Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:21 am

Voice Acting (Fan Dub)

For the wonderful fan artists of Code Lyoko.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Voice Acting (Fan Dub)

Postby i_am_xana » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:51 pm

Hey Im Looking for Voice actors to do a dub of Garage Kids please reply!Image[/b] :hello:
i_am_xana offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Evil Jeremy » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:24 pm

i am also looking for voice actors.
Evil Jeremy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:03 pm

Are either of these projects likely to actually happen?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:11 pm

Yeah, unless they aren't, please lock this.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Evil Jeremy » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:31 pm

my project is already done, i just need voices, or it would be better with them.
Evil Jeremy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:45 pm

PM me with details. Maybe we can figure something out.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:24 am

Moving to Fanart, as this is a fan project. ^^ Hope everyone's alright with that. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby i_am_xana » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:51 pm

Mine is ready i just need voice actors for the project.
i_am_xana offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Jake_Brake » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:14 pm

What language :cussout2: did you have in mind? It's already been done in English:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... pr=goog-sl
"How can anyone govern a nation that has 246 different kinds of cheese?"----Gen. Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970)
Jake_Brake offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby i_am_xana » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:05 pm

I know its already been done but they all sound gay[/quote]
i_am_xana offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Astro-Xana » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:23 pm

Why not just ask the actual VAs themselves to voice act for your project? Their very attendance here at Lyoko Freak isn't in vain and isn't for nothing you know! They might actually be happy to help you out!

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:27 pm

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:Why not just ask the actual VAs themselves to voice act for your project? They're not here for nothing you know!

Um, AX...the VAs are busy enough as it is with the voice work they have to do for CL as well as for the other shows they are involved in and are getting paid for. They're really not here to help fan projects either, unless of course they choose to contact the creator in question, and offer too.

Kindly do not PM or ask the VAs if they will do a voice in your fan projects. Thank you. ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:33 pm

I have yet to see a CL-related audio project that isn't done by G-Force becomes true. The only CL-related audio projects taht I've heard of is the ones done by him. Unless I'm mistaken...

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:Why not just ask the actual VAs themselves to voice act for your project? Their very attendance here at Lyoko Freak isn't in vain and isn't for nothing you know! They might actually be happy to help you out!

Lol.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby G-Force » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:36 am

As the producer of this dub, you should take steps to show your potential actors that you're serious about your project's completion. Reading your first post that says you need voices, several questions came to me.

Who do you need voices for?
How many actors will you need?
What format of audio do you want your auditions to be sent/
How would I audition fo this piece.
What voice would I use for the character? Do you want a direct impression of the original voice, or a different take?
Where would I send you my lines if I am interested?

Right now, just saying that you're doing a dub of the pilot episode is not enough. You really have to go the extra mile if you want to get people's attention toward this. You can accomplish this by either showing them example clips that required you to dub something in the past or something along those means.

I personally come from a forum where we do nothing but hold auditions for projects and you can learn a thing or two from those user's examples.

http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/pm/displayaudition.php?id=437

Look at how this audition is set up. You have pictures of the characters, a bit of a personality description toward them and even some guidelines on how the producer wants them portrayed. Even though we all know the characters of CL, we still do not know what you want from us. Ok you want someone to play Odd, that's cool but what else. Do you want to him to sound like the original, or the main series? Do you want him to sound completely different? Also keep in mind that some of the male characters are voiced by women. Do you want females to audition for male roles? You need to be specific, tell people what you want and then you'll actually have some guidelines for yourself.

Another thing useful about that threa isthe use of audition lines. Audition lines are important as they allow people to get into character a whole lot easier and make judging that much easier. Let's say we have two actors, Actor A and Actor B both who wish to audition for Ulrich but have no audition lines to go off of. Actor A decides to just say random CL quotes while Actor B randomly talks in the voice he would use to portray Ulrich. Who are you going to pick? It's really hard to judge the voice's quality if they reading from two different pieces and conveying different emotions from each other.

Of course such a layout might look confusing since that message board is different from our own. Here's an old thread I made on LF when I had to hold auditions for one of my projects.

http://www.lyokofreak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1415&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I hope for the best in your piece and that we get to see the completed project sometime in the near future
G-Force offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:33 pm

Lol well I can't see a point of this tpoic plus your break the copyrights on this . :wag:

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Sun May 27, 2007 8:43 pm

I'LL BE GLAD TO DO VOICING!! :music:
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: I am in my own little world in my head during class during school fighting for my and everyones life

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun May 27, 2007 10:11 pm

Lyoko Soldier wrote:Lol well I can't see a point of this tpoic plus your break the copyrights on this . :wag:

Iie, If it's done as a fanproject with disclaimers WHICH I'M CERTAIN HE'LL HAVE, it's acually copywritten with Some rights reserved.

But, yeah, why don't you give us a sample?

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline