Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:09 am

S3 Episode 1: Droit Au Coeur (Straight To Heart)

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

When did you felt more excited watching this episode?

The day it aired on France.
19%
The day it aired on the United States of America.
54%
I will feel even more excited about it the day it airs on my country.
11%
I'm always excited for CL, no matter the language.
16%
This episode blows.
No votes

Total votes : 37

Postby LadyLucy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:01 pm

*skips around* la la la...Jeremie and Aelita...la la la...are gonna be together... :iloveu3: :blush: *_* :iloveu4: :lotsoflove: :peck: :kissing: <3
I am SOOOOO HAPPY!!! that they didn't take those two out...HUZZAH!!!! <3 <3 <3
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:18 pm

http://www.codelyoko.fr/images/galeries ... ur_431.jpg

I'm wondering what this is...I think it's...something. But it looks like Lyoko...sorta...

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:19 pm

I heard something about it being 'the heart of Lyoko' or something like that...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:23 pm

I thought Carthage was the heart of Lyoko.

But whatever it is and Aelita shooting....SOMETHING it's looks cool. (Ok COOL doesn't describe it...but something happier than Ecstatic)

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Movie-Man » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:24 pm

I knew there had to be something deep inside Lyoko but I'm curious, what would happened if the heart of Lyoko is destroyed?
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:25 pm

SPOILER WARNING

Note: I am well aware of the controversy that has been going on about spoilers, and whether or not one should read them. I've spoiler-splurged myself for this episode, so if you do not want to do the same...please do not read any further. However...I also spent the greater part of today surfing LyokoCode's forym for plot points and synopsises...and I would really rather not have all that translating and hard work go to waste.

So again, if you do not want to learn anything about season 3 and it's first episode "Droit au Coeur"...then again, THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS!!! DO NOT READ ANY MORE OF THIS IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO SEE THEM!!!

Okay...you've seen the screenshots (most likely)...now I'm supposing you all (at least those who are reading this) want to know what the heck's going on, eh? ^^ Here's what I've been able to uncover from the posts at LyokoCode's Forum What this will basically be will be a short synopsis of the episode, and then a look at major plot points and "new additions/changes".

Synopsis (SPOILER WARNING): From what I've been able to grasp, at the beginning of the episode, Jeremie shows the group his new scan for tracking XANA (who is now free of the computer, as you all know). I'm not precisely sure how the scan works, but it is a worldwide scan (as you can see by the screenshots) and can effectively track him.

One of the big conflicts in this plot is that Odd is no longer in the same class as Ulrich, Jeremie, and Aelita. I'm not sure if this is because he was "held back" or if it's because the classes have gotten to big (it might even be a "behavioral" thing), but the point is, Odd's not at all happy about this...and of course, he's not going to take it lying down. His plan of action? Blackmail Jim with a video of him dancing in an old Disco movie. XD (Yes, I know Blackmail's a serious matter...but...really...blackmailing someone with a movie of them dancing disco?)

Meanwhile, Yumi and Ulrich are having...issues again (I'm going to go into this later as this is the part I'm least clear on)...and Hiroki (as you guessed by the screenshots) is now at Kadic with them (as is Yumi still).

The big plot/attack of this episode is that XANA decides that he really still doesn't want Lyoko around (rather suspicious considering he shouldn't care anymore about it now that he's free of it), and decides to try and get rid of it. His plan of action, you ask? Destroy the Heart of Lyoko (this is partly where the episode's name ties in). The heart of Lyoko is located in, where else, Sector 5...in a previously un-charted and unexplored area of it. As soon as they find out XANA's plan (again, I'm not sure how exactly other than it must have something to do with the scan), Team Lyoko heads straight for Sector 5.

Long story short, they manage to find and protect Lyoko's Heart (why does this suddenly sound like Kingdom Hearts? *snicker*), which is being attacked by a group of Creepers. Aelita also reveals that she has a new attack power...PINK ENERGY BLASTS of DOOM!!! :*D However, the kids are all subsequently devirtualized in the process of fighting...INCLUDING AELITA!!! *giga gasp* O.O

However, as most of us already theorized, because she's now fully human, and not tied to Lyoko, she can devirtualize like the others. Unfortunately, Jeremie must not share our knowledge of how the scanners work (or at least not our skills at deducting plot twists), and Aelita getting devirtualized has him severely worried...at least until they check the scanners. Jeremie is relieved to see Aelita safe and sound, and Aelita blushes at his concern.

And that's mostly the episode...now, onto Plot Points and things I'm not entirely sure of at the moment. ^^;

Alert: More Spoilers ahead and possibly incorrect theories...so don't kill me. XD

Plot Point 1 - Odd's Predicament and subsequent Blackmail of Jim: I am not precisely sure whether or not this gets resolved in the episode...I would guess that it does (regarding the scene between Jim and Odd halfway through)...but in which direction I'm not sure. We'll simply have to wait for the episode itself (or a fuller plot synopsis at LyokoCode), to figure it out.

