Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:12 pm

Anti-hero club?

For the wonderful fan artists of Code Lyoko.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Anti-hero club: Cool or Crap?

Cool!
42%
Crap!
8%
I would need to know more specifics to decide acurately.
50%

Total votes : 12

Anti-hero club?

Postby Sithking Zero » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:08 am

Dear Lyoko Freakers,

I'm thinking about starting a Deviantart Club dedicated solely to the worship and adoration of anti-heroes.

In case you were wondering, an anti-hero is a person in show or book or comic or game (or even real life) who just basically does whatever he or she wants.

This might have bad conotations, but most anti-heroes are not truly bad. They are also not truly good either. Let me give you an example. (from megaman. What a Surprise!) In the Megaman NT Warrior Manga, Bass is a bad@$$. Ever since he appeared in volume three, he basically kills and proclaims that it will be he who destroys humanity. However, he also helped the heroes several times by defeating the extremely powerful Gospel Beast, and the evil Nebula Grey.

Another example comes from the second season of Digimon. There was a super-powerful character called BlackWarGreymon. He was created with evil purposes in mind. He nearly destroyed the digital world. However, with his dying breath, he sealed the portal between the real and digital world, in hopes that this would prevent the enemy from destroying all realities.

As to the club... entry would be free, and there'd be a contest every few months.

Would anyone be interested in joining such a club?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:58 am

One cool anti-hero: Stone Cold Steve Austin!!
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby kizzi297 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:03 pm

sounds cool,gotta love the evil(yet not) peeps....my fave anti-hero has to be venom...end well he's not much of a goodie ^^,but uber awsome anyways!!
-k
learned how to spell my name in heirogliphs(sp?)
kizzi297 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Re: Anti-hero club?

Postby . » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:56 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:Dear Lyoko Freakers,

I'm thinking about starting a Deviantart Club dedicated solely to the worship and adoration of anti-heroes.

In case you were wondering, an anti-hero is a person in show or book or comic or game (or even real life) who just basically does whatever he or she wants.

This might have bad conotations, but most anti-heroes are not truly bad. They are also not truly good either. Let me give you an example. (from megaman. What a Surprise!) In the Megaman NT Warrior Manga, Bass is a bad@$$. Ever since he appeared in volume three, he basically kills and proclaims that it will be he who destroys humanity. However, he also helped the heroes several times by defeating the extremely powerful Gospel Beast, and the evil Nebula Grey.

Another example comes from the second season of Digimon. There was a super-powerful character called BlackWarGreymon. He was created with evil purposes in mind. He nearly destroyed the digital world. However, with his dying breath, he sealed the portal between the real and digital world, in hopes that this would prevent the enemy from destroying all realities.

As to the club... entry would be free, and there'd be a contest every few months.

Would anyone be interested in joining such a club?

Actually Blackwargreymon was really more of a Tragic Hero than an Anti-Hero.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ThePirateQueen » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:56 pm

Red X from Teen Titans would be an Anti-hero, correct?

Sounds cool!
The Pirate Queen, Savvy?
Will: You want me to find this.
Jack: No. You want you to find this. Because the finding of this, finds you incapacitorially finding and/or locating in your discovering the detecting of a way to save your dolly belle ol' what's her face. Savvy?
ThePirateQueen offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby ambitiouslove » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:58 pm

Fantastic idea!
I would totally join something like this :D
ambitiouslove offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Tom Bone » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:38 am

I'd definately take a look at it ( Shadow the Hedgehog counts as an antihero, right? :*D ).
Image BY JERFIED
My DA
~Spambot Hunter Society~
Tom Bone offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Ruling my imaginary world with a skeleton and a 6-year-old by my side.

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:54 pm

Yes. He does.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tom Bone » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:02 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:Yes. He does.

Yay!! Just alert me when it's made.
Image BY JERFIED
My DA
~Spambot Hunter Society~
Tom Bone offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Ruling my imaginary world with a skeleton and a 6-year-old by my side.