Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:13 pm

Revelation

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Yay or Nay!

Yay! (10-8)
92%
So and So...(7-5)
8%

Total votes : 51

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:10 pm

Star warrior wrote:What was so good good in this episode besides the ending? SO shocking.... o_O

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier. The fights scenes were way better. More effort way put forth into fluid animation in Lyoko. Yes, the end was no big shock, but seeing pieces we've been theorizing about for months come together how we wanted them to is fulfilling.
Stonecreek offline

Postby Blueyedblonde » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:14 pm

Darkborn wrote:At least we get to see Odd with his hair almost down lol. Jeeze Yumi must have poped a few blood vessles when trying to rip open the gate. Anyone else see the veins on her neck?

Yea. I saw that, lol. Her friend was in danger, she would go to any limit. She would probably have more than a few pop if it was Ulrich. :D
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:18 pm

She pulled him out by his hair! OUCH!
Chivalry ftw!
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby *Star* Gazer » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:22 pm

I am still shaking right now and its only been 22 two minutes from the ending on "The key"
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: The classic "RIGHT BEHIND YOU". In my case, "INSIDE YOU."

Postby Carth » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:23 pm

Mmm. To introduce some funny...

Y'know, as I said on UMSD, it looks like Jeremie, now that the theory is confirmed, will have to ask Franz's permission to marry Aelita...that's a funny scene to imagine.

Jeremie: Uh...now that XANA's vanquished and you're out of Lyoko, I'd...like permission to marry your daughter.
Franz Hopper: Okay...but you must pay the price.
Jeremie: What price?
Hopper: Two bucks, cold cash, up front.
Jeremie: I only have $1.50.
Hopper: SOLD!
Carth offline

Postby *Star* Gazer » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:24 pm

Yea....how old are they?

Teenagers but I doubt they'd make a season of them grown up.
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Agent_Marquez » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:44 pm

Star warrior wrote:Yea....how old are they?

Old enough to get BKO access. But I think CL.com has some info on their age.
A Requiem To Our Homeland - Stand-by

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
- William Shakespeare
Agent_Marquez offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby *Star* Gazer » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:46 pm

I know their age I'm not that stupid. I scored "Genius" level on the CL quiz. Anyways, All I can say is Great Episode
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:54 pm

^^; Well this episode proved me right on one or two things and wrong on about 100 others. Polymorph Odd won out, but Aelita was indeed a real person at one point and Aelita was Franz Hopper's daugther. No sign of Taelia still though so I wasn't completely off there. *sweatdrop* I ultimately don't mind that I was right or wrong simply because this episode was amazing and opened up tons more theories on top of the existing ones.

The Ulrich vs Ulrich fight was by far the best scene in the whole episode. The animation was indeed fantastic and I'm wondering if the animators didn't choreograph it before hand, it was so well portrayed. It was a rather "Rurouni Kenshin"-worthy fight too, with the fast speeds and the jumps and combos. Ulrich's finishing move in particular looked like it was inspired right by the final technique of Kamiya Kasshin Ryu (Kaoru's style of fighting in RK). Catching the blade between his hands and using his opponent's momentum against him. Brilliant strategy on his part!

I had to give a laugh at his "Odd has never beaten me yet" speech, only to have XANA change into the Ulrich clone. His expression as he says, "Well...that changes things a bit," was inspired. I officially declare that Ulrich-centered battles rock hard! ^^

Now is it just me...but when the XANAOdd was chasing Ulrich through the Lyoko skies, Ulrich says a line to Jeremie and they follow with a quick shot of the XANAOdd closing in on him. Did the XANAOdd make a "Darth Vader breathing noise" or was I imagining it? ^^;

My compliments got to all the VAs for this episode, especially Ms. Weber-Scaff and Mr. Geczy for a great fight scene. Mr. Geczy...you made XANAOdd sound so shady, it was positively spooky. O.o A round of applause for all!
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Darkborn » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:57 pm

I think it was a growl, but lol that would be awesome. "Ulrich, I am your...ROOMMATE!!"
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:57 pm

You rock my world, Barbara! Can't wait for for more Ulrich goodness from you, babe! :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:00 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:I had to give a laugh at his "Odd has never beaten me yet" speech, only to have XANA change into the Ulrich clone. His expression as he says, "Well...that changes things a bit," was inspired. I officially declare that Ulrich-centered battles rock hard! ^^

Sword fights usually rock... Carter - Luka (ER Season 8, Secrets and Lies), all the lightsaber fights from Star Wars, Bond-Graves (from Die Another Day), Kill Bill Vol. 1 and the list goes on (sorry for not giving out better references)... I gues this fight wasn't the exception.

I can say I will like this episode, given how I have seen The Key.

MewB wrote:Now is it just me...but when the XANAOdd was chasing Ulrich through the Lyoko skies, Ulrich says a line to Jeremie and they follow with a quick shot of the XANAOdd closing in on him. Did the XANAOdd make a "Darth Vader breathing noise" or was I imagining it? ^^;

The excitement... I somehow know how you feel after watching a new CL episode. I even thought at one moment Jeremie said the word "f**k" on The Key... I don't know why, but he was totally sad when Aelita's memory got completely drained.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:42 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:The excitement... I somehow know how you feel after watching a new CL episode. I even thought at one moment Jeremie said the word "f**k" on The Key... I don't know why, but he was totally sad when Aelita's memory got completely drained.

I would have understood if he had. Poor Jeremie. He was so absolutely heart broken...it was a very emotional scene, indeed.

MewB wrote:Now is it just me...but when the XANAOdd was chasing Ulrich through the Lyoko skies, Ulrich says a line to Jeremie and they follow with a quick shot of the XANAOdd closing in on him. Did the XANAOdd make a "Darth Vader breathing noise" or was I imagining it? ^^;
Darkborn wrote:I think it was a growl, but lol that would be awesome. "Ulrich, I am your...ROOMMATE!!"

XD "Roommate!!"? ^^; At least neither one of the Ulrichs said, "You underestimate my abilities." Although, Ulrich came close and the XANAUlrich sure was giving him a look that said it. O.o
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gem » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:08 am

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:The excitement... I somehow know how you feel after watching a new CL episode. I even thought at one moment Jeremie said the word "f**k" on The Key... I don't know why, but he was totally sad when Aelita's memory got completely drained.

Yeah, there was a time during the Ulrich/Ulrich fight scene when I thought he said "Da**it". That would have also been understandable. That whole scene actually reminded me of the Season 4 finale of Teen Titans, when they had to fight their evil sides. The difference is, Ulrich actually won.
XANA: Is it in you?

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, then paste this in your signature.

Gem offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TB3 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:12 am

Hmm...and this was the most excited I've ever been while watching a CL ep - just watching it live was an incredible thrill (the only one's I've ever seen live) - knowing that although millions of people are seeing this as well as me, it's a first for all of us.

And I must say, the Ulrich/Ulrich fight rocked my socks - I'd have loved it though if evil Ulrich could have said something. Actually it would have been perfect if evil Ulrich had mocked him or mentioned his failings with Yumi - Ulrich would then be forced to literally and metaphorically confront his demons.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby animenologist » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:03 am

Part of me kinda wished all the defenders could of fought their doubles, that the polymorph was an actual monster creation and not a polymorph virtualized. Oh well, atleast they made the fight a good one. Would of been interesting to see how each of them would fight each other, though to tell you the truth, watching the polymorph fight as Odd, the real Odd could of taken him easily, he was so poor an imitation.

None of his acrobatics, his risky unpredictable maneuvers, and he fired with one arm extended while the other was at his side, instead of using his other arm to stabalize the firing arm. And we all know Odd on his Overboard would never lose to Ulrich's on his Overbike :D.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DeadViolet » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:51 am

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT MISSED IT!? :no:

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reesane » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:33 am

Nothing that I didn't alredy know.... :no:
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:43 am

Wait till these eps make it to DVD.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Chad Rains » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:14 am

lol. the tv.com boards seems to have a fairly large number of people that were actually shocked that Aelita was once human and was Franz Hopper's daughter. I mean, I thought we all knew this from the start? (or atleast from New Order on)
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Activated Tower » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:55 pm

Or Deja Vu, when he spoke to her. Someone we knew was real saying her name can't just be a coinicidence.
Activated Tower offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby TB3 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:56 pm

I had this theory the second I saw 'New Order' - and I think we all twigged here right, along with the idea of Aelita's mum not being around.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:59 pm

I just can't get over seeing Aelita's room.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Saphire-089 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:56 pm

This episode was awesome! :)
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Yumi52Ishiyama » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:29 pm

Haha. That was a totally awesome episode!

About, 'The Key", I literally started punching a pillow and pretending it was Sissi's face. Evil try and steal Ulrich...but, anyways, I cried so hard when Aelita's memory was drained. I thought she was dead. I'm very happy that all my theories were right!
Image Click the puppy to go to my CL forum!
Yumi52Ishiyama offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

PreviousNext