Plot Point 2 - The New XANA Scan: Again, I really don't know how it works, but it is a big change for season 3 (they can still track XANA *woot*), and Lyoko still plays a part in the action of the episodes.

Plot Point 3 - Aelita's New Power: Aelita is given a weapon/power (finally!), with which to defend herself from monsters with. It's a rather cute energy ray that comes in the form of cute pink spheres of energy that emanate from her hand. Appropriate, functional, long overdue...and...it's PINK!!! XD

Plot Point 4 - Romance: I'm going to break this down into the three main couples involved; Jeremie/Aelita, Sissi/Odd, and lastly Yumi/Ulrich.

Jeremie/Aelita: It is clear that the rumors about there being absolutely no "romance" in season 3 are completely false, just by looking at this couple. The scene between Jeremie and Aelita at the end of this episode is proof enough. So, they're still golden. ^^

Sissi/Odd: This is indeed the episode that the infamous "O/S near-kiss" screenshot (and scene) comes from...However (and please don't kill me, O/S fans), it does not appear that it was...what alot of people thought it was. I believe Sissi was portraying some sort of mocking "kissy goo goo" act because Odd was now stuck a year below them (and therefore a "baby"). I have not found much evidence of this theory, and I admit that this is all guesswork, but there was not a whole bunch (not even really any) of "Sissi et Odd 4ever!!!" on the LyokoCode forums...so I'm kind of sad to say that there is likely no Odd/Sissi-ness...at least not in this episode. :no:

Ulrich/Yumi: Okay...here's where matters get really tricky (and mildly ugly). Word on the LyokoCode forums is that...Yumi and Ulrich are again having issues. This is brought about by three factors and they are: William, Sissi, and Hiroki. Sissi still is pursuing Ulrich (I believe) and William is doing much the same with Yumi. Hiroki is causing problems because he insists on teasing Yumi about Ulrich being her boyfriend (though honestly, they're so obvious I don't see how he could possibly resist at his age). At any rate, his teasing in particular (to which Yumi gets irritated about), in addition to the Sissi and William issues, prompts Ulrich to drag Yumi out of the cafeteria and outside where they can get some peace and quiet, and privacy...as Ulrich apparently has something to tell her.

Now here's where the details get fuzzy...I am not sure exactly what is said between them (although I am pretty sure Ulrich does not confess). What I believe happens is that Ulrich asks Yumi what he is to her (likely prompted by whatever was said by her to Hiroki), and Yumi responds with, "Just a friend". O.o

Needless to say, this is a major "ouch", and Ulrich (as you can tell by his shocked expression in one of the screenshots at the end of this scene) is shocked and hurt by it (I believe this is where the other part of the "Right to the Heart" title comes in), which he continues to be to the end of the episode, note the screenshot towards the end with him and Odd).

Now...before you all start posting "I'M GOING TO KILL YUMI/MOONSCOOP/etc...please, "consider the following" (Omigosh, a Bill Nye reference...lol... ).

There is much speculation as to why Yumi answered the way she did:
1) It was a "defense" answer. Some are thinking that Yumi hasn't quite come to terms with her and Ulrich's relationship nor with her own feelings. Being put on the spot by Ulrich (in whatever way he did), caught her off guard, and she blurted out whatever first came to mind...or what she felt was a safe answer.
2) Some are wondering if it isn't a "family" issue...where Yumi's parents are not keen on her dating anytime soon (and Hiroki certainly doesn't help there) for whatever reason. There is not a whole bunch of previous proof to this (as her parents seem to like Ulrich quite a bit)...but it is a possible theory.
3) This one is my personal favorite, and the one that I'd bet would be the case, as it sounds most like Yumi (character-wise). This is also the more popular theory. Yumi told Ulrich that he was "just a friend" in order to keep their relationship safe...both between them, and in the face of "new dangers". XANA's free of Lyoko, and he obviously knows all about their close relationship. Becoming a couple now would make them wonderful targets, and also make their relationship complicated (you can't really date if there's a possible chance of attack at any given moment that could interrupt your night out). Yumi's very "responsibility and duty" oriented. It would make sense that she'd rather sacrifice her own happiness in order for Ulrich to be safer, and in order to keep them both focused on the looming battle at hand (since XANA can only get worse really).

Um...so yes...those are my spoilers...and I seriously can't wait for this episode (and the ones that follow it) to air. :D Especially, so I can figure out what's going on in some of the scenes...honestly, spoilers can only give you so much of the picture. ^.^

END OF SPOILER It is now safe to read the rest of this post. X)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:25 pm

Death....

Um...maybe something less morbid....

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:27 pm

YAY!!! I can't wait for season 3...fluff, Aelita can fight, and more FUN!! When does it start again?!

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:29 pm

LucyMcGonagle wrote:YAY!!! I can't wait for season 3...fluff, Aelita can fight, and more FUN!! When does it start again?!

The Jury's still out on that one. TB3 figures it will be some time later in September or October though. ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Movie-Man » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:31 pm

Thanks Mewberries for explaining that to me, now I know what was going on in those screenshots but I already did know that Odd was blackmailing Jim and I think Odd decided to let Jim keep the disc, nice kid by the way also it's impressive to see Aelita with a weapon/power; she has just become even more (excuse my language) bad *ss.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:33 pm

Movie-Man wrote:Thanks Mewberries for explaining that to me, now I know what was going on in those screenshots but I already did know that Odd was blackmailing Jim and I think Odd decided to let Jim keep the disc, nice kid by the way also it's impressive to see Aelita with a weapon/power; she has just become even more (excuse my language) bad *ss.

Heh, you're most welcome! :D Indeed, I agree about Aelita's new power! ^.^

Erm...no swearing on the open forum please though. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LadyLucy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:34 pm

Movie-Man wrote:Thanks Mewberries for explaining that to me, now I know what was going on in those screenshots but I already did know that Odd was blackmailing Jim and I think Odd decided to let Jim keep the disc, nice kid by the way also it's impressive to see Aelita with a weapon/power; she has just become even more (excuse my language) bad *ss.

RIGHT ON!!!! :D :D :headbang: Never mess with the Princess in Pink...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jeremified » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:35 pm

Is it true that Droit au Coeur or whatever means "Right to the Heart"?

Edit Nevermind, read Mewberries spoiler post... :D WEWT, IT IS A POWER!!!
Last edited by Jeremified on Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:36 pm

LucyMcGonagle wrote:

RIGHT ON!!!! :D :D :headbang: Never mess with the Princess in Pink...

^.^ Oh, indeed!!! XD Beware the Pink Blasts of Doomy Doom!!! :*D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Movie-Man » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:36 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:

Sorry, I just couldn't help it; her new power is just so cool; MoonScoop is really getting good; if they keep this up; they might go to Hollywood.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby LadyLucy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:37 pm

I don't know french...but if it was that, it'd make sence. Actually, I like that as a title...it hints bits of romance happening in the ep.... :lotsoflove:

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:39 pm

Jerfied wrote:Is it true that Droit au Coeur or whatever means "Right to the Heart"?

That is the most likely translation, yes. "Droit" does mean "Right" in French, while "Coeur" does indeed, mean "Heart". "Au" can translate to either, "To The" or "Of The" but the former translation makes much more sense.

"Right To The Heart" ties in better with the episode's overall plot too (especially when one considers both the main plot, and one of the subplots). ;)

Movie-Man wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:

Sorry, I just couldn't help it; her new power is just so cool; MoonScoop is really getting good; if they keep this up; they might go to Hollywood.

That's alright. ^_^ I feel much the same way, indeed! :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:42 pm

Or...somebody mentioned that this
was the heart of Lyoko.

Anybody catching on?

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:47 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:^.^ Oh, indeed!!! XD Beware the Pink Blasts of Doomy Doom!!! :*D

Doomy doom...hehehe...but I was serious...she can kick butt now!!! Pink is her aura color, it doesn't mean she's less strong than the others or anything...she's probably stronger, actually, being contected with Lyoko and all...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:50 pm

LucyMcGonagle wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:^.^ Oh, indeed!!! XD Beware the Pink Blasts of Doomy Doom!!! :*D

Doomy doom...hehehe...but I was serious...she can kick butt now!!! Pink is her aura color, it doesn't mean she's less strong than the others or anything...she's probably stronger, actually, being contected with Lyoko and all...

Oh, I agree! :) I was being serious too...in a giddy sort of way, I admit. ^^

But, really, I'm psyched about her finally having a weapon/power! She definitely has long been in need of one! ^.^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jeremified » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:51 pm

OddxSissy wrote:Or...somebody mentioned that this
was the heart of Lyoko.

Anybody catching on?

Makes sense, seeing that it is a hologram of Lyoko.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:52 pm

The heart of Lyoko...
*stares of into distance*
Such a strange idea...a world having a heart...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:53 pm

Aww, no!! Odd got held back! D: Now I feel really bad for him xD; But proud for blackmailing Jim with DISCO!!! Haha, sorry, Discojim is still the best thing I've ever seen in my life...

And thankyou so much Mew for the synopsis!! :D It was very interesting and informative, too.

And Yumi about being very responsible and duty-oriented, this is is very believable, assuming she at this point has spent most of her life in Japan. The answer she gave to him "Just a friend" should also be acceptable, considering most teenagers her age aren't dating there, because they're concentrating on their duties at home and at school. So, it is to be expected :P

YAY for Aelita for not being a damsel in distress!! Finally, and my mom will be VERY pleased when she finds this out xD;;

Anyway, can't wait for the premiere here in the US!!!
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:54 pm

LucyMcGonagle wrote:The heart of Lyoko...
*stares of into distance*
Such a strange idea...a world having a heart...

XD And Keys!!! *giggles*

I swear...a Kingdom Hearts crossover is right around the corner (which would be so awesome!). :D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LadyLucy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:54 pm

When ever it happens... :discontent:

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext