Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:33 am

LTT3 - Rewriting Physics since 2005!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:41 pm

1) Aelita didn't get anywhere NEAR Sector 5 that Season. And any data on Franz Hopper has been wiped and restoring Carthage won't bring that data back.

2) No, because the DNA Sequence and Materialisation program, extraneous data that wasn't part of the original program.

If you wiped your hard drive and reinstalled Windows, it wouldn't bring back any other files that were wiped, would it? Anything not on the install DVD(s) is GONE.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:34 pm

They'd need fresh DNA, AX. And DNA degrades rather quickly, especially without the virtual stuff not on hand.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:40 am

I was pretty sure that Franz had escaped to the Internet at the end of Season 3- even if the data for materializing Hopper's body was somehow still there, it would be useless without a mind... or at least very creepy.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Sithking Zero » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:48 pm

And if they do materialize the body... we'd have Zombie Franz.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JeremyHopper » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:11 pm

Ah, I see what you guys are saying. Technically they could materialize Franz using his vDNA, but since his mind is detached from his body he would come out lifeless. Or worse... XANA could take over the lifeless body during materialization!

When Jeremy materialized Aelita, I hypothesize that the hard part was not getting the vDNA, but attaching the mind of Aelita with the virtual body. When someone virtualizes, their mind is detached from their body, but a link is kept so that when you try to devirtualize him/her the mind will reunite with the body. Whatever happened to Aelita, the link must've been broken between her vDNA and her mind. My guess anyway.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby mooshie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:58 pm

I'm fairly sure the vDNA includes the simulation of the mind that controls the avatars on lyoko, after all there is nothing that differentiates it from the simulation of the bodies that creates the avatars themselves
A lot of member have sigs that say"I'm a boy", or "I'm a girl", I refuse to join this trend.

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what's right" --Isaac Asimov

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD..
only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:01 pm

Possibly, though Ulrich's mind and body DID end up in seperate places, so the program presumably works fine even if the mental section is missing.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mooshie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:25 pm

and to be fair, that was XANA's doing so..
A lot of member have sigs that say"I'm a boy", or "I'm a girl", I refuse to join this trend.

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby YDV » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:29 pm

JeremyHopper wrote:Ah, I see what you guys are saying. Technically they could materialize Franz using his vDNA, but since his mind is detached from his body he would come out lifeless. Or worse... XANA could take over the lifeless body during materialization!

When Jeremy materialized Aelita, I hypothesize that the hard part was not getting the vDNA, but attaching the mind of Aelita with the virtual body. When someone virtualizes, their mind is detached from their body, but a link is kept so that when you try to devirtualize him/her the mind will reunite with the body. Whatever happened to Aelita, the link must've been broken between her vDNA and her mind. My guess anyway.

*insert LTT dinosaur*

Erm. xD;; It was my assumption that Jeremie's ordeal was about her back-up file in the vDNA missing. Like, she had the code but no guide on converting it back. So he had to figure out a way to convert her vDNA into actual DNA without it. I dunno. I haven't thought about it in a while (nor have I been here *shot*)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:17 am

Come to think of it, how is that possible that we, the ones who have dissected the very fabric of space and time to explain a kids cartoon show, haven't come up with an answer to the problem of the entire first season?

This is something we must discuss...
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:23 am

Tales of the YDV wrote:*insert LTT dinosaur* Erm. xD;; It was my assumption that Jeremie's ordeal was about her back-up file in the vDNA missing. Like, she had the code but no guide on converting it back. So he had to figure out a way to convert her vDNA into actual DNA without it. I dunno. I haven't thought about it in a while (nor have I been here *shot*)

Makes sense to me. And welcome back.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:38 am

Thanks. :D

Yeah... it's just, when I read that, something in my brain told me "THAT'S NOT RIGHT!" but I couldn't remember why. xD;
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JeremyHopper » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:55 am

Tales of the YDV wrote:
JeremyHopper wrote:Ah, I see what you guys are saying. Technically they could materialize Franz using his vDNA, but since his mind is detached from his body he would come out lifeless. Or worse... XANA could take over the lifeless body during materialization!

*insert LTT dinosaur*

Erm. xD;; It was my assumption that Jeremie's ordeal was about her back-up file in the vDNA missing. Like, she had the code but no guide on converting it back. So he had to figure out a way to convert her vDNA into actual DNA without it. I dunno. I haven't thought about it in a while (nor have I been here *shot*)

Eh, I get some of this stuff wrong because the last time I saw Season 1 was like a year ago. I'm making hypothesis's with the evidence I've got, which happens to not be much. And welcome back YDV.

Another thing: I believe that the mind is completely seperate from the body, not only in Lyoko but in real life, so you can't say that the SC just replicates the mind, it's completely impossible. The mind is more energy than matter. It could exist seperate from a body. Now here's a question: if anybody agrees with what I'm saying, then how could the SC support the mind of the person in Lyoko and keep it undamaged?

Remember, I'm always just throwin' ideas out there! Don't think I'm saying "This is true now believe it or else!" because I'm not.

EDIT:|:|: Ah, now I remember! Your right, I think Jeremy dosen't know how to convert the vDNA back to normal DNA. Maybe he needs to figure out an algorithm that's unique for each person's vDNA?
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby Tangent128 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:37 am

TB3 in the Avatar essay wrote:while the Lyokan avatars serve the function of creating distinct divisions between characters, they also function as ‘file folders.’
vDNA Mental/Consciousness Patterns

This file contains all data referring to the ‘mental’ aspect of the human body – namely a molecular scan of the mind and a recording and simulation of all neural impulses and wavelengths.

This file is also encoded in vDNA to allow it to be simulated and linked to the avatar’s ‘nervous system’ – when the two files combine the avatar ceases to be inanimate coding and becomes a living, thinking, feeling being.
SEPARATE FILES The avatar only contains the files necessary for it’s own operation, but it also serves as a link to several other files held in the supercomputer’s restricted access memory.

MOLECULAR SCAN – BIO (V. large file, VDNA encoded) This is all the data picked up by the scanners during the virtualisation, minus the actual consciousness, which is diverted to the avatar.

Yeah, that would seem to imply that the mind and physical body data are stored separately. As far as the reason Aelita was linked to the SC, I was thinking of how files on *nix systems are handled- multiple folders can have links to the same file, and programs that have a file open also have a link to it; a file is only removed when all links are gone. If you delete it from the folder, but still have it open, it isn't gone yet. The SC might use a similar system. The memories XANA took from Aelita were removed from her Avatar, but they were still linked to by the program that runs the Avatars. This program also linked to the rest of the data in her Avatar, of course. She couldn't remember anything because the data couldn't be accessed by the Avatar program (maybe because of that sphere it was in?), but the program still considered the data to be there.
Presumably, when, say, Odd is materialized, the SC considers his mental data to have been moved to his physical body, and, since his Avatar has been removed from Lyoko, ceases to track it. However, when Aelita was materialized, the program did not move her 1994 memories into her body, not knowing that they existed since they weren't in her Avatar. Presumably, the Avatar program, for safety reasons, only closes all of its files on an all-or-nothing basis; since it couldn't close the 1994 memories, likely due to another safety mechanism (don't close the last link to human files), it kept links to her mind in her body as well.

I hope somebody bothers reading this...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Key » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:22 pm

When they enter the scanners, doesn't the whole body go into Lyoko? I wouldn't have thought that the body would just stay in the scanners that whole time.

The whole body must be taken, and converted into data. That's why Aelita wouldn't appear when the scanners are opened, so more than just 3 people can enter the Lyoko, proof being the addition of William.

- - -

What is the process of virtualization anyway?

- - -

And that brought me to another question.

Does Virtualization preserve age? That was the whole idea behind Franz's, "A World Without Danger" idea.

I would have thought no, because the memory is still going within the person entering Lyoko. When they come out, they remember what happened. Aelita did seem younger when she first entered Lyoko.
Key offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:56 pm

In order:

Yes

It's a long story. Try here: http://ltt.purplehill.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

and we aren't sure.

*sigh* Of all the people who could have ressurected the thread, why him?
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Key » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:02 pm

The thread died?

I just wanted a few questions awnsered is all. LyokoFreak doesn't seem quite so keen on visitors these days.

Conventional reason doesn't work with Cassius335. Always predictable.
Key offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:28 pm

Okay, I have a question.

Since ghosts and ghost-possessed objects and people appear (largely from observation) to use electricity as the primary modus of power, couldn't water theoretically ground a possessed person and kill the ghost?

And yes, in the episode with Possessed Mr. Delmas, he runs on water, but I have a theory to back that up. The ghost possessed everything except the feet, and used the rest of the leg to propel itself forwards, then used heat created by electricity to steam the H20 off.

So, is this possible, or is it crap?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mooshie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:35 pm

Well, considering the "ghost" is a digital impulse it is possible, however for all of the crazy superpowers it is more likely that either
1. Xana superhyperultracharges the victims metabolism, which would would explain why the possesees are so tired afterwards.
2. Xana uses the wormhole he/she used to posses the victim to send them energy, which explains the victim's ability to create the energyfield-like blasts.

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby JeremyHopper » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:01 am

3. It's a kids TV show and all good animes have balls of energy shooting from peoples hands.

lol :*D I'm just kidding. But you know, a lot of it is plot device...
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:48 am

GivR wrote:The thread died?

I just wanted a few questions awnsered is all. LyokoFreak doesn't seem quite so keen on visitors these days.

Conventional reason has nothing to do with it. I don't like you, simple as that.

And could you try asking questions that make it at least appear you've been paying attention for the last two-and-a-bit threads and one essay?

Sithking Zero wrote:Okay, I have a question.

Since ghosts and ghost-possessed objects and people appear (largely from observation) to use electricity as the primary modus of power, couldn't water theoretically ground a possessed person and kill the ghost?

And yes, in the episode with Possessed Mr. Delmas, he runs on water, but I have a theory to back that up. The ghost possessed everything except the feet, and used the rest of the leg to propel itself forwards, then used heat created by electricity to steam the H20 off.

So, is this possible, or is it crap?

It's plausible (the spectre's certainly seem to avoid water), though: have any posessed people shown any fear of water? A simpler explanation might be that being in a host body insulates the possessing spectre (and the host body will have some water in it already, which implies SOME resistance).
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Key » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:16 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
GivR wrote:The thread died?

Conventional reason has nothing to do with it. I don't like you, simple as that.

And could you try asking questions that make it at least appear you've been paying attention for the last two-and-a-bit threads and one essay?

That doesn't even deserve a reply.
Key offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby JeremyHopper » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:30 am

...And yet you did reply...

On a non-necro note, how complicated would the software have to be to handle the scanners and input from the supercomuter? You know, the software on that computer console Jeremy has in the holoroom level. How many variables are in play? What kind of information is being shared between the console, the supercomputer, and the scanners? What other important hardware is there?
~Sean

JeremyHopper offline

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:06 pm

JeremyHopper wrote:On a non-necro note, how complicated would the software have to be to handle the scanners and input from the supercomuter? You know, the software on that computer console Jeremy has in the holoroom level. How many variables are in play? What kind of information is being shared between the console, the supercomputer, and the scanners? What other important hardware is there?

I think we can safely assume pretty complicated. We're not talikng Windows XP software running a laptop here, after all...
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Key » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:24 pm

JeremyHopper wrote:...And yet you did reply...

I know. That's just how kind I am.
Key offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

PreviousNext