Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:22 pm

Which couple is better?

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby SamBlob » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:21 pm

X/A, maybe? X/A lemon, maybe?
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Dummo Marx » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:02 pm

...I'm taking that one!! *pushes everyone outta the way* hehehe
Who's a man and a half? I'm a man and a half
Dummo Marx offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Skysong » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:28 am

0_o Now *that* is beyond disturbing. Weird concept weird concept WEIRD concept!
Mistress of madness and all that jazz. FFN account DA account
Panel from Wild Child 'cause the nosekiss was getting too weird.
Skysong offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Dummo Marx » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:32 am

AH yes well...pleasure to meet you then Lassie....Erotically Disturbing is my middle name :D
Dummo Marx offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:43 am

SamBlob wrote:X/A, maybe?

I think I've seen a few fanfics that imply that on FF.net. They're all one-sided though (XANA's side). ^^; Interestingly...X/Y seems a bit more popular for some reason.... :blush: XD

Anyway, I like the canon couples, and I tend to do more with Y/U, at least fanfic and fanart-wise. :) I can't say either one is better over the other though, IMO. They've both got merit in my book. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dummo Marx » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:51 am

...*reads FF.net* X/Y?!....hmmm
Dummo Marx offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:47 am

I am canon couples all the way, but I do like the Odd/Aelita pairing quite a bit.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Star Way » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:52 am

I like O/A as well... they seem like they could possibly work out. (Though, I like couples with Jeremie in them a lot. I've seen people pull of Y/J with *flying colors* before. But it can certainly be done badly too. :P)

Here's an interesting bit of info for you O/A lovers: over on the main site, there's a hidden joke in the banner. See if you can find it!
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:07 pm

I see Odd and Aelita walking next to each other, and another part when it looks like Aelita is looking up at Odd and Sam kissing.
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Star Way » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:10 pm

Lol, the picture of them walking together doesn't count. The other part does, though.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:13 pm

Star Way wrote:Lol, the picture of them walking together doesn't count. The other part does, though.

There appear to be some really tiny white text inside the "kissy-face" part...does that also have to do with O/A? I think I can detect the word "love" in it, but it's really hard to read anything else. Is that also part of the secret? :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skysong » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:41 pm

Heheh... I spotted that the first time I went onto the site at large... I was like "Hmm, O/A?"
Skysong offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Enki » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:27 pm

What do you guys think about Odd/Emily?
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Star Way » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:38 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Star Way wrote:Lol, the picture of them walking together doesn't count. The other part does, though.

There appear to be some really tiny white text inside the "kissy-face" part...does that also have to do with O/A? I think I can detect the word "love" in it, but it's really hard to read anything else. Is that also part of the secret? :)

I don't remember what the text says... it may very well be jibberish. :P The joke is that Aelita is looking up at Odd and Samantha in mid-kiss. Angst! Woot! :P

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Enki » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:25 am

So what do you guys think about Odd/Emily?
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby SamBlob » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:35 am

The same thing we thought the last time you posted the question.
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Saphire-089 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:01 pm

I like O/A. :)
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby 4lpha0mega » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:12 am

O/A is ok, but J/A is almost certain
4lpha0mega offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Skysong » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:18 pm

Almost certain? If the writers were any more blunt about J/A they'd be smacking us all with "Jeremie <3 Aelita" sticks.
Skysong offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:25 pm

Odd/Aelita is semi-implied, depending upon how much one reads into Odd's words to her in Lyoko during the episode 'Laughing Fit.'

"Oh, I'm not worried.."

It's one-sided if anything (on Odd's part), at least canon-wise. Maybe it's just wishful thinking ^_^.
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Yizzy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:35 pm

I always liked the U/Y thing.....but then I realized all the stuff that hurts the relationship making the couple,easy to rip apart 0__o;;;

I was never a huge fan over J/A but it is very very cute and has a better chance of surviving then then most others do.I go crazy for A/O and I honestly dont know why...I just do :P
[icon by trying@lj]
Yizzy offline

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:28 pm

Well, in my personal opinion..

Ulrich/Yumi: This is just a horrible pairing. Ulrich and Yumi are awful for each other. This upsets me because we know that they are going to end up together when there's really no reason that they should work as a couple.

Ulrich/Sissi: I would like for this couple to happen but it would take a WHOLE lot of developing on both parts to even be considered realistic. That's part of the reason why I love it, though. Character development and growth. =)

Ulrich/Emily: Just stupid. Emily doesn't even really have a role in the series so far, even though people think she does. She's kinda just there as an extra "window of opportunity" for Ulrich when he's having problems with Yumi.

Jeremie/Aelita: Very cute couple. It's funny with this one because I prefer Aelita to be with Odd, yet Jeremie to be with Aelita. XD Completely impossible for that, though. So.. yahh. I like this pairing. They can and do work as a couple. It's very sweet. =)

Jeremie/Yumi: Ehh.. I suppose it's possible. I actually don't mind it too much. It's actually pretty cute, once you get over the initial weirdness.. o_O

Odd/Samantha: Blahh. Just blahh. I hated Samantha and I hated her with Odd. They are not good together at all. Enough said.

Odd/Aelita: I really like this pairing and I think that Odd and Aelita are great for each other. He is crazy and carefree while Aelita is calm and reasonable. Odd loves to do crazy things in the world and Aelita wants to learn about the world. ;)

Odd/Sissi: This pairing is just.. nothing. It's not cute, yet not the worst possible combination. It's just.. ehh. No. It's.. bleh. xD

Sissi/Herb: HECK NO! This is a stupid pairing. For one, in my opinion, Herb is not emotionally ready for any sort of relationship. Actually, neither is Sissi. This is just a yucky mess emotionally AND physically. Ew. XD

No one probably cares about any of that but oh well. :P
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby 4lpha0mega » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:06 pm

i agree pretty much about Linii-chan said, although im not sure i like Odd/Aelita, i couldnt really see it happening
4lpha0mega offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SamBlob » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:46 pm

Linii-chan wrote: Ulrich/Yumi: This is just a horrible pairing. Ulrich and Yumi are awful for each other. This upsets me because we know that they are going to end up together when there's really no reason that they should work as a couple.

I keep asking, you keep telling me, and I keep forgetting, but I'll ask again: Why, exactly, should this not work? As I see it, each is the other's bridge over troubled water.

Linii-chan wrote:Ulrich/Sissi: I would like for this couple to happen but it would take a WHOLE lot of developing on both parts to even be considered realistic. That's part of the reason why I love it, though. Character development and growth. =)

I am sorry, but it has not been my experience to see people outgrow arrogance, egoism and manipulativeness. The opposite is usually the case; they tend to harden into these characteristics. It would take a miracle on the order of Saul's conversion on the road to Damascus for Sissy to "outgrow" that.

If Ulrich and Sissy were ultimately to end up together, I would expect Ulrich to get and use a daisho within a year of the union. The katana would be used on Sissy and the wakizashi on himself.

Linii-chan wrote: Ulrich/Emily: Just stupid. Emily doesn't even really have a role in the series so far, even though people think she does. She's kinda just there as an extra "window of opportunity" for Ulrich when he's having problems with Yumi.

The main reason why your opposition to this is understadable lies in the extent to which Emily and Yumi are similar, so whatever your reason is for not liking U/Y, it would probably extend to U/E as well.

OTOH, the fact that Ulrich has some interest in Emily, and that Odd predicted that Emily would have some interest in Ulrich, is probably meant to reinfroce the idea of U/Y...

Linii-chan wrote: Jeremie/Aelita: Very cute couple. It's funny with this one because I prefer Aelita to be with Odd, yet Jeremie to be with Aelita. XD Completely impossible for that, though. So.. yahh. I like this pairing. They can and do work as a couple. It's very sweet. =)

While I am a massive J/A fan, I wonder how much they would withstand the kind of competition U/Y have. No girls find Jeremy interesting and apart from Ulrich (who's into Yumi) and Odd, no other boy knows that Aelita exists. That's why I made up Martha Chapelle, a girl who likes Jeremy, Odd and Herb (!) and who Jeremy finds interesting (and who Odd finds scary...)

Linii-chan wrote: Jeremie/Yumi: Ehh.. I suppose it's possible. I actually don't mind it too much. It's actually pretty cute, once you get over the initial weirdness.. o_O

This could be beautiful, but only if Aelita were well and truly out of the way. Actually, in my second "grown up" CL idea, Jeremy is wavering between Yumi, who has become a shadowy operative for the Japanese Foreign Office, and the memory of Aelita, who has left him for a NVOC (not very original character) named Philip Vilovitch :D . Meanwhile, Aelita is thinking of leaving Vilovitch because she wants children and he doesn't... J/A ultimately end up back together and Yumi ends up alone again in the world of black ops.

Linii-chan wrote: Odd/Aelita: I really like this pairing and I think that Odd and Aelita are great for each other. He is crazy and carefree while Aelita is calm and reasonable. Odd loves to do crazy things in the world and Aelita wants to learn about the world. ;)

Actually, Odd/Aelita/Jeremy would be an interesting dilemma for Aelita, but I ultimately prefer J/A to O/A.

To be honest, I think the main reason why most people think of O/A is the number of occasions in which they end up on top of each other and their reactions when it happens. This is probably why there are so many Y/A ideas, too... Ulrich is probably the only one who hasn't ended up on the ground with Aelita (well, Jeremy too, although their meeting in mid-air is rather more significant than any of those...)

Linii-chan wrote:Odd/Sissi: This pairing is just.. nothing. It's not cute, yet not the worst possible combination. It's just.. ehh. No. It's.. bleh. xD

This would not make a good relationship at all, but it would make interesting lemon as a single incident... (Forget the morning, they wouldn't even respect each other during the act...)

Linii-chan wrote: Sissi/Herb: HECK NO! This is a stupid pairing. For one, in my opinion, Herb is not emotionally ready for any sort of relationship. Actually, neither is Sissi. This is just a yucky mess emotionally AND physically. Ew. XD

OTOH, this reminds me of a quote about Thomas Carlyle and his wife, to the effect that it was good that they married each other and not other people, thereby making two miserable people instead of four...

Linii-chan wrote: No one probably cares about any of that but oh well. :P

Well, it is food for thought...
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Star Way » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:51 pm

Muahaha. I was going to respond to Linii's post using about 5,000 quotes, but then I decided to just copy and paste her couples and change her opinions to mine. ^_______~

Ulrich/Yumi: I guess everyone is such a big fan of this because, speaking PURELY from the American pop culture standpoint, Ulrich and Yumi are the most attractive group members... physically and mentally. Ulrich is athletic, has a nice face... and has some emotional problems that make him seem more mature and strong. Chicks dig him. :P Yumi is Japanese, enough said. It's only logical for most people to pair these two, no matter how well they would go together IRL. Unfortunately, IRL, the most attractive most likely won't work out well together. Tv is different though, I guess. But anyway. :P Because they're so embarassed of being affectionate to each other (possibly to an unrealistic extent.... though I don't know how things like that work in France) they have a lot to work on if they're going to be together. Someone once said that "love is the absence of fear". Well, I guess it just sucks to be you, Ulrich and Yumi. (Aaaaaaugh long.... hahah)

Ulrich/Sissi: Well, I don't know about this one. I like the Ulrich and Sissi relationship, but quite frankly I'd rather see it develope into a close friendship rather than an actual lovey-dovey type thing. :P I think Linii is right, though, about how it would take time (and force more character development, which rocks).

Ulrich/Emily: Ehhh.... like Linii said, Emily is just kind of.... a replacement for Yumi, which sucks. Emily should have been established much more before Ulrich's little crisis in Routine, because as it is, she just looks like a convenient character, which makes the show itself look tacky.

Jeremie/Aelita: I love J/A because for one thing, I have a huge, unhealthy crush on Jeremie, plus Aelita is a character I love as well. I love the idea of Jeremie being able to find love in a weird place, like... the computer. And they just seem to fit: Jeremie will do anything for Aelita (because he's 100% smitten XD) and Aelita relies on him so much (yet she stays strong on her own). I hope that made sense. :P

Jeremie/Yumi: Purely based on the fanfics I've read with J/Y (which there aren't many of *sigh*) I think J/Y can either be extremely good, or extremely awful and very much OOC. I can see Yumi becoming the dominant half of the relationship, which could present either problems or wonderful things.... but quite frankly, problems are more likely. I still support this couple, though. Don't ask me why. :P

Odd/Samantha: To put it shortly, he likes her, she doesn't really like him. Uh-huh, that'll work out. *rolls eyes*

Odd/Aelita: I agree fully with Linii on this one. ^^

Odd/Sissi: But I disagree with her on this one. ;) I think O/S could work. They seem like the type to hate each other so much that they just fall in love somewhere down the line. Odd is always picking on Sissi, even moreso than Ulrich on some occasions. But that could just mean they're interested in each other. ;)

Sissi/Herb: Meh. IMO, Herb shouldn't be paired with ANYONE.... just because I don't.... ever want to see him... kissing a girl. x_x

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

PreviousNext