understand what you mean about how annoying it can be. At the same time, what else can they do? Go off and die politely in a quiet corner? The will to live is very powerful.

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:If Peru had Bush for president, he might as well get rid of those children and the hobos by sending them to Iraq.

I wouldn't put it past him.

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:And if USA had a peruvian president, they would steal more money than they ever would in their lives.

Now that would be quite an accomplishment!

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
bambi wrote:From what I remember of my history classes, the Spanish were particularly brutal "colonizers", actually more like savage mass murderers...

Yeah, Spanish were mass murderers, and very good at it. With the pretext of evangelization, they go conquer and slaughter and invade countries. It would be interesting to figure out how USA would be nowadays if Spain would had hit on them centuries ago.

Well, for one thing, I'd be writing this in Spanish...

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:The atrocites continue, indeed. Not only by big genocides, but also the little ones are helping on it. All with different ambitions, for sure.

Yes indeed, the big ones, little ones, unknown ones, front page ones... and all for religious, political, hisorical, economical , emotional or just plain dumb reasons.
Last edited by bambi on Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
But passion lends them power, time means, to meet,
Temp'ring extremities with extreme sweet.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby bambi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:10 pm

TB3 wrote:Just a quick aside but Mirabelle Kirkland has also joined the forums! You guys are all great!

Thanks for the tip TB3. You're not so bad yourself!
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby MY85 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:13 pm

bambi wrote:Congratulations! *breaks out the chanpagne* I'm very honored you spent it on this thread. *raises glass* Here's to our wonderful Rodri! May his life be full of love, happiness, health and prosperity! *slugs back entire glass of champagne* *burps* oops! 'scuse me.

You're welcome!!

*notices the burps* Huh? J/k...

bambi wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:You've seen Cidade de Deus (City of God, very awesome movie btw)?

No, but I'll try to get a hold of a copy. Who was in it?

It's a brazilian movie made in 2002. For more information: here. Or try Google.

By the way, i might want to ask a related CL question.

Given the episodes you have recorded so far, do you think any characther might have the chance to get killed off or trapped into Lyoko forever?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby bduddy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:13 pm

Are you asking about pure opinion, Rodrin? Because I think that might be non-disclosure territory... just to let you know. Of course, I am not saying that you, as a moderator, don't know absolutely everything...
*runs away*
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby bambi » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:30 am

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Given the episodes you have recorded so far, do you think any characther might have the chance to get killed off or trapped into Lyoko forever?

First off, I have no idea whatsoever as to where the CL story is going or what will happen to any of the characters. As far as my own personal opinion is concerned, it seems unlikely that a reccuring character would be killed or trapped on Lyoko. As to one-off characters, I suppose anything goes.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby *Star* Gazer » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:02 am

Oh heavens don't kill them!!! Unless Xana comes to Lyoko and shoots one of them :shoot: (I dobut they would kill someone though) I just wish I didn't miss two episodes I'm SO MAD.
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: The classic "RIGHT BEHIND YOU". In my case, "INSIDE YOU."

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:53 am

Star warrior wrote:Oh heavens don't kill them!!! Unless Xana comes to Lyoko and shoots one of them :shoot: (I dobut they would kill someone though) I just wish I didn't miss two episodes I'm SO MAD.

They CAN'T be killed on Lyoko, remember?

And I'm Uk, we haven't even gotten S2 yet...
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:06 pm

Actually they CAN'T be killed if they're devirtualized while the scanners are down. I remember during.. what was it... Common Interest? Yeah, when the Super Calculator's batteries were dying and it shut down (including the scanners) while Odd and Ulrich were in Lyoko, they were going to devirtualize each other and see what was up with Jeremie. Odd shot an arrow at Ulrich, and Ulrich took a swipe at Odd's shoulder. The results? Nothing happened. And then Ulrich said "Huh? We can't be devirtualized? The scanners must be down." (or something to that effect.)

So it would seem the De-Virt program has a failsafe-- unless it has a bug in it (there was one episode, can't remember the title, but XANA had messed with the De-Virt program and Jeremie said "If you're de-virtualized, you're gone forever!")

Falling into the Digital Sea or some type of XANA bug seem to be the only way to be killed on Lyoko. But even still, Yumi fell into the Digital Sea before and Jeremie was able to get her back with the materialization program. So, I guess that means that falling in there kind of "corrupts" the scanner information necessary for De-Virt'ing. Or.. something.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:24 am

TB3 wrote:Technically they can be killed -examples;

1: If they are devirtualised while the scanners are down or the program is corrupted.

True, but those have happened, what, once each? Both are exceptions, not the rule.

TB3 wrote: 2: If the kids fall into the digital void twice, or Aelita once.

I thought the digital void was 'lost forever' in the entirely literal sense?

TB3 wrote:So Jodi - how long till you finish VA work on S2? And what comes after that?

Work on S3? :nyeh!:
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jinnai » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:51 pm

Miss Forrest, I am so glad to be able to post here. Your work as Sissy is excellent and I really think you bring out the character best. I can't picture any other voice for Sissy. Anyway, onto my three questions:

1) Which episode that you've recorded so far is your favorite?
2) Do you prefer Sissy as a "good guy", a "bad guy" or "both"? (I personally prefer "Both".)
3) What's YOUR opinion on the semi-controversial pairing of Sissy and Odd?

I must go now. My hacking awaits! :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Jinnai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby bambi » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:19 am

TB3 wrote:So Jodi - how long till you finish VA work on S2?

We finish up S2 on Monday, Nov. 6th.

TB3 wrote:And what comes after that?

Cassius335 wrote:Work on S3? :nyeh!:

*giggles* Yes, eventually. In the meantime: other cartoons, a theater piece, a cabaret, a super stressful lighting gig (my last, finally!) and Thanksgiving in the States.

Jinnai wrote:Miss Forrest, I am so glad to be able to post here. Your work as Sissy is excellent and I really think you bring out the character best. I can't picture any other voice for Sissy.

Thank you so much! I'm very happy you like the voice. I really enjoy doing it.

Jinnai wrote:Anyway, onto my three questions:

1) Which episode that you've recorded so far is your favorite?
2) Do you prefer Sissy as a "good guy", a "bad guy" or "both"? (I personally prefer "Both".)
3) What's YOUR opinion on the semi-controversial pairing of Sissy and Odd?

1) I do have a favorite episode, but I don't know the name of it. (You guys in England can shut your ears here since you may not have seen this one) It's the one where Sissi "replaces" Jeremie, if you see what I mean (I'm intentionally trying to be obscure).

2) I also prefer Sissi as "both".

3) The idea is beginning to "seduce me", as the French would say. At first I just accepted their mutual animosity at face value. Then, little by little I started thinking, hmm, Odd never misses a chance to get on Sissi's case, is he covering up other feelings? But, who knows? Maybe he just can't resist teasing her! She's a pretty easy target.

Jinnai wrote:I must go now. My hacking awaits! :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

ACK! *grabs computer and runs in opposite direction*
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:53 am

bambi wrote:1) I do have a favorite episode, but I don't know the name of it. (You guys in England can shut your ears here since you may not have seen this one) It's the one where Sissi "replaces" Jeremie, if you see what I mean (I'm intentionally trying to be obscure).

I'm UK and don't worry about me. I've been reading the ep threads.

Looking forward to that episode. Now if only they'd immunise her to the RTTP...
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bambi » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:09 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Looking forward to that episode. Now if only they'd immunise her to the RTTP...

Now THAT would be cool.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby MY85 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:17 pm

bambi wrote:

We finish up S2 on Monday, Nov. 6th

I see you here right now. Have you guys already finished the Season 2 recording by this moment?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Jinnai » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:29 pm

1) I do have a favorite episode, but I don't know the name of it. (You guys in England can shut your ears here since you may not have seen this one) It's the one where Sissi "replaces" Jeremie, if you see what I mean (I'm intentionally trying to be obscure).

"Ultimatum"! I liked that one too.

Now if only they'd immunise her to the RTTP...

I wonder how one gets "immunised" to the RTTP...blood sample, perhaps? :evillaugh:

(In case everyone hasn't noticed by now, a :evillaugh: in each post is my calling card. :D )
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Jinnai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby YDV » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:42 pm

Aww!! That's so cute! Can i have it?!?! lol (i love cats if you haven't noticed :P)

Cats AND Sissi at the same time? w00t!! lol
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:17 pm

Haha! :D

If I ever actually get a dog (unlikely.. I don't really like those things. they bark at people. and poop everywhere. *shudders*) I will probably name it Kiwi! :)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bambi » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:02 am

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
bambi wrote:

We finish up S2 on Monday, Nov. 6th

I see you here right now. Have you guys already finished the Season 2 recording by this moment?

No, not yet. It's 5:45 in the morning here. We'll be done by 1:30 in the afternoon.

TB3 wrote:Little bro Team Lyoko called me at university today - my family have taken in a stray kitten and have been trying out names for her - so far the only one she responds to is...

...wait for it...

...Sissi! ;)

Hurrah!

TB3 wrote:Seems like lil' Sissi has been scavenging cat-food from our other cat Penny for some time now - sneaking in through the cat-flap at night. After they caught her they fed her and let her go, and sure enough she came back and apparently wants to stay.

Same thing happening here. A stray started coming in the cat flap so we decided to feed him, but outside. We'd love to adopt him, especially with winter coming up, but our cat disapproves.

TB3 wrote:Equally weird is that it was not Team Lyoko who suggested the name but our mum (spelling and all) - and she doesn't even know CL exists!

Spooky!

TB3 wrote:After one fanfic I read I'd be tempted to call a kitten Oddball, and then Odd for short.

What does Jodi think of all this? :)

I'm a cat lover, so s'all right by me.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:52 am

Jinnai wrote:

"Ultimatum"! I liked that one too.

Now if only they'd immunise her to the RTTP...

I wonder how one gets "immunised" to the RTTP...blood sample, perhaps? :evillaugh:

(In case everyone hasn't noticed by now, a :evillaugh: in each post is my calling card. :D )

Damn good question. Going to Lyoko, maybe?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext