Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:13 am

LF FanFic - READ THREAD PLZ!!

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

LF FanFic - READ THREAD PLZ!!

Postby Alex » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:40 am

Hey all, I've had something of a revelation: why not keep the history of our fine system in a form which everyone can access, enjoy, and adore? Yes, I'm referring to a Lyoko Freak fanfiction, and I would like help writing it, as I wasn't here for the entire history of the site. I'm taking the section for OBoy's Last Stand (as I'm calling it for now), as I have a personal interest in it, but everything else y'all can think of is fair game. Either post here or PM/e-mail/IM me to share your ideas and contributions.
I am the one known as NeoDude in a past life.
---
When you lose your imagination, you lose a part of yourself you can never get back. Never give up, and never accept the mundane. And never stop yourself from dreaming...
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Skysong » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:29 pm

I'm not sure I could contribute much to that... but I would be interesting in reading it... maybe spell-checking or something?

What exactly *is* OBoy's last stand? Or where, rather?
Mistress of madness and all that jazz. FFN account DA account
Panel from Wild Child 'cause the nosekiss was getting too weird.
Skysong offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Star Way » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:46 pm

This idea wouldn't happen to have been based off of Rodri's fanfic, would it? :3

Anyway, I'd love to see what you come up with. ^^
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby hipster gunfight » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:07 pm

yeah that sounds like a great idea maybe i'll try my hand in writing some fan-fic
"The following image changes every 30 seconds"
hipster gunfight offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Alex » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:24 pm

Star Way wrote:This idea wouldn't happen to have been based off of Rodri's fanfic, would it? :3

Rodri's... fanfic...? What, now?
---
When you lose your imagination, you lose a part of yourself you can never get back. Never give up, and never accept the mundane. And never stop yourself from dreaming...
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Star Way » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:35 pm

NeoDude0 wrote:
Star Way wrote:This idea wouldn't happen to have been based off of Rodri's fanfic, would it? :3

Rodri's... fanfic...? What, now?

He updates a pretty darn funny fic called A Requiem to Our Homeland... It's rather... mature, though... :P
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Alex » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:05 pm

Are Marquez and Rodri the same person? Or did you mean to say Marquez?

And no, it's not the same, I'm not sending everyone to South America to get drunk and shot.
---
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:07 am

NeoDude0 wrote:Are Marquez and Rodri the same person? Or did you mean to say Marquez?

And no, it's not the same, I'm not sending everyone to South America to get drunk and shot.

Agent Marquez is the author of "Requiem". I think the link to it is in this thread, I believe.

However, Rodri did write a rather amusing fanfic centering around Nicholas Poliakoff that featured LF members (under various aliases) in it. That one can be found here.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:03 am

Fair enough; this isn't so much of a fanfic as a novelization. Basically, take what happened, dramatize it, expand, and write. I'm thinking this will work kinda like DBZ's sagas; once one story is told, another can begin from where it left off.

"OBoy's Last Stand" is from "Tonight it dies!" to "Expiration Date" and beyond.
---
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:41 am

NeoDude0 wrote:Fair enough; this isn't so much of a fanfic as a novelization. Basically, take what happened, dramatize it, expand, and write. I'm thinking this will work kinda like DBZ's sagas; once one story is told, another can begin from where it left off.

"OBoy's Last Stand" is from "Tonight it dies!" to "Expiration Date" and beyond.

I think I see what you mean. So, another person could then write another story based on say, the introduction of the Grammar/Spelling rules, and cover all the arguements for and against it with dramatic narration? Or are you writing them as if they were historical events? This is a rather interesting project either way. It'll take some serious dedication and research, to be sure. ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:04 am

We're writing the things as stories - a dramatic retelling of what happened.

I'll work on the OBoy-related one and, when I have some done, I'll put it up.
---
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Chad Rains » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:11 am

hehe. I could see it now. TB3's sudden disappearance being retold ala episode 19: "Frontier" :D

in any case, it sounds interesting. Ought to be fun to read. :)
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:54 am

NeoDude0 wrote:Are Marquez and Rodri the same person? Or did you mean to say Marquez?

No, we're not. I'm Peruvian, and I think that Marquez is Mexican.

And Mexico isn't located at South America. It's at North America (which takes 3 countries: Canada, USA and Mexico). Check out a map.

NeoDude0 wrote:We're writing the things as stories - a dramatic retelling of what happened.

It's a long term project, dude... and it's always subject to changes. You might need help from the other members.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby G-Force » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:33 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
NeoDude0 wrote:We're writing the things as stories - a dramatic retelling of what happened.

It's a long term project, dude... and it's always subject to changes. You might need help from the other members.

Believe the man Neo, retelling stuff takes a lot of work...I should know. :D
G-Force offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:06 pm

Vchat20 wrote:hehe. I could see it now. TB3's sudden disappearance being retold ala episode 19: "Frontier" :D

BlipBlipBlipBlip...
ERYNN: OMFG what just happened!
TB3: Erynn...have, to find, profile!
VCHAT: I can fix this - all I need is a computer, a phpbb forum and a Gameboy!

;)

I can't wait to see what becomes of this - the idea of 'OBoy's Last Stand' sounds great - and how about 'The Sad Story of Dylan'?

Getting excited here, and I offer my services if you need them.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:59 pm

TB3 wrote:
Vchat20 wrote:hehe. I could see it now. TB3's sudden disappearance being retold ala episode 19: "Frontier" :D

BlipBlipBlipBlip...
ERYNN: OMFG what just happened!
TB3: Erynn...have, to find, profile!
VCHAT: I can fix this - all I need is a computer, a phpbb forum and a Gameboy!

ROFL!!! *pictures TB3 and StarWay re-enacting the "touch" scene at the end of Frontier* XD I know you're both going to kill me for even thinking such a thing...and you're entirely justified to... *cowers* ^^;

That's an even more intriguing idea though. Rewriting events at LF in the style of CL episodes...it could be really funny! ^^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby G-Force » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:41 pm

A more vicious example...

(From Mr. Puck)

Lini grabbed the hanging rope for all she was worth and swung herself to the battlefield below. Her friends were in danger by a new threat, the evil had found a new incaration and she stood on Earth's last line of defense to stop it.

"Wow, so this is Lyoko Freak!" G-Force said excitedly as he looked over the fourm that he was a brand new member of. This joyous moment was quickly cut short by a blow to the back of the head delievered by a rather heavy wrench.

"Uhh...Lini...why the heck did you give G a concusion like that?" Vili asked with a raised eybrow.

"Wasn't he gonna attack you and the other members with purple bolts of lightning?" Lini said as her answer still riding the emotional high she was on.

"Not really...he just dropped by to say hi. He was kinda of an ex-tomer like you ya know?"

"Oh my," Lini said as she dropped her weapon out of shock.

"Don't worry, it's G. He's used to this sort of treatment. Last time I heard Yumi kicked him through the roof of his own house."
G-Force offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:59 pm

TB3 wrote:I can't wait to see what becomes of this - the idea of 'OBoy's Last Stand' sounds great - and how about 'The Sad Story of Dylan'?

Heh... for that, we might need Dylan's version of the story, the way he sees it.

G-Force, it's Linii or Linii-chan. Two "i", not one.

Mewberries151 wrote:That's an even more intriguing idea though. Rewriting events at LF in the style of CL episodes...it could be really funny!

Let's see... those with access to BKO, read page 10 and 11 from Freestyle Bulls**t!! (the first version)... a la Routine...

[Erynn is about to fall to a digital void when a hand saves her]
Erynn: x1...
[They're about to kiss, but the RTTP stopped them. Then the same scene...]
Erynn: x1...
Santa Claus: Ho-ho-ho, it's me, Santa Claus!!
Erynn: Santa!! [gets excited and makes out with him]
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:26 pm

I've been wanting this idea for so long! xDD *hugs NeoDude for making a thread about it*

Ever since Marquez wrote A Requiem to Our Homeland I've wanted to see more fics about the LF members. We are a pretty amusing bunch; and we have several "canon couples" and a lot of potential for some "non-canon" couples as well.. xD

Nice fanfic, GF. Though it was kinda random, lol. And my name is, as Rodri said, "Linii," with two "i's."
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:51 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:ROFL!!! *pictures TB3 and StarWay re-enacting the "touch" scene at the end of Frontier* XD I know you're both going to kill me for even thinking such a thing...and you're entirely justified to... *cowers* ^^;

DIEEEE! (breathes fire) ;)

Ah don't worry about it, though for the record I like Erynn, but not to an OBoy level or even BKO level (you know what I mean!), just as a friend.

Hmm...I'm just trying to think of other scenes we can 're-enact'...

Erynn: Now n00b, you say this is the person who attacked you?
(holds up sheet with 'Little Vili' scribbled on it)
Erynn: And that he's an expert of the moderator arts?

So lame, but with all the bannings, weirdness, members, pairings and general happenings around here there's more than enough to fuel a story like this...

BRAIN-FLASH!

How about rewriting the 'June 6th 1994' sequences from 'The Key' as the genesis of LF?

ERYNN: TVTome was originally meant to be a free-ruled, democratically styled forum where one could happily exchange and communicate (break) so I went rogue, joined phpbb, and last of all built Lyokofreak, to compete with TV.com (break) the TV.com moderators are watching me! Their members want to get rid of me! (break) The VA threads and BKO are ready! In a few hours, I expect a flood of ex-tomers to join. Like me - Rodri X1 and Doggieal will hold the keys to Lyokofreak. Here, we are the ultimate masters, and will rule these boards, forever...

Okay, that needs major work, but how is it as an idea?
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:05 pm

TB3 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:ROFL!!! *pictures TB3 and StarWay re-enacting the "touch" scene at the end of Frontier* XD I know you're both going to kill me for even thinking such a thing...and you're entirely justified to... *cowers* ^^;

DIEEEE! (breathes fire) ;)

Ah don't worry about it, though for the record I like Erynn, but not to an OBoy level or even BKO level (you know what I mean!), just as a friend.

XD Well, can't say I didn't deserve that. ^^; Although I certainly didn't mean it to that degree, of course... O_o

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:25 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:XD Well, can't say I didn't deserve that. ^^; Although I certainly didn't mean it to that degree, of course... O_o

(laughs) don't sweat it, I know you didn't mean it that way.

:thumbs up:
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:50 pm

TB3 wrote:How about rewriting the 'June 6th 1994' sequences from 'The Key' as the genesis of LF?

ERYNN: TVTome was originally meant to be a free-ruled, democratically styled forum where one could happily exchange and communicate (break) so I went rogue, joined phpbb, and last of all built Lyokofreak, to compete with TV.com (break) the TV.com moderators are watching me! Their members want to get rid of me! (break) The VA threads and BKO are ready! In a few hours, I expect a flood of ex-tomers to join. Like me - Rodri X1 and Doggieal will hold the keys to Lyokofreak. Here, we are the ultimate masters, and will rule these boards, forever...

Okay, that needs major work, but how is it as an idea?

I wasn't thinking along the lines of CL fanfic, but with that idea... that actually sounds really good.
---
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Star Way » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:37 am

Yeah, sorry about that guys. I was talking to Rodri at the time and his name was in my head for some reason. >_O

Sorry, Agent_Marquez. I really shouldn't be ranting about art theives over in the other forum when I myself am crediting the wrong person for fine literature like Requiem. ^__^;

Aaaaanyway. You get the idea. (This, as my friend Gabby would say, was a complete and utter blonde moment on my part.)

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Agent_Marquez » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:25 am

Star Way wrote:Sorry, Agent_Marquez. I really shouldn't be ranting about art theives over in the other forum when I myself am crediting the wrong person for fine literature like Requiem. ^__^;

Apology accepted, Star Way. But there has to be something done with those thieves. They shouldn't be loose on the Internet snatching any kind of work.

Neo, want help? I have no objections if you want to do it clean.
A Requiem To Our Homeland - Stand-by

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
- William Shakespeare
Agent_Marquez offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Next