Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:34 pm

What does xana mean

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

What does xana mean

Postby lyokodude » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:57 am

I been thinkin of it since school began
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Stephen (x1) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:58 am

Do you mean what does it stand for?
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lyokodude » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:05 am

yes
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Stephen (x1) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:22 am

We can only guess. Let me do some more research and I'll get back to you.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lyokodude » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:27 am

yea I do some research too

lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Star Way » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:45 pm

I kind of doubt it means anything, but you guys can certainly check.

I'm not going to lock this one, lyokodude, but in the future please don't make so many new threads all at once. Okay?
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby lyokodude » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:46 pm

Why does making too many threads slow down the forum

lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Lotho » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:48 pm

Did you forget about the pilot? In which the virtual world was called xanadu. This might have propagated into Xana due to a lazy developer ir it just being a cool name.
Lotho offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:48 pm

lyokodude wrote:Why does making too many threads slow down the forum

No, but it gets annoying for other members to go around the forums just to read some good and bad stuff.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby lyokodude » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:49 pm

yea I know I just wanna see if anybody has any ideas

lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Star Way » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:49 pm

It doesn't, but it's very spammy and no one wants to contribute to a spammy site. Plus it takes up space, and when you make a whole lot of new threads, it bumps other threads down and onto the second page which is really inconvenient.

Just as a rule of thumb, before you post anything (whether that means posting to someone else's thread or making your own) make sure that whatever it is you have to say will be worth everyone else's time... think about what it'll be like for everyone else to look at it. If you can imagine that it wouldn't interest anyone, you probably shouldn't post it.

As for making completely new threads, please don't post more than two or three in such a short period of time. K? :)
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby lyokodude » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:53 pm

okey dokey I got ya

lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Little Vili » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:55 pm

just to answer (though Im sure it has). XANA doesnt mean anything in particular. People thought it was an acronim (sp?) but its really not. XANA...is just XANA.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:44 am

Celahir Ciryatan wrote:Did you forget about the pilot? In which the virtual world was called xanadu. This might have propagated into Xana due to a lazy developer ir it just being a cool name.

CL and GK are different in some ways. At GK, their enemy didn't had a name (not sure of it, though), and te world was Xanadu. At CL, the enemy had a name (XANA) and the place was Lyoko.

And they changed from Xanadu to Lyoko because of avoiding to get into problems with the movie "Xanadu" (with Olivia Newton-John) or something like that.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:42 pm

bloodyhellrodri85 wrote:And they changed from Xanadu to Lyoko because of avoiding to get into problems with the movie "Xanadu" (with Olivia Newton-John) or something like that.

I think Xanadu actually has some sort of religious implications...I've seen the name mentioned on other shows (like FOP), so it can't be entirely the fear of a lawsuit. I'll have to look into that. I think Lyoko works really well though as a name. One can certainly sing it quicker... XD
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin