Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:34 pm

Barbara Weber-Scaff a.k.a. Ulrich Stern (and Kiwi )

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby FormicaArchonis » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:51 pm

kiwi wrote:
FormicaArchonis wrote:I know I'm not Barbara, but I thought that question sounded familiar, so I did a bit of looking. (Snip snip.)

That's cool of you to look that up and save me the trouble of repeating myself!

Thank you. The pleasure is mine.:) Hmmm. Maybe I should dig up that ancient database to HTML program I wrote and see about making some sort of FAQ page.....

Cassius335 wrote:"bonus" might mean it IS one of the special features.

Could also be one of those free-with-toy DVDs like Matthew Géczy mentioned a while back on his thread.
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: A basement. Your basement, my basement, I don't know. But I'm sure it's a basement.

Postby Virus_Xana » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:09 pm

hey barbara. I have a question. Which season did you think had better scripts? Season 1 or 2?
Virus_Xana offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby kiwi » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:16 pm

[quote="Virus_Xana"]hey barbara. I have a question. Which season did you think had Each Season had different advantages: I think that alot of the ideas in Season One were great, and it was very exciting; I also think there were more twists and surprises in Season Two, and a thread to follow, but that sometimes the plot lines were too similar (ie: someone gets possessed by Xana, becomes an enemy and has to be overcome).
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby TB3 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:20 pm

kiwi wrote: I also think there were more twists and surprises in Season Two, and a thread to follow, but that sometimes the plot lines were too similar (ie: someone gets possessed by Xana, becomes an enemy and has to be overcome).

Haha! It's interesting that the VAs think the same way as some of us did at the time!

Oh Barbara, you might know already but Sharon's joined as well. :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:28 pm

TB3 wrote:
kiwi wrote: I also think there were more twists and surprises in Season Two, and a thread to follow, but that sometimes the plot lines were too similar (ie: someone gets possessed by Xana, becomes an enemy and has to be overcome).

Haha! It's interesting that the VAs think the same way as some of us did at the time!

Truly! Cheers to that! Although...Ulrich's always the first to notice when things become too..."Routine". *giggles* ^.^

I am truly excited to hear about this "Bonus" that all of the VAs have been working on, Mrs. Weber-Scaff! :D I wonder if it isn't that prequel we've been hearing about since season 1 first ran. That would be too cool! ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:13 pm

Hmm...I know we can't be told what the 'Bonus' is but I have reason to believe it's being released on DVD with some of the toys when the wide-scale merchendising begins.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:21 pm

I can't wait for it either! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Skorpigeist » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:34 pm

Ms. Weber Scaff I just wanted to say to you, like I have in the other VA threads, that I appreciate each of the VA's from Code Lyoko comming to the forum and taking time out from thier busy lives to answer our burning questions. Many thanks for that.

A quick question though. What do you consider to be the most rewarding experince in chatting on these forums/ with your job?

PS. can't wait for the bouns thing you guys have worked on
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby kiwi » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:29 pm

Skorpigeist wrote:Ms. Weber Scaff I just wanted to say to you, like I have in the other VA threads, that I appreciate each of the VA's from Code Lyoko comming to the forum and taking time out from thier busy lives to answer our burning questions. Many thanks for that.

A quick question though. What do you consider to be the most rewarding experince in chatting on these forums/ with your job?

PS. can't wait for the bouns thing you guys have worked on

the best thing about chatting with all of you on these forums is the knowledge that my work is appreciated, and that people really like the series enough to take time from THEIR busy shcedules too, to chat with us about what they like about the series.
I think the best thing about my job, besides how fun it is to do cartoon voices, is DEFINITELY the team I work with. I am so fortunate to be in close collaboration with such bright, funny, warm and generous people.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:58 pm

I am so glad you think that. Sometimes I wonder what it's like to have people hear your voice every day but they never know it.

And on a weird note, do you know how to speak french? And if so, how long? I'm trying but there's this annoying kid who keeps reading off this poster that says: Speak! Woof!
Parlez! Le woof!

And he won't shut up! And I said it sounds like something Kiwi would say, and he actually got it. But he doesn't believe you also do the voice of Ulrich.

And on another french note, He's waaay too annoying. And if he bugs me, I shout out :C'est assez! Which I think means That's enough in french. And he says I'm saying it wrong, and what I'm trying to say is "Cease and Desist." And so we're screaming (And at points swearing) at each other in french.

I don't like boys.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Skorpigeist » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:09 am

I would agree with angelbolt about it being great that you think that about this forum and the fans
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby kiwi » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:30 pm

AngelBolt wrote:I am so glad you think that. Sometimes I wonder what it's like to have people hear your voice every day but they never know it.

And on a weird note, do you know how to speak french? And if so, how long? I'm trying but there's this annoying kid who keeps reading off this poster that says: Speak! Woof!
Parlez! Le woof!

And he won't shut up! And I said it sounds like something Kiwi would say, and he actually got it. But he doesn't believe you also do the voice of Ulrich.

And on another french note, He's waaay too annoying. And if he bugs me, I shout out :C'est assez! Which I think means That's enough in french. And he says I'm saying it wrong, and what I'm trying to say is "Cease and Desist." And so we're screaming (And at points swearing) at each other in french.

I don't like boys.

French is a great language to swear in. And yes I do speak it,and have for as long as I've lived here in Paris, so it comes in pretty handy, actually! you're absolutely right, C'est assez means "that's enough" in french. I'm afraid I won't be able to teach you any stronger language in french on this forum, but you CAN tell him "ta guele" (pronounced gull, like a seagull), which is short for "ferme ta guele", which is a slang version of "ferme ta bouche". I'm sure you know what THAT means. whatever you do, NEVER say it to the French teacher! Ulrich would probably not swear, in any language. He tries to keep his cool, usually, or goes away to cool off when someone gets on his nerves.
I kind of like boys, but i'm sure I know what you mean. I've been there.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:45 pm

Wow....Ulrich speaking in French. I'd LOVE to hear that! As well as him speaking Japanese. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:18 pm

Oh, thank you sooo much!

My french class is weird. We were playing cherades or guesstures or something along the lines, and this one kid named Doug, who's french name is Francois, (Mine's Jacqueline in french, and in real life Jacqueline, but in Canada it's Jacqueline Michelle Marie Ouellette because there's like three other Jacquelines in my family) Anyways, back to Frenchie. His word was Underpants, and he started taking his pants off. The teacher looked up and screamed "Francois! Put your pants back on!" And I started laughing uncontrollably, til IO fell out of my seat. Then the teacher's yellinng at me to get up, saying "C'est Assez!" And I asked her what it means That's enough, and I stare at that kid again and say I told you, and we go into another one of those spasms.

Just wanted to share a little humor.

Postby FormicaArchonis » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:03 pm

kiwi wrote:French is a great language to swear in.

(Raises glass.) Hear hear. Quebec dialect has quite the array of obscene words. And they're so easy to concatenate into one long string of profanity! :D Alas, Acadian French is missing such flavor.

kiwi wrote:I'm afraid I won't be able to teach you any stronger language in french on this forum,

No discussion of seals either, huh?;)

kiwi wrote:I kind of like boys, but i'm sure I know what you mean. I've been there.

Most of us have had our dislike of the opposite gender. Girls, ewww.:)
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: A basement. Your basement, my basement, I don't know. But I'm sure it's a basement.

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:09 pm

FormicaArchonis wrote:
kiwi wrote:I'm afraid I won't be able to teach you any stronger language in french on this forum,

No discussion of seals either, huh?;)

LOL! Ah, that brings back memories of French class. The French word for "seal'...*giggles* To be sure though, you cannot get away with saying to a French person "Seal you" in French....they will know what you mean. It doesn't work to your advantage either.

Taelia, if you'd like to hear Ulrich in French, just watch that same LyokoCode video where you heard Odd's voice in French. Ulrich speaks in it too. I rather like his French voice...he has a very contagious laugh in it. XD Though, nothing compares to his English voice of course. ^_^

I'd have to say I love hearing Ulrich laugh...since he doesn't do that very often. Mrs. Weber-Scaff, you've given him such an adorable laugh...everytime I watch "Frontier" where he and Odd crack up about the "worm" jibe, I have to laugh as well. It's very cute. ^.^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:32 pm

Not as cute though as when he's got his 'fish out of water' expression on - best example for me is the start of 'A Bad Turn' where all the guys encourage him to go after Yumi and ask her out.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:53 pm

TB3 wrote:Not as cute though as when he's got his 'fish out of water' expression on - best example for me is the start of 'A Bad Turn' where all the guys encourage him to go after Yumi and ask her out.

XD I think my favorite Ulrich expression hands down, is the pouty face he makes after Yumi more or less tells him to "Sit on it" during "Frontier". :*D

I'm not sure if this was asked before or not, but what do you use as inspiration for your voice-acting, or for Ulrich's character, Mrs. Weber-Scaff? Are there any characters that you liken him too, and see in his personality? ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blueyedblonde » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:25 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
TB3 wrote:Not as cute though as when he's got his 'fish out of water' expression on - best example for me is the start of 'A Bad Turn' where all the guys encourage him to go after Yumi and ask her out.

XD I think my favorite Ulrich expression hands down, is the pouty face he makes after Yumi more or less tells him to "Sit on it" during "Frontier".

Or in 'Routine' when Jeremie yells at them, and Ulrich sinks his head into his shoulders. XD
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby kiwi » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:31 pm

Hey Mewberries,
When I was in high school people used to make fun of my laugh, so thanks for the compliment!
In French, I found Ulrich sounded a tiny bit more like a girl. What did you think? I don't really have an opinion on the French version, except for the voice of Odd which I TOTALLY prefer in English, obviously.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Ulrich Stern. » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:37 pm

kiwi wrote:Hey Mewberries,
When I was in high school people used to make fun of my laugh, so thanks for the compliment!
In French, I found Ulrich sounded a tiny bit more like a girl. What did you think? I don't really have an opinion on the French version, except for the voice of Odd which I TOTALLY prefer in English, obviously.

Yes, English version all the way!

Gosh I'm running out of ideas for questions. Well... Out of all the Code Lyoko episodes, which one was your favorite? Which one did you have more fun doing?

Ulrich Stern. offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby kiwi » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:09 pm

Ulrich Stern. wrote:

Yes, English version all the way!

Gosh I'm running out of ideas for questions. Well... Out of all the Code Lyoko episodes, which one was your favorite? Which one did you have more fun doing?

that's a hard question, I think I like COLD WAR for the last scene, and Vertigo; but in terms of the work for the character. In terms of the writing I enjoyed the one where Yumi and Odd switch bodies... that was the cleverest idea of Season 2, in my opinion.
good night all! I'll be back tomorrow!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:44 am

XD I think he may have a bit...although I was much more distracted by Odd's voice in that regard. ^^; Mr. Geczy's performance as Odd is simply incomparable, indeed! :D

I can't imagine anyone would make fun of your laugh! It's incredibly contagious for me, through the characters you voice, whether it be Ulrich laughing, Hiroki, or that camera lady in "Cold War" (who has since forth become my most favorite "extra" in CL). ^_^ You're most welcome!

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Little J-Chan » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:50 pm

Hello Mrs. Weber-Scaff! I'm new to Lyoko Freak, and saw that the voice actors were on here. I wanted to say you do a great job as Ulrich, and I hope to talk to you more in the future!
Garage Kids Yumi-Chan!!!

Code Lyoko Gang: Odd-Chan, Ulrich-Kun, Yumi-Chan, Jeremie-Kun, and Aelita-Chan!!!
Little J-Chan offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:58 pm

I was just wondering, For Kiwi, how do you do the sniffing noises?

PreviousNext