Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 1:21 pm

Barbara Weber-Scaff a.k.a. Ulrich Stern (and Kiwi )

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby kiwi » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:04 am

UlrichxYumifan12 wrote:
Chosen_one wrote:Which episode was that again, Cold War?

Anyway, um... I forgot...

um...

Here's a question. Kiwi, Tamiya, and Ulrich sound completely different. How do you achieve those voices?

They probabley dubbed the voices, and Kiwi I have a question whats it like knowing you got a famous role (In my view) do you ever get to watch the episodes after voice recording or whatever?

yes, i have seen quite a few episodes! some when I was in the US visiting my family, but others thanks to a friend who sent me the first two series so I could finally watch them! It's wonderful knowing that people like the series, but it doesn't ever really occur to me that it's a famous character.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:05 am

Cassius335 wrote:They haven't finished recording Season 3 yet!

that's right, but I AM already looking forward to season four!

So, seen any season 3 episodes yet? i don't know when they start to air them. Let me know what you think!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Chosen_one » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:08 am

I believe in France season 3 is releasted today!!
I don't know about the United States, though…
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:05 pm

kiwi wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:They haven't finished recording Season 3 yet!

that's right, but I AM already looking forward to season four!

:*D Fair enough.

kiwi wrote:So, seen any season 3 episodes yet? i don't know when they start to air them. Let me know what you think!

Ask us Monday-ish...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:18 pm

I SO wanna see some UlrichYumi action! =D Barbara, you and I have waited too long! LET THERE BE JAPANESE-TO-GERMAN LOVE!!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:27 pm

Taelia wrote:I SO wanna see some UlrichYumi action! =D Barbara, you and I have waited too long! LET THERE BE JAPANESE-TO-GERMAN LOVE!!

Don't make me get the sedatives. I might have to shoot both of us...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:49 pm

Taelia wrote:I SO wanna see some UlrichYumi action! =D Barbara, you and I have waited too long! LET THERE BE JAPANESE-TO-GERMAN LOVE!!

oh dear.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Movie-Man » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:51 pm

Say Barbara, how is it like raising your own kid now?
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:51 pm

kiwi wrote:

oh dear.

Sorry, kiwi. We try restrain her, we really do...

Unless, of course, you're hinting at something...
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:05 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
kiwi wrote:

oh dear.

hey no biggie! It just sounded like something out of a World War Two B-movie ;)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:23 pm

kiwi wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:
kiwi wrote:

oh dear.

hey no biggie! It just sounded like something out of a World War Two B-movie ;)

Careful. You never know when XANA's listening in (and the German Luftewaffe just happen to have an air show nearby...)
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:45 pm

totally. :D
it's getting late for me, hope to hear from you all again SOON.
ciao for niao,
barbara alias ulrich alias kiwi alias...
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:14 pm

Oyasumi, Barbara! Sweet dreams.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:23 pm

Night Barbara - sleep well :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Movie-Man » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:50 pm

Night Barbara, have a good night's rest and good night to your kid too.
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

WHAT?!?!?!?! D:<

Postby Taelia » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:21 pm

I heard that in the third season, Yumi will decide against having a relationship with Ulrich! If that's true, Barbara, doesn't that make you mad as a Hornet?! :cussout:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: WHAT?!?!?!?! D:<

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:44 pm

Taelia wrote:I heard that in the third season, Yumi will decide against having a relationship with Ulrich! If that's true, Barbara, doesn't that make you mad as a Hornet?! :cussout:

Taelia...she's not allowed to give out information regarding season 3...particularly since your question includes a question about a possible season 3 plot. ^^

Hmmm...Mrs. Weber-Scaff...I have a rather tricky question to ask you. I was just reading the Code Lyoko season 2 scripts on LyokoCode...and of course, the first one I dove for was "Guerre Froid (Cold War)".

I was absolutely shocked to realize though that in the original French script, Ulrich's infamous, "I need you" line is not included! o_O

So my big question is...do you know if that line was added later into the French script, or was that added for the English version...or even better, did you adlib that? :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:21 pm

Sorry, Mew. I was just mad.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:26 pm

Taelia wrote:Sorry, Mew. I was just mad.

Understood. I'm surprised at the plot twist myself...but I actually think Moonscoop has something far bigger and better planned with it. ;)

But just a reminder to all, the VAs can't confirm details about season 3, (regardless of what's been released in France) due to the obligations of their contracts. :no:

So please try and steer clear of season 3 related questions as much as possible. Thanks! :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:01 am

Maybe she's gonna say that because she is very angry at her brother, but we just know that they're not just friends... ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:26 pm

Or atleast we would like to think so....

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby kiwi » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:20 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Taelia wrote:I heard that in the third season, Yumi will decide against having a relationship with Ulrich! If that's true, Barbara, doesn't that make you mad as a Hornet?! :cussout:

Taelia...she's not allowed to give out information regarding season 3...particularly since your question includes a question about a possible season 3 plot. ^^

Hmmm...Mrs. Weber-Scaff...I have a rather tricky question to ask you. I was just reading the Code Lyoko season 2 scripts on LyokoCode...and of course, the first one I dove for was "Guerre Froid (Cold War)".

I was absolutely shocked to realize though that in the original French script, Ulrich's infamous, "I need you" line is not included! o_O

So my big question is...do you know if that line was added later into the French script, or was that added for the English version...or even better, did you adlib that? :D

Thanks for answering that other question for me, since I can't!

In resonse to your very good question, when I got the scripts for doing the guides tracks for season two, they were already in english, and if memory serves me that line was already in it. Perhaps Jerome had made the changes already. The funny thing is, I did NOT, frustrating as it was for me, do Ulrich's voice on the guide tracks. There was a mix-up or misunderstanding at the first session, and we thought that it was Doug that was obliged to do all the male voices and I all the female voices. so for the three or four months we recorded those, everytime i saw a line for Ulrich come up I had to stop myself from doing it. I often forgot, and jumped right in, which meant we then had to redo the line! It really was SO frustrating! I found out later that Doug wouldn't have minded my doing the voice of Ulrich at all on the guide tracks, he'd just been told to do all the guys voices so he thought he had to! ;)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:30 pm

You do a great job with Ulrich, Barbara! You're one of the greatest women out there that has done a boy's voice. And besides, Ulrich is definitely your part. :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:29 pm

kiwi wrote:In resonse to your very good question, when I got the scripts for doing the guides tracks for season two, they were already in english, and if memory serves me that line was already in it. Perhaps Jerome had made the changes already. The funny thing is, I did NOT, frustrating as it was for me, do Ulrich's voice on the guide tracks. There was a mix-up or misunderstanding at the first session, and we thought that it was Doug that was obliged to do all the male voices and I all the female voices. so for the three or four months we recorded those, everytime i saw a line for Ulrich come up I had to stop myself from doing it. I often forgot, and jumped right in, which meant we then had to redo the line! It really was SO frustrating! I found out later that Doug wouldn't have minded my doing the voice of Ulrich at all on the guide tracks, he'd just been told to do all the guys voices so he thought he had to! ;)

You know Barbara - after we'd left you guys two weeks ago, we ran into Doug Rand in the studio and did a quick interview with him.

He said the exact same thing as you just did, how you should have been allowed to read for Ulrich - weird huh? We got it on film too so we'll slip that in :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:53 pm

Wait...isn't Doug Rand one of the VAs from Indigo Prophecy?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext