Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 3:10 pm

Let's Talk Tech II - Over a year of Tech! :)

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Where to go from here?

Wait for S3
23%
Consolidate our ideas
47%
Push for Moonscoop!
30%

Total votes : 47

Postby TB3 » Wed May 10, 2006 9:31 am

Hi guys - wassup?

Firstly, I'd like to apologise to Lyokowarriorboy2006 for not giving him a proper ceremony - the Lyokologist rank isn't something I just toss out so I should have made more of a fuss about it.

Secondly, sorry to the guys for not being here last night - I got involved in a 4-person Skype conversation that froze all of my other programs - so although I was signed-on to LF, I couldn't actually do anything.

On the positive side one of the guys I was talking to is a tech-head and loves our ideas, so go us!

Hmm, as for WarriorBoy's ideas:

Digital Materialisation Sequence - I like the name, but could we tweak it a little to conver every aspect of the 'blueprint' phase up to the point of adding all the Lyoko-Abilities etc - the reason I ask is because we already worked out what goes on when an avatar is generated and later today I'll put up the full sequence for you to look at.

Virtual Form Sequence: Again I love the name - could we apply this to the 'particle' simulation program which allows things like the avatars, monsters, vehicles and the Marabounta to be 'materialised' inside Lyoko?
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mooshie » Wed May 10, 2006 6:01 pm

TB3 wrote:Digital Materialisation Sequence - I like the name, but could we tweak it a little to conver every aspect of the 'blueprint' phase up to the point of adding all the Lyoko-Abilities etc - the reason I ask is because we already worked out what goes on when an avatar is generated and later today I'll put up the full sequence for you to look at.

Virtual Form Sequence: Again I love the name - could we apply this to the 'particle' simulation program which allows things like the avatars, monsters, vehicles and the Marabounta to be 'materialised' inside Lyoko?

well interesting, but I have a few questions, firstly. Would the VFS come first or second. and secondly I think it might be a good idea to keep the actual DNA and the lyoko aspects seperate, otherwise it would be a pain in the butt to convert them back to their earth forms since you would have to do sort the aspects of their progam by hand, so my idea is kind of to make the vDNA used in the DMS into sort of a triple helix (seen on jeremie's screen) one part for the actual DNA and another for body features, and the last for the lyoko abilities, weapons, etc. as always regard or disregard thsi comment as you wish
A lot of member have sigs that say"I'm a boy", or "I'm a girl", I refuse to join this trend.

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what's right" --Isaac Asimov

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD..
only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:23 pm

DNA is stored seperately from the vDNA strand (which is actually a quadruple-helix) which constitutes the Lyokan code - elements of the human DNA are stored in the avatar's template when first constructed, and then suplemented with data from the molecular scan to account for physical changes that have occured, such as increased height etc.

Hmm, give me a few seconds to hunt down the article I wrote.

Hmm, right, I can't 'quote' the article since the thread is locked, so here is the link to the page - scroll down a short way and you will not miss the avatar article - it was a massive one.

Last edited by TB3 on Wed May 10, 2006 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mooshie » Wed May 10, 2006 6:28 pm

TB3 wrote:DNA is stored seperately in the vDNA strand (which is actually a quadruple-helix) from the Lyokan code - elements of the human DNA are stored in the avatar's template when first constructed, and then suplemented with data from the molecular scan to account for physical changes that have occured, such as increased height etc.

that makes sense, and I suppose the memory is copyed back to the earth vDNA
A lot of member have sigs that say"I'm a boy", or "I'm a girl", I refuse to join this trend.

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:31 pm

mooshie wrote:
TB3 wrote:DNA is stored seperately in the vDNA strand (which is actually a quadruple-helix) from the Lyokan code - elements of the human DNA are stored in the avatar's template when first constructed, and then suplemented with data from the molecular scan to account for physical changes that have occured, such as increased height etc.

that makes sense, and I suppose the memory is copyed back to the earth vDNA

I actually misquoted myself, sorry - human DNA is not stored in the avatars, but the avatars both link to the DNA and use parts of it in their vDNA code.

Here's the LTT page that included the article, scroll down a short way to get to it.

Let's Talk tech - Avatars
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mooshie » Wed May 10, 2006 7:36 pm

wow I'm going to have to read that a couple more times as well as the rest of the original LTT, and of course possibly "programming the universe" a book on quantum computing, one more question though, how the super computer increaases in strength is never fully explained, jeremie's explanation in "a great day" is cut off by odd

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:38 pm

me to
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:48 pm

mooshie wrote:wow I'm going to have to read that a couple more times as well as the rest of the original LTT, and of course possibly "programming the universe" a book on quantum computing, one more question though, how the super computer increaases in strength is never fully explained, jeremie's explanation in "a great day" is cut off by odd

Our theory is that with every RTTP the computer gets the oppurtunity to restudy the day's events on the quantum level, and from comparison of alternate event sequences and a lot of number-crunching, 'teach' itself and thus achieve a higher processing level.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mooshie » Wed May 10, 2006 10:22 pm

oh ok so it's "learning" to be more efficient by watching how a day progresses in two different branches of time, because the basis of quantum computing is the observation of the different states of atoms, so in theory the more atomic states you have observed the more efficient and therefore powerful your computer is, gotcha

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby lyokowarriorteen20010 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:25 pm

I have a question. If Jerimie had a trip to lyoko that means he has a virtual avatar. And not the one with him a his earth pic. Where is his Avatar card?
Blank slate soon to be wrote on.

lyokowarriorteen20010 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lani » Wed May 10, 2006 10:30 pm

Well, there could be two options:

1. Since the show uses mostly recycled scenes, they didn't want to add in another one, so just used the older ones.

2. He deleted it. He did, basically, vow never to step into the scanners again after Mister Puck. xD; So yeah.

And there could be like three. Or four. Options but... I can't think today xD;;
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mooshie » Wed May 10, 2006 10:39 pm

actually when jeremie tryed to go to lyoko in "frontier" his card was visible,
on it was a picture of his earth form, when giving yumi instructions as to how to virtualize him he said that he had set weapons and apparel on 'default' implying that he would be just a 3-D version of himself, however
when he went to lyoko in I believe it was "Mister Puck" it is said that with his weapons he looked ridiculous, his lyoko card was probably deleted, his lyoko figure is now purely the stuff of fanfiction

>edit: sorry, lani posted right before me

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Jazzy Josh » Wed May 10, 2006 11:09 pm

He could have re-designed it, or have deleted it and re-created it..

oh, and BTW Let's Talk Tech needs a Wikipedia page, along with it being added to {{code lyoko}}

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby mooshie » Wed May 10, 2006 11:19 pm

actually LF needs a wiki page, LTT would be just part of it, I already have a wiki account
so e-mail me a page setup if you don't want to get a wiki account, but anywho LTT is awesome, everyone should know of it *goes off to notify the world*

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Wed May 10, 2006 11:30 pm

mooshie wrote:actually LF needs a wiki page, LTT would be just part of it, I already have a wiki account
so e-mail me a page setup if you don't want to get a wiki account, but anywho LTT is awesome, everyone should know of it *goes off to notify the world*

Hehe, someone did make a wiki, but if you want to make another feel free :)

My one request - until we can send this to Moonscoop, let's not make LTT too public - I don't want the ideas that we've put so much effort into, getting stolen.

When we send the final thing, I will be able to get a form of copyrighting on it - in Britain if you put a document in a sealed envelop, and then get that date-stamped by the Post Office, it will stand up in court-of-law as proof of ownership.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Sat May 13, 2006 8:06 am

Hmm - should I post all the previous essays in here to save us having to keep going back to the original thread to find them?
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby therealphoenix » Sat May 13, 2006 9:09 am

Very interesting topic. Look forward to anything you people do! ^_^
Famous Code Lyoko quotes

Sissi-"Oh my, your darling yumi has abandoned you for once"

Odd-"Like your brain, it abandoned you a long time ago"

Ulrich-"Don't worry about it"

Odd-"How come everytime he says don't worry, I start worrying?"
therealphoenix offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby mooshie » Sat May 13, 2006 9:38 am

TB3 wrote:Hmm - should I post all the previous essays in here to save us having to keep going back to the original thread to find them?
I think that would be a good idea, my one suggestion is to compile it all into essay format, so basically take all your essay posts put them together and add all things posted by others, well as always R.O.D.T.A.Y.W.

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Sat May 13, 2006 6:25 pm

Hmm, right, I'll get onto the mods to temporarily unlock LTT so that I can quote the original essays and move them here.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby darktemplar » Mon May 15, 2006 1:06 pm

Hm, I really hardly understand that we apply Real World Physics to something Unreal&Impossible.

How could this sh.. little thing have enough power to rip timelines off and even travelling through the past(how much sh... energy you need to do it)
Darktemplar is Back

Now doing: eee... something that looks and talks like a forum!
darktemplar offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Mon May 15, 2006 5:50 pm

darktemplar wrote:Hm, I really hardly understand that we apply Real World Physics to something Unreal&Impossible.

How could this sh.. little thing have enough power to rip timelines off and even travelling through the past(how much sh... energy you need to do it)

Mate, that's the whole point, to try and apply as much real-world physics to an impossible concept - if you think that's dumb, Stephen Hawking wrote a foreword for a book on how the tech of Star-Trek might work.

Also, if you think it's dumb, how come you keep posting here? Also, could you please look all the people who have gotten this thread through 1000 posts and into it's second iteration in the face and tell them you think it's dumb.

Bottom line, NO-ONE CARES! We do this because it's fun - so just try and enjoy it if you want to post here.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jeremified » Mon May 15, 2006 6:54 pm

Take TB3's last sentence: we do it for fun. 8) Besides, it makes more sense when we discuss our ideas.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mooshie » Mon May 15, 2006 9:05 pm

yeah we do this to waste spare time, but anyways, tronight I'm going to spend the better part of the night compiling the original LTT into essay format so... yeah

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Mon May 15, 2006 9:16 pm

mooshie wrote:yeah we do this to waste spare time, but anyways, tronight I'm going to spend the better part of the night compiling the original LTT into essay format so... yeah

Umm I'm already in talks with the mods to unlock the original thread and move the essays over here so umm, keep that in mind, but thanks anyway :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mooshie » Mon May 15, 2006 10:39 pm

well then never mind, I'll just do it to waste time, and whatnot

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

PreviousNext