Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 11:53 am

Let's Talk Tech II - Over a year of Tech! :)

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Where to go from here?

Wait for S3
23%
Consolidate our ideas
47%
Push for Moonscoop!
30%

Total votes : 47

Postby Lani » Fri May 05, 2006 8:41 pm

TB3 wrote:
Lani wrote:
TB3 wrote:A: RTTP's only affect those who have become involved in an attack, those who have interacted with the program and thus been 'tagged' by the computer. Therefore if you died naturally without interacting with the program then after the RTTP you'd be restored back to your previous health, and then presumably die anyway.

But... why? Why are the people who died in a XANA attack 'tagged" and not brought back to life? Couldn't they be like not tagged and brought back to life after the RTTP? 'Cause it'd be kinda strange just sitting in math class one day then the girl that sits next to you just like... drops dead. o__O;

I dunno... maybe I'm thinking too hard? >>; I just don't get why...

Hehe - well when an RTTP is triggered, memories are returned to the kids. Now let's assume that the same occurs to all tagged people - i.e. the computer monitors their brain patterns and through the RTTP adds new data to their minds in the past.

Now the computer supresses the 'new' memories of most tagged people, allowing free access to those memories only to the team. However, if you die in the future, when an RTTP occurs your mind will be reconstructed in it's dead state in the past.

Hope this helps explain things.

:D Yes it does~ Thankies!!
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jeremified » Fri May 05, 2006 8:52 pm

TB3 wrote:
Jeremified wrote:Okay, I have, actually, two things to talk about.

1) When XANA is attacking the school, Jeremie warns the team that they can't let any deaths occur because the RTTP won't return their lives. There are two sub-discussions in this: 1) What about natural deaths outside of XANA's attack? If it's true that 2 people die per second... that's a lot of lives lost in one day! Also, what happens to the people who died before the RTTP: do they just drop dead at the moment the RTTP returns to, or do they just spontaneously vanish into thin air?

2) I read the part about the air particles in the scanners. It makes sense why Ulrich, Yumi, Odd, and Jeremie's hair would blow upward, but why does Aelita's hair blow to the side? Is it something to do with Aelita's fragment, or was it something else?

Aelita's hair is debateable - it might just be artistic license, maybe it's because she tips her head back while the others stay still, thus shifting the hair's position in the magnetic field.

That's possible... never thought of it that way.

As for the deaths, right now it's just conjecture but it seems likely that:

A: RTTP's only affect those who have become involved in an attack, those who have interacted with the program and thus been 'tagged' by the computer. Therefore if you died naturally without interacting with the program then after the RTTP you'd be restored back to your previous health, and then presumably die anyway.

B: It seems likely that the person would just drop dead rather than vanish, based on our current theories that is.[/quote]
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mooshie » Fri May 05, 2006 9:47 pm

well, in "zero-gravity zone" a bunch of people let go of the bleachers and presumably died and no one died in the past, so I'm going to stick with the 'tagging theory'
A lot of member have sigs that say"I'm a boy", or "I'm a girl", I refuse to join this trend.

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what's right" --Isaac Asimov

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD..
only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Cassius335 » Sat May 06, 2006 5:31 am

But that was during a XANA attack, so shouldn't they have been tagged? I'm betting the didn't die, but got REALLY high up.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sat May 06, 2006 8:49 am

Cassius335 wrote:But that was during a XANA attack, so shouldn't they have been tagged? I'm betting the didn't die, but got REALLY high up.

Most likely - people seemed to be 'falling' at a regular rate, where acceleration is 9.8 meters per second squared. This happened over a space of two minutes and seventeen seconds. Also the maximum speed achievable on a human body due to air resistance (terminal velocity) is roughly 60m/s (200kph) so...

(several minutes of scribbling)

Okay so in freefall terminal velocity is reached in 6 seconds and then travelling in that speed for the remaining time...

(more scribbling)

Okay, so the first people who 'fell' would have reached approximately an altitude of 8 kilometers or 5 miles - it's likely that at this point they would have passed out from the cold, velocity and thinness of air but they would still be alive and would have brain activity for several more minutes, so yes they would be fine after the RTTP.

What I find hilarious was that Sissi's baton 'fell' fast enough to achieve escape velocity and break out of the Earth's gravity well into space.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YDV » Sat May 06, 2006 12:20 pm

Lani wrote:'Cause it'd be kinda strange just sitting in math class one day then the girl that sits next to you just like... drops dead. o__O;

xDD I have absolutely no idea why, but the thought of that just made me crack up. Like, I imagined it being like normal Mrs. Hertz's class and Emilie just randomly falls on her face. And everyones like O.O

*applauds* Bravo, TB3! I definitely wouldn't have the patience to figure the mathematics out like that...

TB3 wrote:B: It seems likely that the person would just drop dead rather than vanish, based on our current theories that is.

...I guess I wasn't thinking of that when I was writing Winterfall... because it seems to me that that just refutes my entire theory of what happened during XANA's first attack (a girl got killed, and they had to explain by saying that she fell into the river or something)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sun May 07, 2006 6:23 am

TB3 wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:But that was during a XANA attack, so shouldn't they have been tagged? I'm betting the didn't die, but got REALLY high up.

Most likely - people seemed to be 'falling' at a regular rate, where acceleration is 9.8 meters per second squared. This happened over a space of two minutes and seventeen seconds. Also the maximum speed achievable on a human body due to air resistance (terminal velocity) is roughly 60m/s (200kph) so...

(several minutes of scribbling)

Okay so in freefall terminal velocity is reached in 6 seconds and then travelling in that speed for the remaining time...

(more scribbling)

Okay, so the first people who 'fell' would have reached approximately an altitude of 8 kilometers or 5 miles - it's likely that at this point they would have passed out from the cold, velocity and thinness of air but they would still be alive and would have brain activity for several more minutes, so yes they would be fine after the RTTP.

What I find hilarious was that Sissi's baton 'fell' fast enough to achieve escape velocity and break out of the Earth's gravity well into space.

Yeah. I can just imagine an alien turning up asking "who threw that?"

EDIT: Quick different tack. How mamy of the human bodies...er... internal functions do you think are simulated on a Lyoko Avatar?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Mon May 08, 2006 11:34 am

Hmm - human bodily functions? I would have to say none - the avatars as we see them are constructs combining the human mind with a virtual body - there are no internal organs and many aspects of the brain are different even - for example the characters cannot and do not need to sleep on Lyoko, which in the human brain is needed to maintain sanity.

The counter-argument is Odd's stomach upsets from the transporter - now I don't think he actually has a stomach to feel queasy about, so possibly it's a 'phantom sensation' carrying over from his physical body.

Thoughts anyone?
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YDV » Mon May 08, 2006 3:11 pm

It is probably a "phantom sensation," quite possibly a psychological side effect of motion sickness, although this certainly does not seem to be the case when he's doing all those fancy flips in the air. xD;

...I'd say it's a bit more than to maintain sanity-- without sleep, your brain cells would probably start to die, and you'd be -really- sick all the time...

Hm....

Motion in Lyoko ---> Encoded Visual Perception resulting in Sight ---> Subconscious connection to sensations felt as a result of motion sickness ---> Queasy "stomach"?

Wait. Maybe it could be a result of a damaged avatar! Remember when Odd's got butchered because of the specter that got scanned in with him? ...Possibly? It might've carried over until now, and perhaps entering Sector Five has a wacky effect on him.

Dunno. Just a thought.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Mon May 08, 2006 3:52 pm

Good point YDV, especially when we consider that the 'motion sickness' carried over into Yumi when she inhabited his avatar in 'A Fine Mess'
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lyokowarriorteen20010 » Mon May 08, 2006 7:46 pm

Hmm execellent suggestion. But would an error message appear on the screen when ever odd went to lyoko? Also the return to the past would have fixed it.

I have a question. Does Kiwi remember the XANA attacks?
Blank slate soon to be wrote on.

lyokowarriorteen20010 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Jeremified » Mon May 08, 2006 9:28 pm

That would be up to Jeremie. According to my theory, Jeremie's set the supercomputer to "attach" to certain people's DNA code and collect all memories from the time of the RTTP to the return point. He would have to do this for Kiwi manually. However, since dogs' DNA are very different from that of a human, it would be extremely difficult (Franz probably left a program for human DNA before virtualizing himself). So probably no.
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyokowarriorteen20010 » Mon May 08, 2006 10:54 pm

Ok so when do I get a lyoklogist badge?

Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Jeremified » Mon May 08, 2006 10:59 pm

Ask TB3 about that; I have no idea.
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyokowarriorteen20010 » Mon May 08, 2006 11:11 pm

Ok TB3. When do I?

Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Tue May 09, 2006 6:42 am

TB3 wrote:Hmm - human bodily functions? I would have to say none - the avatars as we see them are constructs combining the human mind with a virtual body - there are no internal organs and many aspects of the brain are different even - for example the characters cannot and do not need to sleep on Lyoko, which in the human brain is needed to maintain sanity.

The counter-argument is Odd's stomach upsets from the transporter - now I don't think he actually has a stomach to feel queasy about, so possibly it's a 'phantom sensation' carrying over from his physical body.

About what I figured. Would RW sensations carry over into Lyoko? For example, if you were virtualised while feeling sick, would that carry over to your avatar?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mooshie » Tue May 09, 2006 10:03 am

well I think it all depeds on if your brain is actually simulated in lyoko, or just converted into an AI, because phantome sensations are based upon the part of the brain that recieves feelings, and a phantom sensation is when one part takes over another, so a certain feeling in the no longer existant limb or organ or whatever is connected to a different part of the body yay nova!
A lot of member have sigs that say"I'm a boy", or "I'm a girl", I refuse to join this trend.

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby YDV » Tue May 09, 2006 3:49 pm

Jeremified wrote:Ask TB3 about that; I have no idea.

AHEM. :whatever:

You shall become Lyokologista as soon as one of the Original Lyokologists decides to knight you (TB3, me, animenologist.... concidering he hasn't been around much, probably just TB3 and me)

And. I haven't decided to knight you yet. So I guess it really is up to TB3. xD;

Excellent point there, mooshie. Actually, we believe the MIND itself is "simulated"/contained in Lyoko (aka the part of "you" that contains your thoughts, your memories, your emotions), and the actual physical brain is stored in vDNA as part of the Biological Data, which are then added to the Avatar file. So it could be entirely psychological-- in a way, everything you do in Lyoko is, because technically you aren't using your body at all.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Tue May 09, 2006 8:19 pm

Damn, sorry lyokowarriorboy2006 - I hereby knight you an official Lyokologist, with all rights and privileges therin, including the badge, feel feel to add it to your sig. :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lyokowarriorteen20010 » Tue May 09, 2006 8:41 pm

Thanks. How do I do that exactaly?

Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby mooshie » Tue May 09, 2006 9:20 pm

so let me get this straight, the AI that functions as the brain is a simulation of the brain, which is held in the vDNA as well as the bodily features, DNA, and weapons, clothes and whatnot

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby lyokowarriorteen20010 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:50 pm

Ok how about this. ...there are two different types of files called Lyoko cards, because there are two programs that activate when you're virtualized. First of all, your physical essence has to be downloaded into the computer through a Digital Materialization Sequence. I guess you could call it a blueprint because it registers and outlines the virtual form that you'll have when you enter.
Next, we have the second program, the Virtual Form Sequence which takes the basic blueprint from the Digital Materialization Sequence that you've already been downloaded into, and adds all the other abilities to it. And it's that complete form that materializes inside Lyoko.

Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:51 pm

lyokowarriorboy2006 wrote:Thanks. How do I do that exactaly?

Copy the picture's url from any of ours and add to your sig with the [img] headers and footers.

And yes Mooshie - vDNA is the form in which avatar data is encoded, including the mind and human DNA etc. - hope that helps :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lyokowarriorteen20010 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:58 pm

How do I copy an image?

Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Jeremified » Tue May 09, 2006 11:15 pm

...Right-click on it and select "Copy" from the dropdown.
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext